Quantcast
yoonah

Jeon Do Yeon

전도연 The Chameleon of Korean Cinema
She's one of Korea's most talented and versatile actresses. I'm surprised that she hasn't got her own thread here in soompi. But I'm happier! Coz I get to make one... on one of my favorite actresses, and one of Korea's best! :)

Jeon Do Yeon

bestactress_43dj.jpg070528ent1fz6.jpgJeon Do Yeon is Best Actress at the 43rd Daejong Grand Bell Awards for "You Are My Sunshine". And the first Korean to bag the Best Actress Award at the 60th Cannes Film Festival for "Secret Sunshine."

Name: Jeon Do Yeon Birthday: February 11, 1973 Height: 165 cm Weight: 48 kg Blood Type: O Debut: Johnson & Johnson CF, 1990 Hobbies: Listening to music, watching movies Special interests: Water skiing, pocketball Ideal man: Smart, capable, well-dressed Charming assets: Forehead, shoulders Favorite food: pot stew (찌개류), seafood (해산물좋아하는) Schools: Bukgajwa Elementary School, Yonhi Girls Middle School, Changduk Girls High School, Seoul Institute of the Arts AWARDS Best Actress (Secret Sunshine), 2nd Asian Film Awards, 2008 Recipient (for Movie Division/Development), 7th Proud Korean Awards, 2007 Best Actress (Secret Sunshine), 10th Director's Cut Awards, 2007 Actress of the Year (Secret Sunshine), Women in Film Awards, 2007 Best Actress (Secret Sunshine), 6th Korean Film Awards, 2007 Best Actress (Secret Sunshine), 28th Blue Dragon Movie Awards, 2007 Best Actress (Secret Sunshine), 27th Korean Critics Association Awards, 2007 Best Actress (Secret Sunshine), 1st Asia Pacific Screen Awards, 2007 Asian Movie Artist Award, Asia Producers Network, 2007 Special Achievement Award (recognizing her win in Cannes), 44th Daejong Grand Bell Awards, 2007 BEST ACTRESS (Secret Sunshine), 60th CANNES FILM FESTIVAL, 2007 Best Actress Award (You Are My Sunshine; shared with Lee Young Ae of "Sympathy for Lady Vengeance"), 8th Director's Cut Awards, 2005 Best Couple (with Hwang Jun Min), 26th Blue Dragon Movie Awards, 2005 Best Actress (You Are My Sunshine) 43rd Daejong Grand Bell Awards, 2006 Best Actress (You Are My Sunshine), Max Movie's Best of the Best Awards, 2006 Daesang Award (Lovers in Prague), SBS Drama Awards, 2005 Top 10 Stars (Lovers in Prague), SBS Drama Awards, 2005 Best Actress (You Are My Sunshine), 4th Korean Film Awards, 2005 Best Actress (You Are My Sunshine) 25th Korean Critics Association Awards, 2005 Best Actress (You Are My Sunshine), New York Film Academy Women's Film Festival, 2005 Best Actress (You Are My Sunshine) 13th Chunsa Film Arts Awards, 2005 Best Actress (My Mother, the Mermaid), 3rd Korean Film Awards, 2004 Best Actress (My Mother, the Mermaid), 7th Director's Cut Awards, 2004 Best Actress (Shoot For the Stars), SBS Awards, 2002 Top 10 Stars (Shoot For the Stars), SBS Drama Awards, 2002 People's Choice, 23rd Blue Dragon Movie Awards, 2002 Best Actress (I Wish I Had A Wife), 37th Baeksang Art Awards, 2001 People's Choice, 21st Blue Dragon Movie Awards, 2000 Best Actress, 20th Korean Critics Association Awards, 2000 Best Actress (Harmonium In My Memory), 37th Daejong Grand Bell Awards, 2000 Best Actress (Happy End), 1st Pusan Film