Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

Check Out Rain at the Ninja Assassin Premiere in Los Angeles!

20091118_ninjaassassin_01.jpg

Pumped up for some majorly kick-richard simmons ninja action?

We've still got a whole week before Rain hits up big screens across America with Ninja Assassin, but if you're located in Los Angeles, you can show your support for Rain when he steps out on the red carpet at the Hollywood premiere tomorrow evening!

As you probably know by now, Ninja Assassin follows the story of Raizo (Rain), one of the deadliest assassins in the world who seeks vengeance when the clan that raised him executes his best friend. This film's filled with sword-swinging action and is definitely one you can't pass up!

On Thursday, November 19, Ninja Assassin will be holding its Hollywood premiere at Grauman's Chinese Theatre, and Rain wants YOU to be there. Check out the information for this event below:

Grauman’s Chinese Theatre

Thursday, 11/19

6925 Hollywood Blvd.

Los Angeles, CA

Red carpet arrivals begin 6:00 PM - we encourage fans to be outside the theatre from 6 – 7 to welcome Rain!

And that's not all - Rain is also attending a Ninja Assassin Movie Release Party at Club Kress Friday night, so you can check him out there as well!

NINJA ASSASSIN Movie Release Party @ KRESS

Friday, November 20th

9:30 pm - 2:00 am

SPECIAL Appearance by RAIN, Korean actor/singer

SPECIAL Performance by DUMBFOUNDEAD (check out our interview)

Kress

6608 Hollywood Blvd.

Hollywood, CA 90028

more info: http://www.whisperla.com/la/event4.aspx

20091118_ninjaassassin_02.jpg

Make sure to check out our exclusive interview with Rain about Ninja Assassin. For more information on this film, visit the official website at Ninja-Assassin-Movie.warnerbros.com.

sr: allkpop

http://www.allkpop.com/index.php/full_stor...in_los_angeles/

11.18.09 Ninja Assassin a loving tribute to ’80s action

“Is the world ready for a Korean Clark Kent?”

Fans may have expected James McTeigue’s follow-up to 2005’s V for Vendetta to be another sprawling tale of political intrigue. Instead, he went for Ninja Assassin, an admittedly frivolous genre piece.

The Australian-born director, recently in town for the flick’s debut at the Vancouver International Film Festival, has always been drawn to graphic novels, animation, and bold design.

“It just so happened that I was lucky enough to start my career with a lot of really good things, and they were visually exciting projects,” McTeigue told the Georgia Straight while gazing out a hotel window. “I do seem to have pronounced inclinations in that direction. I got in on the tail end of the Australian renaissance, assisting directors like Bruce Beresford and Samantha Lang, so by the time I got to Hollywood, my credentials were fairly strong.”

The future filmmaker worked as a first assistant director on pop-culture projects like the Matrix movies and Attack of the Clones, and last year—long after directing Vendetta—did second-unit direction on Speed Racer. Except for a Star Wars side trip with George Lucas, much of his labour has been associated with Chicago brothers Andy and Larry Wachowski, also the key producers for Assassin, which opens here Wednesday (November 25).

“I love that filmmaking is such a collaborative effort. I get the auteur theory, sort of, but it’s pretty hard to say that you’re the single most important element on a set when there are so many people involved.”

That may be one reason he was so happy when the Matrix makers agreed to produce the tale of a lone-wolf ninja, on the run since breaking away from an obscure Japanese order that trains indefatigable killers for hire in a remote mountain retreat.

“I do love comics, graphic novels, and games of all sorts,” he said, “and Ninja gave me a chance to draw on that, if you’ll forgive the pun, but also to have elements of film noir, with a heavy use of negative space, as well as some outright horror. But mainly we wanted to make a tribute to the cheesy ninja movies we enjoyed in the ’80s.”

The other central attraction was the chance to work with Rain, the project’s leading man and a rising star throughout Asia and, now, the West.

“His screen presence and sense of himself is really extraordinary,” the director asserted. “Also, it may be time for a changing of the guard, where all the Jackie Chans and Jet Lis are concerned.”

