Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

Hi anjjo, "front assignments" meaning all other recruits & those soldiers under your command will be getting orders from you - meaning, everything here will be under your hands when combat arises - This usually happens when you're in an "active-duty soldier", meaning you're on the field & always on assignment instructions from higher ranking. I hope he'll be deployed later on to a lighter load.....Thanks for sharing another version of the clip. Just wondering that I saw here he's leaving riding his white van but how come when he arrived at the camp gate he was in a black van? Ohhh.......maybe he transferred to be with his Dad & Hana after eating their lunch that time. :sweatingbullets:<_<

Hi willenette, thanks for the info. Sounds dangerous but knowing Rain who likes challenges, I hope he will overcome all obstacles that come his way and soon afterwards be given, as you say, a lighter load. :(

In some pics and videos, I have seen trainees with their girlfriends or family members but we never had a glimpse of Rain's dad and Hana. How I wish we can see photos of them when they attended the farewell later. :unsure:

--------------------------------------------------------------

306 Boot Camp and No. 5 Division

2011-10-17

by huhuhuhu@http://rain-cloud.co.kr

I know many of us are heart broken and worried about our prince (myself included). But it is time we put our heavy hearts behind and give all our positive energy to him. Remember “The Secret”!

Thanks to DC and our resourceful Korean fans who have extracted a lot of information about the base where our prince will be serving his country in the next 21 months. Thanks to 卡机马门 http://weibo.com/1802043831 who translated them into Chinese, which allows me to translate/summarize in English. Big thanks to all who have worked diligently to provide as much news and information as possible about our prince!

306 Boot Camp – the winner

http://imnews.imbc.com/player/player_vod_ad1.asp

According to the MBC news above, our prince was hotly sought by the three Forces. The Air Force even tried to request an exemption on the 28 years old age limit for its drafts. (I would have been very happy indeed if such exemption was granted, but alas…) This was hardly surprising to us. Who could be a better ambassador for the South Korean military forces than our prince?

insert_1%281%29.jpg

Many people, who were not fans, were impressed by our prince. They watched the news and the photos and exclaimed that it was an epic. It was like the shooting of a movie. Our prince had once again won the hearts and respect of many people.

insert_2%281%29.jpg

insert_3%282%29.jpg

insert_4%281%29.jpg

There were some interesting titbits. According to Korean fans, the uniform our prince wore was the new style that came out early in the year. When it first appeared, the review was very bad by the Korean men. However after watching our prince, they changed their opinion and said it looked so cool that they even thought about going back to the army…..

insert_5.jpg

insert_6.jpg

While I felt so proud of our prince, I also felt a sharp heart ache looking at his solemn expression, his V shape silhouette… But I will not dwell in negative feelings. I will treasure his transient, subtle smile

insert_7%281%29.jpg

No. 5 Division

On 14 October our prince was chosen as one the representatives to input a number for the random streaming process. A fan attended the assembly and here was her account:

Our prince arrived at the hall at about 8.30 am and sat in the front row on a small stool. His look and his pose were so cool and smart, his clothes and boots were very tidy and clean. But his face almost showed no expression throughout, whereas people surrounding him were all talking cheerfully.

insert_8.jpg

He was clearly the most popular person in the assembly. Whenever he moved, whenever he stood up, the floor clapped their hands and cheered loudly. Our prince turned occasionally to talk to the young men around him, and when they spotted dirt on his beret, they cleaned it for him.

insert_10.jpg

insert_11.jpg

Our prince walked up to input the number when streaming started. He made a mistake the first time. The floor cheered for him to show it was OK. Again our prince showed no expression at all on his face. The floor clapped again when our prince made his salute.

insert_12.jpg.

Our prince seemed to have lost some weight.

According to the news, random computer streaming started in 1994. This was the first time such process was open to the media and the public, as through the World Star, the ministry wanted to demonstrate it was a fair and transparent game. The officer being interviewed stressed that it showed famous artist (like our prince) was treated just the same as all the other drafts. There was no privilege whatsoever.

And the result was our prince was assigned to the No. 5 Division.

http://news.nate.com/view/20111015n04990

The headline of this news: Rain being deployed to the Key Troop, “hard” and the most frontline troop.

The No. 5 Division was known to have very harsh conditions and this worried many of us. It seemed that the facilities were old, water supply was not sufficient. Winter temperature could be as low as –30C. As it was close to the border, heavy patrol was required and this was very demanding on the soldiers. No. 5 Division was also known as the wheelchair division because of the hardship, as a soldier may suffer various degrees of physical damage when he left.

It is disheartening reading all these, but I hope we will keep our faith in our prince. We believe in him, and we believe he will overcome all the hardships, just like he has always done. We believe he will bring positive influence to the place too. There were already stories that the soldiers there all looked forward to meeting him, and that hygiene conditions had improved voluntarily.

We could not send food or other supplies during the training period, but we could send letters. The address should be known very soon so let’s keep writing supportive messages to our prince.

One interesting thing is that our prince has gained many “male” fans/supporters. There were almost 1000 messages posted after the news about the streaming was broadcasted. Many claimed to have come from the No. 5 Division as well and they felt proud to have a world star joining them. They even suggested jokingly No. 5 Division should be named “Famous Brand Division”. Many boasted to their counterparts on the internet that “the world star will be coming from No. 5 Division in future. Do you have a world star in your division?” Some shared their experience and gave positive advice to fans as well as to our prince.

I picked up another one:

http://gall.dcinside.com/list.ph ... &page=5&bbs

This fan’s brother will be in the same division as our prince, and he told his sister the army is so interesting now he doesn’t want to go home even when he has his holidays…

So I am sure our prince will win the hearts of his peers just by being himself. Our best wishes to our prince and all those who have to undergo the hardship at No. 5 Division! Remember to stay positive – our prince will benefit from all the positive energy around him!

I will try to do more translations/summary as they are available.

