Can I Make It Based On Looks? Talent Too?

Guest sjbbsdancex3

Guest superstar`kiss

^

^

I think your voice needs a bit more work. It's really shakey and some parts of the songs you were off key.

And it seems like you were singing in falsetto the whole time. That's a BIG NO NO.

Ahh..your "Girls on Top" audition was kinda uhm..bad. >_<

I think your voice can have potential, you just really NEED to work on it to make it stronger. ;)

Sorry if that was harsh.

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BigBangLuv

Name: Nico

Perferred Entertainment Company: SM or JYP

Nationality: Filipino

Height: 5'9

Fun fact/hobbies/anything: I'm not really a singer but I LOOOOOOOOVE to dance... its my passions, I love all types of dancing weather it be pop, hip hop, R&B or just freestyle, I love to do it all. I don't think my voice is terribly bad but it isn't amazing >___< although I mainly wanna audition for the dance portion and maybe the singing ;x. My friends tell me I'm very charismatic when it comes to dancing and that I have a good stage presents. I would always hope to be in group as the "dancer" of the group since I don't have strong vocals.

Any experience in any of the fields in entertainment: Been dancing since I was little, started taking dance classes at the age of 8 and been dancing ever since.

Reason why you want to pursue your dream of becoming an entertainer: I was always fond of Korean/Japanese music and I always dreamed of either being in a group as the "dancer" or just being a back up dancer for famous artists.

As for my dance videos... I haven't made any atm but I will very soon ^___^

Pictures: (Sorry for the bad quality)

n1280174180300620032130cm3.jpg

n1280174180300499057084hb4.jpg

2008050251561peacesz6.jpg

Guest CtlunatC

okay again i'm going bottom up again people tehehee

Bigbangluv: HEY I HAVE THE SAME OUTGROW POSTER AS YOU! lol anywayz, mind taking pictures that arent so angled. even tho you did give semi full view for the last pic. keke. mmmm i think you fit into YG by your looks, but you have very nice eyes. mind giving us some videos and clips of yo talentS??

junghiwon: i commented on your looks in the other thread. now i shall go for TALENTZZZ!! keke. your voice isnt strong, but its not that weak either. if you practice breathing exercises and scales you would beable to help strengthen your voice and help fix the flatness in your voice.

daweonnx: you have a very interesting look. but imo you wont beable to get into the ent. with just your looks. you have a nice torso tho lol. got any videos or clips of yo talents?

savingcarmen: you're cute, but not really sure if you'd make it with looks. you have a nice smile tho. your voice is very soothing and sultry. it might catch the judges attention. but it suits soft ballads very well.

skye: just curious, is that the natural way you smile? cuz it doesnt look it... you have nice eyes and nose and cute dimples, but its just the way you smile that throws it off. you have a nice rapping voice, but you have a small hint of nasaliness in your voice. however, it would make you improve alot if you put more attitude when you rap.. or emotion.

xrockstar: you're still pretty young and cute. and you're still growing, so its hard to tell if you'd make it in by looks. video and clips please.

hearts: you remind me of someone i know... hmmm.... you have a pretty ordinary look. even if you lost weight i'm not sure if it would make that much of a difference. maybe you'd have a smaller frame and face.. but not quite sure... you have a nice voice, but it doesnt draw attention or stick out. you have a nice light vibrato but it could be stronger. from just hearing your clip, theres very little emotion in it (happens to me too >.<!) and i know you rushed through to record it.

GAH I FORGOT TO COMMENT THE PERSON WHO MADE THIS THREAD! OOPS!

sjbbsdancex3: eh one comment. you created this thread to display talent also, and you dont have a video or clip?!?! shame!! kkeke just kidding XD. mmm you've got a little above ordinary look. you're cute and have a nice smile and teeth, but you dont really stick out... from the side, your eyes have emotion, but full view they're kinda dull...

