Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

[Nov-21-2009] Rain attended the Ninja Assassin premiere and received attention by all the world.

Singer and actor Rain participated in his movie Ninja Assassin premiere which was held in Hollywood, being spotlighted by all the world including the local people and media.

This was the first premiere in America and was held in Grauman Chinese Theater located in Hollywood on the 19th (local time). Director James Mcteigue, producer Joel Silver, and Rick Yun, Sung Kang, etc. in the cast, including Rain, graced the occasion with their presence.

And, various celebrities who are across the popular culture world, such as Maggie Q, Linkin Park, Blink 182, Cypress Hill, Wu Tang Clan, 'CSI Miami's Omar Miller, and Karl Yune, attended the premiere.

More than 100 media around the world including the major news media, ET(Entertainment Tonight), AP, Reuters, CNN, Fox, etc. rushed to the scene to cover the red carpet, and Rain who stood on the red carpet received great attention by all the world, being subjected to camera flashes.

Also, it is said hollywood's best-known officials showed enormous interest to new face Rain, expressing the fact they want him to play in their movies during an after party after the event.

Rain is going to head for San Francisco which is his last destination of the Ninja Assassin promotion in North America after getting through his schedule, staying two more days in LA (the 20th and the 21st).

credit to pimedia http://media.daum.net/entertain/all/view.h...&p=tvreport

bnt news http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=L...;aid=0002160951

Brief translation by rain bird.@ rain-eu

11.20.09 Ninja Project: “South America with U Rain”

62.jpg

Even I live a little far from U.S, I can feel like if I were there, since our project was done successful you have no idea how we feel now, it’s just like you guys, when you go a Rain’s concert, for many reasons we can’t go there (study, money xD distance) but, to see our Banner there was just amazing!

I still can’t believe it, my family is so happy, my friends, friends from college who saw the banner XD on my class too, ha ha ha this is something we’ll never forget.

At first this was going to be our only first project, but then, we decided to work with our friends from Ecuador and Brazil, as they always support Rain, so at the end it became a South America project for Ninja Assassin , which is also our first big project.

This project was made by Rain Destiny Peru Team and supported by Brazilian Fans and Ecuatorian fans =D just to show everyone that Rain is famous not only in Asia, Europe, or U.S, even here, in latin countries he’s very well know.

We are proud of Rain works, and just to think that we could support him doing this, was our inspiration, thank you.

source: Rain Destiny Peru (Duggu)

photo credit: Rainy日記

cre:sixtofive1982

Rain walks the red carpet at Ninja Assassin LA Premiere

20 Nov 2009

20091120_rain_572.jpg

Last night was a big night for Rain / Bi as he was the star of the Ninja Assassin Premiere event at the Grauman’s Chinese Theatre in Los Angeles, California. He was accompanied on the red carpet by James Mcteigue, Sung Kang, Rick Yune, Joel Silver, and other celebrities. Hundreds of fans were in attendance to cheer Rain on as he walked the red carpet.

I'm so glad for Rain that the premiere looked like a success! In case you missed it, check out our interview with Rain. Thanks to matarbi for the tip. And also sixtofive1982, MyNinjaClothing , rainalice, rainstorm, @nee_nr (twitter), tgig, adamreich, sthanlee, afp, daumblog, Albert L. Ortega, 2factorphoto, memo rain blog, getty, and life for sharing the photos. x x x and I hope Ninja Assassin does well at the box office.

Source:allkpop

Guest angelordevil

Thanks Heather for sharing a scan of newspaper, hope we can see mor Rain on Austalia's newspaper

Thanks anjo for updating this thread.

haha Bambina, welcome again this thread. happy to see your post

thanks all for sharing.

more Rain's pic in LA

0.4268366_26931_1.jpg

0.4268365_26931_1.jpg

0.4268364_26931_1.jpg

0.4268363_26931_1.jpg

0.4268362_26931_1.jpg

0.4268361_26931_1.jpg

0.4268360_26931_1.jpg

0.4268358_26931_1.jpg

0.4268356_26931_1.jpg

credit: sixtofive1982, rain-china bar

0.4268538_26931_1.jpg

0.4268529_26931_1.jpg

0.4268523_26931_1.jpg

0.4268520_26931_1.jpg

sr:hollywood.com|rieyabie@rain-indonesia

Guest angelordevil

Exclusive: James McTeigue Unleashes Ninja Assassin!

