SINGLE EYELIDS

Guest banana milk =)

Guest pandazombie

I have issues curling the end part of my eyelashes. T___T

Me too!!! It doesn't like...curl...=____=;;

anyway

I just wear white liner under the eye and black on top ...only the white shows though u___u

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Kim Tae Hyun

kim tae hun.. u must do a tutorial here

sweetnsour012 : u too!!!

alright then...i will :D

4932451652134.jpg NO MAKEUP

1. curl my eyelashes

2. i apply the primer coat on..(white coating)tutorial29.jpg

3. then i apply some tigi "wigged out" mascara on tutorial28.jpg

4. then i put another coat of primer on top of that

5. then i put on estee lauder "magnascopic" to give it that extra thickness :D tutorial24.jpg

6. then i brush through the lashes w/ a comb

7. then i apply silver eyeshadow (prefer cream shadow)

8. then i apply green eyeliner on top tutorial18.jpg

9. then i apply gold eyeliner on the bottomtutorial16.jpg

10. then i recurl my eyelashes and comb through it one last time :D

11. the i put primer and estee lauder mascara on bottem lashestutorial8.jpg

and comb through it after that (if u want)

THEN..UR DONE!!!

tutorial.jpg

Guest blisskiss

I'm so glad there's a thread like this. I had to teach myself how to put on eye makeup because i only had single lids and there aren't many asians in my area. I am 21 now, so I have some experience experimenting with a few different products over the years...

I don't have step-by-step pictures but I have some end-result pics.

this is without makeup.

30d254aa.jpg

d72c4e2f.jpg

this is with green eye makeup.

e074ee61.jpg

this is with my typical bronze-tan eye makeup.

DSC05199small.jpg

purple7.jpg

2-2-06042clean.jpg

basically, this is my process. i prep my face with a skin tone-matching concealer. i use lancome's photogenic in camee and just spot-conceal. i don't use any powder or foundation because i hate the heavy look and feel. most young women don't need it like they think they do. I use a blush and/or bronzer to go over my cheeks, then i dust the brush over my forehead, nose and chin. face should be prepped for the eye makeup now.

the first thing i do is the eyeliner. i use either wet or dry on my upper lids and i just line near the lash line. if wet, go inside-to-outside and DON'T make it too thick. even if you can't see it, others will when you blink. when using pencil, i like going from the outside corner in. make it heaviest from outside-in, or the same thickness through. for the bottom lids, i use a waterproof eyeliner from lancome in prune, a dark purple. this color is more natural than black since it isn't as dark. for small eyes, don't line your bottom lashes at all...it will make them look smaller. i go from outside in again (contrary to what most will tell you to do) and i only line it to about the midway point, tapering as i go in.

next, i apply shadow. i start with a pearly white shadow under the eyebrows to highlight the bone. this makes your whole face look glowy. next, i choose a middle color (bronze) and apply it to the outer half of the lid, from under the white shadow down to the lashes, blending it into the rest of the lid. i use a final darker shadow by my lash line and only glide it to about half-way from the outside edge-in, tapering the shadow as i go. you always need to blend everything along the way. if you want, you can "line" your bottom lids from the edges in the middle or dark shadow, but i recommend this more if you are going out.

finally, curl lashes and apply the mascara. do this step last because the powder and shadow can help your mascara not to run and your lashes get extra thickness. lightly curl close to the tips of the lashes, then again harder at the bottom of the lashes. this makes the lash's curl look more natural. apply the mascara. i use max factor's 2000 calorie mascara because it thickens and won't make your curl fall straight like very wet mascaras do. i usually let this dry, then I curl them one more time.

trust me, i have short lashes and I don't wear a lot of makeup. I did a lot of trial-and-error to figure this out!I hope that helps!

~Jen

Guest hollypolly0377

hollypolly0377, you have gorgeous eyes! um...i was wondering, what brand eye lash curler do you use?

thanksss. I use the Japonesque eyelash curler.

