Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

Rain to hold Xmas concert in Las Vegas

2009110518554083575_1.jpg

Pop singer Rain [J.Tune Entertainment]

Asian pop sensation Rain will hold a concert in the United States over Christmas, according to his agency on Thursday.

"He will hold concerts at a hotel in Las Vegas on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day," an official at J.Tune Entertainment said, adding that all the details have been agreed upon and are about to sign the contract.

The official added that the show will take on a similar format from his "Legend of Rainism" tour this year.

Rain will be performing for the first time in three years in the U.S. after holding his first concert at New York's Madison Square Garden in February 2006 and in Las Vegas in December the same year.

The 27-year-old singer, whose real name is Jung Ji-hoon, has been one of the most successful celebrities in the entertainment industry since his debut in 2002.

His singing career has gained him massive popularity throughout Asia and he also appeared in several movies and TV series -- most notably dramas "Full House" and "Sang Doo! Let's Go To School." He recently starred in a Wachowski Brothers production "Ninja Assassin", which is set for a worldwide release in late November.

Reporter : Park Kun-ouc kun1112@asiae.co.kr

Editor : Jessica Kim jesskim@asiae.co.kr

<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>

Guest tyty6_7

"Our role model is Rain, our aim this year is the 'Rookie of the Year' award

"To be honest with you, we are under a lot of pressure. Even though we were lucky to be produced by Rain sunbaenim, if we do something wrong, it means that we'd be putting him to shame. So in order not to disappoint anyone, we're trying more than our best whenever we're on stage." (Lee Joon)

Like teacher, like student. Every word that the members of MBLAQ said were filled with passion and strength. Their average age is 20.8 years old. Even though there were some members who could be seen as a 'boy', their determination towards music was so veteran-like.

5 "Rains" have fallen to the world of music. They are Seungho (Yang Seungho, 22), G.O. (Jung Byunghee, 22), Lee Joon (Lee Changsun, 21), Mir (Bang Chulyong, 19) and Chun Doong (Park Sanghyun, 20).

When MBLAQ are on stage, 'Rain' is clearly visible. With their muscular bodies, there is only one word that could describe their performance and that is 'powerful'. The person watching the performance of their hip-hop-influenced song 'Oh Yeah' can only stand and watch in awe.

But their journey towards debut wasn't easy. After endless amount of years as trainees, they started training as MBLAQ a year ago. But Rain's lashing continued.

"In terms of dancing, Rain wants us to to the impossible moves straightaway so it was hard. He's a perfectionist. But I think this gave us the skill of preseverance and trying until we can do something. There are lots of unpredictable situations that could happen on stage but he has given us the power to improvise." (Seungho)

"There was a time when I didn't prepare what he told me to prepare and I seriously got told off. He told us whether we only wanted to release a memorabila album then spend our time being jealous of other singers on TV, and if we didn't want that to happen to us, then we were going to have to try harder. I think he wanted to release the passion in us. Thinking about it now, I think it was a good catalyst." (G.O.

MBLAQ has taken the 'strong performance' approach, separating them from other new idol groups such as Beast. Like "Bad Guy", "How to avoid the Sun" and "Rainism" which consolidated his strong image, Rain has expressed that he wants a strong image unique to MBLAQ.

"If you only look at the melody of "Oh Yeah", it's not normal. I think you can get the real flavour of the song only if you look at the performance whilst listening to it. I think that the advantage us that we do acrobatics and make the performance as strong as possible so that the people watching won't get bored." (Mir)

Even though MBLAQ is a "Beast Idol" similar to 2PM, they are preparing for a different image in the follow-up song 'Good Luv'. They have said that they will turn into the typical 'cute' idol.

"Our aim as a group is to get the 'Rookie of the Year' award. It's not self-admiration, but because we tried our hardest it's a confidence that we have. I think it's important to always show that we're trying hard." (Seungho)

"Our aim is to get closer and closer to Rain." (Lee Joon)

CREDITS: BLAQ'n'white@mblaqattack.com (translation) + SPN E-daily (source)

I wonder if anyone remember the above post - last time it was reported that Rain index for perfect body proportion

was 8.8 (I don' know exactly how they come up with that number, but it means uri Bi is close to perfect). I wonder if the

index increases or decreases??? :lol:

I`s obvious that the index increases as Rain is like wine :P

But if I had to choose the best part of his body I would pick his nose. I love broken noses :D (I know I`m weird)

Ninja Assassin After alll...It is Rain

Kicia, still remember what I said you before. hhaha, I think his eyes that time even more in this clip above.

