Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

Should ITZY Leave JYP Entertainment? Here’s What Rain Thinks

How do you feel about ITZY’s management and promotion under JYP?

SOsbdeOOx9KMWFD5pXVY8r1VykDCvEAeRk71NXd4

While MIDZYs aren’t always happy with how JYP Entertainment manages and promotes ITZY, should they really leave the company in the future? Former JYP Entertainment idol and veteran star Rain weighed in with his own thoughts when ITZY visited his YouTube channel, Season B Season.

Ever the supportive senior, Rain wanted to know if the ITZY members were having any concerns around the release of their new song, “LOCO.” For Ryujin in particular, one thought came to mind: “I feel like it’s about time we find a new color of our own.”

Thankfully, Rain had some poignant advice in relation to Ryujin’s deep question. “If you show the progress of changing little by little, I think that’s good,” he explained. Conversely, he advised the members that if they change their concept a little too suddenly, it may be too jarring for the public.

FRFYGUQPVmOFj9NXqcHuOEMdfb-QGCXj37Gwppvb

But if you come out suddenly like ‘ITZY can do concepts like this, too,’ if it goes wrong, people might think, huh?

— Rain

To illustrate his point, Rain referred back to two of his own comebacks: “LA Song” and “GANG”—but Chaeryeong had her own comparisons in mind.

Despite being less than a year old when Rain’s hit debut “Bad Guy” was released, Chaeryeong revealed herself to be a big fan of the track. On top of that, the juxtaposition between “Bad Guy” and Rain’s 2010 release “Hip Song” gave Chaeryeong some thoughts about ITZY’s own career path. “I wondered how you could be so innocent and sexy at that age,” Chaeryeong said of “Bad Guy,” but added that “Hip Song” gave her a completely different impression: “You [also] have a very manly side.”

The main dancer went on to explain that just like the songs represented a change for Rain, she thinks ITZY “could maybe make some changes within ourselves.” Unsurprisingly, it’s a concern Rain came across in his own career—and it went on to change his trajectory completely.

mlY4TVR6MxB87iS9lT_DbCh0wkDrYKkPOLxkpbpj

In order to make changes, [I decided] I should get out of JYP Entertainment.

— Rain

Rain left JYP Entertainment in 2007, just five years after his debut. From that point on, he continued to become one of the biggest K-Pop soloists in Korea and across the world. However, even though it’s worked out for him, he doesn’t necessarily recommend the path for ITZY.

Spoiler

C6kpbnQCF1KNTriDyOJVXgQZRvD_arQgWAejmFL4

When a shocked Lia questioned, “We don’t have any other choice [but to leave JYP]?” Rain was quick to clarify his position. “No, no, don’t do this,” he insisted, “You guys should be in JYP.”

Rain went on to explain that after leaving JYP Entertainment, it’s not easy to find work with your own company or a smaller company. As such he told ITZY that he “strongly recommends” them to stay with the agency for the foreseeable future and enjoy the protections that come from a prominent label.

JsfPBk0I4dT9Hi6-OSqd7hBUY5jqSjEUY-pxRdgt

It’s definitely a concern to have at this phase, but enjoy it while you’re at it.

— Rain

While many MIDZYs do feel that ITZY could be better promoted than JYP Entertainment’s current management offers, Rain’s perspective certainly makes a lot of sense.

RAIN Talks To ITZY About Leaving JYP In His Newest YouTube Video

ITZY recently appeared on South Korean singer Rain's YouTube channel "Season B Season". During the meeting between the two, Rain and ITZY discussed some very fine points regarding the future of the girl group under the JYP Management.

In the YouTube show, Rain gave out advice to the girls regarding their careers. Rain, who was once a trainee and an artist under JYP reveals why he had to leave the company.

Currently, ITZY has revealed that they will be dropping their newest album soon, as well as their main track 'LOCO'.

Apparently, many ITZY's fan base 'MIDZY', believe that JYP has been lacking in the promotional steps for the group.

Rain could not help himself but he had to inquire amongst the members of ITZY if they were having concerns regarding the release of "LOCO". ITZY member Ryujin reveals that they do and that she feels like it is about time for the group to find their own color.