Guest saving_carmen

savingcarmen: you're cute, but not really sure if you'd make it with looks. you have a nice smile tho. your voice is very soothing and sultry. it might catch the judges attention. but it suits soft ballads very well.

thanksss...do you think i need to improve on anything?

Guest superstar`kiss

NICO: I'm still waiting for the dance tutorial for me! LMAO.

Yess..I want you to go to the SM Audition 2008 and make it in so you can get me the hookup with LeeSooMan. ;) jkjk!

Well, your face is gorgeous, and did I tell you that I absolutely love your voice when you're just talking..? :lol: You have this nice voice to listen to. LMAO. && sing and give me a few clips too..one all by yourself, not a collab. You can do it!!

Guest CtlunatC

thanksss...do you think i need to improve on anything?

perhaps presence... or charisma.. when you sing. like your voice could have more charisma to catch the judges ear, even if he was blind and couldnt see your facial expressions and what not. and more on emotion.

Guest BigBangLuv

@ CtlunatC

Ahahaah awesome!! I love BoA ^___^

Mmm... yeah sure, I'll take a few more... I know those pictures are kinda bad sorry ;/ but I'll take better ones. yeah hahaa I thought the last pic was pretty face on ;/.. YG? never though about that hahaah, and thanks for the eyes comment ><! AHaha yeah I'll post them up very soon... especially since the auditions are so close, definitely gonna need some practice ;D, Thanks for your comment <3

@ Choua <3!

ahaha I will I will I promise <3!! AHAHA ><!

AHAHAHA!! omg use me huh D;!! I see where i stand now choua D;!! *sad* AHAHA JKJK

Omg are you just lying to me because im your friend D;!? JKJK ^__^!! TY <3!!

AHAHA trust me... my voice isn't that great D;... I'm sorta tone deaf haahah

but yeah I might just make some clips of me singing a little ><

But but but, collabs are fun ;[

Guest superstar`kiss

@ CtlunatC

@ Choua <3!

ahaha I will I will I promise <3!! AHAHA ><!

AHAHAHA!! omg use me huh D;!! I see where i stand now choua D;!! *sad* AHAHA JKJK

Omg are you just lying to me because im your friend D;!? JKJK ^__^!! TY <3!!

AHAHA trust me... my voice isn't that great D;... I'm sorta tone deaf haahah

but yeah I might just make some clips of me singing a little ><

But but but, collabs are fun ;[

Dude, LET'S COLLAB!!! JYEAH?! YEAH! :w00t:

haha!

I've totally been singing to myself too much lately. I need a groupie. >_<

But no, I really enjoy listening to you talk! haha! The radio interview with Isak I was like, "Nico has a nice voice." haha! My sister said that too.

You're sorta tone deaf? Did you know that JaeJoong used to be?? Look at what he turned out with..INCREDIBLE-NESS all over his voice!

Guest j-tan03

@Junghiwon

sorry but i don't think your voice is strong or sounds good. your pitches are very off. I don't think you would make it based on talents, sorry.

Guest kRlOSER

Name: MaryMoua

Perferred Entertainment Company: Only thought of SM

Nationality: 1OO% Hmong

Height: 5'1-ish

Weight: range from 98-101lbs

Fun fact/hobbies/anything: I'm the tallest girl in my family at the moment. I've been trying to lose weight everyday. It's hard! And, I love to dance&sing. They're my anti-drugs.

Any experience in any of the fields in entertainment: I dance&sing.

Reason why you want to pursue your dream of becoming an entertainer: I enjoy the music industry! :] It takes me to a whole new life.

Pictures: OO1 :]|OO2 :]|OO3 :]|OO4 :]

Guest saving_carmen

perhaps presence... or charisma.. when you sing. like your voice could have more charisma to catch the judges ear, even if he was blind and couldnt see your facial expressions and what not. and more on emotion.

alrighttt...charismaaa~~~emotion~~~

Guest superstar`kiss

Name: MaryMoua

Perferred Entertainment Company: Only thought of SM

Nationality: 1OO% Hmong

Height: 5'1-ish

Weight: range from 98-101lbs

Fun fact/hobbies/anything: I'm the tallest girl in my family at the moment. I've been trying to lose weight everyday. It's hard! And, I love to dance&sing. They're my anti-drugs.

