[Drama 2010] Personal Taste 개인의 취향

Guest Grecia

Guest webby

at the end of ep4 GI asks him to make her a woman right, and i thought it was a makeover to become prettier, but i read some viikii comments that it means doing you know what so she'll be a real woman and not a girl anymore!? is that wat CR was talking about that In Hee was able to give him and she wasnt...!? if this is the case i think GI didnt mean it that way but do u guys think JH thought of it like that? it would be funny if he did thats pretty dirty hehee..

oh and is it just me or do u guys see the bad directing/editing where in one view of a scene the character is in one position and in another view of the same scene they're in very different positions? ive noticed that alot for this drama and it's kinda bothering me lol...

i have to agree with you about that last line that GI uttered. it could have meant both ways. Of course we all know she means a makeover. As for jinho, i kinda think he knew what she meant, but was also appalled that she'll say that to a man when it could have meant the other way. She thinks he's a homosexual, so she definitely wasn't thinking of the latter, but he is not one himself, so it may be a bit frustrating for him. lol.. I like how jinho's protective instincts towards gaein is revealed no matter how reluctant he might be to be involved with her. I guess given how he grew up, losing his father, striving to succeed all this life and possibly also protecting his mother, it's ingrained in him to be so. So when in walks gaein into his life, being the most ridiculous woman he's ever seen who keeps subjecting herself to emotional harm, he just couldn't help feeling a little worried about her, even though he tries hard not to. But truth is, he's using her for the art museum project and that's where it becomes tricky. I'm so ready for a makeover. i know it probably won't come too soon, but hopefully in the near future.

- I'm bringing the article below here from LMH's thread since it has to do with the fashion style of Jeon jinho in Personal Taste.

[잇 스타일] 이민호, 꽃이 피다

[it style] Lee Min ho -- the flower is blooming

45312344.jpg

[스포츠동아] [sports donga]

□ 이민호의 취향 ‘개취룩’ 인기

□ Lee Min Ho's Personal Taste-look's popularity

‘꽃남’에서 시크한 매력남으로 돌아온 이민호. 컴백작 MBC 드라마 ‘개인의 취향’에서 건축 사무소 소장 전진호 역을 맡고 ‘댄디 가이’ 이미지로 여성 시청자들을 유혹하고 있다.

Lee Minho, the charismatic character in "Boys Over Flowers" has returned. His comeback drama is MBC's Personal Taste where he plays jeon jinho, an architect who owns an architectural firm and displays a 'dandy guy' image which is attracting a lot of attention from female viewers.

극 중 동성애자로 오해받는 캐릭터를 돋보이게 하는 것은 그의 스타일이다. 귀엽고 깔끔한 스타일로 여성들에게 어필할 뿐만 아니라 딱딱한 이미지의 비즈니스룩을 자유롭고 가볍게 연출해 남성 사이에서도 ‘이민호 패션 따라잡기’가 인기다.

His style is such that he is mistaken to be a homosexual in the drama. It's not a cute and sleek look that's usually favored by female viewers, instead it is a simple and liberating 'business-look' that even male viewers can't help but want to follow the fashion sense.

이민호의 드라마 패션을 담당하는 스타일리스트 정혜선 실장은 “누구에게나 어울리고 기본만 지켜도 잘 차려입은 듯한 느낌을 주고 싶었다”며 “봄에 어울리는 파스텔 색상을 주로 선택했고, 장식이 많이 없고 평범하면서도 슬림한 수트가 포인트”라고 설명했다.

Stylist Jung Hyesun is the one in charge of Lee Minho's fashion in the drama. She's going for a style where it will easily fit anyone and doesn't need too much time attending to. She also chose pastel colors in line with spring, and hardly used any accessories. She explains that the main point is the 'slim suit-look'.

이민호가 ‘꽃남’과 이번 드라마에서 입고 나오는 옷은 전체의 90%% 가량이 자체 제작이다. 정 실장은 “키도 크고 마른 편인데다 드라마 캐릭터를 살리기 위해서는 협찬 의상으로는 부족하다. 이민호가 모델인 의류업체에서 지원하는 2000만원∼3000만원의 의상비로 모두 만들고 있다”고 밝혔다.