The JYP alum then went on to give wise advice to the girls regarding finding their own genre in the music industry. Rain explained that they have to do the change gradually rather than suddenly.

"If you show the progress of changing little by little, I think that's good, but if you come out suddenly like 'ITZY can do concepts like this, too,' if it goes wrong, people might think, huh?" Rain shared.

ITZY member Chaeryeong on the one hand shared that she has been a big fan of Rain since "Bad Guy", despite only being a year old when it was dropped. She made a point by saying that Rain was very versatile in his career, from being sexy to being manly.

Rain then revealed that in order to make changes, he had to leave JYP entertainment. But he made it clear to ITZY that he is not advising them to leave the management. Rain gave them the pros and cons of leaving JYP but in the end, advised the girl group to stay with JYP in the foreseeable future.

source : http://en.koreaportal.com/articles/50669/20211004/rain-talks-itzy-leaving-jyp-newest-youtube-video.htm

The girl group ITZY said on Rain's YouTube channel Season B Season that they "want change." Rain suggested to them: "You must leave JYP first."

137828-921108.jpg

Rain’s explosive speech immediately made the members of ITZY anxious.

Recently, Rain invited the popular girl group ITZY to appear on his YouTube channel "Season B Season". The members talked about their current concerns and he also gave the younger generations a lot of advice.

Rain said that he particularly liked the song "LOCO" especially the choreography, and Lia replied that she feels like it is about time for the group to find their own color.  Rain said that they need to find their own genre in the music industry.

137828-921110.jpg

Rain said that in his opinion, they have to do the change gradually rather than suddenly. He directly quoted his own examples for reference to ITZY, such as "LA SONG" and the strong "GANG". At that time, the public's reaction made him feel that something went wrong, and it was accompanied by some undesired effects.

137828-921112.jpg

Chaeryeong said that she liked Rain’s "Bad Guy" at the time when it was only being a year old when it was dropped. Rain was able to be both pure and sexy at that age.  She made a point by saying that Rain was very versatile in his career, from being sexy to being manly. So the team members also have ideas that they wanted to change.

Spoiler

137828-921113.jpg

Rain replied: "I also had that idea when I was young. If I want to make a change, I must first leave JYP." Lia immediately replied, "Are we too? Got to do this?"

137828-921114.jpg

Rain was quite worried and immediately stopped and said, "No, don’t be like that. You have to stay in JYP. Life outside is not easy. I'm not telling you to leave the management.You have to stay with JYP in the foreseeable future. To be protected, I would recommend that everyone do the same.”

137828-921115.jpg

source : https://www.koreastardaily.com/tc/news/137828

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

女團 ITZY 上前輩節目表示「想改變」,資深前輩 Rain 建議她們:「首先要從 JYP 離開。」

Rain 的爆炸性發言,瞬間讓 ITZY 的成員們好慌張~XDDD

近期,Rain 邀請了人氣女團 ITZY 上他的 YouTube 頻道節目「Season B Season」,當中聊到了許多成員們目前的心境和苦惱,前輩也給後輩們相當多的建議。

Rain 表示自己特別喜歡《Not Shy》這首歌,尤其是編舞,而 Lia 回說:「前輩您特別喜歡的《Not Shy》,朴軫永 PD 也特別喜歡。」、「兩人取向一致呢。」、「感覺很相似」Rain 表示這也是沒辦法的事,這份(JYP)血脈無法抹去啊。

接著,Rain 詢問了成員們最近是否有苦惱的事情,留眞率先發言,表示現在正需要尋找團體新鮮色彩的時候,想請教前輩的意見。

Rain 表示在他看來,一點一點變化的過程,去展現給大家看的話會比較好,但如果在突然某個瞬間,ITZY 如果把某部份省略而出問題的話,會讓大家感覺不太能接受。

他直接舉自己的例子給 ITZY 參考,像是《LA SONG》跟強烈的《GGANG》,在當時大眾的反應都讓他感覺出了問題,還伴隨著一些副作用。

彩領表示自己很欣賞 Rain《壞男人》這首歌的時期,當時 Rain 在那個年紀能夠同時兼具清純又性感,但其他歌曲又表現出男子氣概,讓大眾看到有所轉變的面貌感到佩服,所以團員們也產生了想改變的想法。