Critics Awards, 2000 Best Actress (Happy End), 3rd Director's Cut Awards, 1999 Best Actress (Harmonium In My Memory), 20th Blue Dragon Movie Awards, 1999 People's Choice, 20th Blue Dragon Movie Awards, 1999 Best Actress (A Promise), 35th Baeksang Art Awards, 1999 Best New Actress (The Contact), 18th Korean Critics Association Awards, 1998 Best New Actress (The Contact), 18th Blue Dragon Movie Awards, 1997 Best New Actress (The Contact), 35th Daejong Grand Bell Awards, 1997 FILMOGRAPHY Movies My Dear Enemy (2008) Secret Sunshine (2007) You Are My Sunshine (2005) My Mother, the Mermaid (2004) Untold Scandal (2003) No Blood No Tears (2002) I Wish I Had a Wife (2001) Happy End (1999) Harmonium In My Memory (1999) A Promise (1998) The Contact (1997) Dramas On Air (SBS, 2008) - cameo, as herself Lovers in Prague (SBS, 2005) Shoot for the Stars (SBS, 2002) Love Story - Host of Memory (기억의 주인편) (SBS, 1999) Some Things You Can't Forget/What You Keep is Unforgettable [best Theater] (MBC, 1998) Star in My Heart/Wish Upon a Star (MBC, 1997) Snail (SBS, 1997) 일요가족극장 : 간이역 (MBC, 1996) Until We Can Love (KBS, 1996) Project (KBS, 1996) A Sunny Place of the Young/Sunny Place of Youth/The Sunshine of the Youth/Leaves (KBS, 1995) General Hospital (MBC, 1994) Love is Blue/Water of the Blue Spend (SBS, 1994) Scent of Love/Love's Fragrance (SBS, 1994) Our Paradise/Our Own Heaven (MBC, 1990) Plays The Queen of Opera Tears (1998) Educating Rita (1997) Music Videos The Name <The Name> (2002) CFs Emons Furniture (2008) Hana Financial Group (2007) 'Driving Emotion' Hankook Tire (2006) Chung Kwang Plus One apartments (2006) Nadri Mesonie NAG Wrinkle Essence (2005) Shinsegae QUA [print ad] (2002) Yesprice.co.kr (2000) Hite (2000) Korea Telecom (1999) Daewoo Chorus (1999) Dongsan C&G Sexy Mild Essence (1997) Esquire Beart (1997) Orion Basic Crackers Haitai Sunkist 과일촌Ca (1996) Haitai Bongbong (1994) Lamy Cosmetics 라피네야채 (1994) Crown Jollypong Crown Orange Montt(몬트) (1993) Crown Caramel Corns&Peanuts (1992~1994) Crown Choco Heim (1992) Crown Minishell (1992) Johnson & Johnson Lite Baby Skin Lotion (1992) Broadcasting KBS Yunyega/Entertainment Relay (1996) SBS 신세대 전원집합 Pages in this thread Winning the Best Actress Award at Cannes, 2007 Her Wedding Best Actress at the 43rd Daejong, 2006 Official Sites: http://jeondoyoun.sidushq.com/ http://www.tomatonet.com/Jeondoyoun/index.html Her cyworld: http://cyworld.nate.com/jdoyoun Other sites: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeon_Do-yeon http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Jun_Do_Yeon http://www.popcornfor2.com/stars/jeondoyeon.php http://hancinema.net/korean_Jeon_Do-yeon.php http://soju22.net/people/jeon_do-yeon/ http://people.naver.com/DetailView.nhn?id=920 http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0161133/

Credits to:

sidushq.com, tomatonet.com popcornfor2.com, koreanfilm.org hancinema.net, koreafilm.co.kr, soju22.net My personal thanks to melusine for patiently teaching me how to do the thumbnails thing! :) And to sweetness for a couple of awards i've missed, shirley for the goods and rubie for her perennial updates.

