[Drama 2012] Fashion King 패션왕

Admin

Guest CrossMyHeartandHopetoDie

So far, I like Fashion King. Yay! As a fan of Yoo Ah In, I really wanted to like this drama. I was feeling apprehensive at first since the last time I tried to watch a Korean drama centered around fashion, I was bored out of my mind. I think that Young Gul is probably going to be the love interest for Ga Young, but I wouldn't mind it if Jae Hyuk ended up being her love interest. It's the first time I've watched actors and actresses like Lee Je Hoon and Shin Se Kyung and I'm pleased by their performances. I'm surprised by the amount of foreigners in a Korean drama. I wonder if the majority of the drama takes place in New York. Anyways, I hope they find better extras and I hope that we get to see more of the inner-workings of the fashion industry. I'm feeling nervous about Love Rain. Ah, I hope the ratings don't decrease at the very least.

edit: Wouldn't she have to confirm that she got into the fashion school before she went and left Korea to go to America? :/ And if there was some replies that contradicted each other, wouldn't the school say something? Like why are you telling us no, you don't want to go to our school and then yes, I do want to go to your school?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like Fashion King!!! I got hooked right away with the first episode! Yoo Ah In is a very good actor and he's so handsome! I'm sensing some triangle love...or square love...or whatever it is already lol. They all have past connection too!

Guest dalin

Tory Burch and Vincent D’Elia share their thoughts on working with ‘Fashion King’ cast

20120323_fashionking_toryburch_vinlent_1.jpg20120323_fashionking_toryburch_vinlent_3.jpg

Fashion designer Tory Burch and musical actor Vincent D’Elia recently made cameo appearances in SBS‘s new drama, ‘Fashion King‘. The pair took the time to share their thoughts on working directly with Korean stars.

Aside from a one time appearance on the popular American drama, ‘Gossip Girl‘, Tory Burch is known for staying out of excessive spotlight. Surprisingly enough, she’s already made two cameos in ‘Fashion King’ alone, though. She appeared twice as the dean of a fashion design school Shin Se Kyung‘s character attends.

Vinlent D’Elia, who’s known for his playing in popular broadway musicals like ‘Grease‘ and ‘The Little Mermaid’, was right by her side as designer ‘Michael’.

The two expressed, “It was a unique experience. We both had a lot of fun. It was good to be able to connect with the Korean actors through the level of passion they have for their work and art. Upon first impression, the actors seemed like they were reserved and quiet, but after working with them directly for a few days, the ‘big stars of Korea’ are so humble and respectful that you can’t help but feel close to them.”

When asked about the drama, they said, “We weren’t able to read the entire script, but it’s a lot of fun because it shows the fierce competition behind the fashion world, which looks glamorous only on the outside.”

Cr: VitalSign @ AKP

Guest dalin

Just finished watching ep 3. OMG I laughed so much b/c of Yoo Ah In. His scenes with those 2 awful American actresses in the scene where he sat in between them on the couch was funny and then his scene with Yuri where she thought he was gay..hilarious. LOL at Vincent D'Elia's character trying to pronounce YAI's character's name. Lolz I love all the Engrish in here. For a newbie I think Yuri is doing a pretty good job.

Guest jordi

Full Ratings

AGB Nielsen Korea

3rd episode:

Nationwide: 9,2% (+0,3%)

Seoul: 10,5% (+1,0%)

TNS Media Korea

3rd episode:

Nationwide: 12,3% (+0,8%)

Seoul: 14,8% (+1,3%)

Light & Shadow leads - ratings AGB: 20,6% (Nationwide) / 23,4% (Seoul)

Love Rain - ratings AGB: 5,8% (Nationwide) / 6,6% (Seoul)

The drama keeps getting better. The story line is now becoming stabilized.

The secondary main guy looks like Henry and Kim Soo Hyun to me O__o

haha and Yuri's acting is getting better but it's so weird seeing her so serious compared to her actual self hahha.

I don't want to see the next episode though after seeing the preview :/

I hate when bad stuff happens to the main characters.

Guest PBaddict

Oh, I cannot wait for this in tomorrow episode! *quoted image* FINALLY! Both Jung-ah and her mom need smacked. *heehee* 

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

Thanks for the stills. :) And yes the mother needs to be slapped even harder later on. Ga Young Rulez... I already feel so sad for her. Because of the 2 male characters' fight she will probably be deported or expelled or both. :S What is she gonna do now? And how on earth will she ever forgive these 2 men? Also the 2nd lead's kiss scene has a weird timing, maybe Anna got into trouble with her boss over Young Gul (maybe.?) and has nowhere to turn to, cause so far she didn't seems like one to give in to her ex's request... Can't wait t see where this goes.

I'm glad to see that at least there are a few of us enjoying this drama, after episode 4 I guess it's back to Korea. I was surprised that GY didn't recognize her mothers necklace around YG's neck. Once back all the misunderstandings about YG will be cleared up, though it would have been better if that happened in NY and that GY could finish her education and the both could return home with some minor success and great connections.

I see there are a lot of NY, I understand your complaint about the fashion school building, but I think this would be something that only a NYer  would know. I think when site locations are chosen they look at whats available for filming and is it a believable site.   The exception would be historical buildings that are known around the world.

I hate to say this about the chicken truck, but I also live in a large city in the US but a few years ago I had to go into a neighborhood I was unfamiliar with and in this area they had a store that had live chickens. I had to ask who would buy them, and was told that people from rural area's who are use to fresh eggs and chickens bought them. I couldn't imagine in an urban city bringing a live chicken home killing it plucking the feathers before cooking it. All this is to say when I saw the chicken truck I could relate and found it hilarious. 

Man, Yong Gul irked me when he was lying when he brought Anna over.

That Jung Ah girl pisses me off like crazy too -.- I just wanna sock her in the face and kick her to the curb. OH! And I was wondering why this chick looked so familiar to me...she was in the YouTube version of Playful Kiss! The girl who played Hyun Joong's first kiss! Didn't like her there either lol

Archived