Sm Entertainment - Global Auditions [2008]

Riri

Guest cassiopeia_5549

Hey! i bet A LOT of people have asked this but i sent and e-mail with my information to SM, i got an e-mail back from them. now what should i expect to do now?

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest angel_cutie

@JiNi

they wont force you to dance in the end xDDD

i think you should so you wont feel left out and...

akward cuz most likely other people will be dancing

around you haha

unless you really dont wanna,you dont have to

its up to you

Hey! i bet A LOT of people have asked this but i sent and e-mail with my information to SM, i got an e-mail back from them. now what should i expect to do now?

wait for them to send you a email giving you the time...

then wait for the day to come LOL~

thats pretty much it ^^

Guest Serenity89

yay! I found the thread. Well, I have a question - if it seems stupid please forgive me. It says that any asian can apply but sm entertainment is a korean entertainment. So if your asian but you don't speak korean, do you think they will still give you a chance?

yay! I found the thread. Well, I have a question - if it seems stupid please forgive me. It says that any asian can apply but sm entertainment is a korean entertainment. So if your asian but you don't speak korean, do you think they will still give you a chance?

hey there, welcome ^^, no question is stupid XP

SM are looking to expand to other countries and have already done so in China and Japan, Jang Riin is a chinese singer under SM entertainment, it will probably help if you can speak Chinese, Japanese or Korean but if they really want you they will teach you any of the languages you'll need to make a debut ^_^

Guest Crazyasian3119

thank you so much for creating this thread, but i have another question. i'm sorry if you already answered it but i'm too lazy to look through 11 pages... but in the email application are we supposed to keep it numbered? or do we answer in a paragraph with all of those included? and for the photo, should i include two (a full-body and a face)?

thank you so much for creating this thread, but i have another question. i'm sorry if you already answered it but i'm too lazy to look through 11 pages... but in the email application are we supposed to keep it numbered? or do we answer in a paragraph with all of those included? and for the photo, should i include two (a full-body and a face)?

I suggest you stick to the format, it makes it easier for them to read and sort out

eg.

1. Name: Riri

etc.

including two photos should be fine ^^

does anyone know for SM auditions, must you be able to speak korean? and is there an age limit??

From my last post:

SM are looking to expand to other countries and have already done so in China and Japan, Jang Riin is a chinese singer under SM entertainment, it will probably help if you can speak Chinese, Japanese or Korean but if they really want you they will teach you any of the languages you'll need to make a debut ^_^

There is no age limit, however its suggested that you bring a parent along if you're under 16, you don't have to.

Why isn't SM entertainment focusing on Europe T_T

how about philippines?...

When they're looking for foreigners/ other asians (not korean) it means theyre looking to probably debut you in your country rather than focusing on Korea. If you're Chinese and get chosen you'll probably make a debut in China.

Europe? Its costly and time consuming to set up auditions, they'll want to make the most of the money and time they have and they obviously feel that they'll find more potential asian artists in America even though i reckon they should go to other countries it all comes down to business.

Philippines? Well, like I said above, If you're not Korean and get chosen then theyre aiming to debut/focus you in another country, so if they were to audition those in the Philippines then it means they want to break into the Philippine market and i'm guessing SM aren't looking to do that as the Philippine market is quite small and weak compared to the ones theyre aiming to/ have already broken into now such as Japan and China, Japan being i think the 2nd largest music industry and China rapidly growing everyday with plenty of potential for high sales.

No announcements for any other countries have been made yet, it may be released later on.

---

gosh. im so tired XD

Guest anazianblonde

i was wondering. After the prelim, going onto the 2nd round/final round. Would it still be on the same day or on a different day?

i dont want to book my plane ticket and find out i need to stay an extra day or something. not that i would abandon the audition, just make it less trouble some for me since i'll be freaken out a lot already...:)

Guest Serenity89

Thanks Riri for answering my question!

So I'm back with another, I went on smtown.com and their information was from 2006. Is there any update for 2008? and is the email address application still the same?

Guest ilovekyu05

hey is there an age limit? coz im too old for it,

but i really really want to audition! can somebody

please answer me...tnx!

Guest stacynsungmin

i was wondering. After the prelim, going onto the 2nd round/final round. Would it still be on the same day or on a different day?

i dont want to book my plane ticket and find out i need to stay an extra day or something. not that i would abandon the audition, just make it less trouble some for me since i'll be freaken out a lot already...:)

haha I was thinking the same thing!! also I thought about what if the dates change =X

that is why you should give yourself a extra day or so

I asked ppl who have gone before and the call back is usually the next day...I haven't heard any that call you back the first day cause they end pretty late but I guess if you're exceptional then....

hey is there an age limit? coz im too old for it,

but i really really want to audition! can somebody

please answer me...tnx!

if you already say you're too old for it then how come you are still asking? haha

but they don't have a age limit so you can still audition

but you just have to keep in mind it would be alot harder for someone older to get it in!!

Guest daysconfession

well if you look at the dates on the first post.. it says that on the 28th, for example, they're doing TWO cities - New York and San Fran.. so if you think about it, the call back wouldn't be on the same day because there'd be too many people to go through and they have to go through deciding on who to let through to the next round, and traveling back and forth, etc.

Guest angel_cutie

off topic but did anyone here got the BoA poster from last year??

i got one last year and i was looking in her eyes to see if i could see any people

LOL~ and i think i saw camera stands in her eyes xDD

Thanks Riri for answering my question!

So I'm back with another, I went on smtown.com and their information was from 2006. Is there any update for 2008? and is the email address application still the same?

If you can read Korean, or if you look around, the SM town website actually has the 2008 information, all the information available on the website is also posted here in my first post, there you'll find ALL the information you need and the answer to your question and any other question

Guest tohofan.x3

I'm sorry if this was asked before but, is there any news of where the audition location will be on Hawaii?

Whether it will be on O'ahu or any of the other islands?

Guest toomuchsmiling

well, good luck to anyone who tries!~ It's so tough for us girls though, unless we choose modeling or back-up dancing or maybe even acting. Singers though...it's tough. -_- Personally, I'm not auditioning (wish i was) but good luck again to those who are~! ^__^

Guest Crazyasian3119

thank you so much Riri! (every time i look at your avatar [YOOCHUN, OMGAH!!], my heart beats faster >.<)

i'm sorry, but another question: i just realized... i'm not sure if i'm "asian". i'm filipino (i mean, i'm also a little japanese... but its so little that it doesn't even count) and to some people, filipinos aren't considered asian; filipinos are "pacific islanders". but some still consider filipinos "asian". do you think i should still audition?

and thanks for the luck, toomuchsmiling! we're gonna need it!

Archived