Rain 回應:「我那個年輕的時期產生了一個想法,想做出變化的話,首先要從 JYP 離開。」爆炸性發言讓成員們聽了都感到相當驚訝,Lia 立刻回覆說:「那我們是不是也得這樣做了?」

Rain 相當緊張,立刻制止說:「不是的,不要這樣,各位要繼續待在 JYP 才行,外面的生活並不容易,各位要安安全全的待著家(JYP)裡,工作中才能充分地得到保護,我比較推薦大家這樣做。」

沒想到前輩在解決後輩苦惱的過程中,差點出事啦~!XD

2021 Ontact Yeongdong-daero K-POP CONCERT RAIN CUT

https://fb.watch/8yK4GpDfw8/

MORE --

credit : Rain Cloud Taiwan

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

K-POP CONCERT Capture

244532475_4456103611142247_5472700491078

244973652_4456103597808915_7105465678824

Spoiler

244732756_4456103601142248_5462325832191

244473303_4456103721142236_5487241718123

244343211_4456103707808904_3130486086390

244431700_4456104291142179_5836491415721

245160045_4456104374475504_6157701697181

244234648_4456104471142161_5843484978641

244462467_4456104524475489_1608888312612

244744015_4456104587808816_6004732248285

Edited by gm4queen
Please use spoiler tags when you upload more than 3 images/ videos in one post! Thanks!

*** RAIN posted this picture 12-hours ago. :kisslevel:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CU6YbJZBA-V/

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

MORE --

The stage performance by RAIN during K-POP concert on Yeongdong-daero

*** Rain was supposed to be interviewed during Ontact 2021 Yeongdong-daero Concert, but it rained heavily that day.  Due to heavy rain, rehearsal was not possible and the performance was delayed by 30 minutes. As a result, the interview was cancelled. :kisslevel:

https://fb.watch/8C4lc2MOnz/

credit : Rain Cloud Thailand

*** The photo was taken during Ontact 2021 Yeongdong-daero Concert held at the rooftop of COEX in Gangnam-gu, Seoul on the afternoon of October 10.  :ohboy2:  The K-POP concert at Yeongdongdaero, which celebrated its 11th anniversary this year, is also the last program of the

Gangnam Festival, which opened on the 1st.  :heart3:  That "heart" is CUTE.   :shaq:

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

a rain and autumn rain

20211010192105561bojo.jpg

20211010192330131horj.jpg

20211010193019343ufbi.jpg

photos source : https://k-star-holic.blogspot.com/2021/10/a-rain-and-autumn-rain.html

*** RAIN posted this yesterday with a caption - "You can't miss the gorgeous lighting... #ghost doctor"   

:Woah:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVEth-NhZTn/

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

*** He also posted slide of pictures yesterday with a caption - "cute!!!! #Snoopy Place"   :kaching1:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVExuwyBUqL/

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

*** RAIN posted these (2) pictures with Kim Bum filming "Ghost Doctor" just 5-hours ago with a caption - "Tak!!!!! #Ghost Doctor #My Love Seungtak"  - KB's character name in the drama is Go Seung-tak.  :Megathanks:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVH9HJdhM8D/

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

*** Jasie is the eldest daughter of a former soccer player Lee Donggook. They're siblings with Jaeah who's a tennis player.  :Ohboy3:

Ridiculous soccer Final Qualification matches JASIE X JAEAH struggling to accommodate / Season B Season

*** RAIN posted these (2) pictures yesterday with a caption - "Golf mode ~ Oh ~ This is a snooze#Bodyfriend"   

:shaq:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVMM8YzBSf1/

____________________________________________________________________________________________

*** RAIN also posted these slide of pictures yesterday with a caption - "Our YeJoo Oh YeJoo!!!! #Actress Pretty#ComingSoon" - She's an artist who's joining his company, RAIN Company.  :heart2:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVM6aDyhdwx/

Camping mukbangㅣSeason B Season EP.56

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Rain has come to Anyang Arts High School - Season B Season filming site 

