[THE OFFICIAL] IU 아이유 Thread

akinahana89

I was over at akpop and I was amazed at some of the intelligent comments that I saw like this one
"This controversy is because Koreans don't know a lot of stuff. It's like when Korean netizens were up in arms about Masquerade claiming it was like Dave, but that was entirely because they're ignorant of Western literature and that both works were based on Prince and the Pauper. Both songs sound like swing, so guess what? Both sounds sound like swing OMG. The last bit was funny because the netizen turned up the Nekta song really loud so that it drowned out IU's song and noobs think that it sounds similar. I guess you could argue that the CONCEPT of swing was stolen from Nekta or whoever, without any basis, but it's probably more likely that IU just saw Gatsby or something else and liked the look and sound as something new for Korea"
While I do think he is generalizing too much about Korea, he has a good point
edit:  And this one is also
BUAHAHHAHAHAHA LAWLS DO THESE PPL WANNA GO THERE CUZ WE CAN. THERE ARE A BAGILLION SWING/JAZZY STYLE SONGS FROM THE ACTUAL SWING ERA, WHICH IS NOT 2009, THAT SOUND EXACTLY LIKE THAT. OMG IM DYING OF LAUGHTER RIGHT NOW.(whoops caps was on. oh well). anti-fans might be the 2nd idiotic fan types out there. (#1 are sasaeng fans of course).  

edit:
This is ridiculous. Sure they sound similar, but it's jazz/swing. I listen to A LOT of jazz/swing/big band music and i can't tell you how many have moments where they sound similar or have a similar feel. And as a jazz saxophone player, i can also tell you i've performed many pieces that have had sections that sounded similar or felt the same. Hell,  mu mom is a music professor and has her doctorate and i made her listen to this and even she thinks is richard simmons.

(looks like b.s. got replaced with Richard S)

So I checked most of the articles that came out and there are now a lot more people commenting that this is a non-issue. In fact some of the comments are heckling the naysayers for their ignorance. :D 

I feel like this is going to be over pretty quickly.  Now if only people would stop bringing up the 'supposed' scandal, then we'd be good.  But with all of IU's accomplishments in the last year, that 'scandal' is now losing some of its traction too. I know the haters will always be around though, but then that's life. Can't have the good without the bad, but at least we should all feel good knowing the bad for uri IU is now more miniscule when compared to everything wonderful that has happened to her recently.

meahri66 said:

So I checked most of the articles that came out and there are now a lot more people commenting that this is a non-issue. In fact some of the comments are heckling the naysayers for their ignorance. :D 

I feel like this is going to be over pretty quickly.  Now if only people would stop bringing up the 'supposed' scandal, then we'd be good.  But with all of IU's accomplishments in the last year, that 'scandal' is now losing some of its traction too. I know the haters will always be around though, but then that's life. Can't have the good without the bad, but at least we should all feel good knowing the bad for uri IU is now more miniscule when compared to everything wonderful that has happened to her recently.

9jill9

said:

meahri66

said:

Guest Tran Thuy

Thank you @meahri66 for your update

Hope more good news to come

Wish IU remember that we will always be by herside, always support her!!

Be strong IU!!!!!

airbening said:

w lot people support IU too. I've just posted on YT, and I agree with the top comment on YT from th dreamer "The songs are firstly different, both just have patterns found in any jazz/swing/ blue music. Secondly, why must there always be someone to take the blame? For those putting the blame on the composers, just to let you know that they contributed to IU's success, having written her hit songs like "Good Day" and "You and I". I see people are quick to judge. No one is to be blamed here and I'm sure IU wouldn't want that either. "

Guest violet9004

they have no right at all to hate IU cause she not the one who write or compose the song she just sing that!!!!!!!!
sometimes people are just to ridiculous to even stop and think before hating on people.. IU always need to face all this kind of thing ALONE just because she is talented and well loved by showbiz people so she an easy target also she have an incident that can be brought over and over again with every single thing she do.. i never see an artist that being target over and over again and she still standing strong and smiling all this time and we all think why she so matured its cause she been through a lot since the beginning.. 
its just sometime even i as her fan get so tired with all this thing but seeing how she can still smiling after all this make me feel ashamed with myself cause she just 20 but know how to deal and endure this kind of thing..
i just remember what she told its cause she choose this road so she need to endure it all.. netz should be proud having IU in Kpop cause she so talented and have a charming personalities yet they hate her and try to bring her down.. 
just my rant after reading a lot of stupid comment about this issue and how her image is being burn just because she sang the song.. :(

