[THE OFFICIAL] IU 아이유 Thread

akinahana89

9jill9 said: Wow!  That's an awesome way to help someone but that takes some patience!  I can never really grow it that long. I generally get it cut slightly below shoulder length.  I've recently got a really short hair cut and noticed the difference right away.  Less hair on the floor, less time to wash, less hair product :P  Just less everything except how often I have to go to the salon.  Now that we're approaching winter, I'm growing it back out and it's in the awkward stage.  :(
I'm very active when it comes to helping oncology patients. I don't work with them directly, but there was a point in my life where I wanted to become a pediatric oncologist. Unfortunately, the process it takes to become one could not hold my interest, so I ended up switching majors. It's probably a good thing though, since I'm a very emotional person and I would probably be a wreck every day for the rest of my life working in that field. But I am a Partner in Hope for St. Jude's, a large pediatric oncology hospital, and I actively donate my hair. It's a hassle, but I also think it's completely worth it. I also participate in walks to raise money for research and purchase ribbon products which donates a portion of the cost to research as well.

My ideal length is two to three inches below the shoulder, so I embrace it when it gets to that length. Right now, my hair is mid-back and starting to become a disaster to have to wash and work with... but... thinking positively, it'll be perfect for the current cold weather we're having. Kekeke~~ I understand about the awkward stages, but that is the time where you can really switch things up and do different styles with it. Find something fun and manageable. :)

I wonder if IU has ever considered donating her beautiful hair... Whoever gets those locks would be so lucky - in more ways than one. :D

akinahana89 said: 9jill9 said: Wow!  That's an awesome way to help someone but that takes some patience!  I can never really grow it that long. I generally get it cut slightly below shoulder length.  I've recently got a really short hair cut and noticed the difference right away.  Less hair on the floor, less time to wash, less hair product :P  Just less everything except how often I have to go to the salon.  Now that we're approaching winter, I'm growing it back out and it's in the awkward stage.  :(

Guest violet9004

to be honest IU fandom is the most laid back and cool fandom.. actually IU have 2nd most biggest fandom (Uaena) in girl list just behind SNSD that alone show how much fan that she got but they mostly a guy that don't really care about the thing that happening in internet all they care is IU sing and buy her album.. also IU fan is more mature and you can see in any site we are the coolest among other.. kekeke

but with this MT album i can see IU gain a lot of female fan cause i think the fanchant sometime sound like female voice and she got 1000 new fan from this album alone in Korea.. can't wait for her drama cause this way she can gain a lot of new fan internationally.. :D

iu93jjang said: to be honest IU fandom is the most laid back and cool fandom.. actually IU have 2nd most biggest fandom (Uaena) in girl list just behind SNSD that alone show how much fan that she got but they mostly a guy that don't really care about the thing that happening in internet all they care is IU sing and buy her album.. also IU fan is more mature and you can see in any site we are the coolest among other.. kekeke

but with this MT album i can see IU gain a lot of female fan cause i think the fanchant sometime sound like female voice and she got 1000 new fan from this album alone in Korea.. can't wait for her drama cause this way she can gain a lot of new fan internationally.. :D

9jill9 said: iu93jjang said: to be honest IU fandom is the most laid back and cool fandom.. actually IU have 2nd most biggest fandom (Uaena) in girl list just behind SNSD that alone show how much fan that she got but they mostly a guy that don't really care about the thing that happening in internet all they care is IU sing and buy her album.. also IU fan is more mature and you can see in any site we are the coolest among other.. kekeke

Guest violet9004

I've noticed that KBS likes to hold on to their peeps if they can once they've had a hit.  They're probably first in line for any new drama.

Joo Won went from Baker King to Ojakgyo Brothers to getting a stint on 1N2D and Bridal Mask back to back..  Now he's back with Good Doctor.  All his dramas except one are with KBS.

