Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

It's nice that he is expanding his career in other fields such as business. That a good investment. *but I hope that's not a sign of quitting the entertainment world*. ROFL

Thanks for the numerous articles. Really aprreciated. XD

Hi riehae - this isn't a sign of him quitting but just in preparation for his future, I'm sure. Expanding his horizons more..... to other different fields... But he mentioned once in his interviews that at the age of 30, he'll start to lie low. :lol::)

*** Great news. Wahhh.............. a drama from him this year.......... that's the way I like it........... Can't wait for this for a very long time................ :lol:

Jan-30-2009]The domestic TV which rain is over, Rain will go on as an actor.

Rain who maintained his musical reign through 'Rainism' last year, plans to go into his domestic activity as an actor this time.

Rain's domestic return work as an actor is going to become a drama.

One of his side expressed this, "Rain is not considering his domestic activity as a singer, but as an actor this year. A drama which will be broadcasted at the second half of this year, is preferentially under consideration."

If his schedule goes ahead as planned, his domestic acting will become in three years after 'I'm a Cyborg, but that's OK'(directed by Park Chan wook), his film at the end of 2006, and his home theater come back will become in four years after 'Ijuksa' (This Odious Love), KBS 2TV drama.

His side said, "Dramas have taken the initiative of the Korean Wave all the while and his 3 dramas including 'Full House' also played no small part in his becoming a Korean Wave star. A fair of overseas fans are looking forward to seeing his drama."

According to his side, some drama projections and partial scripts were handed over from domestic drama productions, are under consideration by him, he sticked to three or four dramas, and he plans to determine its acceptance or rejection within the first half of this year.

Meanwile, before his domestic activity, he is due to push on his overseas activity, 'Ninja Assassin' releasing and his American debut album.

Rain's another side expressed, "Rain's American debut album is most likely to be revealed within the first half of this year", and, "I know that 'Ninja Assassin', his second movie after 'Speed Racer', will be released in summer in America."

credit to Sports Donga

Brief translation by rain bird@rain-eu

Credit : jinijung / Bi-music thread

[Jan-30-2009]Rain, receives spotlight from world renown documentary channel 'Discovery'!

Singer Rain will be receiving the spotlight from the world renown documentary channel 'Discovery' as the leader of Korean culture.

Rain's agency JTune entertainment said that "Rain's Discovery Channel documentary special will air in Australia and New Zealand this coming 31st, followed by Asia and Oceania" and continued that "in the documentary, Rain is shown as the symbolic person who represents Korea and the growing Korean pop culture."

'Discovery', a program specializing in documentary, has channels in over 170 countries and is planning to introduce Rain, who appeals to the flow of Korea's culture, in the special 'Hip Korea', focused on rising reputation of Korean pop culture.

Proposed early last year, the producers of 'Hip Korea' have followed Rain's footsteps for 6 months and will prove Korea's capacity through the Korean star Rain who is receiving attention as a singer and an actor.

Furthermore, through interviews with America's top entertainer Steven Colbert, the host of a famous TV show 'The Colbert Report', Susan Sarandon who starred with Rain in the Wachowski brother's 'Speed Racer', producer Park Chan-Wook and actress Im Soo-Jeong, Rain's capacity and passion will take air.

This documentary which will be shown in Australia and New Zealand this coming 31st, will also be available in Asia, including Korea, in February 23rd.

credit to : Joy News/Sports Kahn/Cuki/Daily Sports/Sports Joseon/Daily Hankook/Go News/Joins/Osen/Tonhap/My Daily/Asia Economy

Brief translation by rain bird

From rain-eu

[Jan-30-2009]The domestic TV which rain is over, Rain will go on as an actor

Rain who maintained his musical reign through 'Rainism' last year, plans to go into his domestic activity as an actor this time.

Rain's domestic return work as an actor is going to become a drama.

One of his side expressed this, "Rain is not considering his domestic activity as a singer, but as an actor this year. A drama which will be broadcasted at the second half of this year, is preferentially under consideration."