Born Jeong Ji-Hoon in Seoul, South Korea, Rain grew up in poverty, with singing and dancing skills his tickets to survival and more—although he now describes the Korean talent mill as its own kind of nightmare. After emerging as a backup performer for established star Park Jin Young, Rain had hit CDs, got massive media coverage, and made his U.S. debut in 2006, selling out two shows at Manhattan’s Madison Square Garden.

At the same time, he was developing a parallel career as an actor, with Korean comedies and TV dramas leading to his English-language breakthrough as Emile Hirsch’s Korean teammate in Speed Racer, which is where the Wachowskis entered the picture.

“They said they had another movie for me,” Rain himself said on the phone from Toronto, where he was doing press for Ninja’s North American release.

“Of course,” he added in good, if halting, English, “I didn’t know how hard it would be. I trained for eight months, five hours a day, six days a week, and I had the same diet as Bruce Lee: chicken breasts and vegetables, no sugar or starch. That wasn’t easy. I also learned martial arts, lots of stuff with swords and chains.”

All this cinematic opportunity means that Rain is letting his music go for now, although he hopes to get back to singing and romantic comedies in the future.

“Asian fans have a different view of me. More people in the West have an interest in martial arts, and, lucky for me, dancing is a very good training for martial arts. But I’d like to do action, horror, comedy—everything.”

So far, he’s been pretty lucky, too, in his choice of Hollywood company.

“The Wachowskis have an amazing ability to make dreams come true. They are actually kind of similar to James McTeigue in the way they direct: they are very humble and kind, and that is helpful when you are kind of a beginner,” he added with a laugh.

The big difference between his last two movies, aside from the size of the role, was largely technical.

“Speed Racer was almost 90 percent green screen,” Rain explained, “with lots of computer work. There was almost none of that in Ninja—just safety wire and old-fashioned special effects, all on the set. No camera tricks, just another kind of dancing.”

There are rumours that McTeigue is in the running for a chance to update the Superman franchise. Just one question: is the world ready for a Korean Clark Kent?

By Ken Eisner

source: straight.com (Vancouver)

[18-Nov-09][Korean times] Rain embraces a Korean-Canadian girl warly, at Ninja Assassin premiere in Canada.

http://sixtofive1982.files.wordpress.com/2...4a331a28329.jpg

Rain who visited Toronto in Canada last 16th for the promotion of his hollywood movie Ninja Assassin, gave a great gift to a Korean girl who lives in that country through the Korean Times.

'Kim Hyun-Ji', the little girl, who started for Toronto from Minden of north Ontario at 5 : 00 am to see Rain, took an occasion to come face to face with him. The 12-year old girl is only about 40 inches in stature because she is lame of her growth.

Earlier in the day, The Korean Times told Warner Brothers the whole story of it, but they did not permit for this has nothing to do with the promotion. However, we spoke to Rain in our interview with him about her earnest wish and he was quite willing to see her.

credit to The Korean times http://www.koreatimes.net/46586

Brief transaltion by rain bird

Hi Thu, thanks for sharing this article. This is another good deed of RAIN! This girl despite being handicapped is so lucky - aside that RAIN went near to her he still gave her a hugs. I hope her operation next year will be a success! Hoping also for her speedy recovery. :P:lol:

Hi jini, thanks for sharing another trailer. He deserves to have another movie from Wachowski Brothers & a main character at that! I know among all his movies this will be another unforgettable role for him more importantly it's a Hollywood film.. Each project he acts in either a movie or a drama leave me speechless. He’s wonderful! :P:lol:

Ninja Assassin - Official Rain Interview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaPyxItOh7k

jini, thanks again for this clip. Hahaha - I turned-off the audio but just looking at his lips I know if he's speaking here in his native language or in English. But he talked a little long here in English, huh - guys, do you think he memorized what he said here or impromptu? Whatever - fighting, RAIN! :P:lol:

[11-19] Preview Ninja Assassin Game App

source: http://www.iphonespies.com/iphone-apps/gam...assin-game-app/

Vengeance is yours!

Immerse yourself in the ruthless underworld of Ninja Assassin – the brutal, action-packed game for the iPhone™/iPod touch® inspired by the motion picture Ninja Assassin. Presented by Warner Bros. Pictures, in association with Legendary Pictures and Dark Castle Entertainment, Ninja Assassin comes to theaters November 25.