Any experience in any of the fields in entertainment: I dance&sing.

Reason why you want to pursue your dream of becoming an entertainer: I enjoy the music industry! :] It takes me to a whole new life.

Any pictures of you not making a face and from a straight angle? I can't tell how you look like.

You don't look Hmong though. LMAO. You look Laotion. Your tone is a bit on the darker side that's why..maybe it's your room lighting? :unsure:

Any clips of your talent/s?

Guest I_broke_a_nail!

Name: Ariel Kim.

Perferred Entertainment Company: JYP.

Nationality: 100% Korean.

Height: 5'7

Weight: (if you're comfortable enough to put it) 105 lbs.

Fun fact/hobbies/anything: (so we could get to know you a little better)

_ I like rapping better than singing.

_ I like dancing better than singing.

_ CL's my role model.

_ I love love Jiyong, Jonghyun, & Chris Brown.

_ I'm pretty nice.

_ People say I'm just really cute in a dorky way but once I get on stage I'm just charisma .. (I'm not being conceited .. I swear ! )

Any experience in any of the fields in entertainment: N/A

Reason why you want to pursue your dream of becoming an entertainer:

_ I really really love to perform in front of big crowds and I just simply LOVE music.

Pictures .. Okay so, I had long hair but then I chopped it off on Saturday .. so yeah.

upfront.

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r256/ju.../0726082216.jpg

side profile.

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r256/ju...305974_6844.jpg

upfront.

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r256/ju...623224_2912.jpg

Extra: sohot + tellme + eebabo rap

I think you are very pretty. I think you have a shot getting into JYP and looks wouldn't get in the way of things.

Talent-wise: You have rhythm. And I think that's one of the hardest aspects to grasp in rapping. IMO, I think its pretty rare to find female rappers in the Korean entertainment so that's why I think you have a shot.

Now, I'm basically comparing you to Yoojin from Wonder Girls because she's one of the only rappers I've heard that is female and in Korea. Yoojin is amazing. Her voice is distinctive and she has the female versioned voice of TOP from Big Bang, making her pretty successful. I think you might want to try to do a cover of another female rapper only because Yoojin's tone and voice is very hard to achieve and I think you should open your options. Try another rap that's not by Yoojin because its not like everyday we'll find someone that has that husky voice of hers.

Look at this clip-- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPsrX4EorUI

This highlights Yoojin covering a MALE rapping sequence. I think you should try to invent your own style of rapping. Yoojin's voice is already really deep. I mean listen to her talk to the host (I think her voice is cool keke)

Am I sort of making sense?

Overall, your clips were one of the better batches I've heard with people covering Yoojin.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest icecube.

I broke a nail!: Wow thanks for you compliments and constructive criticism ... haha. It's Yoo Bin not Yoo Jin .. Yoo Jin's Yoo Bin's friend .. LOL .. but I'll try different raps ... I just did Yoo Bin's being the big Wonder Girls fan I am. LOL.

CtlunatC: Really? I didn't notice ... the way I smile? LOL .. that's a first .. I tend to smile weirder in pictures ? cuz ... I don't know .. LOL.

Guest sjbbsdancex3

okay again i'm going bottom up again people tehehee

Bigbangluv: HEY I HAVE THE SAME OUTGROW POSTER AS YOU! lol anywayz, mind taking pictures that arent so angled. even tho you did give semi full view for the last pic. keke. mmmm i think you fit into YG by your looks, but you have very nice eyes. mind giving us some videos and clips of yo talentS??

junghiwon: i commented on your looks in the other thread. now i shall go for TALENTZZZ!! keke. your voice isnt strong, but its not that weak either. if you practice breathing exercises and scales you would beable to help strengthen your voice and help fix the flatness in your voice.