To our prince – your clouds will be with you, always! Fighting!

insert_14%282%29.jpg

insert_15%282%29.jpg

Hi pluie, it's OK for cutting my post just to make this short - I do it also most of the time. You know, after reading that 'randomly it would be chosen by computer" I was confused as well - Because what I know & these were done with those celebrities in the past & who are currently serving that at least before their enlistment they know where to go except that knowing where to deploy is really known after the basic training. Like the case of JIS, HB, others, they know what Dept. they were heading.............because in the first place you're required to undergo an exam months before your enlistment. Maybe they have new rule now for new recruits...........We'll wait & see. :sweatingbullets:<_<

Hi bbly, this isn't unusual seeing his pictures while he's in the army now - You see, I think we still could get to see more while he's on-training from time to time but when he starts his military service this won't be allowed already unless it's military-related. :sweatingbullets:<_<

pluie, thanks for sharing this news here. :sweatingbullets:<_<

Hi anjjo, "front assignments" meaning all other recruits & those soldiers under your command will be getting orders from you - meaning, everything here will be under your hands when combat arises - This usually happens when you're in an "active-duty soldier", meaning you're on the field & always on assignment instructions from higher ranking. I hope he'll be deployed later on to a lighter load.....Thanks for sharing another version of the clip. Just wondering that I saw here he's leaving riding his white van but how come when he arrived at the camp gate he was in a black van? Ohhh.......maybe he transferred to be with his Dad & Hana after eating their lunch that time. :sweatingbullets:<_<

Thanks Willennette...I guess we'll just have to wait and see...

[Eng Trans]11-10-15 Rain Dad Talk about Rain (From Twitter)

2011-10-16

*quoted image*

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

15.Oct10.11[pic]BI Rain fly : close to the sun on KBS2

2011-10-16

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

source : KBS2 //Weibo/wawalalal@rain-cloud.co.kr

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Full]11-10-14 ETV - Kstar News_Rain enlist to army

2011-10-16

credit : idakoo @ Youku // ratoka @ Youtube

*quoted image*

Ok, I totally agree with Hana here. I understand Rain's dad but at the same time I wish he would control himself a bit and not tell every little emotion public like this as it worries us too. And right now he needs to be strong for his son, so he can be strong.

[Oct-16-2011]<Eng.trans>Rain's younger sister Hana's posts about him on Twitter and Cyworld_"Rain is doing just fine, so please don't worry!!"

<Revised>

*quoted image*

11-10-15 Rain's picture

클릭하시면 확대된 이미지를 보실 수 있습니다.

저번달인가..무슨 행사있어서 나가기전에 ㅋ

멋있다아~ ㅋㅋ

I guess it was more like last month.

He was photographed just before getting out to follow a schedule...ke

So cool~..keke

Credit :daisybong (Rain's sister) @ twitter http://minihp.cyworld.com/svcs/Image.cy/One/21499826?urlstr=phot&tid=21499826&board_no=10&item_seq=543301498&urlstrsub=phot_short

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

11-10-15 Hana Talks about Rain.

*quoted image*.

정지훈 (Jung Ji Hoon = Rain)

오늘 소포가 왔다.

받을때 까지는 아무렇지 않았다가

편지 읽고 울었다. ㅠㅠ

세상에서 제일 사랑하는 동생이라고...ㅠ

근데 울다가 백구 목욕 좀 시키라는 말에 빵 터지고 ㅋㅋ

문단속 잘하고, 밤길조심, 차조심 하라고..

완전 잘 지내고 있으니까 걱정하지 말라고..

어제 사진 보니까 그나마 좀 안심이 됐었는데

편지 보니까 더더 안심이 된다.

워낙 적응도 잘 하고 의지도 강하고 뭐든 잘 해내는 오빠니까~^^

(나와는 다른...ㅠㅠ)

암튼,

팬 여러분 오빠 잘 지내고 있다니까 너무 걱정마세요!!

^_______^

I've got a package (from my brother) today.

I didn't care when I received it, but I read his letter in the parcel and promptly burst into tears..ㅠㅠ

He told me in his letter, "You're my most precious sister in the world"..ㅠ

But soon I burst out laughing at being asked to bathe our Baekgu (is a pet name for their white dog General)...ㅋㅋ

I was told to lock the doors securely, be careful of dark roads, and watch out for cars. And, he added one thing, "I'm all right, so don't worry."

It was reassuring to see his photograph in yesterday's paper.

Now I feel safer, reading the letter.

I believe he'll do well because he is great at acclimating himself to new circumstances and can do it well whatever he does.~^^ (He is not as I am..ㅠㅠ)

Every fan of Rain, it is said he's doing just fine, so please don't worry!!

^_______^

11-10-15 Hana Talks about Rain.

아 여러분 ㅠㅠ 장구니도 잘 챙겨주라고 했어요 ㅋㅋ 목욕 시키라는 말이 웃겨서 깜빡했네요 ㅋㅋㅋ

Ah, everyone..ㅠㅠ He even asked me to take care of our dog Janguny (their family dog General)..keke..

I've forgot to tell you the news for laughing at being asked to bathe Janguny ...kekeke

Credit : daisybong @ twitter

http://minihp.cyworld.com/svcs/Image.cy/one/21499826?item_seq=543296612&urlstr=phot&list_type=1&board_no=10&urlstrsub=phot_short

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

11-10-15 General picture

Credit dasiybong @ twitter

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

All the translations by rain bird.

See, something like that is what we need right now. To be sad and to cry, but at the same time to not forget to smile and to laugh and that life goes on. My appreciation to Hana!

Hi bbly, this isn't unusual seeing his pictures while he's in the army now - You see, I think we still could get to see more while he's on-training from time to time but when he starts his military service this won't be allowed already unless it's military-related. :sweatingbullets:<_<

Ok, so that means after the 8 week training it is over with pictures and media coverage.

Rain dispatched to Division 5 of the front line

*quoted image*

Training soldier Rain has been dispatched to Division 5.

In the grouping session held on October 14th at 8:30AM in the 306th training base, Rain was dispatched to the 5th Division base. This process was openly held, equally applied to all new soldiers entering the army.

The 5th Division that Rain is about to enter is located in Gyeonggi Province, Yeoncheon-gun Sinseo-myeon Daegwang-ri. It is the front lines where the temperature drops to minus 30 degrees in the winter and there is a lot of freezing prevention work to be done.

Rain will be trained for eight weeks at the 5th Division base starting on October 17th.

Rain joined the military on October 11th through Euijungbu base 306. After basic military training for five weeks, he will serve as an active soldier until the 10th of July, 2013.

