[Drama 2012] Fashion King 패션왕

Admin

Guest scrump92

I just starting watch this drama (mostly from the middle because I got bored in the first episode, but things seem to be heating up quickly now) and I looked it up to find out that the screenwriter from "What Happened in Bali" is the same writer for this drama! I actually did get a similar feel from both dramas....Gah, I just hope it doesn't end up like "What Happened in Bali" because that would just...suck.... (even tho I did like WHiB, I felt super cheated at the end). For people who watched What happened in Bali you'll know what I'm talking about. 2 poor leads 2 rich leads, 2 poor leads stick together and kinda like each other// rich guy and rich girl both like the poorer leads => leads to tragedy etc. Actually Jo In Sung's character is sooo similar to JH (super spoiled and angry like all the time). 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Starlitelet

I just starting watch this drama (mostly from the middle because I got bored in the first episode, but things seem to be heating up quickly now) and I looked it up to find out that the screenwriter from "What Happened in Bali" is the same writer for this drama! I actually did get a similar feel from both dramas....Gah, I just hope it doesn't end up like "What Happened in Bali" because that would just...suck.... (even tho I did like WHiB, I felt super cheated at the end). For people who watched What happened in Bali you'll know what I'm talking about. 2 poor leads 2 rich leads, 2 poor leads stick together and kinda like each other// rich guy and rich girl both like the poorer leads => leads to tragedy etc. Actually Jo In Sung's character is sooo similar to JH (super spoiled and angry like all the time). 

Hi scrump92 ^^!

I didn't know it was the same writer as What Happened in Bali. Hmm... interesting. I remember that I didn't know how Ha Ji Won liked till the very end. I like that kind of unpredictability. It adds more suspense in the love mess - haha. 

I don't think the writers will give them a tragic ending. That'd be kind of stupid, no? I mean is he/she gonna kill off our characters? At this point, I don't see anyone dying at all. Also, it's a happier drama than What Happened in Bali. This one is sort of comedic too. What Happened in Bali was like dead serious with a semi goofy character being Jo In Sung (where has he been?!?!). It's true that Jae Hyuk resembles Jo In Sung's character in some ways.

Back to Fashion King... yes, I thought the first two episodes felt slightly fake, especially when Young Gul was on the boat. I mean the sea looked tremendously out of place and it was so obviously fake. To tell you the truth, it bothered me and regressed my liking for the drama. Fortunately, the drama gets better. It caught my full attention after episode 7 and 8. I hope it will continue uphill!!

Anyway, I'm still surprised that it's the same scriptwriter because they're really different in tone.

---------------------------------------------------------

I have garnered some of my favorite Fashion King MVs from youtube. Enjoy!

For Jae Hyuk/Ga Young shippers

Fashion King MV: Just So You Know

Even though I don't like Anna, I thought these MVs were really well made ^^.

For Jae Hyuk/Anna shippers

choi anna & jung jaehyuk - you & i (fashion king)

anna & jaehyuk - you found me

For Young Gul/Ga Young shippers

Fashion King ● we're ten thousand miles apart...

Girls’ Generation′s Yuri Gives Fan a Memorable Autograph

2012-04-12 10:18 l CJ E&M enewsWorld Lee, KyungNam

Translation Credit : Ju Ahn Lee

Girls’ Generation’s Yuri was humiliated when a Fashion King fan’s autograph request was oddly missing her name.

On April 11, a picture titled ‘Yuri’s autograph humiliation’ was uploaded on an online community website. The picture was of a note from a fan asking for the autographs of the lead actors in Fashion King. Although her own name was missing in the requested autographs, Yuri’s witty response on behalf of the Fashion King leads attracted the attention of viewers.

11765777.jpg

The fan - worried that he/she might get in trouble using his/her real name - used the alias ‘Yoong Ji’ and asked for the autographs of the lead actors from SBS’ Fashion King, Lee Je Hoon, Yoo Ah In and Shin Se Kyung. Saying ‘I’ll be back on Monday,’ the fan must have left the note in the waiting room or on the set of Fashion King.

However, Yuri was the one who discovered the note and even though her name was the only one missing from the requested autograph, Yuri replied, “Hi, I’m Kwon Yuri. Why [is my name] missing? My autograph is useful too, you know.. Hehe, I’ll give you my autograph on behalf of the others.” She then left her autograph and added, “Next time don’t sneak in! And if you’re going to do it anyway, ask for my autograph.”

Netizens who saw the pictures left their comments saying, “Yuri is so cute,” “I bet this fan became a Kwon Yuri fan as soon as he/she got the note,” and “I’ve never seen this kind of autograph before.”

Meanwhile, Yuri plays the role of Anna – a fashion designer who appears perfect on the outside but carries a painful past - in Fashion King.