Welcome to the chaotic hack n’ slash world of Raizo, one of the deadliest assassins in the world. Armed with a deadly chain-blade, duel-katanas and shurikens, battle your way through wave after wave of enemies by simply swiping your finger across the screen, thus severing limbs, removing heads, and even slicing bodies in two. Be sure to hide in the shadows, waiting for the perfect opportunity to engage countless enemies and overwhelming bosses through 12 harrowing levels, leading to the ultimate confrontation!

FEATURES:

- Intense 3rd-Person Combat – Visceral “Hit-point” system allows player to sever enemy limbs

- Intuitive Hack-n-Slash Gameplay – Gesture-based combat controls enable the user to attack with a simple swipe of the finger

- Engaging Story – Featuring 12 action-packed levels spanning over 4 harrowing acts – separated by original hand-painted artwork inspired by the film

- Stunning Visuals – Showing-off highly stylized, vector-based character models

- Global Leaderboards – Player can rank themselves against the rest of the world

- Personalized Playlist – Listen to your own music while slicing and dicing your way through the game

NAGameipod_767457.jpg

NAgameipod_767457_5.jpg

Credit : rainalice/rainlegend

091118 Ninja Assassin - Rain Interview @ Tributes Bonnie Laufer

---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cl9ISpkFZXY

0.4247631_26291_1.jpg

0.4247633_26291_1.jpg

Korean Pop singing sensation Rain is making a name for himself in the movie biz. The talented performer had a small part in the Wachowski Brothers film Speed Racer and it was then that they knew he had to be the star of their next project, Ninja Assassin. Rain trained for months and followed a strict eating plan to become fit and agile to perform pretty well all of the stunts and martial artistry you will see in Ninja Assassin. Tributes Bonnie Laufer had the chance to talk to Rain during a promotional stop in Toronto about working on this non stop action filled film, his strict discipline while preparing for it and how his music career still fits into the picture.

sr: tribute.ca / JungYuRi @ rain-cloud

Why did RAIN choose Ninja Assassin?

ninja_assassin_poster02.jpg

….because “He is very sexy.”

Do you agree?

Leading man, Rain, along with the movie director, James McTeigue talked about the new action flick, “Ninja Assassin” with the “Korean Beacon” in New York on November 13th.

rain_ninjaassassin_091119.jpg

Rain seemed comfortable with the director by his side since he was “rubbing” his back (ok, it was the chair) as well as speaking in English. Although his Engrish skills have improved since last year but he did answer a question in Korean when he had to explain his character in detail.

The cutest part of the interview was when Rain was asked how it felt to have his own movie, and he said “Finally, you know. I’m going to be a superstar. Keep watching me.“

The full interview is a click away:

*** video here :

Ninja Assassin opens in Korean theaters on November 26th, and for American theaters on November 25th.

Source : popseoul

http://popseoul.com/2009/11/19/why-did-rai...sin/#more-68373

Hi everyone, I think this is my first posting at this thread - sorry to pause your interest on Ninja Assassin. :D Here's sharing some interesting travelling highlights from KTO. :)

Experience Hallyu Up Close - Hallyu Experience Centers

863113_1_11.jpg

Winter Sonata’ (2002), ‘All-in’ (2003), ‘Jewel in the Palace’ (2003) are some of the most popular Korean dramas to date. The dramas’ leading actors/actresses Bae Yong-Joon, Song Hye-kyo, and Lee Young-ae respectively, all went on to become some of Korea's most beloved stars of all time.

These dramas may have ended quite some time ago, but the heartfelt emotions remain. So it’s only natural for true fans to want to visit their favorite dramas’ sets, take pictures with the shows’ heroes/heroines, and buy souvenirs that remind them of their favorite actors/actresses. Think of how exciting it could be if you could even recite some of your favorite lines while wearing the actual costumes worn by your favorite actors/actresses!

If you want to experience Hallyu (the Korean wave) up close and personal, here are some perfect places for you. The VisitKorea team recommends the following great spots where you can experience the best of Hallyu culture and “meet” some of the most popular icons of Korean culture including TVXQ, Big Bang, and Rain.