iu93jjang said: they have no right at all to hate IU cause she not the one who write or compose the song she just sing that!!!!!!!!
sometimes people are just to ridiculous to even stop and think before hating on people.. IU always need to face all this kind of thing ALONE just because she is talented and well loved by showbiz people so she an easy target also she have an incident that can be brought over and over again with every single thing she do.. i never see an artist that being target over and over again and she still standing strong and smiling all this time and we all think why she so matured its cause she been through a lot since the beginning.. 
its just sometime even i as her fan get so tired with all this thing but seeing how she can still smiling after all this make me feel ashamed with myself cause she just 20 but know how to deal and endure this kind of thing..
i just remember what she told its cause she choose this road so she need to endure it all.. netz should be proud having IU in Kpop cause she so talented and have a charming personalities yet they hate her and try to bring her down.. 
just my rant after reading a lot of stupid comment about this issue and how her image is being burn just because she sang the song.. :(

Copy and pasting my post from JoU thread regarding the plagiarism scandal:

It seems like LOEN handled it brilliantly, showing evidence of the two song's different composition as evidence to support the claim that there is no plagiarism involved. To be honest, I am not surprised to find scandals surfacing for IU in regards to MT. She is doing more than just excellent with the new album and there are so many who just want nothing more than to bring her down and will resort to any method that they can to do so - even something as silly as a plagiarism scandal. With that, just a quick proof of evidence is enough to strike down any further discussions about plagiarism.

I am glad there are plenty of IU defenders around and I would gladly defend IU against bashers as well if needed. It's a shame I didn't know about this earlier, but then... I haven't had a chance to go into IU's thread since yesterday.

-----

It's because of IU's popularity. The more popular a celebrity is, the more haters and people with jealousy will want to try and bring them down. With girl and boy groups, the popularity is divided among all the members. Some fans are a fan because of one person in the group in particular and one by one, those fans become a whole and create a girl/boy group fanbase. With IU, she carries the entirety of her fan base on her own shoulder - that brings even more haters, especially when she, as a solo artist, can dethrone other group artists - ones where they have the saesang, crazy, over obsessed fans. IU, by her one presence can overtake the presence of so many in one group.

If you weren't a fan of IU and she continually did better than your bias group in which you become crazy and obsessed over... wouldn't you hate her? LOL. How much haters IU has is just proof of how accomplished, talented, amazing, and brilliant she is. It's both a pro and a con, but it's okay... because we can balance the con by defending her and supporting her.

I think this is my first post in IU thread. I'm not sure. I'm not really a Uaena more like new IU fan (feels like still so far to be call as one as I also like other artist). before this, just a far fan that love MIA, Cruel Fairytale and Story that Only I didnt Know (I like her dark songs :P ) and just saw her as a kpop singer and not really into her since she always have this cutesy image that am not really fond of.well until that 'thing' happen, suddenly, somehow, weirdly feeling came... a wake up call... as like my-sister-need-me kind of feeling... I follow her things like a real jobless person. all days and night. search everything in korean sites from nate pann, daum telzone, bestiz etc etc etc. then, I started to listen to her songs... all her songs from all album... her own composed songs... and her songs always become a heeling songs when I was stressed... her voice... really make me calm... somehow :) I always amazed on how a person like her can just made a person from far away be happy with her music, songs and voice. I guess that's IU.  I watch her shows... her song covers... the Heroes show that I never really finish watching cause it was quite troublesome to search the sub one and I managed to watch all episodes :D that's just how I fall in love with her... REALLY fall in love with her.
then in March she started YTBLSS. her Lee Soon Shin character really fit me at that time (and Lee Soon Shin share the same birth month and year with me too lol :D ) a new graduated person that having a hard time to find job and to settle in the new working world... as she found her part time job, I also found job too lol XD how coincidence. but yeah, my life is not complicated as her life la... XD 
Today, things happen again. at first I really tried to just avoid it. I was trying to search IU's Pretty Man thing at nate and yet, today's accusation that shows... I was mad and not really feeling good about it... even her Music Core performance article top rated comments was about people sharing Nekta's Here Us video instead.. -_-I try to ignore to read other comments (I have this curious feeling that always want to read the comment part) but thankfully I managed to ignore it aside from reading the main top 3 best comments. 
My intention for this posting is just to express how my sad feeling now. I saw some tweets from K-Uaenas in my TL... how most of them just keep everything down... they're mad but they were like let's just keep things down... I felt so touched seeing how they act... things are just getting better... another storm came... :'( :'( ==> this is me now as I writing this down. I never felt attached to Kpop artists before beside for SNSD and now IU :(knowing IU she definitely wont really care much about all the bad comments written by netz but as a fan, I found it's still hurtful for her... this thing come and it just give another reason for people to hate her... Definitely dont have anything to say but Be Strong to her and to all Uaenas... I definitely feel the pain now... I just hope this thing will blow over soon... she's a talented person. a beautiful inside and out. 
Sorry for my long rant on this issue... oh yeah, btw, IU's fave unnie, Yoo Inna want to say something to the people that just plain haters... 