If his schedule goes ahead as planned, his domestic acting will become in three years after 'I'm a Cyborg, but that's OK'(directed by Park Chan wook), his film at the end of 2006, and his home theater come back will become in four years after 'Ijuksa' (This Odious Love), KBS 2TV drama.

His side said, "Dramas have taken the initiative of the Korean Wave all the while and his 3 dramas including 'Full House' also played no small part in his becoming a Korean Wave star. A fair of overseas fans are looking forward to seeing his drama."

According to his side, some drama projections and partial scripts were handed over from domestic drama productions, are under consideration by him, he sticked to three or four dramas, and he plans to determine its acceptance or rejection within the first half of this year.

Meanwile, before his domestic activity, he is due to push on his overseas activity, 'Ninja Assassin' releasing and his American debut album

Rain's another side expressed, "Rain's American debut album is most likely to be revealed within the first half of this year", and, "I know that 'Ninja Assassin', his second movie after 'Speed Racer', will be released in summer in America."

credit to Sports Donga

From rain-eu

Guest silver_beam

Do you agree that guys with small eyes look great wearing glasses, good camouflage? Wonder whether he is really short-sighted, he should put on more frequently. Rain has put on some weight, looking better and happier nowadays.

Do you agree that guys with small eyes look great wearing glasses, good camouflage? Wonder whether he is really short-sighted, he should put on more frequently. Rain has put on some weight, looking better and happier nowadays.

Hi - he mentioned in one of his interviews that there's nothing wrong with his eyes because he was asked why he's wearing eyeglasses sometimes. So, those specs are simply an accessories to his face - hahaha - Actually, there was a time when he was wearing only a frame but no lens at all - this guy could be funny most of the time... :lol::)

***Wow, sounds good. I’ll be watching this. :lol:

RAIN TO BE FEATURED ON DISCOVERY CHANNEL

Singer turned actor Rain (27) will be featured on documentary channel Discovery as the Korea’s front runner to advance into the world.

J Tunes Entertainment revealed, “Rain will be featured on ‘Hip Korea’ on the Discovery channel. Rain will be introduced as the individual who contributed to the growth and promotion of the Korean mass culture.”

The program will be aired on 23rd February in Korea and other Asian countries.

source: kbites

*** So lucky again these fans who saw him. He seems to be in a good mood. And noticed that every time he uses his car he drives it by himself. I’m sure he looks awesome wearing those sweater & jacket. :lol:

Some Korean Fans saw Rain yesterday

Translated by: RainBar

Source: Korea Fan website (did not specific the name)

Sourced from Korea Fan website. Around 20 fans saw Rain in practice room yesterday. Rain came out and joked with them said "Oh! Already line up..., student fans gave him cookies...Rain shaked hands with them...Then, he drove his own car and left. Rain wore green and black sweater, brown color hair style.

Also, someone saw him in office on the 28th evening. His assistant got something like hamburgers [our Ji Hoon's favorite meal...haaa Fans gave Rain some chocolate when he left the office. Rain got the gift and said goodbye to fans. Then, he got on the company van. Per fans, Rain wore yellow hoody jacket...(nice conditioned skin tone)

Credit : nycuckoo/rainlegend

***Another article related to Discovery Channel from KBS World.............. :lol:

Rain on Discovery Channel

e090130_01.jpg

World-class star Rain will be on the Discovery Channel, a channel specializing in documentaries, in its “Hip Korea” series. Rain’s agency announced that Rain’s episode will start airing in Australia and New Zealand on January 31, and then in Korea and the rest of the Asian region on February 23. Korea’s hot singer/actor is portrayed as a pioneer of Korean pop culture, someone who represents the nation’s dynamic growth.

