An Sohee 안소희

Guest Yoyo

Look at this everyone! One unexpected news about our manduu girl

Wonder Girls’ SoHee, Acting Debut 6 Years Ago?

Fans of So-hee, the youngest member of K-pop group Wonder Girls, have found her debut film taken five years ago when she was just an elementary school student. So-hee played a minor role in a short film directed by Yu Dae-eol, twin brother of singer Na-eol, the vocal for Brown Eyed Soul.

So-hee’s fans dug up film archives to unearth her first film role, when director Yu posted a photo taken with So-hee on his personal homepage with his comments about being delighted that So-hee remembered him after all those years. People have believed that her first film debut was the 2008 release “I Like It Hot.”

In the footage disclosed on yoUeFO, an online site for short films, So-hee looked just like she is now, only smaller, with long straight hair and babyish face. Her part lasted only three minutes in the 21-minute film, but her portion has been circulated in a number of blogs and fan cafes. Meanwhile, Wonder Girls are currently getting ready for their concert slated for mid-March.

Source: KBS World

Picture Source: Asia Today

Credit: seoulfull.wordpress.com

for the director he has seen many come and go for the movies but So hee remembers him. it's so nice though :P

EDIT:

here's the video

credit: coolsmurf & robotingme

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
Guest ordinaRynne

Ah! I love Ash ^^ She's just too cute to resist! She also has the most enviable body T____T

how unfair XD

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...
Guest adikkeluangman

Sohee Joins BH Entertainment Alongside Lee Byung Hun, Go Soo, Han Ga In, and More
Following the conclusion of her contract with JYP Entertainment, former Wonder Girls member Sohee has finally found a place to call her new home.

99844822.jpg

On February 10, Sohee announced on her Twitter account that she has signed on with BH Entertainment, which houses Lee Byung Hun, Go Soo, Han Ga In, Han Hyo Joo, Han Ji Min, Bae Soo Bin, Jin Goo, Lee Won Geun, Shim Eun Kyung, and many well-known stars. 
51686344.jpg

The following is a translation of her Twitter post:
“Hello. This is An Sohee. Did everyone have a good Lunar New Year? I spent a warm time with my family. It’s been a really long time since I greeted everyone through words. 
I know that many of you have been curious about my future activities, and I thought it’s only right for me to personally tell everyone, who has loved me for such a long time. 
For my acting career that I’ve shown bits and pieces of, I will be actively and diversely starting off with my new agency, BH Entertainment. 
Due to my precious Wonder Girls members and JYP family for supporting my decision to follow my long-time dream of becoming an actress, I was able to gain confidence, and now I’m ready to take one step forward. 
I will never forget today, the starting point of my dream of becoming an actress, and I will greet you as actress An Sohee, who will work hard, always remembering the love and support that all the fans have given me despite lacking a lot. 
Don’t catch a cold in this cold weather and always be happy. Thank you. 
-An Sohee. 
http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/58177/sohee-joins-new-agency

Never thought this day would come. Before this she visit various agency including KeyEast.

Guest freakloverxx

Congrats Ahn Sohee. i've been supporting u as a singer since 2009 and I'll continue supporting you till the end. hopefully many great projects will come to you in the near future ^^ All the best,mandoo ~

February 10, 2014
Sohee starts anew under BH Entertainment
by starsung AllKpop.com
On Wonder Girls' 7th anniversary, Sohee announced her official leave from JYP Entertainment and fresh start as an actress under BH Entertainment.
SEE ALSO: [breaking] Wonder Girls' Sohee won't be renewing her contract + JYPE reveals contract renewal status of members

[size=2]

Sohee took to her Twitter to share the news herself:

[/size][size=2]

[/size][size=2]

"Hello. It's Sohee.

[/size][size=2]

[/size][size=2]

Did all of you start off the new year well? I spent a fun and warm time with my family. It feels like a long time since I've greeted you in this way with a post.. A lot of people have been curious about my future activities and I thought it is courteous that I tell all of you, who have loved me for a long time, myself so I wrote this post.

[/size][size=2]

[/size][size=2]

I plan to take on a diverse and active acting career, more than I previously showed during that time, under my new agency BH Entertainment. Thanks to my precious Wonder Girls members and my JYP family who had faith in me and supported my decision to follow my dream as an actress which I've dreamed about for a long time, I was able to gain the courage to start anew and I plan to take my first step now.