Still rememeber Thu :D It`s not easy to work with a cold perfectionist... Poor boys.

@English teacher: sorry, but am I the only one who thinks she looks scary? Yes, she is pretty but she looks so artificial (surgery?). Who cares if she is beautiful or not, apparently she wasn't a good teacher otherwise we wouldn't have discussions here about Rain's English skills and won't be worrying about him and how he will handle the interviews in the US.

Bbly, I had to laugh out loud reading this :lol: Yes, apparently we wouldn`t talk about JiHoon`s English skills if she was a better teacher :D Maybe love between student and teacher would change it???

And now an official statement: Rain has got fans with the most adorable kids in the world :P

This girl is absolutely unique :D Little ninja :lol:

Check the vid below:

Halloween Ninja Assassin Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4hbSB3kDtM

cr: mprgold@youtube

Guest angelordevil

Thanks tyty6_7 for sharing it.

I think beside MBLAQ, a lot of artist want to become like Rain.

Kicia: thanks for a clip

so cute,I laugh a lot when watching it. I think whole the author will watch NA on Thankgiving's day hehe

@bbly: haha, I laughed a lot when reading your comment.

yeah maybe you're right.

by the way tomorrow NA will have the first premiere in CGV's theater , so anybody guess who will come???

I'm very looking forward it.

@deka_if: thank you for sharing it.

Guest tyty6_7

I`s obvious that the index increases as Rain is like wine :P

But if I had to choose the best part of his body I would pick his nose. I love broken noses :D (I know I`m weird)

I like your wierd taste...hehehehe.....

Anyway, I dont know about the index thing... but I love his lips the most...which makes me want to kiss him whennever I saw his close-up face...hehehe...

Angelordevil... I thought the premier would be for the asian media...?... If they have some bad review, hope that they will reveal it after the movie released....cause some of the U.S critical reviews already turned down the hypes of the crowds for the movie .. I dont want to get more heart-broken...

Guest angelordevil

I like your wierd taste...hehehehe.....

Anyway, I dont know about the index thing... but I love his lips the most...which makes me want to kiss him whennever I saw his close-up face...hehehe...

Angelordevil... I thought the premier would be for the asian media...?... If they have some bad review, hope that they will reveal it after the movie released....cause some of the U.S critical reviews already turned down the hypes of the crowds for the movie .. I dont want to get more heart-broken...

yeah tyty6_7, as a schedule release some days ago

November 6th: Firt premier NA in CGV theater

November 9th: First premier pres confress ( meet asia media )

so I guess beside asian media, will have some other artist :rolleyes:

Sneak Preview on Ninja Assassin in Singapore (18 Nov 09)

---- The best part is the question :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

20091105_6507af2e2bf72faf35171aGjWkSyDM7K.jpg

source: rainhk

New picture taken in French Alps (Six to Five)

1.jpg

credit: sizuku219

New Nature Republic pics

n3.JPG

20091104_54d3844450b29acadd9cK4uqPQxVEoPm.jpg

cap by ratoka

from rain-cloud// rain germany

New Lotte dfs pics

l2.jpg

l12-1.jpg

About the pics below I don`t remember if they were posted before or not...

l10.jpg

l11.jpg

l8.jpg

l9.jpg

source: lottedfs

More New Nature Republic Pics

Some of them are just in better quality

n4.jpg

cap by ratoka

from rain-cloud// rain germany

200911_05_05_c0047605_6183781.jpg

200911_05_05_c0047605_6184840.jpg

credit: koushuitang

re-posted: memo rain blog// rain germany

Some new pictures of Rain taken in French Alps (Six to Five)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Rain World family mart new picture

mart1.jpg

mart2.jpg

credit: rain-angel

@bambiina: You speak out the words that I am living girl. Who needs a bf or gf to be happy? Happiness must come from inside of us. Yeah, sure it's nice to have a partner to share but a partner won't make you 100% happy or takes away your loneliness. OMG, I sound like a therapist now loooooooool!!!!!

@Kicia: broken nose? I didn't know that Rain had a broken nose. How you can see or recognize that?

@NA premiere: so the first premiere is tomorrow? Ohhhh, getting all excited here.

http://i886.photobucket.com/albums/ac67/st1986rita/4.jpg

Hahahahaaa just adorable! Give the kid his toy back. Just look at that cute face!!!

http://i886.photobucket.com/albums/ac67/st...605_6184840.jpg

Don't know but I just love the way Rain touches slightly the face of the girl (btw, she is gorgeous!).