Guest Kim Tae Hyun

^err...sok ssangkappul?

gah...30 characters...dooodidoodidoo...

haha yup...i guess their in the middle between no ssangkappul and ssangkappul LOL unique and def. love it!!!

:w00t:

Guest Aestas

ehehe not really. :sweatingbullets:

It's just that I never apply eyeliner as close to my lash line as possible. I apply it a little above the lash line. So when I open my eyes, it kinda looks like i have a little fold or something, but i really dont. xD

I'll take pics and show you guys sometime. :)

ahhhhhhhhhhh.... i see what you mean..... smarty pants. :D looks nice! it does give the illusion of a double eyelid. :lol:

blisskiss = sexay!

kneenuh = smokey eyes... ^.^ ... damn, that second close up of your eye... whoooa. BIG.

Kim Tae Hyun = damn, look at those eyes... their massive! :w00t: the mascara looks slightly clumpy... but then it actually looks really beautiful on your eyes... almost a babydoll effect...

:lol:

here is my tutorial for my purple eyes back in page 4, all in one picture for easy viewing.

steps.jpg

this doesn't look too ... "clowny" does it?

Guest Kim Tae Hyun

ahhhhhhhhhhh.... i see what you mean..... smarty pants. :D looks nice! it does give the illusion of a double eyelid. :lol:

blisskiss = sexay!

Kim Tae Hyun = damn, look at those eyes... their massive! :w00t: the mascara looks slightly clumpy... but then it actually looks really beautiful on your eyes... almost a babydoll effect...

:lol:

puhaha i guess....gracias :D

Guest 709394

steps.jpg

this doesn't look too ... "clowny" does it?

AWESOME, i actually saw the almay stufff today and was contemplating whether or not to buy it..its very very nice

Guest Jenii.E

@ blisskiss - ur very pretty!!

@ Aestas - ^-^thnx so much for the tut!!! noiw i can play wif my eyes!

Guest v1rgi3

damn... so many cool tutorials!!! lol i swear, ppl with single lids have more experitse with eye makeup... lol... double eyelid ppl just have to put on some shadow, liner, and they look great already!!!!

just my experience with my difficult eyelids... lol

1)curl eyelashes, and using mascara goes a long way

2) since a thin line disappears, i have to make a thick line on my eyelid... oh wellz, just don't close your eyes for long periods of time...

3) use a whitish color right below the brow bone, then a medium color from the lashline to the entire eye, and then the darkest color from your lashline to where ur 'imaginary' crease is suppose to be... ( if you want, you can blend another color on the outer corners of the eyelid.... so very cute and pretty )

4) don't entirely line ur bottoms with black.. just maybe the outer half...

5) take out all your makeup and experiement with all the different types of shadows and colors... and liners too.. if you prefer liquid to pencil. .. or creme or powder shadow.. whatever... ur eyes are different from others.. so tutorials are just inspirations and guides to your own eyes.. you know :P ur eyes the best...

Guest Jinbi

My situation is even worse, I've only got one single eyelid and that's on my left eye >.<

L - Single, R - Double... so literally like this o.O

No Makeup

E1.jpg

Normal Makeup (is basically just eyeliner just to give it some definition)

E2.jpg

More Dramatic Makeup (which is only used when I am imitating cosplayers so I don't walk out of the house like this XD)

E4.jpg

E3.jpg

Guest A Beautiful Struggle

i use stick eyeliner on the top, right above my eyelashes and smudge it.. so it kinda looks like a black eyeshadow. =] i also apply mascara on both top and bottom lashes. xD when the bottom lashes smudge a little.. makes your eyes look bigger. kakaka

Guest starsparklers*

do you just use the normal eyeshadow brush when doing the bottom of the eye?

it usually end up too thick when i use the brush. are there any good ways of doing it? ^^~

Guest getxinfatuated

I was wondering, if you are applying eyeliner (liquid), do you do it before applying eyeshadow or after?

Guest moochelle

you single eyelid people are lucky in a way though.

when you apply the makeup effectively, it looks sooo gorgeous.

Archived