CS: But you have all these weapons being used, whizzing around Rain and the stunt guys, and all that blood flying, so one imagines a lot of it still has to be done using CG. Do they actually have some of those weapons being used live?

McTeigue: Yeah, you do. For example, Rain in the movie uses this blade and chain weapon, but when we're training him, it's with an actual martial arts weapon called the rope dart, so he trained with that so he knew how to swing it around, because then ultimately when you get into it, you need something for him to physically use. He'll use that, and the visual FX guys will put tracking markers on it, so that way, it gives the stunt guys something to react to and then we'll replace it later. But with swords and katanas and other things, sometimes we'll use bamboo painted silver for example, they're actually real sometimes.

CS: I know you worked with Rain on "Speed Racer" and he did a little bit of martial arts for that, but not quite this much. Did he have any idea what he'd be in for to train to be a ninja?

McTeigue: I don't think he did. (chuckles) I think he was excited to first of all do a big American movie, and when we spoke to him, he just said, "Look, just tell us where to be and I'll be there." Obviously, he has one image in Asia and I was excited to make him into a great martial arts star, (hopefully I guess) and he trained really, really hard. He has incredible discipline, so he trained for five or six months. First he started with the physical training, and then you start folding in the fight choreography. I think he didn't actually know how hard it was going to be (laughs again)... at the end, I think you can see he always has cuts on him and he's covered in blood. That stuff is a sticky mess of red stuff and prosthetics and he had to be really physical but have that stuff all over him...

CS: So you weren't implying that those were all injuries from his training then?

McTeigue: No, no... (laughs)

CS: You didn't train him like we see them training the young ninjas where they hit them with a cane if they mess up.

McTeigue: "Here's a real sword... Whack!!!" (laughs) No, we didn't do that, but he really got into the spirit of it. I think some people wouldn't have gone as far as Rain did, but he really went to the edge of anything that I've experienced, because I've trained a lot of people for "The Matrix."

scr:http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=60913

Thanks Everyone for ALL the photos, videos & interviews from the LA premiere....This thread are really flooded with great pictures & news!! They are all breathtakings!! Rain looks so good and happy!!!

It was so nice to see there were so many fans fm all walks of life , races & nationality came to support him in LA!! He is so blessed!!! Looking at those pictures, I can't help but feeling happy & so proud of him!!!!

I like the way he said during most interviews 'Hi! I am Rain...I came fm ASIA....." And YES Rain, you did ASIA proud!!!! :)

I didn`t have time to visit this thread for two days and I`m shocked how many news, pics, vids you posted! As always thanks everyone for sharing! I repeat myself but it`s really hard to keep up with Rain nowadays :P

Rain star of Ninja Assasin-Interview

Best interview so far! Thanks for sharing Thu! The interviewer created a really calm and relaxed atmospehere!

Rain Bi has the movie made specially for him, says Joel Silver, the producer of ninja Assasin

Joel Silver: We made "Ninja Assassin" for Rain Bi

credit: EyeBiteTV

I`m happy to see how J. Silver is promoting Rain in the US :D He praises him a lot ...

ninja assassin review

credit : www.moviebuzzers.com/ruggermanFG@youtube

This guy is awesome! Thanks tyty for sharing!His review was better than most of film critics and he expressed most of my own thoughts on NA :D

One more time very good photoshoot :D Wonder when we will see Rain in the cover shot of US or Europe magazine ....

Rain Interview with Chinese media: OMO Rain! Your abs are all gone ? :lol:

11.20.09 HQ Rain Nature Republic Photo (& new ad)

cf2.jpg

511.jpg

credit: team jihoon 625

Do you still remember the vid where Kim Sun Ah mentioned Rain???

It was during her Secret Diary. The host of the show was announcer Lee Ji Ae.

Now we have a whole translation of the talk between two ladies :P Lee Ji Ae was very honest :lol:

Link for the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llz7gBdl0Lk

Translation:

MC: What about the next photo?

KSA: This is Rain.

MC: Is this Rain?

KSA: Yes it’s Rain.