@bambiina: You speak out the words that I am living girl. Who needs a bf or gf to be happy? Happiness must come from inside of us. Yeah, sure it's nice to have a partner to share but a partner won't make you 100% happy or takes away your loneliness. OMG, I sound like a therapist now loooooooool!!!!!

@Kicia: broken nose? I didn't know that Rain had a broken nose. How you can see or recognize that?

@NA premiere: so the first premiere is tomorrow? Ohhhh, getting all excited here.

http://i886.photobucket.com/albums/ac67/st1986rita/4.jpg

Hahahahaaa just adorable! Give the kid his toy back. Just look at that cute face!!!

http://i886.photobucket.com/albums/ac67/st...605_6184840.jpg

Don't know but I just love the way Rain touches slightly the face of the girl (btw, she is gorgeous!).

Hi bbly, about his nose, he had this fixed some years ago in the US. Actually, he underwent an operation because of this - the bone on the nose bridge was fixed due to his wrong fall during dancing. I remember I was just his new fan when it happened & just read a report about this. Try to take a look at closely his nose & there you could see. :lol::mellow:

New Lotte dfs pics

About the pics below I don`t remember if they were posted before or not...

http://i886.photobucket.com/albums/ac67/st1986rita/l10.jpg

http://i886.photobucket.com/albums/ac67/st1986rita/l11.jpg

http://i886.photobucket.com/albums/ac67/st1986rita/l8.jpg

source: lottedfs

More New Nature Republic Pics

Some of them are just in better quality

http://i886.photobucket.com/albums/ac67/st1986rita/n4.jpg

credit: koushuitang

re-posted: memo rain blog// rain germany

Some new pictures of Rain taken in French Alps (Six to Five)

http://i886.photobucket.com/albums/ac67/st1986rita/1.jpg

http://i886.photobucket.com/albums/ac67/st1986rita/2.jpg

http://i886.photobucket.com/albums/ac67/st1986rita/3.jpg

Hi Kicia, thanks for posting these photos here especially the one taken in Alps, so candid. Can't wait to see the video of this NR ad. This Lotte pics are not yet posted here - my first time to see them. :P:lol:

Guest fatgrrl_slim

Hi bbly, about his nose, he had this fixed some years ago in the US. Actually, he underwent an operation because of this - the bone on the nose bridge was fixed due to his wrong fall during dancing. I remember I was just his new fan when it happened & just read a report about this. Try to take a look at closely his nose & there you could see. :lol::mellow:

There's another version of this which he has told at his Discovery Channel documentary earlier this year. He said that he has a broken nose because of his involvement in street brawls when he was younger (pre-debut days).

There's another version of this which he has told at his Discovery Channel documentary earlier this year. He said that he has a broken nose because of his involvement in street brawls when he was younger (pre-debut days).

Hi Pau, thanks for this. His younger days were really full of hardships & sacrifices. No wonder he just can't forget all of them. He tells stories about it from time to time when asked about his childhood & even before he debuted in showbiz. :lol::mellow:

Guest angelordevil

[Nov-06-2009] Rain'll leave Korea on the 11th for the promotion of Ninja Assassin.

Singer and actor Rain is to leave Korea on the 11th for the promotion of his hollywood leading movie Ninja Assassin.

According to Rain's agency J.Tune entertainment, Rain'll leave for America to promote his movie Ninja Assassin, and will stay in foreign countries for more than a month because his overseas schedule will continue to run even after this.

In particular, Rain's been gearing up not only the promotion for his movie Ninja Assassin which will be released worldwide, but also a variety of his overseas stage shows.

He's going to hold his single concert at Caesars Palace Hotel's Coliseum in Las Vegas, America, on December 24th and 25th, including the concert in Hong Kong upcoming 28th and 29th, as well as in Jakarta of Indonesia and in Shanghai of China in December.

Under the plan, Rain'll get through with his domestic schedule, such as CF shooting, meeting with the domestic press about Ninja Assassin, etc. before he leaves on the 11th.

The official from J.Tune entertainment expressed, "Rain is scheduled to be busy promoting his movie and holding his concert, but every preparation for his concert has been made and all one has to do is to adjust it." and "Rain is expected to show his furious activity later this year, so please look forward to him."

credit to MTO Star News http://star.mt.co.kr/view/stview.php?no=20...1&outlink=1

Brief translation by rain bird@rain-eu

[Nov-06-2009] Rain'll leave Korea on the 11th for the promotion of Ninja Assassin.