*quoted image*

Source : news.nate.com/view/20... ( Korean )

Translation : Hancinema

I admit this worries me but at the same time I am grateful that there won't be talks that Rain was treated priviliged. And if I got that right, this also means, that it is only for training he will be there at this rather hard division right? After 8 weeks he can be transfered to somewhere else, I admit that would make me feel better.

'Cloud Letter' section has been newly created on this site.

2011-10-18

by huhuhuhu @http://rain-cloud.co.kr/common/board/content.asp?ref=1760&board_id=b_08042315352775&page=1&search_what=&keyword=

Hi, we're 8th term Cloud executive board.

Today, Lance Corporal 'Jung Ji Hoon (Rain)'s new address you'll send letters on to, has

been opened to the public through portal site Daum's cafe (a sort of blog) created by the

booth camp he belongs to.

But it is inconvenient for overseas members to write to him via the booth camp cafe.

There is "Cloud Letter" at the bottom left-hand corner of this page.

So we suggest that overseas members write to him via "Cloud Letter"

Please use it a lot.

cloud.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

17.0ct10.11[arirangworld]Red carpet scene at the Busan International Film Festival [showbiz Korea]

2011-10-17

This festival is a representative event of Korea and is a must-see for movie lovers. The 2011 Busan International Film Festival commenced successfully, and we could meet top-notch actors on the red carpet. We'll take you to the scene right now!

Red%5Fcarpet%5Fscene%5Fat%5Fthe%5FBusan%5FInternational%5FFilm%5FFestival%5F%5BShowbiz%5FKorea%5D%5F%2D%5FYouTube%2Eflv%5F000283042.jpg

Red%5Fcarpet%5Fscene%5Fat%5Fthe%5FBusan%5FInternational%5FFilm%5FFestival%5F%5BShowbiz%5FKorea%5D%5F%2D%5FYouTube%2Eflv%5F000280458.jpg

Red%5Fcarpet%5Fscene%5Fat%5Fthe%5FBusan%5FInternational%5FFilm%5FFestival%5F%5BShowbiz%5FKorea%5D%5F%2D%5FYouTube%2Eflv%5F000289958.jpg

Red%5Fcarpet%5Fscene%5Fat%5Fthe%5FBusan%5FInternational%5FFilm%5FFestival%5F%5BShowbiz%5FKorea%5D%5F%2D%5FYouTube%2Eflv%5F000072125.jpg

SOURCE : by arirangworld

pic caps by wawalalal/@rain-cloud.co.kr

Hi willenette, thanks for the info. Sounds dangerous but knowing Rain who likes challenges, I hope he will overcome all obstacles that come his way and soon afterwards be given, as you say, a lighter load. :(

In some pics and videos, I have seen trainees with their girlfriends or family members but we never had a glimpse of Rain's dad and Hana. How I wish we can see photos of them when they attended the farewell later. :unsure:

--------------------------------------------------------------

306 Boot Camp and No. 5 Division

2011-10-17

by huhuhuhu@http://rain-cloud.co.kr

I know many of us are heart broken and worried about our prince (myself included). But it is time we put our heavy hearts behind and give all our positive energy to him. Remember “The Secret”!

Thanks to DC and our resourceful Korean fans who have extracted a lot of information about the base where our prince will be serving his country in the next 21 months. Thanks to 卡机马门 http://weibo.com/1802043831 who translated them into Chinese, which allows me to translate/summarize in English. Big thanks to all who have worked diligently to provide as much news and information as possible about our prince!

306 Boot Camp – the winner

http://imnews.imbc.com/player/player_vod_ad1.asp

According to the MBC news above, our prince was hotly sought by the three Forces. The Air Force even tried to request an exemption on the 28 years old age limit for its drafts. (I would have been very happy indeed if such exemption was granted, but alas…) This was hardly surprising to us. Who could be a better ambassador for the South Korean military forces than our prince?

*quoted image*

Many people, who were not fans, were impressed by our prince. They watched the news and the photos and exclaimed that it was an epic. It was like the shooting of a movie. Our prince had once again won the hearts and respect of many people.

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

There were some interesting titbits. According to Korean fans, the uniform our prince wore was the new style that came out early in the year. When it first appeared, the review was very bad by the Korean men. However after watching our prince, they changed their opinion and said it looked so cool that they even thought about going back to the army…..

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

While I felt so proud of our prince, I also felt a sharp heart ache looking at his solemn expression, his V shape silhouette… But I will not dwell in negative feelings. I will treasure his transient, subtle smile

*quoted image*

No. 5 Division

On 14 October our prince was chosen as one the representatives to input a number for the random streaming process. A fan attended the assembly and here was her account:

Our prince arrived at the hall at about 8.30 am and sat in the front row on a small stool. His look and his pose were so cool and smart, his clothes and boots were very tidy and clean. But his face almost showed no expression throughout, whereas people surrounding him were all talking cheerfully.

*quoted image*

He was clearly the most popular person in the assembly. Whenever he moved, whenever he stood up, the floor clapped their hands and cheered loudly. Our prince turned occasionally to talk to the young men around him, and when they spotted dirt on his beret, they cleaned it for him.

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

Our prince walked up to input the number when streaming started. He made a mistake the first time. The floor cheered for him to show it was OK. Again our prince showed no expression at all on his face. The floor clapped again when our prince made his salute.

*quoted image*.

Our prince seemed to have lost some weight.

According to the news, random computer streaming started in 1994. This was the first time such process was open to the media and the public, as through the World Star, the ministry wanted to demonstrate it was a fair and transparent game. The officer being interviewed stressed that it showed famous artist (like our prince) was treated just the same as all the other drafts. There was no privilege whatsoever.

And the result was our prince was assigned to the No. 5 Division.

http://news.nate.com/view/20111015n04990

The headline of this news: Rain being deployed to the Key Troop, “hard” and the most frontline troop.

The No. 5 Division was known to have very harsh conditions and this worried many of us. It seemed that the facilities were old, water supply was not sufficient. Winter temperature could be as low as –30C. As it was close to the border, heavy patrol was required and this was very demanding on the soldiers. No. 5 Division was also known as the wheelchair division because of the hardship, as a soldier may suffer various degrees of physical damage when he left.