MC: I feel that shoulder is special

Caption: She used to worked with Bi in “Rain’s comaback show”.

KSA: Last year when practiced for the dance show after my turn Bi practiced his dance with the dancers for 5-6 songs so his hair and his cloth was wet .I like to see man working hard like that so I took a pic behind of him I felt sweat on his back so nice.I like this style.

Caption: Bi was the man who has a passion.

MC: I think you have the other photo of him.

KSA: Yes I have.

MC: Show me later.

KSA: Do you wan to see that picture by yourself?

Caption: What is Lee Ji Ae thinking?

MC: No, this is for audience.

KSA: No, I don’t think so.

KSA: Now I’ll ask you which is the photo do you wanna have?

MC: Every photos are cool but I’ll decide Rain at the front (she’s mean see his face).

Caption: Of course he’s every woman desire.

KSA: You` re honest.

source and credit: michellephan/ KSA soompi thread

Hi, just wanted to share something I found in my local newspaper - the Toronto Metro - today. I can't wait to watch this movie.

%7Boption%7D091120MetroNews-Rain.jpg

It’s Rain-ing Ninjas

Korean pop star Rain plays an elite killer in Ninja Assassin.

STEVE GOW

FOR METRO CANADA

November 20, 2009 12:39 a.m.

When Korean pop star Rain took the lead role of an elite killer in Ninja Assassin, he knew it was going to be difficult but he surely wasn’t prepared for what would be the most arduous challenge.

“I trained for eight months, five days a week, eight hours a day,” said the 27-year old during a recent stop in Toronto. “(But) the hardest part was food. I really love junk food — French fries, hamburgers, pizza — I ate only chicken breast and vegetables. No sugar, no salt — it was so painful.”

As challenging as his diet was, Ninja Assassin — which opens Wednesday — will be a huge break in North America for the international singer whose already conquered the charts in Asia and been named one of Time Magazine’s 100 Most Influential People Who Shape Our World — an honour that may have helped land him a role in last year’s Speed Racer.

“I couldn’t have done this without the crew (of Speed Racer),” said Rain, noting that directors the Wachowski brothers (who produced Ninja Assassin) marked him for the role from the start. “When we were working on Speed Racer, Larry and Andy Wachowski offered (the role) to me. How could I say no to them?”

Adopting the classic ninja storyline in which orphans are disciplined in secret schools to become stealthy killers, Ninja Assassin tells the tale of an agile ninja (Rain) who rejects the clan and sets his sights on ending the practice of kidnapping children to transform into deadly assassins.

“The history of ninjas is true,” said Rain, explaining that the Japanese lore dates back to the 14th century.

“When I was young, I loved ninja movies because I had a Japanese friend who told me about ninja history … (they’re) very mysterious.”

Assassin also gave Rain the chance to dive into a cinematic genre that’s always fascinated him — martial arts. But while he admits Bruce Lee’s Enter the Dragon is his favourite martial arts movie, it’s another type of actor that Rain personally idolizes.

“Do you know Scarface?” asked Rain rhetorically. “That’s my favourite. I love Al Pacino — I want to work with him.”

Watch out Al, you have a Ninja Assassin on your tail.

http://www.metronews.ca/ottawa/entertainme...rain-ing-ninjas

[Nov-21-2009] Rain attended the Ninja Assassin premiere and received attention by all the world.

Also, it is said hollywood's best-known officials showed enormous interest to new face Rain, expressing the fact they want him to play in their movies during an after party after the event.

This is what I hoped, wished for and what I also expected. Like this I hope he will get more interesting scripts, and not only action movies.

I still can't believe that Rain had his premiere in LA, everything seems like a dream. Now we need to wait 5 more days ... I am dying to watch this movie!!!! Since April 2008, when they started to shoot this movie, we have been impatient to watch it and now finally the moment has come!

