Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

This article doesn't offer much new info, but is definitely much better written in my opinion.

----------------------

https://en.yna.co.kr/view/AEN20190221006900315

(Yonhap Interview) New film 'Uhm Bok-dong' pushes Rain to his physical limit

All Headlines 14:29 February 21, 2019

SEOUL, Feb. 21 (Yonhap) -- Having entered the K-pop scene as a teenager, Rain, whose real name is Jung Ji-hoon, has shown no lack of stamina so far while staging physically challenging pop performances on the K-pop scene.

Even given Jung's unusually well-built physique, filming "Uhm Bok-dong," a new drama film where he plays the main role, was a consuming physical challenge like never before.

"Uhm Bok-dong" is an entertaining history film based on a colonial-era Korean cycle champion of the same name. Jung brought Uhm's character alive on the screen to shed light on the life of the little-known historic cyclist.

Uhm won a series of national cycling competitions against powerful Japanese rivals during Japan's brutal colonial control of the Korean Peninsula from 1910-45.

The film casts Uhm's winning streak as boosting the morale of Koreans under the brutal colonial rule and inspiring the spirit of fighting for independence.

This image from the film "Uhm Bok-dong" was provided by Celltrion Entertainment. (Yonhap)

AEN20190221006900315_01_i_P4.jpg
1 of  4
AEN20190221006900315_02_i_P4.jpg

AEN20190221006900315_03_i_P4.jpg

AEN20190221006900315_04_i_P4.jpg

As he took up the role without a body double, Jung was subjected to an intense regime of training which required him to cycle around a 420-meter track for nearly 10 hours for more than six months.

The total distance he has cycled for training and shooting may equal the distance around the globe, he said in an interview with Yonhap News Agency and other media outlets on Wednesday ahead of the film's release on Feb. 27.

"As I circled the track, I was thrown into the thought of, 'Who am I? And where am I?,'" the 37-year-old said.

"After repeating the routine endlessly, I felt like I had fallen into the pit of hell," Jung recalled. "The job was really demanding even for relatively healthy men like me, and for other supporting actors it caused complete exhaustion and some of them even threw up."

The intense muscle exercise forced him to opt for a larger pants size as his thighs dramatically grew in girth. Through diet and exercise, he has nearly recovered his original size, according to Jung.

"Uhm Bok-dong" is his first appearance in a Korean film in seven years since his last in the 2012 film "R2B: Return to Base."

Veteran actor Lee Beom-su, who produced "Uhm Bok-dong" and played the role of an independence fighter and cycling trainer in the film, first handed the film's script to Jung, and he was instantly intrigued.

"I found something dynamic in the script ... and I also thought that I could contribute to promoting the athlete Uhm Bok-dong who has not been well-known," Jung noted.

The K-pop star also recently entered into much celebrated marriage life with prominent actress Kim Tae-hee. The two top stars wed in early 2017 and have one daughter.

"After getting married and running toward the age of 40, I need to be more grown-up," he said. "But musicians tend to retain aspects of a child. Without it, they cannot catch up with the latest trends. It's an irony that I need to grow up, but at the same time I have to listen to the music of young people," Jung said.

But he stopped short of mentioning his daughter, saying, "I want to draw a clear line between my family and career ... It seems that it will come back to me as a sword and arrow if I boast of my lovely daughter."

He plans to maintain both of the two long-established pillars of his career as long as his capability allows.

"As I have two occupations, I sometimes get confused myself. The time may come for me to have to give up one of them because a dance singer has an expiration date," Jung said. "Still, I will continue to dance as long as my body is capable of movement and want to extend that expiration date by carefully managing my fitness."

Jung also said he is willing to act for indie films by student director. "As I am in the course of building my career as an actor, I hope I could work for a various range of films even in a small role," he said, voicing his hope to build a long acting career.

Currently, he is in discussions over new roles in a TV drama series and a movie. Toward the end of the year, he will also release a new music album and go on a concert tour.