daweonnx: you have a very interesting look. but imo you wont beable to get into the ent. with just your looks. you have a nice torso tho lol. got any videos or clips of yo talents?

skye: just curious, is that the natural way you smile? cuz it doesnt look it... you have nice eyes and nose and cute dimples, but its just the way you smile that throws it off. you have a nice rapping voice, but you have a small hint of nasaliness in your voice. however, it would make you improve alot if you put more attitude when you rap.. or emotion.

xrockstar: you're still pretty young and cute. and you're still growing, so its hard to tell if you'd make it in by looks. video and clips please.

hearts: you remind me of someone i know... hmmm.... you have a pretty ordinary look. even if you lost weight i'm not sure if it would make that much of a difference. maybe you'd have a smaller frame and face.. but not quite sure... you have a nice voice, but it doesnt draw attention or stick out. you have a nice light vibrato but it could be stronger. from just hearing your clip, theres very little emotion in it (happens to me too >.<!) and i know you rushed through to record it.

GAH I FORGOT TO COMMENT THE PERSON WHO MADE THIS THREAD! OOPS!

sjbbsdancex3: eh one comment. you created this thread to display talent also, and you dont have a video or clip?!?! shame!! kkeke just kidding XD. mmm you've got a little above ordinary look. you're cute and have a nice smile and teeth, but you dont really stick out... from the side, your eyes have emotion, but full view they're kinda dull...

ahahhaa lol i know!

i was actually thinking about that lol..

): sorry guys im such a hypocrite

i'll prob post one up later, a song maybe

but not now, cause i feel really dizy

cause i just lit 5 candles, big ones, and smelled them all

and omg

they

stink

omggggg sm auditions are sooooooooooooooooooooooon!

Guest animeeternity

*btw... this is for a friend cuz she doesnt have soompi so yeah dont think its me*

Name:ok she doesnt like to give out personal info...>.> also why i cant post pics of her

Perferred Entertainment Company: doesnt matter

Nationality:asian.......chinese

Height: 165 cm

Weight: 110 pounds

Fun fact/hobbies/anything: shes in level 9 piano^^well going to level 10 umm wat else....shes also very very random...lol

Any experience in any of the fields in entertainment:well just singing for fun and choir and stuff like that

Reason why you want to pursue your dream of becoming an entertainer:its like her little girl dream, plus she loves singing and now she wants to take it seriously

k her singing part of motherland by crystal kay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Tvodxe_c-c

so please comment^^

Guest Pencilz

Name: Wesley

Perferred Entertainment Company: SM

Nationality: Asian (chinese? i speak canto)

Height: 5'9 (and im still growing lol.)

Weight: 140 (>_< im so phat grr)

Fun fact/hobbies/anything: i play hb, football(sometimes), tennis, badminton, i like playing games too of course, I WEAR GLASSES. NOOO I HATE IT I HATE IT I HATE IT. it kills the fun in all the sports i play, cuz i get sweaty and it slips and i gotta friggin push it back up -.-;;

Any experience in any of the fields in entertainment: singing, i joined chorus in 2nd grade, but i got kicked out cuz i didnt sing in a concert (i forgot LOL). I auditioned again in 4th grade, i got in :D! i stayed til 5th grade and i went to junior high school. All the ppl in chorus were girls so i didnt join >_>;

Reason why you want to pursue your dream of becoming an entertainer: Honestly.... i suck at school stuff. I really dont wanna go to school for 10 years to be a doctor or lawyer. But i do like being a lawyer... to much school tho >_> only choice i have of a future is to be a performer. I dont wanna be those street performers. What a sad job. so i wanted to be a singer, maybe i can even see my idols every once in a while if i get in to SM :P. Plus, if i got kicked out, and got back in to chorus, that should mean my voice isnt bad right? Im taking every chance i can to be a singer, and SM is taking people in. So im auditioning for sm

Guest animeeternity

^ maybe you guys should post up pictures and clips. We can't critque anything. >_<

lol the link wasnt to visible i think...i underlined it this time^^

Archived