^^ yeheeey!!! :w00t:

wow! a soompi thread about jdy. thanks yoonah! props! props!

yes, she is a chameleon! a great one. she's terrific in all of her popular movies, which would include... all of them!?! hihi.. well at least, those that were available on dvd and with english subs, and they were a handful of movies, where imo, she always shines in... ok, ok, maybe except untold scandal (imo), really didn't like that movie very much. :P

adorable (and kim ju hyuk) in lovers in prague, funny in her cutesy dance in shoot for the stars (with jo in sung)... oh and there was star in my heart with choi jin shil (another fave k-actress of mine, hehe, well after watching rosy life and the letter :)), the hair! hihi.

what were her other tv shows, btw? :D

It's about time for a JDY thread, good for you... yoonah, for taking the lead. :) She's a chameleon indeed.

Btw, the awards list is not really updated, right... JDY had won at least 2 Best Actress awards last year.

For the new thread, previous article on JDY.

~~o~~~o~~~o~~~o~~

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Jeon Do-youn's multiple hits stem from passion for acting

Ironically, a certain similarity runs between the two utterly different characters of a seedy tearoom waitress and a gorgeous daughter of the president when played by Jeon Do-youn, one of the nation's most bankable actresses.

In the two contrasting characters, viewers discover a similar naive and fragile soul which seems to speak for itself. The 32-year-old actress fills up every role she takes with the same honest soul, giving life to the fictional characters.

Thanks to the nation's acting queen, director Park Jin-pyo's movie "You Are My Sunshine" and the SBS weekend primetime drama "Lovers of Prague" are overwhelmingly popular simultaneously. The movie is currently a No. 1 box-office hit, filling 917,000 seats in the first week of release, and the drama is also enjoying a commanding popularity with an over 20 percent viewer rating in its first week.

200509280017.gif

Jeon Do-youn in "You Are My Sunshine" (left) and "Lovers of Prague"

In "You are My Sunshine," Jeon plays the role of a pitiful tearoom waitress who is also a sex worker. The waitress moves to a rural area away from Seoul to escape her abusive husband, and later falls in love with a farmer who showers her with love and gives her new hope. But as the cruelty of life flows, she is faced with the fact that she is infected with HIV, and her new love turns into another despair.

From the hardened woman, Jeon manages to bring out a fragile soul which arouses the viewers' sympathy. When played by Jeon, the woman is no longer just a pitiful sex worker, but instead, becomes a vulnerable - and perhaps even humdrum - woman with a lust for love and affection.

The same effect occurs in the TV drama "Lovers of Prague," when Jeon turns the charming daughter of the nation's most powerful man into a clumsy woman who likes eating junk food on the streets like every young Korean woman. From this character that appears to have everything - wealth, fame and beauty - Jeon manages again to bring out a soul of a naive and ordinary woman who has a lust for love like everyone else.

When a first love announces that he is leaving her, the "superwoman" replies "So, does this mean I'm being dumped?" without much feeling. But through Jeon's acting, viewers can see how much hurt the character is holding back in those numb words.

It is rare for a movie and a drama with the same leading actor or actress to become major hits at the same time. And often, actors and actresses avoid such cases, due to the risk of confusing audiences.

But Jeon managed to pull both roles off perfectly without causing any confusion.

While presenting lifelike acting for two completely different characters, Jeon never fails to turn the roles into her own, by blowing her own soul into each character.

When Jeon made her debut in the campus romantic drama "Our Heaven" in 1992, she was recognized as "just another" young and charming actress who arrived in TV land.

But since the 1997 movie "Contact," Jeon is considered by producers to have established herself as one of Korea's most-wanted actresses for the big screen.

Unlike other popular actresses who often face setbacks after a few major hits, Jeon's acting career has been a string of successes with hits like "Harmonium in My Heart" and "Happy End."

Jeon is regarded as an actress who has a "perspective-view" for choosing the right roles that can be best acted by her. And after making a choice, Jeon immediately pours all of her passion into the role.