(END)

• Like 1

Korean Celebrity Rain Opens Up About His Intense Preparation For New Movie 'Uhm Bok Dong'

korean-singer-actor-rain-opens-up-about-

Korean singer/actor Rain shared an interesting story about the filming of his new movie, Uhm Bok Dong. The Hallyu actor revealed that he trained so hard for his role to the point that it changed his physique because of it.

During his appearance in SBS's Night of Real Entertainment, Rain was praised for his broad shoulder. He then talked about his new movie Uhm Bok Dong and how it changed his body.

Rain revealed that he trained a lot for the flick and jokingly added that he started to resent his movie producer, actor Lee Beom Soo, because of it. Apparently, rode a bicycle for more than 20,000 kilometers to train for the role.

"I entered the athlete's village. I rode a bike for six hours a day. I started to feel resentful of someone while continuing to ride it," he said.

Rain, however, have something to thank for in his new movie. He said cycling became an intense workout for him. He revealed that his thigh and butt became firm but it also requires him to change his pants size from 32 to size 40.

Uhm Bok Dong is a biopic that is based on the life of South Korean cyclist, Uhm Bok Dong, who won the first place in a bicycle race when he defeated Japanese cyclists during the Japanese colonial rule of Korea. He became a symbol of pride for Koreans. Rain plays the lead character Uhm Bok Dong.

Prior to the official release of his movie on February 27, 2019, Rain was slammed for his Instagram post that he shared when he was drunk. The actor's controversial message was posted following the unfavorable reviews about his movie during the preview screening last week.

Reports indicate that the movie raised questions on whether or not Um Bok Dong should be called a patriot when he allegedly stole the bicycle he rode in a race against Japanese cyclists. This raised questions about the film's historical accuracy and made some to give the movie poor reviews online.  

In his post, Rain said he had done his best for the role and he hopes that those who watched the move would recognize his sincerity.

He also asked the moviegoers to at least remember the name Um Bok Dong.

According to Korea Times, Rain Company has admitted that the actor-singer "had a few drinks" when he shared the message. The label added that the singer-actor would accept whatever the outcome of the movie in the box office.

source : http://en.koreaportal.com/articles/46685/20190227/korean-celebrity-rain-opens-up-about-his-intense-preparation-for-new-movie-uhm-bok-dong.htm

• Like 1

*** I hope VIKI can get the license to sub this. RAIN is really like that ever since - He gives 100% to transform into his character whatever role he's into. :lol:

Rain Talks About The Intense Cyclist Training He Endured For His Sports Movie

0039768786ef4d188deb188d4dd054d7.jpeg?s=

Rain recently gave an interview where he talked about the hardships of filming his sports movie “Uhm Bok Dong.”

The movie is based on a true story about a South Korean cyclist who won first place in a bicycle race during the period of Japanese colonial occupation.

In order to prepare for the role, Rain began training in cycling at Korea National Sport University before filming began. He would ride 20 laps around a 420-meter (1378 feet) track 20 times a day and accumulated numerous small scars on his arms and legs.

In the interview, Rain said that the training was like a fight with himself. “I joined the athletes’ village before filming began,” he said. “I received 2-3 months of training from real national team coaches at Korea National Sport University. I trained like I was really in training for competition.”

He added, “After we began filming, it was tough beyond words. I would cycle for 8 hours on sandy ground under direct sunlight. It couldn’t be anything but difficult.”

“Every night, I knew I had to keep cycling the next day, and it became a source of stress,” he said. “Since I knew I would have to ride the moment I got up, I would enjoy the time I had off and sleep until the very last minute. Every day was so hard and I listened to calming music in order to keep the stress away.”

He continued, “When you study at your desk, you get tired and sleepy. Cycling became like that for me. I’d get tired and sleepy as soon as I got on the bicycle. It became a fight with myself. It was hell when I was riding in the blazing heat. It was summer so the days were long and I would hate the sun for not setting.”

