[drama 2009] Tamra, The Island - 탐나는 도다

Guest kangki

Guest bumcibogyo

Congratulation, i m sure he will be great actor in the future, with great roles and great acting, with many prizes. By the way, if someone could translate the text bellow the picture, that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ilovelola

I will be buying this as well but I don't think I can wait until it goes on sale. Already the links from viikii to youtube for the broadcasted Tamra episodes have been disabled and I can't get my daily Park Kyu fix anymore :(

Guest andloveyelledno

I've put that DVD on my wish list. I want it...badly!!

Just wanted to share my MV for those who are missing this drama as much as I am. I liked BJ with both guys (Although her and PK are my OTP :P ) so I devoted screen time to both pairings

I've put that DVD on my wish list. I want it...badly!!

Just wanted to share my MV for those who are missing this drama as much as I am. I liked BJ with both guys (Although her and PK are my OTP :P ) so I devoted screen time to both pairings

Am seriously loving this MV!!!!

Congratulation, i m sure he will be great actor in the future, with great roles and great acting, with many prizes. By the way, if someone could translate the text bellow the picture, that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Here's the translation.

[NewsEn Choi Woo-chang]

The 17th Korea Cultural Entertainment Awards ceremony was held on Nov 30 afternoon at Seoul Yeoido 63 City International Convention Hall.

Lim Juhwan is posing at the photo wall.

*List of Winners

*Adult pop: Hyun Chul, Seol Woon-do, Park Sang-cheol, Park Hyun-bin, Hyun Sook, Jang Yun-jeong, Wink

*Pop: FT Island, Norajo, Tei, Buhwal, Girls Generation, Tmax, Hwangbo, B2Y, F(x)

*Actors for TV dramas: Song Seung-heon, Kim Nam-ju, Yoon Sang-hyeon, Yoo Seon, Lim Juhwan, Cho Seung-joon, Yoo Hana, Cho Jeong-seon, Jin Hyeok

*TV & Radio: Johnny Yoon, Cho Young-koo, Kang Seok, Kim Hye-young

*Comedians: Kim Byung-man, Jung Juri, Heo Kyung-hwan, Han Min-kwan, Oh Na-mi

*Films: Seol Kyung-gu, Su Ae, Jin Gu, Chu Ja-hyun, Kim Nam-kil, Park Bo-young, Kim Yong-hwa

*Musical: Nam Kyung-ju, Choi Jung-won, Lee Jeong-mi

*Foreign Entertainer: Tung Geo Eol, Seolsanlangma Group, Ju Ja Am (China), Permanent Fish, Danakarena (Japan)

A little article about him winning the award.

Please take out with full credits if taking out. TY :D

Im Juhwan, Awarded the newcomer award at the 2009 Republic of Korea Cultural Entertainment Awards

2009.12.01 13:19

Actor Im Juhwan was awarded the best newcomer award at the 17th 2009 Republic of Korea Cultural Entertainment Awards show that was held in the afternoon at Yeouido’s 63City National Convention Hall in Seoul on the 30th.

In January 2009, Im Juhwan captured viewers’ interest through the KBS drama,
Boys Over Flowers
. This past September, he generated much affection through his un-novice like, solid acting as the lead character Park Gyu in the already ended MBC weekend drama,
Tamra, The Island

Im Juhwan revealed, “To be honest, I cannot describe how it feels to receive a once in a lifetime best newcomer award. It’s overwhelming. As an actor I feel that I am lacking much, but I want to thank all the viewers and the fans from the bottom of my heart for their generous words of praise and encouragement.”

He then pledged, “As a starting actor, I will diligently work with the attitude that I have to further myself each and every day. I want to be become an actor who is seen always putting in effort, growing every day.”

On the one hand, recently, Im Juhwan is gaining more popularity not only within the country but also in Japan and China. He is garnering attention for being the next possible hallyu star, following in the footsteps of the original hallyu stars like Bae Youngjun and Lee Byeongheon.

