Sm Entertainment - Global Auditions [2008]

Riri

Guest xblade321

thank you so much Riri! (every time i look at your avatar [YOOCHUN, OMGAH!!], my heart beats faster >.<)

i'm sorry, but another question: i just realized... i'm not sure if i'm "asian". i'm filipino (i mean, i'm also a little japanese... but its so little that it doesn't even count) and to some people, filipinos aren't considered asian; filipinos are "pacific islanders". but some still consider filipinos "asian". do you think i should still audition?

and thanks for the luck, toomuchsmiling! we're gonna need it!

Go ahead

Give it a shot

Youll nvr know

ITs better to try than to not try at all

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest myjaejoong

do they come every year? i want to audition but im not sure im ready. and i also need time to convince my parents... the dont like the idea of my dream being a singer or any kind of entertainer. thats why i dont talk about it.

cuz if they come every year then maybe i should wait a year.

Guest adorkableheo

oh my!

i don't think i'm good enough

and i'm freaking out too!

wonder how i will freak out when i'm there.

my friend want to do it, so do i.

but i'm thinking about my parent's reaction

and what i'm leaving behind.

i have my education and everything.

but isn't an opportunity that we looked

yeah, so is it held every year?

i'm considering do it, cuz i'm 15 this year

and wonder how long you have to train

plus, if you get accept do you practice in korea

or united states? because i heard yg train in united states too

;D i know lame question

i'm so curious.

another question, so you email them and they tell

you what time they WANT you to come, not

the time you want?

sorry, for asking too much question.

do they come every year? i want to audition but im not sure im ready. and i also need time to convince my parents... the dont like the idea of my dream being a singer or any kind of entertainer. thats why i dont talk about it.

I'm pretty sure they do come every year. They did last year and they did the year before. It's always good to be prepared :D

Guest Crazyasian3119

just when i thought my application was ready to turn in... i have a question... again. what am i supposed to put for "experience"?! i've sang for live audiences and so on... or is it about vocal lessons or training?

thank you so much Riri! (every time i look at your avatar [YOOCHUN, OMGAH!!], my heart beats faster >.<)

i'm sorry, but another question: i just realized... i'm not sure if i'm "asian". i'm filipino (i mean, i'm also a little japanese... but its so little that it doesn't even count) and to some people, filipinos aren't considered asian; filipinos are "pacific islanders". but some still consider filipinos "asian". do you think i should still audition?

and thanks for the luck, toomuchsmiling! we're gonna need it!

no probs, Ahahahaha :lol: (XD Yoochun spazz X_X)

If i remember correctly, i recall someone who was either Filipino or half filipino that got through to the second round/callbacks ^_^

just when i thought my application was ready to turn in... i have a question... again. what am i supposed to put for "experience"?! i've sang for live audiences and so on... or is it about vocal lessons or training?

Experience can be anything, from training to shows and performances.

aw there's no houston this year. anyone know if we can send in things somewhere?

Although a lot will say theres a smaller chance, you can send in videos or demos to any company any time of the year, you should ask the SM general audition thread for more info in here

I think, so far, theyve come each year, however they might change their 'global' strategy if they dont find enough talent to make up for the investment, but im sure they'll keep holding global auditions anyway @_@

Guest AxGirlxCalledxKill

I know this question has been asked a bazillion times already because i've already seen all the answers to it.

But, if we're auditioning for dancing how long do we dance for? Do we dance for an entire song? And following that up; does it matter how long our song is?

Yes, I know this has been asked a lot and i'm sorry i'm asking again. I have read all the answers to the question.

But that's just it. I've read all of the answerS.

There's so many different answers to the question that I don't know which one is the right answer.

So, if anyone really, really knows. Please, help me.

Thank you.

:]

Guest anazianblonde

i was wondering DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT HAPPENS IF U DO MAKE IT?! well, i know u'll be going to korea for training BUT, HOW LONG DO YOU HAVE TO PREPARE FOR DEPARTURE? a week? month?

Guest daysconfession

i have 2 questions!

1) for the email registration, what kind of photos would be appropriate to send them?

2) is there a maximum time limit for doing your dance audition?

Guest myworldismusic1996

i was wondering DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT HAPPENS IF U DO MAKE IT?! well, i know u'll be going to korea for training BUT, HOW LONG DO YOU HAVE TO PREPARE FOR DEPARTURE? a week? month?

haha.. i was thinking the same question too...

but i have another question...

how long will it take if you pass the auditions, 2nd round, and final round?

Guest DarkAngelInLove

I went last year, I didn't make it. I'm kinda scare to do it again. Rejection hurts, but they were kinda nice about it. I just went home and hope that I would be able to do well next year. I want to go, but I don't think I'm ready.

Guest Chocopie.

I have a question!

Do you have to send In the email registration? Or can you just go and audition when they come to your city?

Guest angel_cutie

I went last year, I didn't make it. I'm kinda scare to do it again. Rejection hurts, but they were kinda nice about it. I just went home and hope that I would be able to do well next year. I want to go, but I don't think I'm ready.

awww *hugs*

then...dont be as serious?more like..happy you get to be there

Guest jocilyn

DID YOU GUYS get any replies from them when you

sent in your email registeration?

If so, what did it say?

i got contacted withing 3 hours.... =D

anywayz. the thing basically said the same thing online in www.smtown.com

about the categories, when the audition dates are, the audition prep < like for singers you need to prepare a song acapella>, they also said that they would email 'us' back for the time+place of the auditions...

hope this helps

Archived