Can I Make It Based On Looks? Talent Too?

Guest sjbbsdancex3

Guest superstar`kiss

^ Your friend has a nice voice. If she's only 13, I think she's very much able to improve by the time she auditions..or, whenever she auditions. She can go high also, which is good. ;)

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest animeeternity

yeah i agree that she can improve alot when she auditions^^she said shes planning on going to the sm auditions this year which is great!hmm...i heard u only get to sing for like 30 secs......so should she start from the chorus then? loll i dont even know if shes doing this song for the audition >.< what do you guys think, would that song be a good one to sing for the audition?

Guest superstar`kiss

yeah i agree that she can improve alot when she auditions^^she said shes planning on going to the sm auditions this year which is great!hmm...i heard u only get to sing for like 30 secs......so should she start from the chorus then? loll i dont even know if shes doing this song for the audition >.< what do you guys think, would that song be a good one to sing for the audition?

I think she should do a Korean song because she will be singing in Korean if she makes it through.

Tell her to start from where the song takes it's highest peak--which is probably yes, the chorus.

Guest saving_carmen

can someone critique me again?

im near the bottom on the 3rd page.

i only got one useful critique~

thanks~

oh and there's more songs in my soundclick~ hope it works

Guest Crazyasian3119

to : this thread owner.

can i be the judge? but just on looks.. i think my comments on kimjae's thread r not so honest.. err... cuz i dun want to hurt too much ppl.. n i dont want ppl to hate me? :sweatingbullets:

but i promise i'll be as cruel as i can be in this thread.. just dont b angry.. thx

does that mean you weren't honest with mine???

should i repost my pictures for you to re-judge or were you being honest?

Name: (not putting my real name but feel free to call me) tomoko

Perferred Entertainment Company: SM (but i'm open for any other entertainment... that's just the company i'll be auditioning for next month)

Nationality: filipino (i'm a little japanese... but its so little that it doesn't even count...)

Height: 5'2

Weight: 115-120 (it keeps fluctuating between there because sometimes i eat too much sometimes i don't eat at all...)

Fun fact/hobbies/anything: singing (duh), playing the piano or the harp or the cello... i can imitate strange noises (like the sound mario makes when he jumps, bubble noises, and the sound of something "glowing" or a UFO hovering or something)... if i don't make it as a singer, i'd like to at least be TV show host/MC or a translator... i love learning languages. i'm a retired undercover ninja... i'm outgoing (i think so)

but uh, for singing reference... i haven't had a chance to record anything recently... but this is all i've got (<--clickety click).

i'm just singing the harmony... during the chorus. (i know i'm not so much in tune but what do you think of my voice quality?)

Guest cassiopeia_5549

Name: Anjuman G

Perferred Entertainment Company: SM & JYP

Nationality: Canadian/ East Indian

Height: 5'11

Weight: 185lbs

Fun fact/hobbies/anything: I love listening to different types of music, learning new languages, soccer, acting, and singing.

Any experience in any of the fields in entertainment: Done drama coarses in grade 9 & 10, also was in play and sang parts. And i've also done jazz dance.

Reason why you want to pursue your dream of becoming an entertainer: The reason why i want to become a performer is because i love entertaining others and hopefully they will also have a dream of being a singer/dancer/actor or model, I don't care if i'm not asian. Asian music has inspired me to believe in myself, and i am confedent inmyself as well. I love the stage and peforming for others, i love to work hard at everything i can do.

n578366420957264796jd0.jpg

I'm on the right

dscf0011wx6.jpg

Current photo of me

n57836642013033522926am7.jpg

Sorry for the quality, the camera sucks XD

Guest animeeternity

I think she should do a Korean song because she will be singing in Korean if she makes it through.

Tell her to start from where the song takes it's highest peak--which is probably yes, the chorus.

yeah ill tell her.....but sing in korean.......lol shes not that good >.< :sweatingbullets:

Guest SUPERJUNIORHAPPY123

honestly,, u definitely need 100% perfect talent........ only soompi user I saw who looked like actual professional singer,etc was this guy name "dreamtheater" and "TVXQ4eva501".. go look up those users... AND AGAIN.. SERIOUSLY.... U 900%NEED A GREAT TALENT TO GET ACCEPTED. NOT WITH UR FACE...

