Katie Holmes' New Fashion Trend

elizabeth

Tom's jeans
or so that's what the articles are saying about Katie's baggy pants.

katieholmes1pl6.jpg

katieholmes2kd1.jpg

Katie Holmes and Baggy Jeans: The Photographic Evidence

While attending rehearsals for Broadway’s revival of Arthur Miller’s All My Sons over the past couple of weeks in New York, Katie Holmes has been clinging to her pegged boyfriend jeans like a security blanket while away from her home in Los Angeles—which hasn’t gone unnoticed by gossip and fashion blogs, all of which seem to be wondering what has inspired this new sartorial direction.

We can’t pretend to know what’s going through Ms. Holmes’s mind (can anyone really these days?), but according to US Weekly, this tired old pair of jeans belongs to her husband, Tom Cruise. A rep for Prps, the brand that manufactured the jean, told the magazine that they’ve even adopted the men’s style for women for their fall collection.

Ms. Holmes’ borrowed pair of slouchy pants—a look more appropriate for a fishing trip than the streets of Lower Manhattan—have appeared in a variety of poses. There they are with a silk scarf and neat little cardigan; with ruby red three-inch heels and a hot pink sweater; with black, red, silver and copper flats; paired with loose-fitting cardigans and t-shirts as she takes daughter, Suri, to the park, and hops in and out of her chauffeured SUV between rehearsals. With each passing day they appear more and more faded. Perhaps a visit to the dry cleaners is in order.

source: http://www.observer.com/2008/style/katie-h...raphic-evidence

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you all think of the roll up baggy pants?

I think it's cute in a kind of weird way but still very stylish at the same time. IDK, I don't think I can pull it off though.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Honey_Babee

I don't like it. I hope it doesnt become a fashion trend though.

o nope, its coming, boyfriend jeans are so in right now. well you know gonna be in. but i hate it. its too bagggy

Guest Special Kay

I think wearing jeans like that only looks good on some people .....

and the jeans look kinda weird on Katie because shes known now for being so posh and chic ..... but out of all of these outfits I think shes looks the best in the last picture with the white cardigan.

it's very unflattering. i suppose it MIGHT look better if she didn't roll em up. but that's still just a might.

i don't like it at all

Guest LazyAzian

Ew, not even stiletto knee high boots tucked in can save this tragedy - and usually they look great with baggy pants.

Guest Atmosphere.

Yeah whoever said her jeans look like she is going to paint a house.

But that jeans look not so bad, it's actually very cute along with her top wear!

I mean if it's comfortable, then that's good PLUS too!

Archived