It is disheartening reading all these, but I hope we will keep our faith in our prince. We believe in him, and we believe he will overcome all the hardships, just like he has always done. We believe he will bring positive influence to the place too. There were already stories that the soldiers there all looked forward to meeting him, and that hygiene conditions had improved voluntarily.

We could not send food or other supplies during the training period, but we could send letters. The address should be known very soon so let’s keep writing supportive messages to our prince.

One interesting thing is that our prince has gained many “male” fans/supporters. There were almost 1000 messages posted after the news about the streaming was broadcasted. Many claimed to have come from the No. 5 Division as well and they felt proud to have a world star joining them. They even suggested jokingly No. 5 Division should be named “Famous Brand Division”. Many boasted to their counterparts on the internet that “the world star will be coming from No. 5 Division in future. Do you have a world star in your division?” Some shared their experience and gave positive advice to fans as well as to our prince.

I picked up another one:

http://gall.dcinside.com/list.ph ... &page=5&bbs

This fan’s brother will be in the same division as our prince, and he told his sister the army is so interesting now he doesn’t want to go home even when he has his holidays…

So I am sure our prince will win the hearts of his peers just by being himself. Our best wishes to our prince and all those who have to undergo the hardship at No. 5 Division! Remember to stay positive – our prince will benefit from all the positive energy around him!

I will try to do more translations/summary as they are available.

To our prince – your clouds will be with you, always! Fighting!

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

Hi anjjo, I hope the same thing - that we could get to see their photos later on - but at the back of my mind it also says there's a slim chance because we know how protective RAIN is to his family especially to Hana. What do you mean by "farewell"? If you were referring to the "discharge" (this will happen on July 10, 2013) , I hope, because like the opening ceremony this is also open to public, unless he wants his discharge to happen discreetly, there will be nothing special. But if you're referring to the "training graduation, which they call , "releasing and completion ceremony" this couldn’t be open to public due to security aspect. So, the training graduation day is closed for media and fans including family & loved-ones. Thanks for posting here not only the link but the whole article by huhuhuhu................I learned & discover something more.............. :sweatingbullets:<_<

I admit this worries me but at the same time I am grateful that there won't be talks that Rain was treated priviliged. And if I got that right, this also means, that it is only for training he will be there at this rather hard division right? After 8 weeks he can be transfered to somewhere else, I admit that would make me feel better.

Hi bbly, we'll just wait & see for his deployment after his training if he's still be assigned at the same location or not.........If ever, I just hope he could be given a lighter load later on..................my wish..................... :sweatingbullets:

<_<

[10-18] 111011 KBS World_Rain enlisting in the army on spot

Credit: kbsworld // cap by scorpiola // scorpiolabi1 @ youtube

My link

Rain writes the first letter to his sister

2011101813390231156_1.jpg

Singer and actor Rain recently wrote a letter to his younger sister.

On the 15th, Jung Ha Na, Rain’s little sister, posted pictures of a package and letter from Rain on her mini homepage with the comment, “I received a package today. I cried when I read the letter.”

She added, “He said he loves me the most in the world. I was crying but I started laughing when he told me to wash my pet dog. He also told me to make sure to lock up the door, be careful walking at night and a car. He said he is doing great so I don’t have to worry.”

“The letter made me relieved. My brother is strong and he is also good at adjusting. He said he is fine so don’t worry about him too much,” Jung said.

People responded: “Thank you for telling us about him. I’m so happy to hear the good news.” “Please tell us about him often.” “He must be worried about his sister. Thank you for the news!”

Rain joined the Army on the 11th and he was deployed to the five division.

Source: Starnews / korea.com

Hwang Jung-eum, No Min-woo to hold off "Full House" sequel

*quoted image*

Actress Hwang Jung-eum and actor No Min-woo will temporarily hold off on their decision to star in the sequel to 2004 smash hit TV series "Full House."

A press release by the two's agency Core Contents Media said the decision comes due to their difference in opinion with the show's producer.

"We are still talking with the producer but the characters Hwang and No are supposed to play don't go with their images," read the statement.

The original series, starring singer-actor Jung Ji-hoon and actress Song Hye-kyo, was based on 16-volume comic series by Won Soo-yeon which was popular among Korean readers from when it started to be published in 1994.

No, who debuted in 2004, made his name known more recently through TV series "Pasta" (MBC, 2010) and "Midas" (SBS, 2011).

Hwang, debuted as a singer in 2002 but gained recognition after appearing in MBC reality show "We are Married" in 2009 with her boyfriend Kim Yong-joon of male group SG Wannabe.

Her last acting gig was in MBC TV series "Listen to My Heart" this year with actors Kim Jae-won and Namgung Min.

Source: 10.asiae.co.kr

Noh Min-woo and Hwang Jung-eum un-confirm Full House 2

by javabeans | October 13, 2011

javabeans: Okay, the news is that this casting for Full House 2 has been deferred, not outright cancelled. But with Noh Min-woo signing onto a different series and Hwang Jung-eum enjoying such a rise in popularity, I don’t know if they’ll stick around indefinitely for a drama that’s been “in the works” for basically seven years.

girlfriday: I knew it was a fat chance in hell that drama would get its act together.

javabeans: I was actually more surprised at the idea that it would go through as planned. Plus, word is that Noh and Hwang had a “big difference of opinion” with producers regarding the characters and the show.

girlfriday: Oh, that’s not a good sign, from the get-go.

javabeans: Or maybe the vampire love just seduced Noh Min-woo away. It can be pretty persuasive, I hear.

girlfriday: Dude, it’s a better drama. At least I think so.

javabeans: …having seen neither, you mean?

girlfriday: Yes, exactly. Don’t you think he was born to play a vampire?

javabeans: Well, yes. Clearly.

girlfriday: I honestly didn’t even like him until he did Rock, Rock, Rock. I used to think he was…

javabeans: A talentless pretty boy with a bad haircut? He was SO STIFF as Gumiho Hunter.

girlfriday: He was downright constipated.

javabeans: This just goes to show how important good casting is. It’s like Park Shi-yeon in Coffee House for me.