*** "Ghost Doctor" will be produced by Bon Factory, the company behind the production of "Master's Sun," "What's Wrong with Secretary Kim?," and "You're Beautiful." There is no confirmation yet on which network or online streaming sites

"Ghost Doctor" be available. I'm excited to see Rain and Kim Bum in "Ghost Doctor".    :Woah:

*** I have followed Rain's career.     :shaq:

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ 

'Rainism': Profiling the awe inspiring career of the multi hyphenated artist in showbiz over the years

rain_news1_main.jpg?width=752&format=web

One of the first things that struck me about this talented artist is his name - Rain!

Now, it isn't out of the ordinary for artists to have a fancy stage name, but his name particularly struck me as an interesting one and hence I dived into the 'Rain' phenomenon!

Rain, also known as Jung Ji Hoon is a talented, multi-hyphenated artist. He is a singer, songwriter, actor, dancer, performer, record producer and entrepreneur. Fans are in awe of his phenomenal talent, but at one point he was rejected because he wasn't perceived as good looking! Eventually, he was recruited by J.Y. Park and he became a trainee for his company, JYP Entertainment.

Rain first debuted as a member of the boy group Fanclub, which eventually disbanded because of commercial failure. However, despite the setback, Rain rebranded himself as a solo artist and debuted with his first solo album titled 'Bad Guy', where he was introduced to the media through his stage name Rain! Rain's third album, 'It's Raining' topped music charts in Korea as well as throughout Asia.

To promote the release, Rain then embarked on his first tour, 'Rainy Day 2005 Tour' which spanned a total of 14 concerts in 8 countries. The album went on to sell over a million copies in Asia, cementing Rain's position as one of the region's top musical acts.

Post the amazing success of 'It's Raining', Rain followed up with alum releases matching his name - 'Eternal Rain' and 'Rainy Day'. He eventually left his home agency JYP Entertainment to launch his own company - J. Tune Entertainment, maintaining a collaborative effort with his previous mentor J.Y. Park. He also signed with CUBE Entertainment.

His solo career took flight with international tours, concerts, talk show appearances and global presence. In 2005, Rain left CUBE Entertainment to establish his own one-man agency along with his long time managers - R.A.I.N Company. But music isn't the only thing that has kept the star interested, Rain has tried his hand at acting and the other side of showbiz as well. Rain made his television debut in the KBS drama, 'Sang Doo! Let's Go To School'. The drama achieved good ratings and he won the Most Popular TV Actor award at the 2004 Baeksang Arts Awards.

However, it was the hit romantic comedy series 'Full House' opposite Song Hye Kyo that established him as a pan-Asia star! His performance in the drama won him the Best Actor award at the KBS Drama Awards. He has also starred in Hollywood films - 'Speed Racer', wherein he played racer Taejo Togokahn and his starring debut role 'Ninja Assassin', for which he trained extensively for over six months. 

Rain was a mentor of BIGHIT MUSIC and CJ ENM‘s joint company BELIF+ Lab's survival show 'I-LAND'! The show gave us the monster rookie group - ENHYPEN!

Also, he decided to turn mentor to a group of young, aspiring idols personally handpicked by the artist, most of whom had been previously on survival shows such as 'YG Treasure Box', 'No Mercy', 'Produce X 101' and 'Under Nineteen'. Rain formed the seven-member group Ciipher, which debuted on March 15, 2021, with their debut EP 'I Like You'. 

Besides a thriving professional career, Rain has a well-balanced personal life as well.

The talented artist has been married to Kim Tae Hee, one of the biggest actresses of the country and one-third of the troika - 'Tae-Hye-Ji'. The couple have two children together. 

Through my discovery of the talented artist, I perhaps realised why he chose the stage name Rain! Rain symbolises calm yet ferocity, force yet sincerity, storm yet fertility - qualities duly possessed by a top-graded artist festering within him and continuing to inspire the same in his audience as well. Rain, we hope your 'Rainism', continues to shower its awe-inspiring magic, upon us for decades to come by. 

We are happy to share some of our favourite Rain songs, that you must add to your playlist now!

1. Rainism