About 90% of the clothes that Lee Minho wore both for "Boys over flowers" and "personal taste" are custom made. His stylist said that there are not enough sponsored clothes suitable for the role he's playing that fit him well because he's tall and slim. Roughly 20 to 30 million won (USD 20 - 30 thousand <-- did i get it right?) has been set aside to manufacture the clothes for him.

○ 엣지수트…몸에 딱 맞게 허리라인 강조

○ Edgy suit ... it has to fit the body well and emphasize the waistline

이민호의 비지니스룩에 남자들도 관심을 가지기 시작했다. 고급스럽고 화려한 수트가 아닌 심플하면서 몸에 딱 맞는 수트는 최고 인기를 얻고 있다. 재킷 안에 얇은 티셔츠와 카디건을 입어 평범한 수트에서 벗어나 부드러우면서 엣지를 살렸다. 특별 제작 의상으로 가격 책정 불가.

Many guys are starting to become interested in Lee Min ho's business-look. Instead of looking sophisticated and dazzling, the simple well-fitted suit has garnered a lot of interest. A thin T-shirt and cardigan can be worn inside the jacket. When the jacket is removed, it creates a gentle yet edgy look.

TIP…좀 더 센스 있는 스타일을 연출하고 싶으면 패턴이 있는 카디건이나 스카프로 포인트를 준다.

TIP... If one wishes to enhance the look, a patterned cardigan or a scarf would complete it.

○ 9부팬츠…복사뼈 ‘살짝’ 드러내는 센스

○ Ankle length pants....gives off a 'soft' image

남자가 9부 팬츠라…. 처음엔 반대도 많았다. 여성스럽지 않을가 하는 우려였다. 사실 드라마 첫 회가 방송됐을 때 그의 의상을 본 시청자들 중 ‘뜨아’하며 놀라는 사람이 적지 않았다. 하지만 이민호는 긴 다리로 소화하기 쉽지 않은 의상을 감각적으로 표현했다. 9부 팬츠는 활동적이면서도 도회적인 직업에 걸맞는 옷으로 캐주얼 정장의 지루함을 덜어줬다. 다양한 스타일과 믹스가 쉽고, 신세대 감각을 느낄 수 있는 핫 트렌드다. 특별 제작 의상으로 가격 책정 불가.

Guys tend to resist wearing ankle length pants at first glance since they are worried that it would appear feminine. Actually, when the drama aired its first episode, quite a lot of viewers were shocked when they saw minho's fashion in the drama. However, Lee min ho's long legs brought about a different sensation to the unfamiliar fashion style. The ankle length pants is more comfortable for moving around, matches a city-job feel, without the weariness of a semi-formal attire. It's easy to mix and match with different styles, creating a hot trend for the new generation.

○ 스니커즈…양말은 NO!

○ Sneakers... No to socks!

이민호는 수트를 입어도 묵직한 남성 구두를 신지 않는다. 9부 바지에 잘 어울리는 로퍼와 스니커즈를 신는다. 스니커즈에는 양말을 절대 신지않는 것이 포인트. 사눅 5만원대.

Although lee min ho's wearing suits he's not wearing leather shoes. He's going for loafers and sneakers that matches well with the ankle length pants. The point is to not wear socks when wearing sneakers. The sanuk brand costs 50 thousand won (USD$50).

이정연 기자 annjoy@donga.com

+ Here's another article dealing with the new look which they label as 'dandy+sexy'.

http://news.nate.com/view/20100410n02679

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i have to agree with you about that last line that GI uttered. it could have meant both ways. Of course we all know she means a makeover. As for jinho, i kinda think he knew what she meant, but was also appalled that she'll say that to a man when it could have meant the other way. She thinks he's a homosexual, so she definitely wasn't thinking of the latter, but he is not one himself, so it may be a bit frustrating for him. lol.. I like how jinho's protective instincts towards gaein is revealed no matter how reluctant he might be to be involved with her. I guess given how he grew up, losing his father, striving to succeed all this life and possibly also protecting his mother, it's ingrained in him to be so. So when in walks gaein into his life, being the most ridiculous woman he's ever seen who keeps subjecting herself to emotional harm, he just couldn't help feeling a little worried about her, even though he tries hard not to. But truth is, he's using her for the art museum project and that's where it becomes tricky. I'm so ready for a makeover. i know it probably won't come too soon, but hopefully in the near future.