*quoted image*

girlfriday: I look forward to many many episodes of him rockin’ out, which is clearly his forte. Not that I don’t think he could branch out. I didn’t catch Midas (it bored the crap out of me), but it’s not a stretch for him to play the pretty playboy. What concerns me about this drama is not so much the cast, but the been-there-done-that-ness of the story.

javabeans: If it’s too much like Full House, then we’ll be bored to tears. If it’s not at all like Full House…then what’s the point?

girlfriday: Right? So then why even bother calling it Refill House, if it’s just going to be like any other drama that has totally new characters with a Full-House-esque plot?

javabeans: Ugh, I just had a thought: Totally new cast, new story, same damn house. That’s what they’re gonna do, aren’t they?

girlfriday: Pwahaha. That hadn’t even occurred to me. Oh sigh.

javabeans: How’re you gonna cheat the heroine out of her family home this time, drama? Let me guess: She has these friends…

girlfriday: Or maybe this one’ll have a degenerate father or a really bad cousin who gambles away the house

javabeans: An irresponsible fourth cousin twice removed?

girlfriday: Yes, who HAPPENS to come upon her house deed, just lying about, as deeds are wont to do.

javabeans: He could steal her seal, all 49 Days-like.

girlfriday: And then BAM! French maid outfit. No, wait… why’s she gotta be the maid? How ‘bout this time, it’s reversed, and the hero loses the house and ends up as the houseboy!

javabeans: And she’s the big movie star? Wait, they did that in Star’s Lover. But this time it won’t be a tearjerker.

girlfriday: What, you’re asking a drama that calls itself Full House 2 to be original?

javabeans: Touché.

Via Star News//dramabeans

anjjo, yep……. Noh Min Woo and Hwang Jung Eum anymore because I read they opted out of the production. The rumor is saying that the reason for their leaving is the characters didn’t work well with their images. So, they decided to postpone filming as well while the production is waiting for the lead for this drama. :D

*** Awww...........this is really sweet of RAIN! Oh..........I miss RAIN! After reading this, I cried but it made my day! Maybe it's so nice to have an elder brother. As what I've said earlier, I hope she shares often. I hope & pray RAIN is doing well in his training right now. I know he would! And I know they have such a sweet relationship as oppa and dongsaeng. She is so lucky to have a brother like Rain. :sweatingbullets:<_<

Rain’s little sister reveals his first letter from the army

2011101813390231156_1.jpg?time=194733

Rain‘s younger sister updated her minihompy recently, and shared a letter from Rain with his fans.

On October 15th, Rain’s sister, Jung Hana, revealed that she received a package and a letter from her famous big brother. She wrote, “A package came today. I didn’t have any thoughts about it since receiving it but after reading the letter, I cried. He wrote, ‘You are my most loved sibling in the world’…He also told me to give Baekgu [his dog] a bath which caused me to laugh hysterically. Haha. He said, ‘Lock your doors, be careful at night, be careful of cars’…I’m doing really well so I told him not to worry.”

She later added, “I feel more secure because of his letter. Even so, he naturally adapts to things well and his will is strong. He’s the kind of oppa that does everything well!…Anyway, to all of his fans: oppa is doing well so don’t worry about him too much.”

Relieved, fans responded, “Thank you for telling us this news! I’m glad to hear he’s doing well”, “Please keep us updated often about any news from him!”, and “You must have worried a lot since you’re his little sister! Thank you for keeping the fans updated!”

Source: Star News / allkpop

Hi anjjo, I hope the same thing - that we could get to see their photos later on - but at the back of my mind it also says there's a slim chance because we know how protective RAIN is to his family especially to Hana. What do you mean by "farewell"? If you were referring to the "discharge" (this will happen on July 10, 2013) , I hope, because like the opening ceremony this is also open to public, unless he wants his discharge to happen discreetly, there will be nothing special. But if you're referring to the "training graduation, which they call , "releasing and completion ceremony" this couldn’t be open to public due to security aspect. So, the training graduation day is closed for media and fans including family & loved-ones. Thanks for posting here not only the link but the whole article by huhuhuhu................I learned & discover something more.............. :sweatingbullets:<_<

Hi willenette, in that case that the only event that can be opened to the public, and as you say, is the discharge ceremony, I hope Rain will not take that away from his fans and share it with them (us) with his presence and attendance and like the opening be broadcasted all over the world, but dear, that's still very far (July 10, 2013) so as of now, we'll just be satisfied with the tweets from his family and whatever the press can feed us. :D I appreciate that you are giving us infos about military service in Korea.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Rain picture

credit : DC

pic.jpg

'Cloud Letter' section has been newly created on this site.

2011-10-18

by huhuhuhu @http://rain-cloud.co.kr/common/board/content.asp?ref=1760&board_id=b_08042315352775&page=1&search_what=&keyword=

Today, Lance Corporal 'Jung Ji Hoon (Rain)'s new address you'll send letters on to, has

been opened to the public through portal site Daum's cafe (a sort of blog) created by the

booth camp he belongs to.

But it is inconvenient for overseas members to write to him via the booth camp cafe.

There is "Cloud Letter" at the bottom left-hand corner of this page.

So we suggest that overseas members write to him via "Cloud Letter"

Please use it a lot.

*quoted image*

I am grateful to huhuhuhu, really! Since she is involved a bit in the Cloud site, we have more english translations of things.

Hi bbly, we'll just wait & see for his deployment after his training if he's still be assigned at the same location or not.........If ever, I just hope he could be given a lighter load later on..................my wish..................... :sweatingbullets:

<_<

So there might be chances him serving at the same location where he does his training? God, I hope that won't be the case!

Rain writes the first letter to his sister

*quoted image*

Singer and actor Rain recently wrote a letter to his younger sister.

On the 15th, Jung Ha Na, Rain’s little sister, posted pictures of a package and letter from Rain on her mini homepage with the comment, “I received a package today. I cried when I read the letter.”

She added, “He said he loves me the most in the world. I was crying but I started laughing when he told me to wash my pet dog. He also told me to make sure to lock up the door, be careful walking at night and a car. He said he is doing great so I don’t have to worry.”

“The letter made me relieved. My brother is strong and he is also good at adjusting. He said he is fine so don’t worry about him too much,” Jung said.