Guest prissasagaritakehito

Película #1 en taquilla en U.S. el pasado fin de semana: Disney's A Christmas Carol ver más Buscar Búsqueda Avanzada OAS_AD('Top1'); var bannerName = '468x60vueltaenu-junio08.swf'; var width = '466'; var height = '60'; //other config var Wmode = "transparent"; var Bgcolor = "#ffffff"; var clickTag = 'clickTAG'; // no modificar nada mas var adServer = "http://ads.nacion.com"; var PAGE = "www.cinemania.co.cr"; var RAND = "1212329216"; var POS = "Top1"; var CAMP = "OasDefault/VueltaenU-06.24.08"; var IMAGE = "ll468x60Vuelta35mm-junio08.html"; var USER = "62643932356136643462303834646330"; document.write("" + ""); OAS_AD('Middle'); var bannerName = 'siguenos_cine.swf'; var width = '468'; var height = '60'; //other config var Wmode = "transparent"; var Bgcolor = "#ffffff"; var clickTag = 'clickTAG'; // no modificar nada mas var adServer = "http://ads.nacion.com"; var PAGE = "www.cinemania.co.cr"; var RAND = "671807371"; var POS = "Middle"; var CAMP = "OasDefault/CINEMANIA_468X60"; var IMAGE = "ll468x60Siguenos-nov09.html"; var USER = "62643932356136643462303834646330"; document.write("" + "");

Asesino Ninja "Ninja Assassin" (2009)

ninja_asesino_mediana.jpg

Ninja Assassin cuenta la historia de Raizo (Rain), uno de los asesinos ms terribles del mundo. Fue recogido en las calles en la infancia, y transformado en un asesino adiestrado por el Clan Ozunu, una sociedad secreta cuya existencia est considerada una leyenda. Pero atormentado por la ejecucin sin piedad de su amigo por el Clan, Raizo se escapa de ellosy desaparece. Ahora espera, preparandose para cobrar su venganza.

En Berlin, el agente de Europol Mika Coretti (Naomie Harris) se ha topado con una pista de financiacin que enlaza varios asesinatos polticos a una red subterrnea de asesinos del Oriente lejano nada faciles de encontrar. Desafiando los ordenes de su jefe, Ryan Maslow (Ben Miles), Mika investiga en algunos de los archivos ms secretos de la agencia para descubrir la verdad detrs de los asesinatos. Esta investigacin suya la convierte en blanco de los asesinos, y el Clan Ozunu envia un equipo de matones, liderado por el letl Takeshi (Rick Yune), para acallarla para siempre. Raizo salva a Mika de sus asaltantes, pero sabe que el Clan no descansar hasta que haya eliminado a los dos. Ahora, enredados en un juego mortal del gato y el ratn atravs de las calles de Europa, Raizo y Mika tienen que confiarse el uno en el otro si esperan sobreviviry acabar por fin con el escurridizo Clan Ozunu.

Direccin:
James McTeigue
/Produccin:
Andy Wachowski, Larry Wachowski, Joel Silver
/Reparto
: Naomie Harris, Rain, Randall Duk Kim, Sung Kang, Rick Yune, Guido Fhrweier, Sh Kosugi, Ben Miles, Togo Igawa, Stephen Marcus
/Gnero:
Accin
/Mes de estreno:
Diciembre 2009
/Duracin
: 99 min.

NINJA ASSASIN IN MEXICO THIS IS THE PLOT SUMMARY

http://www.cinemania.co.cr/content/article...2009/Page1.html

11.21.09 Rain in the Forecast, Ninja Assassin Interview with Kam Williams

Jeong “Rain” Jihoon was born in Seoul, South Korea on June 25, 1982 where he and his younger sister were raised in poverty by their single mother after their father abandoned the family for Brazil. Rain was a very shy child who developed an interest in dancing while in junior high. He continued to pursue that passion at Anyang School for the Arts, where also added acting and singing to his repertoire.

He began neglecting his studies to go out on auditions during his junior year when his mom could no longer support the family as a street vendor due to a debilitating diabetes condition. Unfortunately, he found himself being repeatedly rejected for supposedly being unattractive, because he didn’t have double eyelids.

When his mother died while he was still a teenager, failure was no longer an option. Dedicating his career to her, Rain persevered, and eventually blossomed into a handsome hunk popular enough to go by just one name. In fact, the striking, 6’ tall actor/dancer/model/singing sensation subsequently landed on both Time Magazine’s “100 Most Influential People Who Shape Our World” list and on People Magazine’s “100 Most Beautiful People” list.

