Edison Chen Cameo In Dark Knight

Guest supertammie

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sweeti.sammi

yeah i was like... OMG is that edison???? then i asked my bf... and he was like... what? =_=

thanks for confirming though

Guest keeptryin'

ppl should just give him another chance.

he still looks hot. & its not like ppl in hollywood didnt do the same.

Guest supertammie

Definitely not you! I was thinking that througout the entire movie! But I understand why they chose her, she really does resemble Katie Holmes.

As for Edison, I didn't even notice, but can you blame me?! That movie was too amazing for me to notice something like that :P

the hair color was the only thing that really had that katie holmes feel, other than that... i felt myself wishing that katie holmes was playing the role instead

Aha! I thought I was goin' crazy, too! But I'm glad there're other people who caught his 5-second screen time. It's nothing to write home about. It was such a small/short part that I don't think he was even credited for it! I sat through the entire ending credits looking for his name, but I couldn't find it anywhere. Or maybe I just wasn't looking hard enough...?

i thought i was psycho, but then my curiosity took over me and i googled it

Not only you.

I work in a cinema & I was doing my rounds as an usher in the theatre & when maggie G came up, I had to do a double take at the screen cause she looks so odd & ya like what you said...old (cause of her saggy skin....& blemished skin too?!? :blink: )

But well, I havent personally seen the show myself. She could be a good actress or something in that show.

the fact that she looked sooo old wouldn't have bothered me so much, but i found her acting a bit sub-par also

Guest MKYOO

I KNEW IT!!! i watched it monday with my friends and i was like: wait isnt that edisen chen? and my friend said that he cant come out on movies cuz of the scandal. i was oh really? i didnt know he cant come out on movies cuz of the scandal???

anyways but yeah... I KNEW IT WAS HIM! i know he gorgeous face when i see it!!! hahaha he's so hot!!

Guest eugene

I think Maggie is a great actress. If you seen her in any other movies, she's really good...however her face isn't. lol.

Guest Ce'nedra

It looks like they cut his scenes short or something since when I was watching the film, he only had a 2 (maybe 3) second scene, and he didn't even get a full faced view.

Speaking of the movie, Heath Ledger was THE BEST.

Guest marasshi

LOL I only caught him when I watched the movie the second time. He wasn't even in focus the entire time he was onscreen.

Guest iAM_Vindicated

wow thanks i thought i was the only one who caught that for a sec.. he was some sort of body guard. i told my sister and she was like.. that perv..

Guest lavitadolce

Edison is so unimportant that this topic is now talking about Maggie Gyllenhaal.

*applauds*

LOL.

Damn, I missed it! I still think he's hot though! hahaha

I was too busy drooling over Christian Bale :wub:

Guest neonhamster

lol...i think i'm the opposite of everyone here....hahaha...i knew that edison had a part in the film (i found out when i had to wiki who he was after the scandal thing), but i totally missed him in the movie. oh well. i think it might've been cuz i was expecting him to have a bigger part.

about the whole maggie g. issue...i prefer her over katie holmes...despite the face, i think she's a better actress. and anyway, girls are always just accessories in superhero movies.

Guest MeiaLovesHiro

I saw that! When Batman went to Hongkong to put that cellphone-radar thing... He was there like... 3 seconds... as a HOT extra hahaha!

Guest celinewalksin10

i caught him right on, and i kept telling my mom who he is..

if he was supposed to be lau, then that's really sad if he was dropped

cause of his scandal..

Guest xl0v3juicy

haha, so that's where Edison ran off too since the picture scandal :lol:

is it just me or did everyone seem to forget about the scandal? cuz like no one is punishing him

or anything, haha

As if getting all his major upcoming roles / films dropped wasn't enough as a punishment :rolleyes: . What did you expect them to do? Put him in jail? Fine him? I honestly thought his scandal was already talked about longer than necessary... he was a victim much like most of the girls. It's not like he wanted his intimate photos exposed...

Anyway, even if he only appeared for a few seconds it's better than nothing. Good for him. I don't understand all the hate in this thread.

Guest ixLoveXse7en

As if getting all his major upcoming roles / films dropped wasn't enough as a punishment :rolleyes: . What did you expect them to do? Put him in jail? Fine him? I honestly thought his scandal was already talked about longer than necessary... he was a victim much like most of the girls. It's not like he wanted his intimate photos exposed...

Anyway, even if he only appeared for a few seconds it's better than nothing. Good for him. I don't understand all the hate in this thread.

I so agree with you. Goush...

Its like OMG give the dude a break...

I'm Happy for him. Happy for his few seconds in the movie.

so much hate.

Guest Myss Blewm

Ahahahahaha. Around the time of his scandal a friend mentioned to me he'd be in the Dark Knight so when I went to go watch the movie, I was anticipating his cameo. For some reason I thought he would be the Joker's henchman, so I was caught offguard when he greeted Morgan Freeman. I choked on my spit and cracked up as the whole theatre was silent.

Aha! I thought I was goin' crazy, too! But I'm glad there're other people who caught his 5-second screen time. It's nothing to write home about. It was such a small/short part that I don't think he was even credited for it! I sat through the entire ending credits looking for his name, but I couldn't find it anywhere. Or maybe I just wasn't looking hard enough...?

You weren't looking hard enough. LOL I saw it.

What's with the hate on Maggie? I admit I'm not a big fan of hers' but I think she's very talented and actually an upgrade from Katie Holmes. And where exactly is it written down that all women in love with superheroes/the women the superheroes are in love with supposed to be young looking and perfect? Even so, this thread's exaggerated her appearence in the film. She did a good job.

Archived