"Often, it's hard to get back to real life after I finish a movie or a drama, because I truly believe that I am the character while the shooting is in process," Jeon once said in an interview with a local monthly magazine. "It's a bit like suffering from a broken heart, seeing from a fact that I always end up mourning over the characters as if they had been my lovers."

While acting, Jeon chooses to remain an "ordinary" person you expect to find on the streets, unlike other actresses who often strive to stand out from other people. Thus to women, Jeon is someone they could never hate or be jealous of, and to men, she becomes a symbol of an ordinary but lovable woman whom they hope to meet in real life one day.

Jeon's major power on the screen and TV was evidently not formed in one day. The actress' continuous efforts to develop a "sixth sense" for the right roles and to grasp viewers' expectations appears to have brought her the current success.

(hayney@heraldm.com)

By Shin Hae-in

Source: http://www.koreaherald.co.kr/SITE/data/htm...00509290030.asp

It's about time for a JDY thread, good for you... yoonah, for taking the lead. :) She's a chameleon indeed.

Btw, the awards list is not really updated, right... JDY had won at least 2 Best Actress awards last year.

yeah, if i remember correctly, for you are my sunshine, the film critics award (tie with lee young ae), and 4th korean film awards (?).. she also won the dae sang award (10 most popular also) at the year-end sbs acting awards, for lovers in prague.. i believe she also bagged some for her performance in 'my mother, the mermaid' in 2004, two or three i think, not sure which though. :)

^

Indeed, her impressive collection of awards accumulated steadily each year. Lots to be updated! :lol:

Another article on JDY, from 2005.

~~o~~~o~~~o~~~o~~

2005-10-25

Jeon Do Yeon, Next Year I Will Marry

20050923_20_01.jpg

Jeon Do Yeon's love is bold. I don't know how she feels about her love described as "bold", but as I sat across her during the interview, I could not help but think so. She was honest about her experience in love, and she possessed unshakeable hope and conviction in love. Once a person crosses into the thirties, both men and women have scars from past love experiences and tend to settle for something less than love or give up on love completely. Jeon Do Yeon, on the other hand, says "love is a topic that can never be talked about enough, and there's always something more to say." And through her current movie "You Are My Sunshine" (directed by Park Jin Pyo, produced by b.o.m. Film Production Co., Ltd) which hit the theaters Sept. 23, she talks about love.

The Woman Who Loves Love

Jeon Do Yeon is a favorite of melodrama movies, and has been holding fast to her favored genre by filming only melodrama movies. The movie "You Are My Sunshine" is also a story of love in the traditional melodrama frame. She admits, "I do not feel too attracted to movies that do not deal with the theme of love." A transformation for Jeon Do Yeon stays within the frame of melodrama, showing different types of love.

"There are many different types of love I have yet to do in movies, and "You Are My Sunshine" is a movie that deals with love in a different light from my previous works," she says. Her previous movies like "The Harmonium in My Memory", "Scandal", and "My Mother, The Mermaid" dealt with a one-sided, almost platonic love. But in this recent film, she is the receiver of love. One way to characterize the love she receives is to say that it is "overwhelming." Whether such love does exist is almost doubtful.

She states, "I've been the giver and receiver of love many times. But this kind of love, I've never received before. And while filming the movie, I was able to reconsider love. I will not loose my faith in love."

Jeon Do Yeon and the Image

Jeon Do Yeon has multiple images, and if her fans were to state her image, the answers would vary. The most commonly acknowledged image is that of a "white slate." She seems to absorb whatever pictures projected onto her, and at the same time she seems to erase them as easily. Of those many images she has created through her movie roles, one image that cannot be left out is that her characters are all honest. For those with a mentality of "my love is romance, other's love is an affair", she is honest to the point where it reaches the point of boldness. The character Eun Ha in "You Are My Sunshine" is also no ordinary woman, who goes from being a tearoom waitress to a victim of HIV, Eun Ha lives a life of adverse fortunes.

According to Jeon Do Yeon, "the thought that certain roles might hurt my image has never crossed my mind. I believe that if an actor is preoccupied with the image, then it limits the actor's potentials and ultimately becomes the actor's loss."

