[Drama 2012] Fashion King 패션왕

Admin

I love how we are finally seeing some depth in Anna's character. She definitely loves JH and will not hesitate to pull out all the stops to be with him but she knows that he can't do the same for her. He keeps saying that he'll protect her like it's a job and that is what's hurting her, the feeling that he might want to protect her for old times' sake and not because he loves her.

I think JH is a hypocrite. If he was gonna run after Anna like how he did when she came to visit his apartment when he was sick, he shouldn't have been toying with the idea of GY. The guys(both him and YG) have no loyalty whatsoever towards their girls and while I can still forgive YG because technically he and GY is still nothing, I can't forgive JH because dude, you can't have your cake and eat it as well.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Starlitelet

I love how we are finally seeing some depth in Anna's character. She definitely loves JH and will not hesitate to pull out all the stops to be with him but she knows that he can't do the same for her. He keeps saying that he'll protect her like it's a job and that is what's hurting her, the feeling that he might want to protect her for old times' sake and not because he loves her.

I think JH is a hypocrite. If he was gonna run after Anna like how he did when she came to visit his apartment when he was sick, he shouldn't have been toying with the idea of GY. The guys(both him and YG) have no loyalty whatsoever towards their girls and while I can still forgive YG because technically he and GY is still nothing, I can't forgive JH because dude, you can't have your cake and eat it as well.

Hi fanatic ^^!

I disagree about Jae Hyuk being the ultimate jerk. You're right that he has no rights to go after Ga Young and leave Anna behind. Though, it's partially her fault for not contributing in rekindling their broken relationship. Both of them are rebuilding/rekindling their "supposedly" relationship by giving it a half-a** effort.

If you're calling Jae Hyuk a hypocrite, then so is Anna. What does she expect from Jae Hyuk if she's not even assertive in her feelings/love for him? I don't think she earnestly loves him at the moment. Perhaps, once upon a time, but not right now. It seems like she's power hungry, and her appetite is not gonna be fully satiated until she possessively makes Jae Hyuk hers. That is not the way to go. At least, Jae Hyuk doesn't have some underlying reason as to why he's attracted to Ga Young or to Anna (once). You also have to keep in mind that Anna is semi-indirectly influencing/manipulating Jae Hyuk into lying. She doesn't even help him when he's in need of help, and she let's him suffer from the blow after Young Gul told them that he has already registered Ga Young's designs. I know that Jae Hyuk treats her wrongly, especially as a boyfriend, but if you ask me, this is like a stall mate situation. If I have to weigh out who's the bigger jerk, I'd say Anna. She would do anything to get rid of people, and she hasn't even done her worst yet. Jealousy isn't her best excuse either. She doesn't even seem slightly reluctant even after or while shamefully giving the idea of suing the actual designer (Ga Young)! She was the one who implanted the idea into Jae Hyuk's mind. She even gave him a little nudge after he went to her place drunk. Now, that is not noble. She just stooped so low. On the other hand,  Jae Hyuk never meant to harm Young Gul directly even though he hates his guts. I find he has a kinder heart than Anna, and it seems like Anna might have plagued his minds over the years with her negativity. Yes, Jae Hyuk is a weak man, but at least he's not as heartless as Anna. I honestly don't think they belong together. They're both digging at each others' pain and misery.

However, I don't think Jae Hyuk is toying with Ga Young.  He has rather grown really attracted to her because maybe she reminds him of how Anna used to be (like DJG typed ...perhaps Anna started out like Ga Young) or he admires her because she's everything BUT Anna. Perhaps, he even likes her for real. You can see the sincerity in him unlike how Young Gul treats Anna. As sad as it sounds, if things don't patch up soon with him and Anna, they're going to grow apart, and he'll just be thinking more about Ga Young. I think they have a hard road ahead of their relationship because Anna is so plagued at this point that she has revealed bits of her bad side to almost everyone. Also, once Jae Hyuk finds out that she's conniving and plotting, he'll dislike her even further. If Jae Hyuk has matured over the years, hopefully, he'll mend her broken heart and soul. Anyway, I don't think her character has developed for the better, but rather regressed in terms of stability.