People responded: “Thank you for telling us about him. I’m so happy to hear the good news.” “Please tell us about him often.” “He must be worried about his sister. Thank you for the news!”

Rain joined the Army on the 11th and he was deployed to the five division.

Source: Starnews / korea.com

I am really thankful to Hana for being so sweet and sharing with us this cute story! I totally agree with her that Rain is strong and he will be fine because he has the will for it.

Hi willenette, in that case that the only event that can be opened to the public, and as you say, is the discharge ceremony, I hope Rain will not take that away from his fans and share it with them (us) with his presence and attendance and like the opening be broadcasted all over the world, but dear, that's still very far (July 10, 2013) so as of now, we'll just be satisfied with the tweets from his family and whatever the press can feed us. :D I appreciate that you are giving us infos about military service in Korea.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Rain picture

credit : DC

*quoted image*

Hi anjjo, thanks for posting the photo but too bad why can't view it, huh? Is it just me? :)

*** All the (3) networks had videos of him during his enlistment, from the time of the opening ceremony, the lecture session & through the random computer streaming. :sweatingbullets:<_<

[10-18] 11-10-18 MBC - Entertainment Plus _Rain enlisted to army

credit : rainalu@Youku // ratoka @ YT

My link

[Oct-19-2011]<Eng.trans> Rain's sister Hana talks about him.

1J543EB2_normal.jpg

jjooya1213 Sun-joo Yim

@

@daisybong 그럼... 저혼자.... 하나님을 여동생처럼 생각...ㅋㅋㅋ 또 어줍짢은 고백하고 있다며 ㅋㅋㅋ

Favorite Retweet Reply

Was I momentarily under the illusion that you (hana) were my younger sister? kekeke

The situation in this ridiculous confession is very embarrassing.. kekeke

image_normal.jpg

daisybong marciahana

@

@jjooya1213 ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ 이젠 늦은거겠죠? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

Favorite Retweet Reply

»

kekekekekeke..Is it too late to do that? kekekekeke

1J543EB2_normal.jpg

jjooya1213 Sun-joo Yim

@

@daisybong 맘씨 이쁜 여동생이라니까요ㅡㅎㅎ 아.. 나두 여동새앵ㅡㅋㅋ

He has a younger sister having a good heart - haha..

I think of her as a sister.ㅡ keke

image_normal.jpg

daisybong marciahana

오빠한테 편지쓴다고 오늘 예쁜 편지지 사왔는데 .......4장 다 날려버림 ㅠㅠ 머리와 손이 따로놀아 ㅠ 그래서 어제 사다놓은 편지지로 편지썼당 ㅎ 오빠한테 보내줄 핸드크림,풋크림,립밤,밴드도 다 오늘 사왔는데 ..빨리 주고싶다 필요할텐데..

Favorite Retweet Reply

I've bought a packet of letters (four-piece set) to write to oppa (her brother Rain) today, .but I've run out of them.. ㅠㅠ My body has hard time keeping up with my mind..ㅠ..So I've written a letter to him on the letter paper I bought and came home yesterday.

I hope goods such as hand cream, foot cream, lip balm, band and more I've bought today will be delivered to him as quickly as possible as he's going to need them.

Source : http://twitter.com/#!/daisybong

English translation by rain bird.

[article] ROK Army Primer: Possible training for Rain and new recruits?

sub06_01_img05.gif?w=165&h=238

— Written by: Stephe Thornton, Managing Editor ^@@^

[Cloud USA 10/18/2011] Here we are, exactly one week from the day that South Korean singer, dancer, actor, honorary ambassador and mega-entertainer Rain (real name, JiHoon Jung) passed through the Uijeongbu 306 Reserve Troop Battalion gate and officially became a recruit in the Republic of Korea military, like many of his celebrity colleagues before him.

Tears and cheers of pride were released by his family, close friends, and fans there and in many countries, including the U.S., as he waved farewell on October 11 for 21 months. As we understand it, his military discharge date will be July 10, 2013.

Since then, JiHoon has been assigned to Unit KEY of the 6th Corps’ Division No. 5 for basic training, and relocated to his eight-week boot camp this past Friday in Yeoncheon-gun (Yeoncheon County), GyeongGi-do (GyeongGi Province). Incidentally, the State of Mexico, and the U.S. states of Virginia, Utah, and Florida are a few of GyeongGi’s sister provinces. The city of Incheon is located on the coast of GyeongGi, and capital city Seoul lies in its very heart.

Basic training officially began Monday the 17th. On or around December 12, after basic is done, JiHoon and his recruit-mates will be given their proper duty assignments and locations and will begin their military service in earnest.

This, from the official Republic of Korea Army website, is a schedule that tentatively outlines the training regimen of ROKA recruits. This general information is listed on a public page on their Korean site, which is why I am comfortable sharing it here, and may differ from camp to camp. The half-hour difference in the two time periods may be due to the season (summer or winter).

ROKA Training Period, Recruits

6:00 to 8:30 am Wake up, Roll Call, Breakfast

8:30 to 11:40 am Training

Lunch 11:40 to 13:00 (1:00 pm)

13:00 to 16:10 (4:10 pm) Education

16:10 to 20:00 (8 pm) Fitness, dinner, free time

20:00 to 21:50 (9:50 pm) Home Affairs education, creating discipline record (writing), roll call

22:00 to 6:00 (10 pm to 6 am) sleeping

6:30 to 9:00 am Wake up, Roll Call, Breakfast

9:00 to 12:10 Training

Lunch 12:10 to 13:20 (1:20 pm)

13:20 to 16:30 (4:30 pm) Training

16:30 to 20:00 (8 pm) Fitness, dinner, free time

20:00 to 21:50 (9:50 pm) Home Affairs education, creating discipline record (writing), roll call.

22:00 to 06:30 (10 pm to 6:30 am) sleeping

Also mentioned were subjects of study such as military courtesy, gymnastics, Taekwondo, shooting, marching, guerrilla weaponry, chemical weaponry, first aid and physical fitness tests. It’s not clear if these additional subjects are covered in boot camp or if they come along for the recruits after basic is finished up. But either way, JiHoon/Rain’s Taekwondo studies from his early 20s, his leading role as a K-1 fighter in drama A Love To Kill, his training as a stunt man for his leading role in the Warner Bros. movie Ninja Assassin (2009), and his seven months training as a fighter pilot for his lead role in upcoming Korean blockbuster Flight: Close To The Sun (비상 [飛上]: 태양가까이) should serve him very well.