Photo credit: Hea Jung Min, Online Community

source: enewsworld

Thought this was soo funny :lol: Love Yuri :wub:

Guest altinneen

Is Lee Ga Young the cutest thing ever? The scene in episode 6 where she's angrily putting that face cream on herself is one of the most adorable things ever. I love her angry cute expression. She's awesome as a character. Poor girl

Guest altinneen

Still on episode 7 but man Jung Jae Hyuk comes across as a...well actually he is a b**** in this episode. How the eff could he proclaim his love for Choi An-na and say ok let's get married and in a few scenes go make out with Lee Ga Young. Two timing son of a b****. At least An-na's character is clear that her end goal is Jung Jae Hyuk. But that bastard has no loyalty. He already abandoned An-na once in his life and now he's doing it again? How's this forgivable to make out with somone else when he's already in a relationship? It's not acceptable. He's a bast&&&. End of story

Was also quite disappointed Lee Ga Young let Jung Jae Hyuk take her so easily....especially after knowing he's in a relationship and after havin a crush on someone else. I don't think it's right for ppl in relationships to pursue others without first ending their prior relationship nor do I think it is right to pursue someone in a relationship. That was pretty f'd up.

Still on episode 7, Kang Young Gul has no real right to get mad at Lee Ga Young for kissing Jung Jae Hyuk after the way he's been treating her and trying to get with Choi Anna

Guest altinneen

At episode 8. Aw man. Jung Jae Hyuk so deserved to get burned like that given how he two timed Choi Anna. Unfortunately she's gonna get hurt too.

Guest altinneen

Again Kang Young Gul has no right to get mad at Jang Jae Hyuk when he's the one that got Lee Ga Young tangled up in this mess and decided to up end his contract. 

Guest mumudav

I was worried too when I read on wiki that the writer is the same as for What Happened in Bali.

The mood of this drama is very different from WHIB and although we have the same character characteristics (rich guy and girl and poor guy and girl) we have them in more than half of all kdramas:)))

I don't think we will have death end but we have to be prepared for emotional and pairing rollercosters and pairing and love lines confusions:))))

Guest belwes

Hello everyone,

Think this is my first time posting because this drama is so good abut i am so confused about  the dinner scene in episode 8 and wondered if anyone could clarify it for me. Are Jae Hyuk and Young Gul working together now??? Like was the dinner scene just Jae Hyuk dissing Kang Young Gul and saying I'm only investing because of Ga Young. Or was is it just Jae Hyuk trolling Kang Young Gul by calling him out to dinner and saying all that stuff. 

Would love it if someone could explain it to me. So confuseeedd.

kamsahamnida

Guest Starlitelet

Hello everyone,

Think this is my first time posting because this drama is so good abut i am so confused about  the dinner scene in episode 8 and wondered if anyone could clarify it for me. Are Jae Hyuk and Young Gul working together now??? Like was the dinner scene just Jae Hyuk dissing Kang Young Gul and saying I'm only investing because of Ga Young. Or was is it just Jae Hyuk trolling Kang Young Gul by calling him out to dinner and saying all that stuff. 

Would love it if someone could explain it to me. So confuseeedd.

kamsahamnida

Welcome belwes ^^!

If I understood that scene clearly, Jae Hyuk called Young Gul and Ga Young just to insult and embarrass Young Gul about how low he stooped, and how he's hindering Ga Young from succeeding in her career. It's like a slap in the face for "hobbo" Young Gul. So no, they're not working together. I guess from your option, it's the latter half. He just wanted to diss Young Gul in front of Ga Young's face and reveal Young Gul's true color to Ga Young. However, Jae Hyuk was pissed off to  see that Ga Young was siding with Young Gul despite how Young Gul had done wrong to her many times. Jae Hyuk thought that he'd glorify his night by giving Young Gul some crap, but low and behold... Ga Young rises and defends Young Gul by just stating the simple truth. It's like everyone knows that it's Ga Young's design, so why is Jae Hyuk being so shameful in wanting to sue her?

Mr.Hyuk is a jealous man, I tell you. Oh yes, and Jae Hyuk didn't expect Ga Young to embarrass him in front of everyone... especially when he has helped Ga Young many times.

Hope that made it somewhat clear :sweatingbullets:.

@Starlitele..

thanx for the above post......it seems like u are my saving grace while watching this show. When ever m confused with something most of the times its ur posts/replies to someone else clearing my doubts.

and this show is just amazing.....even when I was so damn angry with myself after first 2 epi m on a happy side that its improving little by little and just hoping by the end we will be satisfied with the ending.

Hvant watched epi7 and 8 with subs.....hope i can too write something good abt the epis.

Guest belwes

Welcome belwes ^^!

If I understood that scene clearly, Jae Hyuk called Young Gul and Ga Young just to insult and embarrass Young Gul about how low he stooped, and how he's hindering Ga Young from succeeding in her career. It's like a slap in the face for "hobbo" Young Gul. So no, they're not working together. I guess from your option, it's the latter half. He just wanted to diss Young Gul in front of Ga Young's face and reveal Young Gul's true color to Ga Young. However, Jae Hyuk was pissed off to  see that Ga Young was siding with Young Gul despite how Young Gul had done wrong to her many times. Jae Hyuk thought that he'd glorify his night by giving Young Gul some crap, but low and behold... Ga Young rises and defends Young Gul by just stating the simple truth. It's like everyone knows that it's Ga Young's design, so why is Jae Hyuk being so shameful in wanting to sue her?