Singer and actor Rain is to leave Korea on the 11th for the promotion of his hollywood leading movie Ninja Assassin.

According to Rain's agency J.Tune entertainment, Rain'll leave for America to promote his movie Ninja Assassin, and will stay in foreign countries for more than a month because his overseas schedule will continue to run even after this.

In particular, Rain's been gearing up not only the promotion for his movie Ninja Assassin which will be released worldwide, but also a variety of his overseas stage shows.

He's going to hold his single concert at Caesars Palace Hotel's Coliseum in Las Vegas, America, on December 24th and 25th, including the concert in Hong Kong upcoming 28th and 29th, as well as in Jakarta of Indonesia and in Shanghai of China in December.

Under the plan, Rain'll get through with his domestic schedule, such as CF shooting, meeting with the domestic press about Ninja Assassin, etc. before he leaves on the 11th.

The official from J.Tune entertainment expressed, "Rain is scheduled to be busy promoting his movie and holding his concert, but every preparation for his concert has been made and all one has to do is to adjust it." and "Rain is expected to show his furious activity later this year, so please look forward to him."

credit to MTO Star News http://star.mt.co.kr/view/stview.php?no=20...1&outlink=1

Brief translation by rain bird@rain-eu

Hi Thu, thanks for sharing this. Gosh, he'll be away for more than a month, does it mean he'll be back in Korea on New Year already, 2010? Or maybe he'll be back only for a short period of time then go back again to US in between. I hope they could confirm the date now of China concert next month. I'm having mixed-emotions again - NA is really coming soon! RAIN is so hell very busy attending the movie promos & all his upcoming concerts until next month. Can't wait for all of these. :P:lol:

This story is new for me ;) I knew only the version from Hip Korea (that Pau mentioned).

I wonder which story is true? Maybe during JYP times he had to conceal his street brawls?

Anyway, I really love his broken nose - the effect of an accident during dancing/ street brawl is just perfect :D

Hi Thu, thanks for sharing this. Gosh, he'll be away for more than a month, does it mean he'll be back in Korea on New Year already, 2010? Or maybe he'll be back only for a short period of time then go back again to US in between. I hope they could confirm the date now of China concert next month. I'm having mixed-emotions again - NA is really coming soon! RAIN is so hell very busy attending the movie promos & all his upcoming concerts until next month. Can't wait for all of these. :P:lol:

I share your view here. I`m concerned and extremely happy at the same time.

11.06.09 Rain – 625 CelebShop

rainbi.jpg

interview:

http://celebshop.cjmall.com/rain/rainism_list.jsp

cr: dyan - sixtofive1982

This story is new for me ;) I knew only the version from Hip Korea (that Pau mentioned).

I wonder which story is true? Maybe during JYP times he had to conceal his street brawls?

Anyway, I really love his broken nose - the effect of an accident during dancing/ street brawl is just perfect :D

I share your view here. I`m concerned and extremely happy at the same time.

11.06.09 Rain – 625 CelebShop

http://sixtofive1982.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/rainbi.jpg

inteview:

http://celebshop.cjmall.com/rain/rainism_list.jsp

cr: dyan - sixtofive1982

Kicia, really, you love his "broken nose"? - hehehe - well, it's done very well. Actually, I love it, too - honestly, I love everything in him except the forehead. About the story of his broken nose, my version also came from him, he was telling this in one of his guestings (forgot the name of the show, an old one - he's together with some other singers like Shinhwa, Se7en & more stars. I missed that part in the Discovery Channel where he talked about it again. About the celebshop, he looks as if he lost a little weight here, huh or is it just me? In this celebshop 3-stars are endorsing it : Kwon Sang Woo - The Guy, RAIN & Kim Sung Soo - (forgot the brand he's carrying)..... Thanks for sharing the link but too bad I can't view it - maybe I'll try later. It's supposed to be my first time to see his part alone. The one I saw was 3 of them. :P:lol:

FILMAX vol. 3 no. 29 November 2009

Source : filmax // magazinedee

credit : onlyrain / khunnaiphan

http://img.ihere.org/uploads/2e1c459050.jpg[

jini, thanks for posting this magazine. Oh my, I absolutely love his photo in this cover – he’s so HOT! This guy is so dangerous – he’s killing me. BTW, is this a Korea mag? :P:lol: