[manga] Rookies

Guest COOKIE.BANDIT.

Guest COOKIE.BANDIT.

a dream called Koshien...GO NIKOGAKU GO!rookiesui2.jpg

Summary: (from Manga Fox)

Professor Kawato is the new Japanese teacher in the ill-famed Futagotamaga high school, whose baseball club is composed by thugs and bullies who have been suspended for a year from all school competitions, for causing a brawl during an official match. Now that the suspension is over, the only club members left are only interested in women, smoking and doing nothing until, under professor Kawato guidance, they discover a new dream called Koshien. However, the road to Koshien is far from easy as many obstacles awaits them

Volumes
: 24 (Complete) http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=405*This series has also live action drama and film released

rookies-volume-5.jpg

rookies_0.jpg

images11.jpg
my favorite delinquents!
imo, one of the most overlooked manga. I don't even know much about baseball, but I looooove Rookies!

ROOKIES = Inspirational + Baseball + Comedy + whole lotta richard simmons kicking

If you like GTO or Slam Dunk, then definitely check out this manga image (or just check it out anyways, it doesn't matter hehe)

*will come back to edit later

• 2 weeks later...

Oooh, inspirational sports manga! Yay!

The only baseball drama I've seen is called Ookiku F omething. Have you guys seen it? Compared to Ookiku, is Rookies better or worse?

What should I watch first? The drama or the manga? Is the drama even out yet?

Guest COOKIE.BANDIT.

yay! finally some responses :D

Have not started the manga. But i will soon!

Gotta gotta watch the drama Rookies, its soo awesome! :)

i LOVE the drama, great cast huh?

so sad that the last episode aired last week. but i heard that there'll be a movie coming out next year

Oooh, inspirational sports manga! Yay!

The only baseball drama I've seen is called Ookiku F omething. Have you guys seen it? Compared to Ookiku, is Rookies better or worse?

What should I watch first? The drama or the manga? Is the drama even out yet?

yes, the drama just finished airing last week.

and about ur question about which to watch first, you know how sometimes there's a manga u love but then the anime/live-action doesn't do it any justice? well i garantee this is one of the most satisfying live-actions ever! i started watching the drama first and switched to manga while waiting for subs. then i just read/watch interchangeably

Guest tokix7

i just got caught up to the most recent chapter, after seeing this topic, and i have to say it is great!

i love the whole ordeal with delinquents turning into awesome baseball players!

i cant wait till they get to koshien!

i think i'll go watch the drama for this(:

do you know where i can find it?

Guest jepho*

^you can stream the drama at aznv.tv.

i haven't read the manga yet but i am in less than 3 (<3) with the drama. the cast is great! this is now one of my favorite dramas ever<3

Archived