I think the reason why Jae Hyuk isn't letting go of Anna, but instead going back to her is for 1) he needs her by his side because he feels like she's the only one who truly will stick by his side no matter what 2) he feels guilty for what happened in the past or 3) he doesn't have the guts to end it with her yet because whenever he sees her face, it brings him back to the past? I understand he's a jerk for not being able to figure out his feelings, but Anna is not helping either. I sense that she will start to like Young Gul once he becomes successful. To me, she's just a leech. I have yet to see any redeemable qualities in her. I mean would she have returned to Jae Hyuk if she wasn't having a hard time at Michael's?

Right now, I can't feel Jaek Hyuk nor Anna's love for each other. They're just staying with each other for their own benefits.

Guest VilaVilli

Wow, well said, Starlitelet. :) I have nothing more to add... or maybe only one thing. At this point I think among the 4 leads Anna is the 'weakest link'. I can't see any significant development in her character, she is still nothing more than the typical second female  lead. The  actress playing Anna doesn't help too. She is rather stiff and has only 1-2 facial  expressions.

But if I put this little complaint aside, I really enjoy the story.

Guest Starlitelet

I agree both JH n Anna has no more love for each other, Anna holding on to JH as hes rich not sure why JH is keeping her maybe till he gets Gy? He's definitely attracted by Gy jus like YG to Anna

Hi beberos1000 ^^!

I think Anna and Jae Hyuk's love is still somewhere hidden all the way underneath, but it's without a doubt fading. They don't seem to care (yet). They're too focused on attaining their goal. They'll probably realize it when it's too late or something chaotic hits them.  I think Jae Hyuk is still keeping her by his side because he feels like he needs to "repay" his debt to her.

And I don't think Jae Hyuk is attracted to Ga Young in the way Young Gul was originally attracted to Anna. Jae Hyuk likes Ga Young because of her genuine personality and persistence in terms of wanting to advance ahead from her natural talent. Like, he feels comfortable/safe next to her. On the other hand, Young Gul liked an image/facade of Anna. The side that he once liked/envy/admire was more like a reflection of pitiness/guilt for Ga Young. He also admired how Anna seemed so talented to be able to work for Michael. He didn't know she was a richard simmons. Yeah, and he probably liked her because she's beautiful/hot - hehe. Men... tsk tsk tsk.

Basically, Jae Hyuk likes Ga Young not because of her appearance (even though, she's utterly gorgeous), but rather for her effort and loyalty. What I'm trying to say is that Jae Hyuk likes Ga Young for her true self (she's has nothing to hide), but Young Gul (and perhaps Jae Hyuk too) likes an illusion of Anna. I don't know if anyone actually knows she's an actual richard simmons. 

Also, Young Gul has learned his lesson about Anna. Though, He has yet to explore the other side of hers fully. 

Wow, well said, Starlitelet. :) I have nothing more to add... or maybe only one thing. At this point I think among the 4 leads Anna is the 'weakest link'. I can't see any significant development in her character, she is still nothing more than the typical second female  lead. The  actress playing Anna doesn't help too. She is rather stiff and has only 1-2 facial  expressions.

But if I put this little complaint aside, I really enjoy the story.

Greetings VilaVilli ^^!

Awww thank you wub.gif.

I agree that Anna is the weakest link in terms of acting and character wise. Though, I give Yuri props for this kind of role, since it's her first role. She's doing a pretty great job IMO. Her character is sort of flat/dull, so I'm kind of lenient on her 1-2 facial expressions. I hope her character, Anna, gets out of that hell-hole soon though. Honestly, I'm kind of getting tired or b*tchy supporting female roles - haha. They're always jealous!

By the way, I find the way Yuri walks is very stiff, especially the scene where she walked away from Jae Hyuk's mother after she gave her a bag with food inside. Is it just me? Like, I feel like she's very stern looking while walking. She kinda walks like a model in some ways. Maybe she's uncomfortable?

Hi starlitelet, thanks for the analysis which I totally agree. Jus to add a point though in reality all men are attracted to a woman first by their looks (appearance) then follow by other things. Man are visual creature but there's nothing rite or wrong it it's just by nature that they are so. Hahaha

Guest mitchyap0497
:wub: Hello to Everyone OL! Is there no preview still for Episode 9? Can somebody please post a link, Thank you very much!

Guest mumudav

^

^

THANK YOU!!!