Star Avenue

Take a closer look at the lives of your favorite celebrities!

863113_1_3.jpg

The first thing you will see on your left upon entering the building is an exhibition hall that displays costumes, props, and personal memorabilia donated by stars like Rain, Big Bang, TVQX, Choi Ji-woo, Park Yong-ha, and Song Seung-heon. Souvenirs can be purchased by visiting the Lotte Duty Free Star Shop on the 10th floor of the Lotte Department Store.

As you continue on into the building, you'll also find sections such as 'Star Center,' where you can send emails to your favorite stars, and 'With Star' where you can become a star in one of your favorite dramas through the use of computer technology. Other sections include 'Music Star,' where you can sing or dance to a song of your pick, and 'Drama Star,' where you can get a souvenir photo of yourself wearing costumes actually used in your favorite dramas.

Among all the exciting things 'Star Avenue' has to offer, the experience at 'With Star' is especially one not to be missed! At 'With Star' visitors can ride a motorcycle alongside a virtualized version of Song Seung-heon, the hero of the drama 'East of Eden.'

INFO

Location: At the South Gate of Lotte World, B1 floor, Hallyu Star Street

How to get there: Take subway line #2 or #8 to Jamsil Stn.

Walk through the underground arcade and come out at exit #3, or #4.

Office hours: 10:00~21:00 (24/7)

Information: +82-2-411-0050.

Admission/Participation fee: Adults 10,000 KRW, Children 7,000 KRW

Free admission:

- Holders of a Lotte World one-day pass

- Holders of a receipt from the Lotte Duty Free Shops showing a purchase of more than $200 or holders of a receipt from the Star Shop

For More Information: Lotte World Star Avenue

If you make a purchase of even a dollar at the Star Shop on the 10th floor of the Lotte Department Store, your entrance to Star Avenue is free. So make sure to stop at Star Shop before your visit to Star Avenue!

KTO - TIC

863113_1_8.jpg

In response to international travelers' expressed interest in Korean culture, in 2004 the TIC (Tourist Information Center) opened the Korean Wave Hall on the ground floor of the Korean Tourism Organization building. The Hall is sectioned off into four parts: Film/Drama Corner; Star Corner; Media Corner; and Music Corner, each of which provides visitors with a fun hands-on experience of Korean culture.

'Star Corner,' the most popular of all the sections, displays life-sized posters of famous Hallyu stars like Rain, Jang Dong-gun, Song Seung-heon, and Choi Ji-woo. Visitors who take their picture alongside their favorite "stars" seem to enjoy themselves just as much as meeting their best-loved celebrities in person! Other visitors can be found listening to the OSTs from popular Hallyu dramas or their other favorite Korean songs. Even if they can't understand the Korean language, the feelings portrayed in the songs are so powerful that they transcend both time and language barriers.

At TIC not only can you receive helpful tourist information, but you can take a deeper look at popular Korean Hallyu culture as well.

INFO

Location: B1 of KTO building, 40 Cheonggyecheon-ro Street, Jung-gu, Seoul

How to get there: Take subway line #1 to Jonggak Stn. exit #5.

Walk for about 100m. Located across from Youngpoong Book Store

Office Hours: 09:00 - 20:00

Contact Information: +82-2-7299-497~499

Admission is free

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For more details, please visit this site/link :

http://english.visitkorea.or.kr/enu/SI/SI_...&cid=863113

Credits KTO

11.18.09 New Photo of Rain

091119a1.jpg

source: fuuta0913

11.18.09 Another Photo of Rain in Toronto

a2009111807.jpg

source: koreatimes.net

Hi everyone, I think this is my first posting at this thread - sorry to pause your interest on Ninja Assassin. :D Here's sharing some interesting travelling highlights from KTO. :)

Experience Hallyu Up Close - Hallyu Experience Centers

http://english.visitkorea.or.kr/enu/cms/co...863113_1_11.jpg

Winter Sonata’ (2002), ‘All-in’ (2003), ‘Jewel in the Palace’ (2003) are some of the most popular Korean dramas to date. The dramas’ leading actors/actresses Bae Yong-Joon, Song Hye-kyo, and Lee Young-ae respectively, all went on to become some of Korea's most beloved stars of all time.