Guest Exagerated:)

Name:Tina Anh Pham

Perferred Entertainment Company: Sm or YG

Nationality: Vietnamese American

Height:5'0

Weight: 93

Fun fact/hobbies/anything: I play violin

did do piano stopped after 2 months so

i do play bits am an aunt of 6 and thats

only my bros and sis um..........

!independent! loves to be busy

Any experience in any of the fields in entertainment: Choir Soloist um......

sang in front of audience; shampoo and body wash :D lol

school musical i was the narrator which u had to sing most of ur lines

oh and this other audition 4 this other play musical thingy

and got callbacks but no one would drive me :( um...........

went to sm auditions last year and jyp this year didnt make it

Reason why you want to pursue your dream of becoming an entertainer:

i have lots of reasons

1.i want to be busy

2.i wanna have a goal/dream

3.i like attention

4. Go listen to PCD's song "When I Grow Up" lol

pics

Recently Recent

i usually have eyeliner on but i was at my brothers house and hes like super strict so i couldn't have anything on

oceancitynj024.jpg

oceancitynj022.jpg

this is wit makeup on well eyeliner

messinaround057.jpg

oh and i haven't put a singing vid of me yet but anticipate kk

oh and sorry u looked at my face i know its hideous

peace

Guest animeeternity

^ think ur actually pretty^^but you look like those typical teenage girls i see, so basically nothing that would get me interested in u, but i think u have potential in looks wise......dont know about talent yet. also you look alot older than ur actual age lol dont noe if thats a good thing

I'm being picky on pictures - so if it's not face forward and you're not staring right in the camera, I'm going to say it's REALLY hard to judge you - camera angles can really change you so yeah.

As a suggestion, if you're serious about getting into these companies, I think investing about a hundred dollars or even waayyyyy less (like maybe even twenty dollars?) into a professional photoshoot (like those family portrait places - e.g. The Picture Place, etc. that you can find at malls, etc.) would be good. Not those ones that have those sparkly backgrounds and colors and stuff, but those that have plain white backgrounds.

I'm starting backwards.

exagerated Judging from your pictures, I think you look a bit average. But I can't give you a full honest opinion unless you have better pictures. Like your first and last picture look almost completely different to me. Can you provide a picture face on without you putting your camera at an angle? That'll give more honest ratings.

junghiwon I think you have a very model looking style - I think you look a LOT better without glasses. I also suggest a haircut - get those 'model' like haircuts...uhmm like Tyra Banks? The straight fringe - but not that it is all clumpy and yucky. Also SMILE in your pictures! I think your voice shows potential, but you need work on air flow and keeping your pitch right. Your notes were a bit messy and I felt like I couldn't breathe when I was listening to it because it seemed like you were struggling to sing the notes out. Just train your voice a bit more and I think you'll be cut out for it!

BigBangLuv I don't know exactly how to rate you unless you put up your dancing clips. And also I think you should put up some better pictures (unedited and also face straight at the camera. You look different from each photo.

hearts Your pitch and voice is pretty flat - like the notes are like preeeetttyy much there, but it's just like...there. It sounds like you're using your throat when you sing as well. I think some more voice training would be needed. Honestly, I think you should lose weight (not like anorexic or anything or even slim, but I mean like, a fit, structured toned body). Try a different hairstyle and maybe get contacts? I don't know, but I think you should get different glasses if you're auditioning because those glasses seem to always seems to distort a person's face from what it would normally look like? I can't really say much else but yeah, priority is - work on your voice.

xrockstar Eek, you're really young. Again, can't really judge you on looks since the pictures are really distorted, but as you get older, your face will start to mature a bit (there may not be a very very noticeable difference, but it'll definitely come in). And maybe your height will come along as well? And some singing/dancing clips would be good. Enter more competitions and see how you do.

skye. I think you got it looks wise - but SMILE. Your lips are scrunched into this little line and it makes the viewer kind of ehh. If the judges are ever reviewing you through pictures or face to face, smile smile smile (with teeth! - practice in the mirror if you have to). In terms of rapping, you have to find your own style. Have you watched the Shinhwa Battle competition thing? And that one female who was rapping? I think you're kind of in the same situation as her in terms of rapping. You're just following how Yoobin raps and copying her intonations/pronuncations(?) haha. I mean, your rapping IS better than most than that I've heard, but I don't think you've found your OWN STYLE yet. And I could hear you stumbling over a few words in Tell Me (specifically ee nohm ae een kee reul shee geul ryuh - sorry too lazy to type it in Korean), and a few other parts in the other songs. Like you want to make sure your rapping is a bit more concise and clear. Other than that, just keep practicing! Sorry if it seems like I'm cornering you or anything, but I'm giving you a longer reply because I think you have some kind of potential that would be a waste - especially if your charisma on stage thing is true.

saving_carmen You look pretty in your pictures, but again face forward pleasee. I can't open your sound files either - but if you're auditioning for SM, I suggest practicing your Korean.

daweonn You look like Moon Geun Young! But smile in your pictures as wellll. Put up a file that showcases your TALENT.