tumblr_m2xg44GIxm1qcjhoio1_500.gif

amiliyana90 said: I think this is my first post in IU thread. I'm not sure. I'm not really a Uaena more like new IU fan (feels like still so far to be call as one as I also like other artist). before this, just a far fan that love MIA, Cruel Fairytale and Story that Only I didnt Know (I like her dark songs :P ) and just saw her as a kpop singer and not really into her since she always have this cutesy image that am not really fond of.well until that 'thing' happen, suddenly, somehow, weirdly feeling came... a wake up call... as like my-sister-need-me kind of feeling... I follow her things like a real jobless person. all days and night. search everything in korean sites from nate pann, daum telzone, bestiz etc etc etc. then, I started to listen to her songs... all her songs from all album... her own composed songs... and her songs always become a heeling songs when I was stressed... her voice... really make me calm... somehow :) I always amazed on how a person like her can just made a person from far away be happy with her music, songs and voice. I guess that's IU.  I watch her shows... her song covers... the Heroes show that I never really finish watching cause it was quite troublesome to search the sub one and I managed to watch all episodes :D that's just how I fall in love with her... REALLY fall in love with her.
then in March she started YTBLSS. her Lee Soon Shin character really fit me at that time (and Lee Soon Shin share the same birth month and year with me too lol :D ) a new graduated person that having a hard time to find job and to settle in the new working world... as she found her part time job, I also found job too lol XD how coincidence. but yeah, my life is not complicated as her life la... XD 
Today, things happen again. at first I really tried to just avoid it. I was trying to search IU's Pretty Man thing at nate and yet, today's accusation that shows... I was mad and not really feeling good about it... even her Music Core performance article top rated comments was about people sharing Nekta's Here Us video instead.. -_-I try to ignore to read other comments (I have this curious feeling that always want to read the comment part) but thankfully I managed to ignore it aside from reading the main top 3 best comments. 
My intention for this posting is just to express how my sad feeling now. I saw some tweets from K-Uaenas in my TL... how most of them just keep everything down... they're mad but they were like let's just keep things down... I felt so touched seeing how they act... things are just getting better... another storm came... :'( :'( ==> this is me now as I writing this down. I never felt attached to Kpop artists before beside for SNSD and now IU :(knowing IU she definitely wont really care much about all the bad comments written by netz but as a fan, I found it's still hurtful for her... this thing come and it just give another reason for people to hate her... Definitely dont have anything to say but Be Strong to her and to all Uaenas... I definitely feel the pain now... I just hope this thing will blow over soon... she's a talented person. a beautiful inside and out. 
Sorry for my long rant on this issue... oh yeah, btw, IU's fave unnie, Yoo Inna want to say something to the people that just plain haters... 