I agree with you as well. GI thinks all this time that JH is a homosexual so as per my understanding she expects JH to help her to "look" like a woman...JH being a "real" man that he is...initially got surprised and thought of it at a different meaning :rolleyes:

I am looking forward as to how JI transforms into someone who's initial intention with GI is to be a big help to him winning that project into the JH who will eventually be concern of GI...I would really want to see that sincere look in his eyes already...because now it just is about the project...as to when this will happen..i guess the spoilers will be a big help :D

considering that it's already revealed in ep6 that they will kiss ;) but i am already curious what will transform JI into liking GI...will it be after GI's transformation or he's already falling for her unnoticeably :lol:

i am liking GI's character as the episodes progresses...i really want to see her make-over and make In Hee regret the more all the bad things she said about her looks...and that its her fault why CR left her for InHee. This kind of character "GI" is a kind that draws me into the story...and someone dashing and so handsome JI will fall for her... :D

just finished watching ep3 with eng sub...i soo like the part when JI respond to the mocking remark of Pres Han - CR's father..so professional...and i also love his statement "Chances are something people have to make for themselves"

ooohh..and that scene in the hospital where their workers were confined due to an accident...JH's assistant mentioned about the Philippines :D ....i hope that ringed a bell on JH and come here! :lol:

Guest charmeeg

Annyong everyone! I started watching Personal Taste yesterday and i got hooked! I finished episodes 1-4 in one engrossed sitting;-) I really like this drama and i hope they will make the plot even more interesting as episodes come. Though the plot is a bit slow, the actors play their characters so well especially the two main leads. Lee Minho is so good as Jinho that you will forget his Junpyo character in BOF and Son Yejin is just brilliant as Gaein, one would forget that she really is so beautiful and not a dorky kind of girl. I can say that I'm addicted to this series! I also like their OST especially the lively song of Younha- Can't believe it, it really captures the over-all theme of the drama. I hope in the next episodes we'll see how Jinho would be the dream guy Gaein is hoping for because she really needs it. :D

Guest ktruong

I am not a fan of guys wearing ankle length pants at all. I was kind of disappointed at LHM's fashion in PT at first and I am afraid he might be the only guy sporting these pants and still look easy on the eyes. This drama is getting better. I am officially hooked on PT. I was out last night and all I wanted to do was rush home and watch ep 3 and ep 4 LOL

PT's signatures

syj2.gifpt3.gifpt1.gifpt.gifpig1.gifpig.gifgay1.gifsyj2-1.gifsyj.gifpt4-1.gifpt4.gif

cr kst

Thumb up to Webby for keeping us up to date with PT's news.

Guest saintpolar

at the end of ep4 GI asks him to make her a woman right, and i thought it was a makeover to become prettier, but i read some viikii comments that it means doing you know what so she'll be a real woman and not a girl anymore!? is that wat CR was talking about that In Hee was able to give him and she wasnt...!? if this is the case i think GI didnt mean it that way but do u guys think JH thought of it like that? it would be funny if he did thats pretty dirty hehee..

GaeIn literally says: "Will you make me into a woman?"

So it could be interpreted as both ways. I'm sure it differs by each person, but that line was meant to imply both meanings.

We also see Jinho's shocked (?) expression as he turns to look at her when she says that.

In the previews, we hear JinHo saying "Do you know what it means when a woman asks a man to make her into a woman?" LOL IMO I'm sure he knew what she was referring to though, and he was probably trying to teach her not to talk so reckelessly... or I could be wrong ;)

edit: and HAHAH I was just rewatching the previews, and in the last scene, GaeIn looks at JinHo in a mischevious/loving(?) way and says "Don't you remember yesterday?" AHAHAHAH I wonder what that means lmfao.