Dreaming of Marriage

She is now thirty-two years old. At this time in life, a person can feel drained and dream of becoming a different person. And Jeon Do Youn is not exception. She is now looking toward marriage, the traditional step in life. "When the right time comes..." is the most common response to marriage by most celebrities, but Jeon Do Yeon gives a different answer. She firmly states, "next year." To use her expression, "I don't have a special other at the moment, but I have a strong, though unfound, feeling that I will marry next year."

"Every time I go to a fortune teller, I"m always told I'll be married next year. And even though I'm not firm believer of fortune-telling, it’s still a consolation to be told so. I’m quite simple-minded, aren't I?"

This article has been translated from Sports Today.

Picture courtesy of Sports Today.

Source: Tour2Korea.com

http://english.tour2korea.com/02Culture/En...num=1&kosm=m2_7

The Contact (1997)

Starring: Han Seok Kyu, Jeon Do Yeon, Choo Sang Mi

Screenplay: Jang Yoon Hyeon, Jo Myeong Joo, Kim Eun Jeon

Director: Jang Yoon Hyeon

Genre: Romance, Drama

http://movie.naver.com/

http://www.movist.com/

Movie Posters

th_contact_poster1.jpg th_contact_poster2.jpg th_contact_poster3.jpg

Stills

th_contact_still_1.jpg th_contact_still_2.jpg th_contact_still_3.jpg th_contact_still_4.jpg th_contact_still_5.jpg th_contact_still_6.jpg

The Contact was a breakthrough hit in 1997 that catapulted Jeon Do-yeon to stardom and took many Korean viewers by surprise: they had never expected such an urbane, meticulously constructed, intelligent melodrama from Korean filmmakers. The Contact is indeed an immensely well-crafted film: it cannot be brushed off as a gimmick movie about an internet romance ("A boy and a girl chat in the internet: they fall in love: will they recognize each other when they meet offline?"), or a star vehicle for Jeon and Han Suk-kyu, wonderful as they are in their respective roles. However, even after watching the film three times, and for each time being thoroughly absorbed and entertained by it, I still find the film a bit artificial and pandering to the fantasy of its target audience, which the producer admitted was young female workers ("office ladies").

The film is masterfully orchestrated by Director Jang Yoon-hyun. He had studied cinema in Hungary and co-produced and edited a powerful leftist polemic Before the Strike,(1990) and yet for his own directorial films, The Contact and Tell Me Something, (1999) he chose to make big-budgeted commercial products operating within the boundaries of melodrama and horror-thriller genres. For that reason, and perhaps also due to the paucity of his directorial output (he has been more active as a producer in recent years) Jang is seldom discussed in the same breaths with such auteurs as Im Kwon-taek, Kim Ki-duk and Hong Sang-soo. However, in my opinion, Jang is one of the most visually interesting directors currently working in Korean cinema. I am always intrigued by his color schemes, (in The Contact, blues and purples contrasted to beiges and greens, for instance) that call to mind the Italian masters of 1960s and 70s, and his blockings and camera setups are interesting without calling attention to themselves (Greatly aided by his Director of Cinematography Kim Seon-bok, also responsible for Shiri [1999], JSA [2000] and My Sassy Girl [2001]). Yet, Jang is not a stylist-for-the-sake-of-style-only: his "pictures" are for the most part subordinated to the art of storytelling. Indeed, he is several miles ahead of many younger, supposedly more visually-oriented Korean directors in terms of the economy, efficiency and originality of his visual idioms.