The production team of “Hip Korea” followed Rain around for six months, capturing on film his everyday life and down-to-earth personality. The cameras show how he talks about his insecurities with his close friend, comedian Kim Je-dong, and still remembers his mother by visiting her gravesite. In addition, the documentary will contain interviews with Steven Colbert, who engaged Rain in a dance battle in his show, The Colbert Report, famed actress Susan Sarandon, Rain’s costar in “Speed Racer,” and director Park Chan-wook and actress Im Su-jeong from “I’m a Cyborg, but That’s Okay.”

The Discovery Channel is aired in 170 countries around the world and its “Hip Korea” series looks at the rising status of Korean pop culture in the world stage.

Credit : KBS WORLD

*** Wow, LDH is a part of JTune now, great news. JTune is growing. More work for her under the new management. :lol:

Jan-30-2009]Rain'll work under the same roof with actress 'Lee Da-Hae'

Actress 'Lee Da-Hae's contract with 'Star K' entertainment expired before the Lunar New Year holiday, and she moved her nest to JTune entertainment.

Rain and 'Yeon Jeong-Hoon' belong to JTune entertainment which she's built a new nest on.

She ever acted with 'Yeon Jeong-Hoon' in MBC Drama 'East of Eden' until a recent date

credit to Osen

Credit : jinijung/Bi-music thread

Guest Mariposa28

willenette thanks a lot for all the news, cab't wait to watch Rain in a drama, loved every single epidose in all his dramas, :D

lyndia thanks for the updates and pics ^^

Guest ayumikoshiro

Does anyone know where i can find episodes of the variety show Soulmates. With Kang ho Dong and Rain. I think it was a MBC show.

hello!!! just visited this thread when I heard that LDH will be taken under the wing of Rain's management, JTune... I thought it was a really great news... This might be an indication that they'll have a project together... an MV, or movie or drama I'm fine with any of it! hahahaha but since there are news of Rain's comeback in TV dramas I wish he'd be doing it with LDH! hahaha That would be great, wouldn't it? haha

Also there are news that "Fullhouse 2" is in the works... I also read from the comments that it'd be possible that they'd be getting Rain to play in it again... are there any truth to this?

If this is the drama he's considering to do for this year, I think it would be great... But, I wouldn't want LDH to have anything to do with it... Don't get me wrong, I just think Fullhouse is Bi-kyo's territory and if anyone's gonna replace either one of the leads the fans are gonna hate on whoever the replacement is... haha well I may also be wrong about it haha what do you guys think?

sorry if this post is out of topic-ish haha :sweatingbullets:

Guest valley girl

From 15,085 people

090131 Opinion poll - Handsome Man Ranking @ Entertainment Relay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neGBlyUEkV4

1. Jang Dong Gun 30,2% ~ he Really Absolute hahahah

2. Jo in Sung 9,9%

3. Rain 8,7%

4. Bae YoungJoon 7,0%

5. Song Seung heon 5,9%

6. Won bin 5,8%

7. Jung Woo sung 5,4%

8. Hyun Bin 3,2 % ( diff less with SJS )

9. So ji Sub 3,2%

10. Lee byoung Heon 2,7%

11. Danielle Henney

12. Kwon SangWoo

13. chaeseungWon

14. lee jung jae

15. Kang dongWon

i am Proud only 1 is mix

Best Body

1. Rain 22,1%

2. Kwon Sang Woo 20,0%

3. Cha Seung Won 8,0%

4. Song seung Heon 7,3%

5. So ji Sub 6,1%

6. Jo InSung 5,0%

7. Jang Dong gun 4,6%

8. Bae Young Joon 4,4%

9. Lee jung jae 4%

10. Jung Woo sung 3,8%

From 15,085 people

090131 Opinion poll - Handsome Man Ranking @ Entertainment Relay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neGBlyUEkV4

Hi valley girl - thanks for sharing the video here. Here's the article about this. :sweatingbullets::lol:

02.01.09 Rain gained the top ranking as a knockout-body star.

A recent poll of 15,222 people older than age 12 throughout the country, by “KBS Broadcasting Culture Research Institute” at the request of “KBS Entertainment News”, has found that Rain took the top ranking as a knockout-body star, and the 3rd ranking as a handsome star.

credit to Mydaily

Brief translation by rain bird@rain-eu // soompi

[more news]

Eng Trans

“KBS Entertainment News” broadcasted on January 31-Research period : January7~9, 2009

The best handsome male stars’ ranking

The 1st ranking : Jang Dong-Geon

The 2nd ranking : Jo In-Seong

The 3rd ranking: Rain : 1,306 of the 15,085 surveyed people as 8.7%

Rain is the star who is being portrayed as terribly lovable through his own cute and manly attraction.