I've just watched SYJ's last movie "white night". I always love her acting and so started to watch that drama. and when comparing that drama and the movie, u can see what a real actress is.

2 different character with the same face, even sometimes u forget they're are the same actress. love her!

Guest webby

PT related news:

http://news.nate.com/view/20100409n14510

To summarize: The first 4 episodes of PT mainly dealt with the personal problems of the characters, but starting on episode 5 onwards, it will mainly focus on jinho and gaein's relationship.

I guess that's what we have all been waiting for :) Looking forward to next week.

I know some here have mentioned about the abrupt editing. I also noticed it esp in the first 2 episodes. It's somewhat better now. PT's rival drama Cinderella sister is really well-edited such that the story flows smoothly. I also noticed they use a lot of background music. PT is somehow a bit lacking in these aspects. But in epi 4 of PT, i noticed they are starting to use more background music, hope it gets better with each episode.

Hi!

Just wanted to join in with all your discussions :) Like everyone else, I'm really liking how the plot and characters are developing and episode 5 is surely gonna show a lot of changes since GI is now motivated to better herself and it is obvious JH is developing a liking for her ;)

On a side note, did anyone notice that majority of the cuts shown on the preview are from the morning after ep 4's ending? So I'm really thinking they may not be showing a LOT of what is actually going to happen on the next ep (hint: transformation??). Haha, just a thought :)

Thanks everyone for all the shares! PT fighting^^

hi everyone :wave: ... after watching epi 4 eng subbed at viikii, i just had to "unlurk" myself LOLz...omg! i am definitely loving this drama...LMH! squeeeeeeee! :lol: is it even legal to be that hawt?! :lol:

...the plot may be cliche and all, but it's the characters and acting that's getting me hooked, big thumbs up!!! ... lemme just rant a little: i feel sad whenever i read bad comments about SYJ as GI, (her acting as annoying, she looks old, blah-blah) indeed, to each his own...SYJ is a great actress, i normally detest cutesy roles, but here at PT, imo, SYJ is nailing the part of GI...i find her naivete soo endearing...she's kind hearted but by no means a push-over, she's messy but cute, and she's hilarious!!...but when she cries, oh gawd! cant help but cry with her!...SYJ's acting really brought GI to life!...ok, *end of rant* ;)

...and of course, i couldnt praise LMH more!...so, i wont, coz i might be writing a novel here :lol:...as for chemistry, after epi 4, i am definitely seeing it now!...sooo excited for GI's makeover, bring it on!!! :D

...i have been back reading and i saw some posts fr my fellow smilers here, wweeee!...as for me, im happy that PT is helping me move on from my SY withdrawal (gawd, i miss that drama!)... @namedx as JH's assistant said: BRAVO! ;) couldnt agree wd u more, my sentiments exactly

...thank u all for the pics, links, summaries, translations and all the other PT goodies!...im enjoying this thread a lot! PT FIGHTING!!!

Guest krezzi

weby...thnks for the article.

I really loved the way minho dressed in PT..it got style hheheh! Initially I'm a bit confuse why his pant is short and why he din't wear any stocking....now I know...it's the trend hahhahahaha!

I like the background music in the drama because it can create the mood of the audience. That is why I love BOF and I can really feel Gu junpyo anguish and suffering.

I hope in PT...they will put a lot of background musics....from 2AM pleaseeee hehhehe!~

thanks for that article webby. fashion is definitely essential to this drama, i believe. the cute, dorky clothes work well with SYJ and the metrosexual look suits LMH. (i've seen many guys donning that pants-style, esp from the music industry. only two guys, IMHO, can pull that off and one of them is Minho. the other one well... he's on my onesoul siggie. *winks*)

anyhoo, i'm surprised the outfits were custom-made for LMH. but yeah, he's quite tall and slim so I can understand the problem in finding a suitable fit.

---

I've finally seen eps 3-4. defitely a lot better and wackier; the plot is developing nicely. yeah, there are moments when the editing in between scenes make you go "huh?" or there are awkward angles... but i dont mind actually. i'll leave those to the drama critics and bloggers. I just want to be entertained, and I'm getting that from the drama.

