Hollywood's Highest Paid Actor

Guest not_a_saint0713

Guest not_a_saint0713

do u think they deserve big paycheck?
actors_1.jpg

Will Smith

$80 million

A star who turns out blockbuster after blockbuster, Smith pulled in a gross of $585 million with his thriller I Am Legend, more than half of it overseas. When he takes a rare risk, as in his drama The Pursuit of Happyness, his films still make bank. He's keeping this summer warm with his anti-superhero flick Hancock.

actors_2.jpg

Johnny Depp

$72 million

He became an unlikely mainstream star with his boozy turn as Captain Jack Sparrow in the Pirates of the Caribbean series. Last year he found time to star in his pal Tim Burton's movie version of Sweeney Todd, which grossed $154 million at the global box office. He earned his Best Actor Oscar nomination for his portrayal of the demon barber of Fleet Street.

actors_3.jpg

Eddie Murphy

$55 million

The publicity-shy star turns out profitable family films in which he plays almost every role. Despite horrendous reviews, last year's Norbit grossed $160 million. Now in theaters: Meet Dave, in which he plays an alien.

actors_4.jpg

Mike Myers

$55 million

Myers spins franchise characters--Wayne Campbell, Austin Powers, Shrek--into cultural catchphrase machines and commands big bucks for his animated roles. Shrek the Third earned him nearly $50 million.

actors_5.jpg

Leonardo DiCaprio

$45 million

He's the unique movie star who can get $20 million for work in R-rated adult dramas. His films (rarely blockbusters) attract attention during awards season. Three of his last five were nominated for Best Picture.

actors_6.jpg

Bruce Willis

$41 million

This year Willis proved there's a market for old action heroes. He resurrected blue-collar cop John McClane in Live Free or Die Hard, and it grossed $380 million. Coming next year: sci-fi thriller The Surrogates.

actors_7.jpg

Ben Stiller

$40 million

Last year's The Heartbreak Kid was one of Stiller's worst-performing films, bringing in only $37 million in the U.S. That didn't prevent big salaries for the forthcoming Night at the Museum 2 and Tropic Thunder.

actors_8.jpg

Nicolas Cage

$38 million

Cage filled theaters with Disney's surprise hit sequel to National Treasure, Book of Secrets. It grossed $450 million worldwide. He also produced and acted in a gangster film, Bangkok Dangerous.

actors_9.jpg

Will Ferrell

$31 million

Ferrell remains ones of the most reliable comedians in Hollywood despite the poor box office performance of his latest film, Semi-Pro. He also founded a user-generated video Web site, Funny or Die

actors_10.jpg

Adam Sandler

$30 million

The Saturday Night Live alumnus does both goofball shtick and serious films like last year's Reign Over Me. Also he's producing an updated version of the 1970s classic The Gong Show for Comedy Central.

credit Forbes.com

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest supertammie

overall decent list

but i don't like most of the comedic actors up there

except for adam sandler x3

I don't understand why they get paid that much money...

><

I mean don't get me wrong, that list has some great actors (*ahem* except eddy murphy but...)

I personally just think that they get paid too much.

Guest lulybonynsungie

im glad Will Smith is on the top, i think he deserves it

not sure what i can say about the others, they're all great actors and the movies they made did make bank

Guest life.is.the.game

i understand why forbes would pick everybody...

except Eddie Murphy

I agree with you 100%

Guest cjgohan2003

The Pursuit of Happiness was God awful. Why Will Smith is even mentioned for his acting abilities is beyond me. His name does sell though.

Guest changsta

except Eddie Murphy

seriously. i hate his movies. especially the new one about aliens.. meet dave? gag

love will smith and everyone else though.

no females?

Guest Melyxcious

seriously. i hate his movies. especially the new one about aliens.. meet dave? gag

love will smith and everyone else though.

no females?

highest paid actor (:

Anyway, I agree with most of the list, minus Eddy Murphy as well.

His movies has just been going... downhill for the past...

I don't know how many years.

But I'm glad that Will Smith is at the top :D

Guest --after forever

except Eddie Murphy

lol yeah! i think eddie murphy sucks lol :)

i totally agree with will smith.. <3 he's my hero lol

Guest ANJEE<3

i agree with majority of the list

they get paid this much because their movies sell.. therefore high in demand

LOVE LEO, WILL, AND JOHNNY

i was scared i was going to see people like pitt, clooney, damon, and afflect on there

thank god!

Guest marasshi

Nicholas Cage, Will Smith, Depp, Dicaprio, Willis, are the only ones that make sense.

Amen to that. : D

I would have liked to see some other names with those though.

Archived