4. Bae Yong-Joon

5. Song Seng-Heon

6. Won Bin

7. Jeong Woo-Seong

8. Hyun Bin

9. So Ji-Seop

10. Lee Byung-Heon

The best knockout-body male stars’ ranking

The 1st ranking : Rain : 3,335 of 15,067 surveyed people as 22.1%

Rain :”I would liefer take off my jacket on time than dance 100 times.” in an interview.

Rain built up the muscular body of ‘body fat 0%’ during filming Ninja Assassin.

The 2nd ranking : Kwon Sang-Woo

The 3rd ranking : Cha Seung-Won

4. Song Seung-Heon

5. So Ji-Seop

6. Jo In-Seong

7. Jang Dong-Geon

8. Bae Yong-Joon

9. Lee Jeong-Jae

10. Jeong Woo-Seong

credit to Mydaily/benamoo

Brief translation by rain bird @rain-eu

Credit : rainonme / Sexy Bi

hello!!! just visited this thread when I heard that LDH will be taken under the wing of Rain's management, JTune... I thought it was a really great news... This might be an indication that they'll have a project together... an MV, or movie or drama I'm fine with any of it! hahahaha but since there are news of Rain's comeback in TV dramas I wish he'd be doing it with LDH! hahaha That would be great, wouldn't it? haha

Also there are news that "Fullhouse 2" is in the works... I also read from the comments that it'd be possible that they'd be getting Rain to play in it again... are there any truth to this?

If this is the drama he's considering to do for this year, I think it would be great... But, I wouldn't want LDH to have anything to do with it... Don't get me wrong, I just think Fullhouse is Bi-kyo's territory and if anyone's gonna replace either one of the leads the fans are gonna hate on whoever the replacement is... haha well I may also be wrong about it haha what do you guys think?

sorry if this post is out of topic-ish haha :sweatingbullets:

Hi hagrid - thanks for visiting this thread & posted your message. Ye, LDH is now under JTune management. I hope someday they could work together. About FH 2, they tried to offer this to RAIN but he already rejected the project. Actually, he's considering to do another drama this year. :lol::)

*** He always finds time to shop when he’s in other country. It looks as if he’s free to shop there, huh, with not so much fans around him. BTW, this is in the airport Duty Free :lol:

RAIN SHOPPING IN AUSTRALIA

a7452497218.jpg

a7452497219.jpg

a7452497220.jpg

Guest Tata_Kinci

200902010014.jpg

Rain to be face of Korean pop culture on Discovery

Asian superstar Rain (Bi) will be featured on a documentary produced by the Discovery Channel about the rising stock of Korean pop culture.

The "Hip Korea" program will focus on the entertainer's significance as the representative for Korean pop on the world stage.

"As the foremost leader and face of Korean entertainment, Rain will be introduced and featured as the program's primary subject and will be described as an entertainer who was born as a result of the nation's growth as a pop cultural hub in the Asian region," said a J. Tune Entertainment representative Friday.

J. Tune is an entertainment and media company formed by Rain after his tutelage under singer, songwriter and producer Park Jin-young, the founder of JYP Entertainment.

The documentary began its broadcast rotation on Saturday in Oceania and it will air in Asia on Feb. 23.

With the 27-year-old Rain's consent, the Discovery Channel's production crew followed the singer, actor and entertainment mogul everywhere for six months to chronicle his every move.