I think my biasedness towards SYJ and LMH are getting bigger so I shouldn't keep drooling on them. heh. but, I think I wanna commend the writing of Inhee. she's really the villain you love to hate, stab, slap, kick, curse at and whatever ugly things you can imagine - but she's essential to the story. she's quite important that I dont mind seeing her on screen, no matter how much i want to slap her everytime she opens her mouth. I do wonder if she'll realize quickly that Jinho is indeed hetero. i'm willing to bet my monopoly money that if she does find out, she'll keep that herself. psh, she gonna steal him from GaeIn. grrr

Guest miniejungle

webby, thanks for the article! :)

i thought he was wearing moccasins with ankle-length pants... not sneakers. it still gives the semi - formal look without the socks but not as casual as sneakers.

20k for his wardrobe??? >.< woah that's a lot!!! :) i thought the style here are actually simple yet sleek and elegant, yet edgy. how could this look be so expensive????? amazing. i think Gaein's wardrobe won't cost a quarter of it, heheh... see how she dresses... :P

now can anyone tell me what bag did Inhee and Hyemi carried? curious and love the color! ta!

Guest lilyellowflower

Hi I am wondering if anyone know where I can find the 450p han torrent download link for episode 4?

I ran through the pages and is unable to find it.

Thanks^^

Guest webby

i thought he was wearing moccasins with ankle-length pants... not sneakers. it still gives the semi - formal look without the socks but not as casual as sneakers.

i went back to check on that word 로퍼, and it means loafers. i think that was what he was wearing (moccasin look-alike). and you're right, i haven't sported him wearing sneakers yet, may be later?

I too want to commend Inhee's character. She's much hated but i think the actress did a real good job at portraying her. I'm starting to love her bickering scenes with Chang Ryul becoz i'm starting to see the comedic effect there. aren't they just squabbling like a bunch of kids? And she probably does have some goodness in her. When hyemi and her were walking up that stairs and hyemi slipped, she did extend a hand to help hyemi out though hyemi was eyeing daggers at her seconds earlier.

052jm.jpg

cr. DC MH

some pretty fan-made wallies available here:

http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=taste...page=1&bbs=

Guest moniec

mmmm

just finished ep4

really unexpectedly funny and yet has an emotional side to it (not too much though ,just enough to tug at your heart without imposing on u like a bad date)

2i9mvd4.jpg

the personalities were unwrapping ,the story is gett'n interesting(hope it continues to do so) ;);)

it's just one thing I’m not getting…. at the very end of the episode when she goes out to meet _what's his name _he says something, about her not giving in and being a step apart.

here, word-for-word (from viikii.net)

Bastard:"because in hee gave me everything ,you were always to me... astep apart"

gae in,shocked:"what?!!"

bastard:"you're always sharing all your life ,you seem unable to trust me"

my thoughts at the moment:WTF??

is she supposed to be a complete doormat for him to love her?? is she to be totally pathetic (more than she already is) for him to be satisfied?? Simply says jump and she does it blindfolded??

i mean don't women have enough problems from male chauvinists in this lifetime, to even put his lame excuses into consideration, let alone dwell on them?

A step apart ,my foot ***snorting in disgust**

jtm3dj.jpg

after that the utter madness continues ,get this:

gea in:"when did i? i don't understand" at that point neither do i

bastard:" we are not just boy and a girl, we are not adolescents meeting ,alright? "

gea in looks shattered ,and bastard continues :" i always treated u as an adult male ,but u always saw me as an innocent girl!"

and she say as if understandment and wisdom suddenly downs :"so that's why we broke up?"

did u get much sense of what's been said??

i was pulling my hair in frustration, the woman showed spirit at the beginning. it's not likely she cried because of the “a step apart “business and gets the whole idea when he says "we are not adolescents!"

i feel like I’m lost in translation and there's a missing piece

was the translation so literal they missed the concept of the whole scenario ?? u tell me

ps: I hooted with laughter when Jin hoo said : “a woman asking a man to make a her into a woman, do u know what it means ?” hehehe

another ps : I especially liked the scene when gea in hugs Jin ho tightly and says :” jin hoo you are really the present mom sent from heaven!”

that was my undoing!