He made his musical debut with the 2002 album “Rain,” and subsequently starred on the TV series “Sang Doo! Let’s Go To School.” His second CD, “How to Avoid the Sun,” was followed by “It’s Raining,” which sold over one million copies in Asia. And his “Rainy Day” concert tour featured sold-out dates in Korea, Japan, China, Taiwan and the United States, including a couple of shows at New York City’s Madison Square Garden. His fourth album, “Rain’s World,” was released in 2006 and kick-started another highly-acclaimed world tour.

So, it’s no surprise that Rain became the first Asian artist invited to perform at the MTV Video Music Awards. His other music industry honors include the MTV Asia Grand Slam, being named Favorite Korean Artist by MTV, and winning the Most Popular Asian Artist Award in Thailand, as well as the Best Buzz Asia Award at MTV Japan’s Video Music Awards and the Best Korean Singer Award at the Mandarin Music Honors in Beijing.

Here, Rain talks about playing the title role in Ninja Assassin, a martial arts action flick likely to turn the versatile pop icon into a bona fide Hollywood box office attraction.

Kam Williams: Hi Rain, thanks so much for the time.

Rain: Hi, how are ya?

KW: Great, and you?

R: I’m fine. Have you seen my movie?

KW: Yes, I loved it, and I thought your performance was great.

R: Oh, thank you.

KW: What interested you in Ninja Assassin?

R: Actually, Andy and Larry Wachowski offered me the role when we were working on Speed Racer, and I said, “Yes!” I just couldn’t say, “No.”

KW: I heard you had a very serious training regimen for this part.

R: Yes, I trained 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, for 8 months to try to make body look like Bruce Lee’s. It was hard, and studied a lot of martial arts: I learned tae-kwon-do, aikido, kung-fu, kickboxing, sword, double-sword, chain and shuriken.

KW: Did you have a special diet?

R: No sugar, no salt, and I ate only chicken breast and vegetables.

KW: The character you play in Ninja Assassin had a difficult childhood. Did you identify at all with Raizo because you had a rough childhood, too?

R: No, it was very different from mine, but I loved playing him.

KW: I saw an interview with the actress Megan Fox where she said she saw you without your shirt on, and that she’d like you to sing to her. She also said that she wants to have a date and that she could see herself falling in love with you? Did you hear about her having a crush on you?

R: Yes, I heard about it from my agent.

KW: So, are you willing to go on a date with her?

R: Of course! [LOL]

KW: Have you ever seen the Japanese, reality-TV series Ninja Warrior? I was wondering whether you’d ever like to compete on the show and see if you could master the obstacle course.

R: Ninja Warrior? I’m not familiar with it.

KW: Maybe the show has a different name in Korea. How did it feel to make People Magazine’s 100 Most Beautiful People in the World List?

R: It was amazing! I couldn’t believe it. That was good news.

KW: Maybe more importantly, you were also named one of the 100 Most Influential People Who Shape Our World by Time Magazine. What did you think about that?

R: I was really surprised because I didn’t think I was that influential.

KW: The Rudy Lewis question: Who’s at the top of your hero list?

R: My mother passed away when I was young, because we were so poor. It is because of her that I’m here. She’s my hero. I love her. I miss her.

KW: Is it true, that you visit her gravesite every time before you leave the country?

R: Yes, always.

KW: You sing, dance, act, model and design clothes. Which is your favorite thing to do?

R: You know what? That’s like asking someone if they prefer their mother or their father. I love all of them, singing, dancing, acting…

KW: Ling-Ju Yen says that you are famous for your dance moves. She was wondering whether you were inspired by Michael Jackson and how you felt about his death.

R: Yes, when I was young, I loved Michael Jackson. He was my idol. I loved him, and I’m still so sad about his passing.

KW: Ling-Ju also asks, do you think that Ninja Assassin will create more opportunities in Hollywood for actors from Asia?

R: Hopefully.

KW: Yale Grad Tommy Russell would like to know: What do you think the likelihood is of a reunification of South and North Korea?

R: I’d very much like to see a reunification.

KW: Tommy has another question: who is your favorite Asian actress?

R: I think Gong Li is the most incredible actress.

KW: Larry Greenberg says that his Korean friends show him great warmth and hospitality. But he has never met any who are like the ninjas he sees in the movies. He asks if ninja assassins are common in Korea?