These dramas may have ended quite some time ago, but the heartfelt emotions remain. So it’s only natural for true fans to want to visit their favorite dramas’ sets, take pictures with the shows’ heroes/heroines, and buy souvenirs that remind them of their favorite actors/actresses. Think of how exciting it could be if you could even recite some of your favorite lines while wearing the actual costumes worn by your favorite actors/actresses!

For more details, please visit this site/link :

http://english.visitkorea.or.kr/enu/SI/SI_...&cid=863113

Credits KTO

Hi Fel, thanks for sharing this here. So nice to see you again - It's been a while since I last saw your post in other threads. I saw your post in All In thread just a while ago about this. You see, most of the topics here nowadays are regarding his movie. But you're always welcome to post anything even not related to his upcoming movie - hehehe - we always enjoy reading anything about RAIN! :P:lol:

Anssit today has watched NA , I'm so curious how is she feeling???

Anssit , where are you??

Why you don't appear and say something.

How is the film????

Hahaha Angelordevil....your curiosity kills th cat !!

Yep, I hv watched NINJA Assassin last nite....the theatre was FULLHOUSE wif I assumed to be Bi's fans...

Firstly, let me confessed...I am not so crazy neither a fan of martial art, action-pack, brutal, bloody kind of movies...but as I am supporting our dear BI...and I think he deserved my 2 hours of time since he worked so hard in this film...so there I was...

What I think - The movie has too much of BLOOD...(yeah, I agree when someone said it has more blood in the movie than in the blood bank!!). rather ultraviolent i would say....And Rain...I think if I compare with Speed Racer, he has improved a lot in acting skills and also his english dialogue..though we could count by fingers how much he spoke during the course of this movie...I was quite amazed by his pronounciation indeed, he did fairly good!!. Some part of the scene he was quite expressioness....maybe he needs to look cold ( ninjas = no emotion)... And some parts of the scene, he made us laughed!!

'He doesn't look like a killer to me....he looks more like a singer fm a boyband....' a dialogue from a scene when he was kept captive by the EuroPol....LOLLLlllLLL!!!! Everyone was laughing!! :lol:

Well, I would say I did enjoyed myself watching th movie!! :D It was really a KICK-&#! movie ( Oopps! I am using the current Bi's famous word!!!!!!!)

My camera wasn't working well last nite....here are some photos.

PB180828.jpg

PB180830-1.jpg

PB180823.jpg

Hahaha Angelordevil....your curiosity kills th cat !!

Yep, I hv watched NINJA Assassin last nite....the theatre was FULLHOUSE wif I assumed to be Bi's fans...

Firstly, let me confessed...I am not so crazy neither a fan of martial art, action-pack, brutal, bloody kind of movies...but as I am supporting our dear BI...and I think he deserved my 2 hours of time since he worked so hard in this film...so there I was...

What I think - The movie has too much of BLOOD...(yeah, I agree when someone said it has more blood in the movie than in the blood bank!!). rather ultraviolent i would say....And Rain...I think if I compare with Speed Racer, he has improved a lot in acting skills and also his english dialogue..though we could count by fingers how much he spoke during the course of this movie...I am quite amazed by his pronouciation indeed. Some part of the scene he was quite expressioness....maybe he needs to look cold ( ninjas = no emotion)... And some parts of the scene, he made us laughed!!

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee93/an...LD/PB180828.jpg

Hi Annsit, thanks for sharing your thoughts about the movie & thanks also for posting some photos. You captured them well, dear! I'll take note of that scene you mentioned - Good, that you enjoyed watching the movie despite the fact that you're not a fan of martial arts or an action movie for that matter. But well, we're talking about RAIN here, right? :P:lol:

091118 Ninja Assassin - Rain Interview @ Tributes Bonnie Laufer

---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cl9ISpkFZXY

http://c.uploadanh.com/upload/1/655/0.4247631_26291_1.jpg

http://c.uploadanh.com/upload/1/655/0.4247633_26291_1.jpg

sr: tribute.ca / JungYuRi @ rain-cloud

Hi YuRi, thanks for sharing this clip & some captures from the video. RAIN has practiced his English skills nowadays – he talks in this language often. It’s good since the more he does it, the better he gets. I’m sure he learns fast. :P:lol:

Guest adikkeluangman

I saw NA trailer in MTV Asia/Channel V yesterday. Suddenly it hit me that I can saw the BTS in my local TV. Can't wait if it true.