One problem I have with The Contact is its inability to transcend the melodramatic codes embedded in Korean cinema, despite its sophistication. The screenplay by Jo Myeong-joo (Love Wind Love Song [1999], Over the Rainbow [2002]) tries way too hard to make it difficult for the two leads to hit off, and once they hit off, to keep the audience at the edge of their seats in expectation of their physical encounter. The big payoff, expertly filmed and edited, is crowd-pleasing to be sure, but by then chunks of melodramatic cliches, including that overused bag of chips-on-the-shoulder known as the "trauma resulting from a friend/lover/sibling's suicide," have been mixed into the narrative. Another problem is that I cannot muster much sympathy for the character of Dong-hyeon, played by Han Suk-kyu. Yes, Han's acting skills and star charisma do strive to make Dong-hyeon appealing, but I still find the latter rather charmless, excessively moody, pedantic, and male-chauvinistic. (I admit that there is something about Han Suk-kyu lecturing women in non-honorific Korean that makes me feel like I am listening to a dentist's instrument working on a root canal... which I would like to think of as my "Dr. Bong problem") After having seen the film three times, I am still doubtful that its lead characters could have a decent chance at a romance, much less a happy marriage.

Dressed in jeans, overalls and ugly pastel-color shirts and her hair done in a decisively unflattering perm for most of the movie, Jeon Do-yeon as Su-hyeon makes a daring choice of presenting herself as a plain, homey figure, perhaps even subject to bouts of girlish delusion. Her gamble pays off handsomely, as we cannot help but be drawn to her warm, thoughtful personality. However, I must confess that I find Choo Sang-mi's character Eun-hee much more interesting than Su-hyeon. Eun-hee is an independent career woman, a go-getter who is open about the nature and direction of her sexual desire, and quite free from clinging to a done relationship. (The lead characters, in contrast, spend nearly the entire running time waffling about their "traumatic" past love affairs) An "upgraded" version of Eun-hee can be seen played by Lee Young-ae in Hur Jin-ho's exquisite One Fine Spring Day (2001).

The Contact is not quite a landmark classic of Korean cinema it is sometimes taken to be. Still, as two hours of smart, high-quality entertainment, it deserves to claim its position among the cream of the crop from Korean films of the 1990s. (Kyu Hyun Kim)

Jeon Do Yeon is most definitely one of Korea's best actresses, if not THE best actress. She owned in Untold Scandal; I didn't recognize her at first in No Blood, No Tears. I loved her in I Wish I Had A Wife; her role in Happy End is bitterness and perfect melancholy. I'm definitely a fan. :D

yeah, if i remember correctly, for you are my sunshine, the film critics award (tie with lee young ae), and 4th korean film awards (?).. she also won the dae sang award (10 most popular also) at the year-end sbs acting awards, for lovers in prague.. i believe she also bagged some for her performance in 'my mother, the mermaid' in 2004, two or three i think, not sure which though. :)

^

Indeed, her impressive collection of awards accumulated steadily each year. Lots to be updated! :lol:

Oh dear! :sweatingbullets::blush: I hope you guys could help me reconstruct her roster of achievements. Thank you so much! :)

thanks so much for starting this thread! she is hands down, one of THE best actors in korea. i love her in every role. she's so real as every single one of her characters, i don't know how she does it. i watched her in a YSMM episode once, and when she first started acting, almost everybody in her acting company, etc, spread rumors that she got her first starring role by sleeping around [with the top executives, etc of the company.]

boy, did she prove them wrong.

chameleon of korean cinema!! <3

Oh dear! :sweatingbullets::blush: I hope you guys could help me reconstruct her roster of achievements. Thank you so much! :)

from her sidushq page:

awards:

2006년 맥스무비 최고의 영화상 최고의 - 여자배우상 (max movie ?, best acress i think)

2005년 SBS 연기대상 - 대상/10대스타상 (yes, the sbs awards, dae sang and most popular)

2005년 춘사영화제 - 여우주연상 (chun-sa film festival, best actress)

2005년 대한민국영화대상 - 여우주연상 (korean film awards, best actress)

2005년 한국영화평론가협회상 - 여자주연상 (film critics awards, best actress)

2005년 여성영화인모임 여성영화인축제 - 연기자상 (women in korean films award, i think)

TV:

2005년 SBS <프라하의 연인> - praha

2002년 SBS <별을 쏘다> - shoot for the stars

1999년 SBS <러브 스토리-기억의 주인편> - love story (i dunno if this is the show with lee byung hun, and other stars, the one with many stories. maybe supporting role?)