R: [Laughs] No, that’s just in the movies.

KW: Marcia Evans asks if you are familiar with a Korean jazz singer named Insooni?

R: Insooni? Yes, I know her. She’s a very beautiful and talented diva.

KW: Why did you launch your own clothing line last year?

R: It was always my dream to design a clothing line. So, I did it.

KW: How would you describe it?

R: My clothing line, Six to Five, is very casual.

KW: I know you are pals with a lot of hip-hop icons who also go by one name. Guys like Diddy, Omarion and Tyrese have appeared onstage with you in the U.S. Do you have plans for another concert in America soon?

R: Yes, I have a concert in Las Vegas on Christmas Day. It’ll be huge.

KW: I have to admit that I had been unfamiliar with your music, but preparing for this interview I checked out a lot of your videos, like “The Way to Avoid the Sun,” “I’m Coming,” “I Do” and “Any Dream,” and I was quite impressed. They’re tremendous! Now, I’m a big fan, too!

R: Thank you so much. That is my honor.

KW: No, it is my honor. Is there any question no one ever asks you, that you wish someone would?

R: Yes, do you have a girlfriend?

KW: Okay, do you have a girlfriend?

R: I don’t have a girlfriend, but I need a girlfriend. So, I hope to find one very soon. I’m very lonely.

KW: Well, I might be able to help by spreading the word. I have a lot of female readers. What type of woman are you looking for?

R: I love all kinds of sexy girls.

KW: The Tasha Smith question: Are you ever afraid?

R: Un-huh.

KW: The Columbus Short question: Are you happy?

R: Yes, I’m so happy to be here, traveling all around the U.S.

KW: The Teri Emerson question: When was the last time you had a good laugh?

R: 5 minutes ago.

KW: The bookworm Troy Johnson question: What was the last book you read?

R: A Korean book about sports.

KW: The music maven Heather Covington question: What are you listening to on your iPod?

R: I love rap music. Notorious B.I.G. and Tupac and Eminem.

KW: When you look in the mirror, what do you see?

R: The future… Just the future… a better future ahead.

KW: What is your favorite dish to cook?

R: I never cook. I’m always too busy too cook.

KW: Thanks again, Rain, and best of luck with Ninja Assassin and all your many other endeavors.

R: Thank you, sir.

source: kamwilliams.com

credit: rainalice, sixtofive1982

Guest tyty6_7

Exclusive Interview with Korean Star Rain

brought to you by : http://asianfanatics.net

Already a superstar across Asia through music, television, and film, Korean sensation Rain sets his sight next on conquering the rest of the world with the release of "Ninja Assassin." In his second Hollywood film, Rain plays the deadly assassin Raizo. Trained from childhood to be a merciless assassin for hire by the mysterious Ozunu Clan, Raizo turns his back on the Clan after witnessing the death of his true love. Raizo teams with Europol agent Mika Corretti (Naomi Harris) to bring down the clandestine Clan. But the Clan sends its own team of lethal ninjas to silence Raizo and Mika…

Prior to the release of “Ninja Assassin” on November 25th, Rain sat down with Asianfanatics.net for an exclusive English interview in New York City to discuss the role and filming in Hollywood.

Before his roles in “Speed Racer” and “Ninja Assassin,” Rain filmed several television dramas and a movie in Korea. When asked to contrast the Korean film industry and the Hollywood one, Rain described, “I think the movie-making process is very similar, but the scale is very different. Hollywood is much bigger.”

However, the experience and training from his time in the Korean entertainment industry prepared Rain to tackle on the character of Raizo, in particular the physical aspects of the role. The film features Raizo in numerous tightly choreographed fight scenes. The years spent on developing his dancing skills allowed Rain to perform most his own stunts in “Ninja Assassin.” He described, “Yes [dancing] helped. I think that martial arts and dancing are very very similar. In "A Love to Kill" I learned kickboxing. For “Ninja Assassin,” I used kickboxing, Tae Kwon Do, Tai Chi, Karate to film the stunts. We also trained to use swords, double swords and chains." As for his weapon of choice, the Korean superstar chose the weapons that suited his character the most. Flexible, stylish, but yet extremely dangerous for both the opponent and the user: the chains (ed. official name of the weapon is Kusarigama, Sickle with a weight attached by a chain.)