Wu Hyeyeong Reporter at woo@tvreport.co.kr

Photo = Yedang Entertainment

Translation Credits:

Translation: atel @ soompi

plus the original photo from Yedang Entertainment that's in the link.

imj001.th.jpg

Guest charis89

A little article about him winning the award.

Thanks for the translation, atel. :D

He won best new actor. Based on Tamra Island? Oo. I really hope to see more of his future piece!!

Super happy for his achievement.

On the sidetrack, has the series finish broadcast in Japan? They are showing the extended version or 16 ep? hmmm If it's the full version, I have to find some ways to watch the missing episodes. :D

Guest ilovelola

What happens in Jeju stays in Jeju

Hi all, I am new here but have been enjoying everyone's comments for a while now.

Just read a wonderful article on Im Joo Hwan on one of my fav sites, Dramabeans:

http://www.dramabeans.com/2009/12/im-joo-h...-watch-in-2010/

Joo Hwan's comments on his relationship (or lack thereof) with Seo Woo caught my attention. He said they are just good friends. At one point, Seo Woo apparently joked about losing endorsements and marriage prospects because of the rumor. Or was she really joking? It is not uncommon in the Korean entertainment industry for celebrities to be discouraged, even prohibited to date when they are debuting, or up and coming or just really poular.

In an article published when the dating rumors first broke, their agencies lamented the fact that more attention were focused on Joo Hwan and Seo Woo's presumed relationship than on their budding careers.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2009/08/tamna-ca...-dating-rumors/

Having said all that, it is also very probable that if you spend over one whole year pretending to be in love with someone, as they did while filming Tamra, you could end up actually doing so. Didn't Joo Hwan also say that he was so into the character of Park Kyu that he felt the emotions?

I challenge any hot blooded single, available (heck, married ones too) females to spend time faking romance with Joo Hwan for a year and not fall in love with him. If that didn't happen to Seo Woo then I must say that she is not a mere woman like the rest of us.

So, I concluded that if the rumors were in fact true (not to say they were) our beloved stars may have had to make some real hard choices and sacrifices for the sake of their careers (not to say that they did).

Well, since they both took on the stance of being very good friends, we will leave it at that and whatever happened on Jeju will forever remain there.

p.s. Joo Hwan also personally thanked the director, Seo Woo and Chang Bin. So sweet.

On the sidetrack, has the series finish broadcast in Japan? They are showing the extended version or 16 ep? hmmm If it's the full version, I have to find some ways to watch the missing episodes. :D

As far as I know what they aired in Japan is the same 16 ep version previously aired in Korea.

Personally, I loved this drama. And, we have all talked about the low viewership ratings when it was televised in Korea. So, it's interesting that in Dramabean's end of the year poll of favorite 2009 dramas, the percentage voting for "Tamra Island" is about equal to the ratings that were in Korea. :huh:

I wonder if "YB" has overshadowed our "Tamra Island" because it is the most recent super-popular idol drama. :huh:

Super-popular or not, it is still a wonderfully entertaining drama. And, I can hardly wait for the DVD's to be released, in April. :D

Personally, I loved this drama. And, we have all talked about the low viewership ratings when it was televised in Korea. So, it's interesting that in Dramabean's end of the year poll of favorite 2009 dramas, the percentage voting for "Tamra Island" is about equal to the ratings that were in Korea. :huh:

I wonder if "YB" has overshadowed our "Tamra Island" because it is the most recent super-popular idol drama. :huh:

Super-popular or not, it is still a wonderfully entertaining drama. And, I can hardly wait for the DVD's to be released, in April. :D

I think the political run around of Tamra would bore people and also the foreigner is a big turn off. (Let's just be honest here.) I love it but I also see that it's not a solid title. It needs quite a bit editing. (I wouldn't mind taking out the French dude completely. *cough*)

I said this on JB and I'll say this again. YB isn't my cup of tea. (I tried but I just couldn't look at the main guy for too long. I think the eye liner killed me a little inside every time. It didn't help that he wasn't very hot to begin with.) Sure I enjoyed coffee prince a bit (because I do like the gal) but it's not something I want to collect. I'm really tired of gal pretending to be guys theme and people are actually dumb enough not to see it through. (roll eyes) It is really frustrating. I mean it could have been a beautiful love story of two hot guys. ~sigh~ you know, they just can't handle the truth.