Anyway, today I saw two billboard of NA in Kuala Lumpur. But it not strategically location. It in the city. Seriously I can't remember the exact place and which road coz it not strategic place. The billboard not big. Why not on the "Billboard Highway". There is one Highway that I called that because along the road especially at one location there are many billboard. Or maybe I sleep on the journey.

Can't wait for advance screening in KL next week. I not sure if they had anything special on that day. I mean, Rain not scheduled to be in Malaysia on 24th November... if only.

Guest angelordevil

Thanks Anssit for sharing your feeling and some pics

keke.

09-11-19 more Rain at Toronto Ninja Assassin screening

1258634154808578_file.jpg

1258634159539156_file.jpg

1258634156765911_file.jpg

1258634157872207_file.jpg

From//memo rain blog //rainhk

Guest tyty6_7

Ansit, thank you for your fan acocunt... you made me feel scared and excited at the same time...

I hope that his fans who already watched this movie in the advance screening in your country will watch the movie again when it is released to support our hard working Rain.... It will be sad if the advance screening was full house in most places, but the real released day will be empty....

Hope everybody will support him ... (I said this because I know some people who called themselves his true or hard core fans, but just want to see him at the advance screening for free...how sad it is)....

11.19.09 Movie Q&A: Rain with NOW Magazine

The man they call Rain enters the Windsor Arms suite quietly, escorted by a retinue of half a dozen people – manager, stylists, studio minder, translator. He’s dressed elegantly but simply – except for a diamond-encrusted wristwatch, which I’m pretty sure cost more than my car.

Rain is a superstar in his native Korea, a pop idol and an actor who’s appeared in several films, including Park Chan-wook’s quirky romance I’m A Cyborg (But That’s OK), but he’s virtually unknown in the West.

Well, he used to be, until Stephen Colbert created a (fake) rivalry with the pop star over their positions at the top of Time Magazine’s online Top 100 list in 2008.

That was right around the time Rain popped up as one of the many international cast members in the Wachowski brothers’ Speed Racer, which led directly to a title role in their next production, Ninja Assassin.

That’s how he ended up in Toronto, talking about slashing stuntmen, how martial arts is a lot like dancing, and singing in Korean.

You look very different in Ninja Assassin than you did in I’m A Cyborg or Speed Racer. Working out?

I needed to make my body fit, like Bruce Lee. I trained for eight months, five days a week, eight hours a day, over and over and over again. I ate just chicken breasts and vegetables – it was terrible. And I learned a lot of martial arts – tae kwon do, tai chi, kick-boxing, karate, and kung fu with swords and double swords, shuriken, chains – a lot. It was fun!

The film’s stunt choreography is very fluid, and in some scenes it almost looks like you’re dancing with your opponents, like in a musical number. You’ve done some dancing onstage – were you able to draw from that?

The dancing helped. Dancing and martial arts are very similar. And I had role models: Bruce Lee and Jet Li. I really love Bruce Lee and Jet Li and Jackie Chan movies – they’re my heroes. But I’m powerful, I’m faster, I’m younger than them.

The Wachowskis didn’t stop with just one Matrix, and Ninja Assassin leaves the door open for a sequel. Would you put yourself through the training regimen again?

I haven’t decided yet.

What’s next? Another movie, or back to the recording studio?

I’d like to do everything. A romance, or another action film. Or an album, just in Asia or worldwide. I haven’t decided yet, but very soon. I want to focus on Ninja Assassin for now because it is very important to me. After that, I have a concert in Las Vegas on Christmas Day.

Does the Ninja Assassin press tour include a stop at The Colbert Report?

I wanna be on the show again. It was fun. It was a great experience.

By Norman Wilner

source: nowtoronto.com