11rtcso.jpg

Hands down PT is one hell of a drama, can’t wait for the next ep

^__^

Guest krezzi

Bastard:"because in hee gave me everything ,you were always to me... astep apart"

gae in,shocked:"what?!!"

bastard:"you're always sharing all your life ,you seem unable to trust me"

my thoughts at the moment:WTF??

is she supposed to be a complete doormat for him to love her?? is she to be totally pathetic (more than she already is) for him to be satisfied?? Simply says jump and she does it blindfolded??

i mean don't women have enough problems from male chauvinists in this lifetime, to even put his lame excuses into consideration, let alone dwell on them?

A step apart ,my foot ***snorting in disgust**

after that the utter madness continues ,get this:

gea in:"when did i? i don't understand" at that point neither do i

bastard:" we are not just boy and a girl, we are not adolescents meeting ,alright? "

gea in looks shattered ,and bastard continues :" i always treated u as an adult male ,but u always saw me as an innocent girl!"

and she say as if understandment and wisdom suddenly downs :"so that's why we broke up?"

did u get much sense of what's been said??

i was pulling my hair in frustration, the woman showed spirit at the beginning. it's not likely she cried because of the “a step apart “business and gets the whole idea when he says "we are not adolescents!"

i feel like I’m lost in translation and there's a missing piece

I really don't understand what these mean?

Really loss...

What does that bastard mean???

Please help me...huhuhuh

Guest yelieu

when GI made JH the rice porridge since he had an upset stomach and they had shared the spoon, what kind of kiss did GI said they just had?

Guest blissfulwishes

when GI made JH the rice porridge since he had an upset stomach and they had shared the spoon, what kind of kiss did GI said they just had?

Haha she called it a "간접 키스", or an indirect kiss - since their mouths both touched the spoon, they technically, kinda sorta kissed. :)

edit

moniec, is that really what it said word for word on Viikii? Viikii slows down my computer like none other, so I never really use it, but from what I've heard, the translations there are pretty accurate almost 100% of the time. Hold up - let me go watch it again.

Okay I see. The translations are all technically correct - they're just really literal, when that's not what the scene is trying to convey. Basically, CR is saying that they broke up because he felt as if she wasn't able to give him her "all" (and some people say this is referring to sex, but the drama leaves it somewhat open to interpretation). I think the whole "I treated you like an adult male, but you treated me like a little girl" thing is what's confusing, but really, he's just trying to say that she didn't take their relationship "seriously", acting as if they were two teenagers dating instead of two adults, while he, on the other hand, did. I don't doubt that GI came off seeming like a teenager (unintentionally) to CR, especially since he was her first love. And we also have to remember that CR's drunk in this scene - so all of what he's saying might not make perfect sense.

Oh and then GI crying - at the beginning, she's trying really hard to put on a strong front, but it's pretty obvious that she's not going to hold through. I don't think it's as much what CR tells her as the fact that his rejection and betrayal with IH still hurts, since he was her first love (which she rants about to JH over soju as she tries to explain why she went out to meet CR). I don't know if that answers your question - does that help somewhat?

The "let's-make-GI-into-a-woman" project better be a makeover - I'm ready to see Son YeJin back to being beautiful again!

Does anyone else just want CR and IH to get back together? I really hated their characters at the beginning and I still do somewhat, but I think that they would still be a nice couple - after all, we know that GI and JH are a match made in heaven. :) So if IH can't get JH, she might as well have CR! :D Haha maybe that's being too kind...

I really don't understand what these mean?

Really loss...

What does that bastard mean???

Please help me...huhuhuh

my interpretation is that the reason CR gave GI and JH gave that shock look when GI told him to make her a woman is the same......... to the guys, to turn someone into a woman means errrr........ they must sleep together & do you know what lah????? :blush: :blush: that's the only reason i can think of..... for a woman, they may not think that way.... :P:P

she said something like they have indirectly 'kissed' because JH ate from the same spoon that she eats from..her saliva is on the spoon and JH just scoop the porridge and put into his mouth.so isn't it indirect kissing? :P:P

Archived