Hermione Eek bad pictures to judge you on. Can you get a more direct picture where you're not trying to get an angle and put a 'cute' pose? Can you also sing just acapella? I can barely hear your voice - I feel like I'm just listening to the beats and the backtrack singers.

Alex Get some better pictures. Your last one I can sort of give you my opinion but not really. Have a straight forward picture. You seem like, I don't know, average and not exacttlyyy 'idol appealing' in terms of looks. Like you seem like the guy who would be 'any other trainee'. Singing clip?

Kitty A better straight forward picture would be better, but you look somewhat pretty? I don't know you seem like those any other Asian girls out there. Your singing needs work. It sounds strained a bit and high-pitched/cutesy voice. Find your voice and power it out more - and choose a better song that shows your singing talent. Some of your notes are flat and a bit off imo.

And I stop there.

Guest Crazyasian3119

since no one replied to my first post, i shall post again. maybe its cuz there weren't any photos... but anyway.

i don't have a camera at the moment to record a recent video of me singing... i lied. i don't have the camera USB cable. but... i found something.

WARNING: turn your volume down! my choir director tells us to "belt it out"... but i guess it only works in the choir. sorry for deafening you ahead of time. but here's the video. yes, its on my karaoke machine thing! (^_^)

i'll accept any criticism... but please don't be mean like: "okay, we know you can yell... now can you sing?" because i already know i "yell". besides, i warned you (^_~). i've never had any voice lessons... but i was wondering if you think i could improve with proper lessons. i have a hard time transitioning between my voices... (insert sad face here).

as for pictures:

celine.jpg

and no makeup:

Tomo033.jpg

Tomo045.jpg

Guest saving_carmen

saving_carmen You look pretty in your pictures, but again face forward pleasee. I can't open your sound files either - but if you're auditioning for SM, I suggest practicing your Korean.

thanks~

ill fixed it =] please critique again~

Guest blah blah blah

does that mean you weren't honest with mine???

should i repost my pictures for you to re-judge or were you being honest?

i'm sorry... do u see the date that i posted .. it's like in july 12.. like a month ago?? well.. i started to be honest from 37 page on kimjae's thread... so... i'm being honest with u there... sorry to make u angry.. anyways.. it's becuz now i only post comment in kimjae's thread but not here.. cuz all this ppl r the same. so.. i'm being really honest there.. sorry again..

Guest Crazyasian3119

i'm sorry... do u see the date that i posted .. it's like in july 12.. like a month ago?? well.. i started to be honest from 37 page on kimjae's thread... so... i'm being honest with u there... sorry to make u angry.. anyways.. it's becuz now i only post comment in kimjae's thread but not here.. cuz all this ppl r the same. so.. i'm being really honest there.. sorry again..

aw, i wasn't angry. i was just wondering. don't be sorry... sorry if it seemed that way!

Guest Exagerated:)

exagerated Judging from your pictures, I think you look a bit average. But I can't give you a full honest opinion unless you have better pictures. Like your first and last picture look almost completely different to me. Can you provide a picture face on without you putting your camera at an angle? That'll give more honest ratings.

i love this thread

LOL

its so freakin straightforward

thanks

my cameras outta battery so ill have to

wait for it to charge

^ think ur actually pretty^^but you look like those typical teenage girls i see, so basically nothing that would get me interested in u, but i think u have potential in looks wise......dont know about talent yet. also you look alot older than ur actual age lol dont noe if thats a good thing

and haha .....

everthing was i guess okay but

u didnt have to add that one part

", so basically nothing that would get me interested in u,"

sorry but

do i need u to be interested in me

okay

Peace

Guest animeeternity

and haha .....

everthing was i guess okay but

u didnt have to add that one part

", so basically nothing that would get me interested in u,"

sorry but

do i need u to be interested in me

okay

Peace

sorry but im just being honest >.< cuz if you wanna be a singer and all, first impressions are really important!

Archived