1998년 MBC <간직한 것은 잊혀지지 않는다> - what you keep is unforgettable - mbc best theater, costarring so ji sub

1997년 SBS <달팽이> - snail

1996 MBC 일요가족극장 : 간이역 - supporting role again, i guess. main cast: lee hye sook, park in hwan,

1996년 MBC <별은 내 가슴에> star in my heart

1996년 KBS <사랑할 때까지> until time which loves

1996년 KBS <프로젝트> - project (ehehe), with choi soo jong

oowah! now, i wanna learn korean, haha! kiddin'! ok, now i'm sleepy. good day to you all. :)

JDY is, to me, THE BEST actress Korea has. I know plenty of people compare her to Jeon Ji Yeon but if one compares ACTING PROWESS, there is NO exception. Yes Jeon Ji Yeon is sexy, glamorous, etc., Lee Hyori-esque, but I believe that's where the comparison ends. The starter of this thread is right when comparing Jeon Do Yeon to a chameleon. That's a perfect metaphor because she is absolutely believable in every role she takes on. I was looking forward to "Lovers in Prague" because I really like Kim Ju Hyuk and I LOOOOVE Jeon Do Hyun but when I heard about the plot of the drama series, I was disheartened. 'Gees,' I thought, 'please don't let this be another PRINCESS LULU type of drama.' And while I was skeptical that a rich woman could fall for a blue-collar cop and make it entertaining, I should have believed in the cast a little more because from the very first, it got me and Jeon Do Hyun AND Kim Ju Hyuk were spot on in their roles and infused enough realism to make it such a worthwhile series. I liked this series even more than "Lovers In Paris", although really I only watched "Paris" because of Lee Dong Gun. Anyway, I'm only expecting greater things from this fabuloso actress!

JDY is, to me, THE BEST actress Korea has. ........ I liked this series even more than "Lovers In Paris", although really I only watched "Paris" because of Lee Dong Gun. Anyway, I'm only expecting greater things from this fabuloso actress!

Hi soonjap you said it for me ! lurve jdy in every work of hers, and yes, lovers in prague is far better than paris ofcoz :phew: jdy and kjh are 2 awesome leads :)

jdy forever :blush:

For these 2 awards, she won Best Actress while Lee Byung Hun (A Bittersweet Life) won the Best Actor Award.

13th Chunsa Film Arts Awards (2005)

Best Actress; You Are My Sunshine

25th Korean Critics' Choice Awards (2005)

Director's Cut Awards 27.12.2005

Best Actress Award shared with Lee Young Ae (Sympathy for Lady Vengeance), Best Actor was Jeong Jae Young (Welcome to Dongmakgol, The Wedding Campaign)

YES! i fully agreed with you !

she is defintely one the BEST ! .amazing .actress with such talent and passion .~

.to me she never disappoint in her performance in whatever roles !

===================

^^ i think for the MBC awards 2004 is the same as the Korean Film Award just that they change the name

Best Actress (My Mother, the Mermaid), 3rd Korean Film Awards, 2004

Best Actress, MBC Awards, 2004

Best Actress, Baeksang Art Awards, 2001

and for Baeksang Art Awards, 2001 she won the best actress for I wish i had a wife

oh just something i hope can add to the thread ^^

Happy End

trailer

http://www.gaga.ne.jp/happyend/tr/happyend_1000k.wmv

i wish i had a wife

trailer

mms://stream.cineseoul.com/hepk/hepk003409.wmv

No blood no tears

mms://stream.cineseoul.com/hepk/hepk004148.wmv

Untold Scandal

trailer

mms://stream.cineseoul.com/hepk/hepk017289.wmv

MV

mms://stream.cineseoul.com/hmusic/hmusic017289.wmv

My mother , the mermaid

trailer

mms://stream.cineseoul.com/hepk/hepk018738.wmv

MV

mms://stream.cineseoul.com/hmusic/hmusic018738.wmv

-

got to go off .~ :)

from her sidushq page:

awards:

2006년 맥스무비 최고의 영화상 최고의 - 여자배우상 (max movie ?, best acress i think)

2005년 SBS 연기대상 - 대상/10대스타상 (yes, the sbs awards, dae sang and most popular)

2005년 춘사영화제 - 여우주연상 (chun-sa film festival, best actress)

2005년 대한민국영화대상 - 여우주연상 (korean film awards, best actress)

2005년 한국영화평론가협회상 - 여자주연상 (film critics awards, best actress)

2005년 여성영화인모임 여성영화인축제 - 연기자상 (women in korean films award, i think)

TV:

2005년 SBS <프라하의 연인> - praha

2002년 SBS <별을 쏘다> - shoot for the stars

1999년 SBS <러브 스토리-기억의 주인편> - love story (i dunno if this is the show with lee byung hun, and other stars, the one with many stories. maybe supporting role?)

1998년 MBC <간직한 것은 잊혀지지 않는다> - what you keep is unforgettable - mbc best theater, costarring so ji sub

1997년 SBS <달팽이> - snail

1996 MBC 일요가족극장 : 간이역 - supporting role again, i guess. main cast: lee hye sook, park in hwan,

1996년 MBC <별은 내 가슴에> star in my heart

1996년 KBS <사랑할 때까지> until time which loves

1996년 KBS <프로젝트> - project (ehehe), with choi soo jong

oowah! now, i wanna learn korean, haha! kiddin'! ok, now i'm sleepy. good day to you all. :)

For these 2 awards, she won Best Actress while Lee Byung Hun (A Bittersweet Life) won the Best Actor Award.

13th Chunsa Film Arts Awards (2005)

25th Korean Critics' Choice Awards (2005)

Director's Cut Awards 27.12.2005

Best Actress Award shared with Lee Young Ae (Sympathy for Lady Vengeance), Best Actor was Jeong Jae Young (Welcome to Dongmakgol, The Wedding Campaign)

Updated the awards list. Thanks rubie and sweetness!

Hi..I am just curious..

Did Jeon Do Yeon also played in the old drama Happy Together (Lee Byung Hun, Song Seung Hun, Kim Ha Neul)..There's a girl that looked like her who played as LBH's sister's friend who work in the night club..but the role for her was really small..

I firstly watched JDY in Shoot A Star (I love this drama) then when I watched Happy Together, I was quite sure the actress that I mentioned was her..

i'm so happy that there is a Jun Do Yeon thread here!!!

i love her acting...and after seeing her in Lovers In Prague, i'm a fan!! can't believe she's 32...coz i tot she looked really young in Lovers In Prague wearing those sports suit! and i think she's really pretty, has a very special look...and i love her smile!!! coz it's so sweet...

Jun Do yeon rocks! :D

Updated the awards list. Thanks rubie!

No problem! Glad to help! :lol:

Did Jeon Do Yeon also played in the old drama Happy Together (Lee Byung Hun, Song Seung Hun, Kim Ha Neul)..There's a girl that looked like her who played as LBH's sister's friend who work in the night club..but the role for her was really small..

I firstly watched JDY in Shoot A Star (I love this drama) then when I watched Happy Together, I was quite sure the actress that I mentioned was her..

Oops.. I watched Happy Together but can't remember the girl you mentioned. Could she be JDY? :sweatingbullets:

i love her acting...and after seeing her in Lovers In Prague, i'm a fan!! can't believe she's 32...coz i tot she looked really young in Lovers In Prague wearing those sports suit! and i think she's really pretty, has a very special look...and i love her smile!!! coz it's so sweet...

In Harmonium in My Memory, she was already 26-27 at the time but looked so 16! I had a hard time believing that she was actually older. :o