Candid moments were shown, including him commiserating with comedian and MC Kim Jae-dong, plus an emotional visit to a mausoleum where his late mother lays at rest.

Numerous interviews were conducted, including with Steven Colbert of Comedy Central's "The Colbert Report," the Wachowski Brothers and Academy Award winner Susan Sarandon.

"The Colbert Report," a satirical television program in the United States, is hugely popular for skewing political talking heads.

Rain's connection to Steven Colbert and the show began two years ago, when a segment playfully mocked the singer, as Colbert declared him his arch-nemesis for finishing higher than Colbert on Time's list of the "100 Most Influential People."

The resulting comical feud came to a close when Rain appeared as a surprise guest the following year. He and Colbert faced off in a mock dance competition, boosting Rain's exposure to the American public.

The Wachowski Brothers, best known for "The Matrix" films, directed last year's "Speed Racer," in which Rain appeared and Sarandon starred.

After a lengthy hiatus from the domestic entertainment scene, Rain returned to Korea late last year to promote his fifth studio album "Rainism." Before that, he had filmed "Ninja Assassin," a film which was developed specifically for him by the Wachowski Brothers.

"Ninja Assassin" is due for release this summer.

By Song Woong-ki

(kws@heraldm.com)

Very good news and i hope Rain next project whether it'll be drama on TV or film will be good too ... by the way is there any information about his schedule go to Military service?

02.01.09 Rain’s perfect attraction was praised highly by female announcer Kim Kyung-Lahn

kim1.jpg

Female announcer ‘Kim Kyung-Lahn’ appeared on “Gold Miss and Mr. Announcer” part in KBS 2TV’s “Special ‘Sin Dong-Yeop’ & ‘Sin Bong-Seon’ Shampagne” program, which was broadcasted on January 31

In the corner selecting ‘Mr. Right’ related to the entertainers’ appearance, she chose Rain with hesitation and praised his perfect body highly.

She frankly spoke, “Some time ago, I ever appeared on “The immortally musical classics” in KBS 2 TV’s ‘Happy Sunday’ corner, with Rain. That time, I kept gazing at his inverted triangle back view. I could not help admitting his attraction.”

But she didn’t select Rain as a Mr. Right of outward appearance, because, rather, his perfect looks unlike a human being were allegedly a burden to her.

credit to NewsEn

Brief translation by rain bird@rain-eu // soompi

Credit ; rainonme / Sexy Bi

*** So nice to know that he’s doing this while he has time at present. I know he always finds time to be with his friends when his time allows. :lol:

09 Jan 30 Rain's Human Relations Are Showing Recovery Again; Meeting One-on-One With His Acquaintances

Rain is being restored to his human relations for a long time.

After his Rainism activity at the end of the last year, Rain has the release of Ninja Assassin ahead.

He is allegedly meeting his acquaintances, who have been estranged from him, in his space moment, even when he trains his trainees who will be produced by JTune entertainment.

Rain ever confessed that he had wanted to give up shooting because of his loneliness during his stay in Berlin.

Even after his shooting, he also has not met his close friends owing to his activity as a singer, but he is allegedly unburdening himself while he meets his friends one by one.

credit to Daily Hankook

Brief translation by rain bird@rain-eu // reposted by jinijung@soompi // sixtofive1982

Credit : dsl / Sexy Bi

*** Swollen face, wondering why? :mellow:

01.31.09 Fan Acct - Fan saw Rain again

Yesterday there were fans saw Rain, he came at 7pm, didn’t seem to have very good mood, his face was a bit swollen. 11pm, heard he was singing, some dancers came down to buy soymilk.

Rain came out around 12am midnight, autographed for fans and shook hands, because some fans held Rain’s hand very tight while shaking so Rain had to let go of his hands very quick.

He chatted with dancers a little awhile. Then he rode his motorcycle and left the place.

credits to DC / 爱雨625 @ baidu rain bar

Chi to Eng translation by Cin @ rain legend // jinijung@soompi