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 1

Rain and Kim Tae Hee purchased millions of luxury homes 

1552034649_1f0d.jpg

RAIN was married to Kim Tae Hee on the year 2017. In the same year, Kim Tae Hee gave birth to a daughter. The family of three is very happy. Recently, Rain has been busy promoting his film "Bicycle King Uhmbok-dong", but the film is not doing very well in the box office in South Korea.

Earlier, Kim Tae-hee announced that she is pregnant with a second child. According to Korean media reports, Rain and Kim Tae Hee purchased new homes in August last year, which immediately caused a lot of speculation. According to reports, on August 10 last year, Rain purchased a unit of about 3.3 billion Korean won (about 23 million Hong Kong dollars) from the Hannam The Hill in Yongsan-gu, Seoul.  Kim Tae Hee also purchased 70-pyeong apartment 7 days later on the 4th floor of a different unit at 4.23 billion KRW ($3.7 million USD). in the same district. 

As the couple bought new homes, both Rain and Kim Tae Hee's agency stated they do not know as it's the artists' personal matter.  Kim Tae Hee's agency said: "Now the two live in Itaewon, Seoul, which remodelling is being carried out. In order to welcome the arrival of the second child, Rain and Kim Tae Hee are renovating their home to facilitate spaces of the two children.

credit : HK.ENTERTAINMENT.APPLEDAILY.COM

https://hk.entertainment.appledaily.com/enews/realtime/article/20190308/59345510

韓流】兩公婆齊齊入市 Rain金泰希各購入千萬豪宅

韓流天王Rain前年跟金泰希結婚,同年金泰希為Rain誕下一女,一家三口非常幸福。近日Rain又忙於宣傳他的新片《自行車王嚴福童》,不過電影在韓國票房就認真麻麻。

早前金泰希宣佈再懷第二胎,而今日韓媒就報道Rain和金泰希去年8月分別購入新居,即時惹來不少揣測。據報道指去年8月10日Rain在首爾龍山區漢南洞的德希爾公寓購入一個約33億韓圜(約2,300萬港元)的單位,事隔7日就到金泰希在同區以42億3,000萬韓圜(約4,240萬港元)購入另一棟公寓。

由於兩公婆各自購入新居,外界都擔心二人發生甚麼問題,金泰希所屬事務所相關人士就表示:「現在兩人居住嘅首爾龍山區梨泰院洞嘅寓所正進行裝修,金泰希新購入嘅公寓係給佢媽咪入住。」而二人的事務所就指購入房屋是私人事,所以詳情亦不知道,但強調兩人關係沒有問題。估計Rain和金泰希為了迎接第二胎的來臨,所以對寓所進行裝修,方便之後兩名小朋友生活。

Rain And Kim Tae Hee Purchase Apartments In Same Apartment Complex As BTS

They’ve purchased homes in “Hannam The Hill”!

FK71OIezOacmbHQUSCCqZ_hJCIqzO1SEUyPouuQl

Rain and Kim Tae Hee have each reportedly purchased an apartment in the luxurious apartment complex “Hannam The Hill”, which also happens to be where BTS lives.

According to reports, the couple who lives in a house in Itaewon purchased two apartments at “Hannam The Hill” located in Seoul in August 2018.

rain

Rain purchased a 70-pyeong apartment on the 7th floor in on August 10, 2018 and put it up for lease. The lease amount is 3.3 billion KRW ($2.9 million USD). 7 days later, Kim Tae Hee purchased a 70-pyeong apartment on the 4th floor of a different unit at 4.23 billion KRW ($3.7 million USD).

rain2

Kim Tae Hee’s agency revealed that the couple currently lives in their remodeled Itaewon home while her mother lives in the apartment in Hannam The Hill.

The two people are currently living in their home that they remodeled (Itaewon). Kim Tae Hee’s mother lives at Hannam The Hill (which Kim Tae Hee purchased).

ㅡ Kim Tae Hee’s agency

Meanwhile, the gorgeous couple has recently announced that they are expecting their second baby!

source " koreaboo

Rain and Kim Tae Hee each purchase a separate $4 million residence at Hannam The Hill

rbjpg.jpg

Rain and Kim Tae Hee have purchased "the most expensive apartment in Korea."

According to Biz Report on March 8, back in August, the celebrity couple each purchased a residence at Hannam The Hill located in Yongsan-gu, Seoul. 

Rain reportedly purchased a residence on the 7th floor back on August 10. A week later, Kim Tae Hee reportedly purchased a residence located on the 4th floor of another apartment building. 

Rain signed for jeonse, or lump-sum housing lease at the cost of 3.3 billion KRW (3 million USD). Meanwhile, Kim Tae Hee fully purchased the residence at 4.2 billion KRW (3.7 million USD). 

A rep from Kim Tae Hee's agency commented, "Currently, the two are remodeling and living at a home in Itaewon. Kim Tae Hee's mom lives at Hannam The Hill."

On the reasons for the additional home purchase, both Rain and Kim Tae Hee's agency stated they do not know as it's the artists' personal matter.

Some other residents of Hannam The Hill include BTS, actress Han Hyo Joo, veteran singer Lee Seung Chul, and veteran actor Ahn Sung Ki

source : allkpop

*** 1st Look posted this clip with a message - " Like a boy, he has a youthful appearance, and the editor has coped with the difficult pose he suddenly requested. Check his energy on this video! " He looks young indeed here. It's fantastic! :lol:

• Like 1

On 3/11/2019 at 9:18 AM, willenette said:

*** I hope VIKI can get the license to sub this. RAIN is really like that ever since - He gives 100% to transform into his character whatever role he's into. :lol:

Me too. I think it is now possible to watch it online but in Korean.

I haven't been able to confirm it, but my thinking is it's CGV who brings this movie to Vietnam, the movie will be released in Vietnam from 22 March at most of the major cinema chains: CGV, BHD and Lotte - they all have advertised the movie on their social media. If my deduction is true, maybe CGV will also bring the movie to the countries where they own or partner with cinema chains? (Indonesia? China? Thailand?).

6 minutes ago, hnfragile said:

Me too. I think it is now possible to watch it online but in Korean.

I haven't been able to confirm it, but my thinking is it's CGV who brings this movie to Vietnam, the movie will be released in Vietnam from 22 March at most of the major cinema chains: CGV, BHD and Lotte - they all have advertised the movie on their social media. If my deduction is true, maybe CGV will also bring the movie to the countries where they own or partner with cinema chains? (Indonesia? China? Thailand?).

Hi hnfragile, i guess, so, too but DVD is not available yet in the market, though. Korea doesn't have a huge market for DVD, both for drama/movie. The reason why these aren't automatically released onto those mediums after airing/release. The general timeline is usually after 3-4-months after airing/release & this I'm referring to legitimate releases with English subtitles & not those pirated ones. That's why, most Koreans choose streaming or downloading.  The Producer prefers to sell the rights overseas as that's earning more money for them. :lol: NICE that the movie will be released soon in Vietnam. I hope this will follow to some other countries as well. Wait & see........... :P

5 hours ago, willenette said:

Hi hnfragile, i guess, so, too but DVD is not available yet in the market, though. Korea doesn't have a huge market for DVD, both for drama/movie. The reason why these aren't automatically released onto those mediums after airing/release. The general timeline is usually after 3-4-months after airing/release & this I'm referring to legitimate releases with English subtitles & not those pirated ones. That's why, most Koreans choose streaming or downloading.  The Producer prefers to sell the rights overseas as that's earning more money for them. :lol:NICE that the movie will be released soon in Vietnam. I hope this will follow to some other countries as well. Wait & see........... :P

I agree. The main problem is due to pirating issues streaming/downloading is only available in certain countries :( I don't mind waiting for DVDs as long as they release DVDs, so please, pretty please, pretty pretty please +praying+ :) Anyway, at least the movie has reached one country outside Korea, hope it will go further.

• Like 1