Alcohol, tobacco, telephones, and visitations are not allowed, of course. Giving up smoking seems to be strongly recommended.

On the ROKA English site, I “met” Hogugy, who is the main character in the ROK Army’s cast of emblems. Hogugy symbolizes the Korean peninsula, patriotism, and Korea’s sacred animal, the tiger. His gesture expresses how the ROKA is headed toward the future.

No one but the ROKA and the recruits themselves truly know their schedules and training. But we on the outside can have somewhat of an idea of what’s in store for them, send up prayers for their safety, and cheer them on.

— Stephe @cloudusa.wordpress.com / www.cloudusa.org

Source: www.army.mil.kr / CloudUSA

Tip: Kongsao, himechandayo

Keep Calm and Wait for Rain

WaitingforRain%2E1.jpg

Credit : AddictedToRain - rain-cloud.co.kr/

[Cloud Notice: Clouds’ Heartfelt Gifts to RAIN for MS]

http://rain-cloud.co.kr/common/board/content.asp?ref=4358&board_id=b_08062719294427&page=1&search_what=&keyword=

A postscript : The goods prepared by the Cloud side were carried to

RAIN as we had hoped.

We were concerned about his undergoing military discipline as the

weather condition has gone cold all of a sudden.

Luckily and happily, the goods prepared by the Cloud side were carried

to him as we had hoped and he was seen wearing the wrist watch on the

day of his being called into the Booth Camp #306.

We left funny messages on all the goods to let him know that we are

waiting for him, presenting some major tips on current military soldiers.

* The goods carried to RAIN as follows:-

A total of 15 goods - Digital watch, form cleansing, hand cream,

lip balm, sun cream, pad to stop the propagation of blisters,

air heel insert, medicine to aid digestion, nail clippers,

Doctor Broners (body shower), wet tissue paper, moist tissue,

and light pen.

How about preparing such goods that he needs in the military and sending them to him in the future, too?

The details of the goods are in the pictures below.

Thank you.

Kindly translated by화니…

CloudsGifts1.jpg

CloudsGifts2.jpg

CloudsGifts3.jpg

CloudsGifts4.jpg

~☆~★정말 감사합니다★~☆~

☆Divine Light Surrounds RAIN☆

☆Divine Love Enfolds RAIN☆

☆Divine Power Protects RAIN☆

☆Divine Presence Watches Over RAIN☆

☆Divine Source will BI wherever RAIN is☆&

☆All will BI WELL☆

♥♥♥CLOUDs always ONE with RAIN♥Forever♥영원히♥♥♥

#WaitingForRAIN

^^PrayForRAINdaily^^

19th October 2011

Credit : RoseHoong - rain-cloud.co.kr/

Letter from Rain to his sister revealed

446f85642630e078f337ffd5b991c253.jpg

The first letter that singer Rain (real name Jung Jihoon, 29) sent to his little sister since he entered the army has been revealed. On October 15th his sister, Jung Hana, posted a photo of the letter and parcel that her brother had sent to her, further describing the letter's contents roughly.

She said on her minihompy, "A parcel came today. I was okay all the way, but started crying as soon as I read the letter."

"It was addressed 'To the sister I love the most in this world.' I laughed so much when he told me to wash up after crying. Haha. He also said to make sure to fasten the doors, to be careful while walking on the streets at night, and to drive safely... he's doing well in camp, so not to worry about him."

She added, "I feel more at ease now that I've received his letter. My brother is someone who adapts well, has a strong will and is good at everything he does! Anyway, to all my brother's fans, he's doing well in camp so please don't worry."

Fans who saw her entry commented, "Thank you for sharing this news! Thank goodness he's fine," "Please keep us updated!", and "You must be so worried since you're his sister! Thank you for sharing the news with us fans."

bi2.jpg

Source: Star News / koreaboo

RAIN's first letter to his little sister from the military. What a sweetheart!

rain_army_uniform3-e1318556672307.jpg

Singer Rain (legal name Jung Ji Hoon) sent a letter to his little sister for the first time since his enlistment.

On October 15th, Rain’s little sister Jung Hana revealed a package and a letter that was sent by Rain through her mini homepage.

Jung Hana said, “Got a package today. Until I got it I was fine then I cried reading the letter”, expressing how much she misses him.

rain_letter_to_sister.jpg

Jung Hana relayed more of the letter from Rain saying, ” I cried when he wrote ‘My little sister whom I love the most’ then he had me break into a laughter when he told me to give Baekgu (Rain’s dog) a bath. He also said, ‘mind the doors, be careful at night and be careful with the cars. I am totally doing well so don’t worry’”.

Jung Hana also said, “With the letter, I feel more relieved. Oppa adapts to things well and has a strong will, so all his fans, don’t worry too much about him”.

Netizen reactions to the news of Rain’s letter include: “Such a thoughtful oppa to the little sister”, “I envy his sister for receiving Rain’s letter”, and “Please tell us of Rain’s news now and then”.

Rain has joined the army on October 11th and has finished 4 day of training before officially being placed.

Source: TV Daily via Nate / kpopfever

Sweet how Hana shares those kind of stories and that she sends some things to her brother.

[Cloud Notice: Clouds’ Heartfelt Gifts to RAIN for MS]

http://rain-cloud.co.kr/common/board/content.asp?ref=4358&board_id=b_08062719294427&page=1&search_what=&keyword=

A postscript : The goods prepared by the Cloud side were carried to

RAIN as we had hoped.

We were concerned about his undergoing military discipline as the

weather condition has gone cold all of a sudden.

Luckily and happily, the goods prepared by the Cloud side were carried

to him as we had hoped and he was seen wearing the wrist watch on the

day of his being called into the Booth Camp #306.

We left funny messages on all the goods to let him know that we are

waiting for him, presenting some major tips on current military soldiers.

* The goods carried to RAIN as follows:-

A total of 15 goods - Digital watch, form cleansing, hand cream,

lip balm, sun cream, pad to stop the propagation of blisters,

air heel insert, medicine to aid digestion, nail clippers,

Doctor Broners (body shower), wet tissue paper, moist tissue,

and light pen.