I'm tired...tired of all these people who are always trying to bring her down. As her fan, I feel really bad for her, she has been through a lot. If I was as young as she is, I would have definitely retired and enjoyed my life without having to deal with stupid people who are always complaining but I guess that's why IU is someone that I truly respect. She is still doing what she wants with a smile on her face no matter what people think of her. Hating on her seem to be a way for some knetizens to express how boring and pathetic their lives are. IU doesn't seem to be much affected by the haters but I can't have the same attitude, sorry. So yeah I was in a really bad mood today until I saw all of your nice comments. I just hope that it won't affect the promotions for next week and the drama :(

shabbychic said: I'm tired...tired of all these people who are always trying to bring her down. As her fan, I feel really bad for her, she has been through a lot. If I was as young as she is, I would have definitely retired and enjoyed my life without having to deal with stupid people who are always complaining but I guess that's why IU is someone that I truly respect. She is still doing what she wants with a smile on her face no matter what people think of her. Hating on her seem to be a way for some knetizens to express how boring and pathetic their lives are. IU doesn't seem to be much affected by the haters but I can't have the same attitude, sorry. So yeah I was in a really bad mood today until I saw all of your nice comments. I just hope that it won't affect the promotions for next week and the drama :(

SHINee's Dream Girl has been accused of plagiarism too, and it resolved, and guess what? SHINee win 1st place on Music Bank today.

I hope LOEN really take this "issue" seriously, like the perpetrator who spread rumour about IU.. ppl who spread and accuse about this plagiarism without strong evidence must be punished fairly.

@9jill9, @meahri66, @iu93jjang, @Rose, @Eng, @kimsoyeon18, @HelloLily, @Edensor

@Germanic Does anyone else think IU is overrated?

o·ver·rate /ˌoʊthinsp.pngvərˈreɪt/ Show Spelled [oh-ver-reyt] verb (used with object), o·ver·rat·ed, o·ver·rat·ing.to rate or appraise too highly; overestimate./ˌʌnthinsp.pngdərˈreɪt/ Show Spelled

@Germanic, As you have not expanded upon your question I find this difficult to answer.  I thought I will help you out by giving you some pointers Firstly are you talking about IU the person/individual or IU's music?Secondly are talking about IU the SK idol persona or Lee Ji-eun the person/individual?Thirdly are you talking about IU the Singer or IU the Actress?Fourthly if your question relates to her music are you talking about IU the Singer or IU the Composer? Fifthly if it's none of the above perhaps your talking about IU the all round Entertainer - MC, Host, Variety Show Contestant.?Sixthly perhaps your referring to IU the Radio Guest? Once you are clear as to whom you are referring to when asking this question, then please come back to this thread and we will discuss the question itself firstly looking at the definition ( I have put it up for you ), secondly what you think it means and state your point of view.  I certainly hope you do actually come back here as I look forward to a debate on the appraising of music/singers as being subjective or objective. Annyeong yeoreobon,I woke up this morning and checked out the thread for the latest news on uri IU to run into PLAGIARISM accusations.  I read through the articles and laughed.  Off course Red Shoes will sound similar to many songs of that genre, as at the very basic level in music all genres have chords that define each genre, jazz chords, blues chords, swing chords, country chords, and so on............ Gukjong hajima - don't worry the Haters are grasping at straws, and as you can see the opposite effect has occurred to what they are trying to do with their poison.  The accusation is so ridiculous that many people have rallied around and come out in support of IU.  Actually from what I see they ( Haters ) have shown themselves to be a group of mindless lemmings, following blindly without any rationality, seeking only instant sensationalism, puffing themselves up with indignation, ready to fight the battle and ruin the most undeserving Idol. Their target uri IU.  The most innocent of innocents, the most purest of heart and soul, the most loving and lovable, the most talented of her generation and the most humble of the 'Idol' world, whose star shines the brightest, is their target.  Their objective is to bring that star down. This is why we Uaena's are here at this moment, to flood the world wide web with positive support for IU, every time they attack we must counter, every time they raise their head, we must raise ours higher.  We will spread the L O V E for uri IU, that is our mission. We wont grovel in the mud where they reside, we will drown out their squeals with positivity.  It breaks my heart ( I know it does yours as well ) to see such groundless drivel, I hear the hurt and frustration from yeoreobon when these things occur and I am thankful for this thread to rid myself of the same emotions and pain, but we must rise above this and show a unity and strength by being proactive and support uri IU.  Kumawoyo for getting out their and FIGHTING the war, for a war it is, as I'm sure those Haters are planning their next move.                                                                                                                                 In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing                                                                 the worst thing you can do is nothing,                                                                 then you will know the true value of your moments.                     U A E N A 'S        F I G H T I N G!                                           IU F I G H T I N G!   tumblr_mva9jqemUP1qz9daco2_500.jpg