In order to train his body for the role, Rain had to adhere to a strict diet during the filming shoot. His main diet at the time consisted mainly of chicken breasts and vegetables. When asked if there was any food he missed in particular during those days, Rain said with a laugh: "I missed kimchi, sushi, shark fin soup, and every Asian food."

As a final word in the interview, Rain hopes that all Asian artists trying to break into Hollywood will be successful.

This interview was conducted by AF-member (and former mod) nanshi. All pictures from the interview are copyrighted by lau1c.

Nanshi shared with us her experience during the interview. Here's her story :

It was windy, chilly, and lau1c and I arrived a bit too early at The London Hotel in NYC Midtown for comfort. Still, we enjoyed watching the Ninja Assassin trailer fifty dozen times and chit-chatting with the other Warner Bros. personnel that were flitting around before we were escorted into a small room (cluttered with cameras, wires, and sound equipment!) for a one-on-one interview with Rain. Most of it we just spent alternating between calming ourselves down, worrying about my wardrobe [okay, that was mostly me], and trying not to be supremely bored or whine overly much about getting there too early.

For full disclosure's sake, I am not a professional journalist and therefore: please make allowances for my supreme awkwardness. The questions were provided for me by AF and the interview was closely watched by Warner Bros. personnel that were in the room. AF was also the last interview of the day, so it was understandable that all the crew and Rain & his entourage (including a very very cute male manager/assistant/translator?) were in a rush to get us out of there as fast as possible. Rain's body language and posture certainly conveyed a certain eagerness to dash out the door as soon as possible. To the point of awkwardness, mind you. I understand that for males, crossing their legs at the knee is the European style of sitting... but it still looks so girly.

(Later, I understood that he had been in the press conference since early in the morning till the afternoon, and had this kind of short interviews for the early evening. No wonder he seemed to have enough. I even wonder if he got anything to eat for this day. Also, directly after our interview, he's to be expected at another promotional gig. )

Before we began, Rain engaged in some small talk. Asked me where I was from. I adamantly refused to let him hear what he wanted to -- I live in Manhattan, was born in Queens, NY, and resided in New Jersey for most of my life. If you want to know what ethnicity I am, ASK! Maybe I should've told him I was from South Africa. Just to mess with his head. Rain certainly does have a larger-than-life appeal and I can see why he's such a great performer and a powerhouse entertainer; I had a bit of a brainless moment where I actually did not recognize him even though he was standing only a few feet away from him. I peered around the room and lau1c was quietly exclaiming that he was right there in front of me and yet... I didn't recognize him. When I finally did, I came to a startling conclusion that he seemed SO TALL (mind you, I was 5'10'' -- roughly 178cm -- at the time. So for me to concede that someone was tall -- he was TALL).

That faded away after awhile though, and once in the room and sized up next to him, it wasn't that dramatic of a height after all. He is the purported 6' that profiles have established him to be. I'm also a monster.

The interview itself was as quick-paced as you could expect it to be. lau1c commented that it was good that I was fast on my feet otherwise we could've stumbled badly and looked really unprofessional in front of some people that were already pretty peeved at us because we were the last interview. Rain wasn't obnoxious. A bit antsy, but not obnoxious. Total record time: 5:07 (yes, that's five minutes and seven seconds). We were "promised" 20 minutes with Rain, but it's understandable. He was able to understand me without the aid of a translator and he answered questions quickly and succinctly. I was able to ask Rain most of the questions that pertained to the film and were provided to me.

All in all, certainly a worthwhile experience. I was never a big fan of Rain's -- but I was a little surprised that I wasn't treated as such (a fan I mean. I expected him to be a bit more gracious). lau1c and I were anticipating autographs and maybe a few small informal exchanges, but what we got was lau1c nearly tackling him (verbally) to take photos with us. We were there as journalists. Not as fans. No doubt he would've been a bit more enthusiastic had we been anticipatory fans complete with signs and CDs and ... tears. Still, not a bad experience. It certainly was interesting.

Don't forget to go out and support Rain on November 25th (or whenever Ninja Assassin releases near you)! Regardless of whether or not it's a bad movie, it deserves some support!