How about preparing such goods that he needs in the military and sending them to him in the future, too?

The details of the goods are in the pictures below.

Thank you.

Kindly translated by화니…

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

~☆~★정말 감사합니다★~☆~

☆Divine Light Surrounds RAIN☆

☆Divine Love Enfolds RAIN☆

☆Divine Power Protects RAIN☆

☆Divine Presence Watches Over RAIN☆

☆Divine Source will BI wherever RAIN is☆&

☆All will BI WELL☆

♥♥♥CLOUDs always ONE with RAIN♥Forever♥영원히♥♥♥

#WaitingForRAIN

^^PrayForRAINdaily^^

19th October 2011

Credit : RoseHoong - rain-cloud.co.kr/

I thought they can't have personal belongings like this while in the army, I am confused. And that watch was already given to Rain before so that's why he was wearing it? What a sweetheart!

[Oct-19-2011]<Eng.trans> Rain's sister Hana talks about him.

*quoted image*

jjooya1213 Sun-joo Yim

@

@daisybong 그럼... 저혼자.... 하나님을 여동생처럼 생각...ㅋㅋㅋ 또 어줍짢은 고백하고 있다며 ㅋㅋㅋ

Favorite Retweet Reply

Was I momentarily under the illusion that you (hana) were my younger sister? kekeke

The situation in this ridiculous confession is very embarrassing.. kekeke

*quoted image*

daisybong marciahana

@

@jjooya1213 ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ 이젠 늦은거겠죠? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

Favorite Retweet Reply

»

kekekekekeke..Is it too late to do that? kekekekeke

*quoted image*

jjooya1213 Sun-joo Yim

@

@daisybong 맘씨 이쁜 여동생이라니까요ㅡㅎㅎ 아.. 나두 여동새앵ㅡㅋㅋ

He has a younger sister having a good heart - haha..

I think of her as a sister.ㅡ keke

*quoted image*

daisybong marciahana

오빠한테 편지쓴다고 오늘 예쁜 편지지 사왔는데 .......4장 다 날려버림 ㅠㅠ 머리와 손이 따로놀아 ㅠ 그래서 어제 사다놓은 편지지로 편지썼당 ㅎ 오빠한테 보내줄 핸드크림,풋크림,립밤,밴드도 다 오늘 사왔는데 ..빨리 주고싶다 필요할텐데..

Favorite Retweet Reply

I've bought a packet of letters (four-piece set) to write to oppa (her brother Rain) today, .but I've run out of them.. ㅠㅠ My body has hard time keeping up with my mind..ㅠ..So I've written a letter to him on the letter paper I bought and came home yesterday.

I hope goods such as hand cream, foot cream, lip balm, band and more I've bought today will be delivered to him as quickly as possible as he's going to need them.

Source : http://twitter.com/#!/daisybong

English translation by rain bird.

Hi willenette, thanks for posting this. Hana is so sweet and lovingly prepared and sent these items that his brother needs.

19.Oct10.11[twitter]Hana BI Rain sister 'Prepared, one by one!'

RT@daisybong 하나씩 하나씩 준비! http://yfrog.com/mftrfyoj http://yfrog.com/nyp1eapj http://yfrog.com/nw83dnoj http://yfrog.com/nt62596708j

Prepared, one by one!

trfyo.jpg

83dno.jpg

62596708.jpg

p1eap.jpg

credit:wawalalal@rain-cloud.co.kr

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rain 1st Look picture

2011-10-20

credit DC/ratoka@rain-cloud.co.kr

2a.PNG

1a.PNG

3a.PNG

Sweet how Hana shares those kind of stories and that she sends some things to her brother.

I thought they can't have personal belongings like this while in the army, I am confused. And that watch was already given to Rain before so that's why he was wearing it? What a sweetheart!

Hi bbly, only unnecessary items like mobile phones, MP3, jewelries, cigarettes are prohibited inside the army. That's why, on the Day 1 inside the camp, all these items you brought in are returned back home. :)

Hi willenette, thanks for posting this. Hana is so sweet and lovingly prepared and sent these items that his brother needs.

19.Oct10.11[twitter]Hana BI Rain sister 'Prepared, one by one!'

RT@daisybong 하나씩 하나씩 준비! http://yfrog.com/mftrfyoj http://yfrog.com/nyp1eapj http://yfrog.com/nw83dnoj http://yfrog.com/nt62596708j

Prepared, one by one!

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

credit:wawalalal@rain-cloud.co.kr

Hi anjjo, thanks for posting all the goods that Hana sent to RAIN. She's such a sweet sister. :)

*** RAIN is currently on his basic training...............After weeks of training, he’ll be given a leave or day-off for some days before he begins his military service. And after serving 100 days inside the army, he’ll be granted another vacation for about 1-week to spend this with his loved-ones. There’s a standard 35 days of leave given to ordinary soldiers. But special considerations are allowed for celebrity soldiers. The reason why celebrities receive more vacation days than ordinary soldiers is because they’re often required to participate in a wide variety of activities in promoting the Korean military overseas. Currently, well-known TV entertainers who are asked to participate in the military's public relations campaigns get more rewards. Under this system, the more events an enlisted man participates in, the more rewards he receives. This cause a problem to so many that’s why they’re considering ways now to make the system more fair. :)

********************************************************************************************

Rain says he will do his best to get a reward vacation

20111020_1319069124_86189200_1.jpg

Singer and actor Rain’s last pictorial before he joined the Army will be released.

Rain shot a pictorial for the magazine 1st Look a few days before he joined the Army. Rain looked like a comfortable and natural man rather than a fancy worldwide star.

He also gave an interview and talked about his past starting from his debut, all the way to his success.

Rain says, “I feel like the first part of my career is done. In my twenties, life was a marathon. I ran without any breaks and I did my best all the time so I don’t have any regrets.”

He adds, “I feel sorry that I’m joining the Army late. I will have time to look back on my life while I’m in the Army.”

Rain defines himself as a man of industry rather than a genius. He says, “I will do my best to get a reward vacation in the Army.”

Rain’s pictorial will be released on the 20th.

Source: TV Report / korea.com