Awww~ I'm loving the preview <3 <3 <3

Keke Jae Hyuk just can't leave Ga Young alone~^*^

Can't wait for the episode <3

Guest Starlitelet

Thank you for the preview, couch_tomato ^^!

Keke Jae Hyuk just can't leave Ga Young alone~^*^

Can't wait for the episode <3

Hi mumudav ^^!

Same here! I can't contain my excitement - haha. I'm so glad that Jae Hyuk and Ga Young's relationship didn't/hasn't crumbled.

-----------------------------------------------------------

In the meantime, I found some noteworthy NGs

;).

NG kissing scenes

I just finished watching episode 8 and I'm so confused on which ship to sail. lee ga young has this sizzling chemistry with jung jae hyuk but equally good chemistry with young gul. Did you see the behind the scene of the kiss between jjh and lgy? they are such a cutie patootie. weirdly, i have this partiality for ga young and jae hyuk to hook up just because.  

Guest Starlitelet

I  just finished watching episode 8 and I'm so confused on which ship to  sail. lee ga young has this sizzling chemistry with jung jae hyuk but  equally good chemistry with young gul. Did you see the behind the scene  of the kiss between jjh and lgy? they are such a cutie patootie.  weirdly, i have this partiality for ga young and jae hyuk to hook up  just because.  

Hi kepogee ^^!

I just shared the NG above ^^. It made me laugh so hard - haha. Lee Je  Hoon (Jae Hyuk) seems like a very shy dude in real-life with his  innocent smile and semi-head-scratching moments.

Don't worry! I have exactly the same sentiment as you in terms of which  pair to ship for. And like you, I feel like the need for Ga Young and  Jae Hyuk to hook up. I don't know if it's me wanting to see something  out of the norm from most of the Korean dramas that I have watched or  it's just that I like to see jealous men on-screen - haha. Maybe, also  because it's more unlikely for Ga Young and Jae Hyuk to get together in  this case, yet I want them to fight against that code/barrier. Anyway,  can the scriptwriters make them hook up at least once, please? :wub:  I know that the writers will make her go with Young Gul for sure (if  not the endgame, then surely in the middle till near the end).

I think these writers are toying with our feelings for each dude, just  like he/she did for What Happened in Bali. I never knew who Ha Ji Won's  character truly loved until the very end. In fact, I always thought she  loved So Ji Sub's character who was the poor guy. At the moment, Fashion  King feels very much like this. I like how the scriptwriters are  keeping the tension, while making us guess throughout... despite the  outcome might be very predictable - haha. Anyhow... Ga Young is one of  the few female protagonists where I don't get annoyed with because she's not  pulling back-and-forth between two guys. She's just going with the  flow, while admiring/loving/caring for Young Gul, and it's pretty clear that she doesn't like Jae Hyuk more than a friend at the moment.

Guest PBaddict

Whoa wow wow and WOW... It's almost time for the epi and I'm exploding with excitement... :D :w00t: Looks like the couples are still provoking the green eyed monster in each other... OH my...  Thank you for the preview couch_tomato. ;)

Spoilers

Gayoung kissed YG and he was so surprised,but he didn't reject it either !So adorable how they both played it off.

JH's dad finds out about jH's company problems and is pissed off.JH sends his secretary to look for GaYoung,but she refuses to meet up with him.

Guest Starlitelet

Spoilers

Gayoung kissed YG and he was so surprised,but he didn't reject it either !So adorable how they both played it off.

JH's dad finds out about jH's company problems and is pissed off.

WHAAAAAAAAA? :w00t: I'm even more excited now... like I want to see their reactions rather than the scene itself (somewhat - hehe).

Is it currently airing/streaming right now?

By the way, hi gorres ^^;!

yes streaming now starlitelet hehe ! :lol: i apologize readers if the spoilers don't make sense,its in a chronological order but I'm' not catching up on every scene here.

You'll have to watch it yourself to construe the scene!they played that emo song during the kiss.

gayoung and youngul head to the US.He holds her hand ,thanking her and she cries!aw

drunk Jh leaves a drunk voicemail message on GY's phone...and heads to the US too.weird.

YG introduces GY to Michaesomehow someway he finds his way into the same hotel GY and YG are at.GY opens the door and is surprised to see him,but eventually invites him in

YG was planning to return the necklace to GY but then immediately puts the pendant back into his pocket when JH walks out of GY's room.Angst.

l

Archived