Mr.Hyuk is a jealous man, I tell you. Oh yes, and Jae Hyuk didn't expect Ga Young to embarrass him in front of everyone... especially when he has helped Ga Young many times.

Hope that made it somewhat clear :sweatingbullets:.

Thanks so much Starlitelet!!!

That did help me clear up that scene. Was thinking about it the whole day and re-watching it didn't help me to understand it, lol. 

And yes, I must agree Mr Hyuk is one jealous man. 

Guest cyndiloves

Hi guys. does anyone of you know where i can download this drama with lower file size??? but the quality is still good? or hardsub vids??

huhuhuhu. i really want to watch this, but i cant watch it online because my internet speed is not that great and i want to have my own copy so that whenever im offline i can still watch it. please dont give links that leads me to adfly, because someone said to me that they steal subs of other groups to make money..

Guest Starlitelet

@Starlitele..

thanx for the above post......it seems like u are my saving grace while watching this show. When ever m confused with something most of the times its ur posts/replies to someone else clearing my doubts.

and this show is just amazing.....even when I was so damn angry with myself after first 2 epi m on a happy side that its improving little by little and just hoping by the end we will be satisfied with the ending.

Hvant watched epi7 and 8 with subs.....hope i can too write something good abt the epis.

Hi sadhli ^^!

I'm glad I helped :sweatingbullets:. Yeah, the first few episodes were kinda rocky, but still enjoyable. However, my expectation rose due to this week's episodes. I hope they're able to continue developing the plot in the current direction that they're heading into. It'll be a total bummer/waste if they disregard a nice beginning to a somewhat anticipated story now that they've established the tension between these characters' dynamics already. I just hope they don't make it into a repetitive tug of war.

Thanks so much Starlitelet!!!

That did help me clear up that scene. Was thinking about it the whole day and re-watching it didn't help me to understand it, lol. 

And yes, I must agree Mr Hyuk is one jealous man. 

Hi belwes ^^!

My pleasure in answering you.

By the way, I love how Jae Hyuk looks/stares at Ga Young. His eyes are full of emotions... whether jealousy/love/hate - haha.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are some reasons why I'm currently enjoying Fashion King tremendously...

[Don't read if you have not caught up till episode 8. I don't know if these are considered spoilers, but just to be safe - haha.]

1) Even though the story and the characters in itself are really surreal/unrealistic, they somehow make the characters' reactions believable and understandable. Yeah, sure most of them are bipolar, but it's a human characteristic too, no? ^^

2)  I'm in love with Young Gul and Jae Hyuk's bickering and witty lines. I can see them budding off and developing a bromance (accidentally) in the future... all for Ga Young's sake, perhaps - haha?

3) I have mentioned this before, but it won't hurt to repeat ^^. I love Ga Young. She doesn't try to change the man that she loves/likes unlike so many other Korean drama girls. Instead she likes him for who he is including/despite his flaws. When I typed that I'm glad she's not like other K-drama girls, I meant that she doesn't act preachy nor does she try to change him  into a better person. Instead, I sense that he'll change into a better person because he sees that she cares for him, and not because he starts to like how she's the only girl who is able to teach him a lesson worth learning (or that no other girl has done so before). Those type of stories are too redundant now. Ga Young and Young Gul's story is a much more realistic approach. I mean in real life, I assume that guys hate it when girls try to change them. Also, I love Ga Young because she's the only person that sees the light / benevolent part within/of Young Gul when everyone else (including most of us viewers) see him as a bastard/jerk. I just feel more connected to her on that level. Don't know why, honestly.

4) I also love how Ga Young doesn't confuse viewers who she truly likes. I admit that I was swaying from one guy to another initially, but it was not because of her. It was more like I wanted her to go with both/either men because I love both of them for different reasons. However, she even bluntly admitted who she truly likes/cares for when she was drunk. Also, it's quite obvious that she has always liked Young Gul more than a friend/brother. So I really admire her honesty in terms of feelings.

5) This drama keeps me entertained and guessing. I have so many questions/assumptions/predictions going around in my head at the moment. It's not predictable, yet somehow I feel like the outcome will be predictable. The middle ride feels like a rollercoaster at the moment if you know what I mean ^^.

Guest VilaVilli

Hi guys. does anyone of you know where i can download this drama with lower file size??? but the quality is still good? or hardsub vids??

huhuhuhu. i really want to watch this, but i cant watch it online because my internet speed is not that great and i want to have my own copy so that whenever im offline i can still watch it. please dont give links that leads me to adfly, because someone said to me that they steal subs of other groups to make money..

Hi :) You can download ~350 MB sized files from here.

i just listened to seohyun's ost for FK. i must say tht im sooo in love with it already. cant wait to listen to it in the drama. with all the craziness, i hope there will be plenty of scenes which will be suitable for the song. :)

ps: i ♥ the song where jh holds gy's hand scene too. but unfortunately it hasn't been revealed yet. :(

Archived