UEE got her stint as a Music Bank MC while being a hit on Ojakgyo Brothers and landed Jeon Woo Chi as her next drama

Moon Chae Won went from Princess' Man to Nice Guy to Good Doctor

Now it's IU's turn.  What's interesting is that this will be JGS's third drama in a row with KBS when the last two dramas weren't hits in Korea.  They must have made a killing overseas.

cr fabiolanoir

my post start here

i totally agree with this statement.. its seem KBS always take a good care to who star that make the drama success and this case IU make it very obvious.. just 2 month after her drama end KBS already put her in lead for another drama and this thing don't happen a lot in the same channel.. so netz that been question that why PD love to cast IU until 3 drama being offer to her its mean they see something in IU that can be polish to became a great actress.. netz can complain but in the end the PD who make the decision :)

with one drama she being offer 3 drama and few movie just show how much PD trust her and see her acting talent.. so glad that people recognize her talent in this field :)

Guest violet9004

9jill9 said: Awesome.  I hope to see her gaining more female fans also.  I think females fan bases tend to be more faithful.  By the way, you're right. I could definitely hear more females this time.  It's odd because when IU started off, she had more female fans than males.  Then somewhere along the way that changed and the media started saying samchon's romang ... I was a little taken back because they started edging out her female fan base.  I'm happy to see that women are looking at IU again and becoming her fans.In the radio clip that was posted today, there were woman who called in for IU.  The woman wrote her that she listened to IU's Voicemail and that she can really relate to it and she plays it a lot.  IU was so thankful because to her.   :)

iu93jjang said:

my post start here

i totally agree with this statement.. its seem KBS always take a good care to who star that make the drama success and this case IU make it very obvious.. just 2 month after her drama end KBS already put her in lead for another drama and this thing don't happen a lot in the same channel.. so netz that been question that why PD love to cast IU until 3 drama being offer to her its mean they see something in IU that can be polish to became a great actress.. netz can complain but in the end the PD who make the decision :)

with one drama she being offer 3 drama and few movie just show how much PD trust her and see her acting talent.. so glad that people recognize her talent in this field :)

mumfu said:

@meahri66.......                                                                                                      

akinahana89 said: 9jill9 said: Wow!  That's an awesome way to help someone but that takes some patience!  I can never really grow it that long. I generally get it cut slightly below shoulder length.  I've recently got a really short hair cut and noticed the difference right away.  Less hair on the floor, less time to wash, less hair product :P  Just less everything except how often I have to go to the salon.  Now that we're approaching winter, I'm growing it back out and it's in the awkward stage.  :(

@edensor @9jill9 @shabbychic @mumfu
Thanks guys for supporting me. I'm still feeling a little crazy about going all the way from Thailand to Korea just for concert. This is really not me. Basically, I'm very busy with very tight schedule. What's wrong with me?? Otokke...~~~ Haha. Fortunately, I can manage to get vacation during that time so I decided to travel a little bit in Seoul and the province near by. So excited!
I'm not a very good reporter but I will definitely do my best to report something from there because I really want you guys to feel like you join me to the concert as well. So be patient if it's too boring. keke.
@shabbychic I did contact Squishy for a while because of Korean Music Wave concert in Singapore. So we will meet up there first and meet again in Seoul in the following week. Singaporean IU fans are very nice and mature. I think this is IU fans' character like some of us said once. IU's fans are quite mature and I'm happy to be one of them. :)

9jill9 said: Wow.  It's pretty weird but we seem to have interest in the same charitable organizations.  St. Jude is one of the charities that I donate to.  As for your previous occupation choice, I read somewhere that they have one of the higher depression rates going.  It was kind of sad really how taxing it was on the care provider themselves.
As for IU's hair, it was very pretty.  I'm sure whoever it will go to will love it.  They could probably auction it and receive a good sum of money too. Chincha? No kidding! That is pretty weird, but cool. :) Since I couldn't become an oncologist and work at St. Jude, I made it my goal, instead, to volunteer there one day.

I am sure they would receive a good sum of money for IU's hair, but I feel that the outcome would be different. Anything with money involved tends to give a more selfish feel to it rather than donating something just because you have that kind of heart. Unless the money earned from the auction is given right back to the cause.

Eng said: Oh..wow. This is really cool. I'm really impressed @akinahana89. I work with oncology patients too as I work at Cancer Center in Thailand. Mostly I deal with palliative and end of life patients so it's more like to help them getting the better quality of life. Feeling really good when they feel better and be more active. I had no idea! Wow. It must be hard for you to work in that field, especially when solely dealing with end of life patients. It's a great thing to be doing though, offering comfort when possible in one of the most terrible situations. I'm impressed by you too! :D

akinahana89 said: Eng said: Oh..wow. This is really cool. I'm really impressed @akinahana89. I work with oncology patients too as I work at Cancer Center in Thailand. Mostly I deal with palliative and end of life patients so it's more like to help them getting the better quality of life. Feeling really good when they feel better and be more active.