What I think is that had JB continued her recap of Tamra, more people who regularly visit dramabeans would've watched it and thus voted for Tamra. The fact that soft-subs were not available didn't help much and I think Tamra videos have been down at vikkii for a while, so basically it's been difficult for people to even be able to watch it even if they wanted to.. AND it was shortened which probably killed many people's interest. Tamra suffered too many obstacles... IT IS JUST SO SAD..

@ Masaya, I enjoyed watching YB.. I guess until when it started dragging and became boring... but in my mind Tamra is just so much better. I don't understand why so many people don't even want to try Tamra.

@ Masaya, I enjoyed watching YB.. I guess until when it started dragging and became boring... but in my mind Tamra is just so much better. I don't understand why so many people don't even want to try Tamra.

I asked 3 to try it and when they drag their feet I was like never mind. As for YA, I can't help but irk at the girl pretending guy theme drama. It's all good and fun before the discovery but afterward it lost its appeal to me. The only one that I watched almost to the end was Coffee Prince. I can only watch dramas if I can stand watching the people in it. ^_^

I feel like I'm attracted to unpopular actors and unpopular dramas. I watched about 1 1/2 dramas this year, Tamra and QSD (in which I abandoned after I got into Tamra and after realizing what a silly historical drama QSD is.) I tried to watch IJH in Snow Queen but I really don't like the main dude (so it's quite painful to skim through all that.) IJH is also in single dad in love but his role is really small.

Guest jjsweeter0211

I'm new to this thread . I really want to watch this drama with eng sub but it seems like all the online stream are broken and no team is willing to sub it :( :(. Is it any chance i could watch this drama without buying DVD?

This drama seems a lot of funs . I dont understand why no subbing team choose this project >.<

Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I asked 3 to try it and when they drag their feet I was like never mind. As for YA, I can't help but irk at the girl pretending guy theme drama. It's all good and fun before the discovery but afterward it lost its appeal to me. The only one that I watched almost to the end was Coffee Prince. I can only watch dramas if I can stand watching the people in it. ^_^

I feel like I'm attracted to unpopular actors and unpopular dramas. I watched about 1 1/2 dramas this year, Tamra and QSD (in which I abandoned after I got into Tamra and after realizing what a silly historical drama QSD is.) I tried to watch IJH in Snow Queen but I really don't like the main dude (so it's quite painful to skim through all that.) IJH is also in single dad in love but his role is really small.

I'm pretty picky and you're even pickier :D I loved coffee prince up to ep 12 and it became blah after that.. they should've ended it there and kept it short hehe.

2008 and 2009 were not good years for me as far as the dramas go.. I've tried couple of episodes of quite a few dramas this year but That fool, City Hall, and YB are probably the one ones I watched from the beginning till the end other than Tamra and they were just okay.. I was following QSD until thirty something episodes and lost interest cuz I got sick of their draggy storyline. I started Smile You from ep 17 and it's pretty fun so far.. but I don't think I'll go back and start from the beginning.

Actors are really important to me also when choosing which drama to watch. There are a few actors whose dramas I'll watch no matter what. Next I look at the script. Have you tried Painter of the Wind? I know you don't like a girl pretending a guy thing but it's worth a try. To me it was the best drama of 2008.. ending's a little disappointing but I loved the acting, directing and its music.. the script was pretty good too. I only watched the IJH portions of Snow Queen and it was still boring. No way I'll ever watch the whole thing. HB is okay and there was a scene where I was really impressed with his outburst of emotion, but SYR was annoying and I found the story extremely boring.

I'm new to this thread . I really want to watch this drama with eng sub but it seems like all the online stream are broken and no team is willing to sub it :( :(. Is it any chance i could watch this drama without buying DVD?

This drama seems a lot of funs . I dont understand why no subbing team choose this project >.<

Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome! And I know.. right? I don't know why none of the subbing teams took on this wonderful drama either. I'm wondering.. since Vikkii team's already subbed it.. it would be nice if they released softsub versions of their subs.

Welcome! And I know.. right? I don't know why none of the subbing teams took on this wonderful drama either. I'm wondering.. since Vikkii team's already subbed it.. it would be nice if they released softsub versions of their subs.

Sorry to cut your post. I am missing Tamra/Park Kyu so much and waiting anxiously for the whole full 20 or 21eps DVD to be out. Picperfect, if am not mistaken, you sub ep6 all by yourself, right? I would dearly love to have viikii subs from ep7 to ep16 but not by ripping/stealing from them.

Masaya, please do Tamra fans a favor and keep us posted on how and where to purchase, okay? Thanks in advance.

Sorry to cut your post. I am missing Tamra/Park Kyu so much and waiting anxiously for the whole full 20 or 21eps DVD to be out. Picperfect, if am not mistaken, you sub ep6 all by yourself, right? I would dearly love to have viikii subs from ep7 to ep16 but not by ripping/stealing from them.

Of course. Did I come off as encouraging ripping/stealing of their subs? Or is anyone trying to steal their subs? I'm a little confused.

Of course. Did I come off as encouraging ripping/stealing of their subs? Or is anyone trying to steal their subs? I'm a little confused.

Oh no, sorry, please don't be mistaken. Thanks again for your very hard work on ep6 sub. I treasure it. Sometimes, when the drama is so hot eg. Boys over flowers, someone will rip it from viikii, post it and someone will resnyc it and the BOF fans including me (guilty and embarrassed) who can't wait, will take it before subs from WithS2 becomes available.

So much as I hope to get viikii subs, I want to get it by the 'correct' way. Some viikii subs for certain dramas are available at aja-aja. I hope that they will share their Tamra subs at aja-aja too. I am just too afraid to make a request there.

Hope this clears your confusion. :-)

I'm pretty picky and you're even pickier :D I loved coffee prince up to ep 12 and it became blah after that.. they should've ended it there and kept it short hehe.

2008 and 2009 were not good years for me as far as the dramas go.. I've tried couple of episodes of quite a few dramas this year but That fool, City Hall, and YB are probably the one ones I watched from the beginning till the end other than Tamra and they were just okay.. I was following QSD until thirty something episodes and lost interest cuz I got sick of their draggy storyline. I started Smile You from ep 17 and it's pretty fun so far.. but I don't think I'll go back and start from the beginning.

Actors are really important to me also when choosing which drama to watch. There are a few actors whose dramas I'll watch no matter what. Next I look at the script. Have you tried Painter of the Wind? I know you don't like a girl pretending a guy thing but it's worth a try. To me it was the best drama of 2008.. ending's a little disappointing but I loved the acting, directing and its music.. the script was pretty good too. I only watched the IJH portions of Snow Queen and it was still boring. No way I'll ever watch the whole thing. HB is okay and there was a scene where I was really impressed with his outburst of emotion, but SYR was annoying and I found the story extremely boring.

I almost got into Everyone Cha Cha Cha (because I was curious about Park Yong Woo's gf in there. :lol: ) but realize it's too damn long for me. I was weeping after finding how long it is.

Painter of the wind. I do like Park Shin Yang but I don't like the gal and I think they look awkward together so I didn't watch. :lol:

The thing about me is that if the actor pairs up with the gal that I can stand I will stick out until the end. Say if Im Joo Hwan pairs up with an actress I don't like, I won't watch it. It would kill me a little inside each time I look at them. :lol:

Masaya, please do Tamra fans a favor and keep us posted on how and where to purchase, okay? Thanks in advance.

I've been checking. No soap. They said some time in December but I haven't seen anything yet. I know I will grab both versions for quality comparison. :D

Vikii subs are speed subs. They're not quality subs. Just wait for the Eng subs DVDs my dear. :)

Archived