[/size][size=2]

[/size][size=2]

I will never forget my standing at the starting line as an actress which I've always dreamed about today, and although I am still lacking a lot, I will remember my fans' love and support and I will greet you as the hard working actress Sohee. Be careful of catching a cold in the cold weather and always be happy. Thank you."

[/size]

February 10, 2014
Former Wonder Girls’ Sohee Joins Lee Byung-hun Agency
by Jessica Kim TENASIA.com
2014021003248_0.jpg

Former Wonder Girls member Sohee has signed with management agency BH Entertainment, according to the firm on Monday.
A press release by BH stated that they will now manage and represent the 21-year-old Sohee who is set to take on her future activities under her full name An Sohee.
BH currently manages the career of numerous top actors in Korea including Lee Byung-hun, Han Hyo-joo, Ko Soo, and Bae Soo-bin, along with starlets Shim Eun-kyung of currently popular movie “Miss Granny” and Ha Yeon-soo of cable channel Mnet’s hit series “Monstar.”
“We brought in An Sohee because we saw her as an actress with an infinite amount of potential… with her unique gaze and attractiveness, as well as her voice that has emotional appeal,” an official at BH was quoted as saying.
The official added, “She’s already recognized by enough people as a singer but we plan to help her build on the basics and substance as a newcomer actress so that she may become an actor with a strong foundation.”
Just minutes ahead of BH’s statement, Sohee had announced her new agency herself on her personal Twitter account. 
“I was able to find the courage to make a new start as an actress, something I’ve dreamt of for a long time, thanks to the support and trust of my precious Wonder Girls members and family at JYP,” Sohee wrote.
Sohee had left the Wonder Girls and JYP in order to focus on her acting career following the expiration of her contract with former agency JYP Entertainment in December last year.
Although she gained popularity as a member of the Wonder Girls when they debuted in 2007, Sohee originally started in the entertainment industry through a short film and thereafter, appeared in a couple films and dramas.
Reporter. Jessica KimPhotographer. Chae Ki-won

February 10, 2014
Sohee Finds a New Home at Lee Byung Hun and Han Hyo Joo’s Agency
by lellie soompi.com
ahn-so-hee.jpg
Former Wonder Girls member Sohee has found her new home at BH Entertainment, which also manages Lee Byung Hun and Han Hyo Joo.
On February 10, BH Entertainment confirmed its decision to sign an exclusive contract with Sohee who expressed her ambition to further her acting career.
On the same day, Sohee announced to fans signing her contract with her new agency through her Twitter.
“It’s been a while since I gave my greetings in writing. Many people have been curious about my future plans, and I thought it would be more proper for me to tell all of you in person since so many of you have shown me so much support over the years.”
“As I have shown my acting previously, I plan on furthering my acting career with a new agency, BH Entertainment. I was able to gain the courage to begin this new chapter in my life through the trust and support my lovely Wonder Girls members and the JYP family have given me in pursuing my dream. I am now taking my first step to reaching my dream.”
Sohee concluded her message saying, “I will never forget the starting point of becoming an actress in which I stand today. I will be meeting you soon as actress Ahn Sohee remembering all the love and support all of you have shown me.”
Meanwhile, BH Entertainment manages many famous names in acting including, Lee Byung Hun, Han Hyo Joo, Go Soo, Han Ga In, and Han Ji Min. 

I'm so happy for Sohee!! She joined a really good agency that has lots of big names (Lee Byung Hun etc) and actresses that I love (Han Ji Min, Han Hyo Joo, Han Ga In etc.). I love that BHent saw Sohee's potential. I hope they will take good care of her and give her lots of good projects. I really want her to be successful as actress which has always been her dream.
Here's a compilation of Sohee's acting from pre-debut and 2007-2013 while she was in Jype (all with eng subs) -
Movie: a little role, when she was 13 years old

Movie: I Like it Hot / Hellcats (2008), as one of the 3 lead roleshttp://youtu.be/c2xE7Wuzz5A
(Back-up http://www.gooddrama.net/korean-movie/i-like-it-hot-2008)

Sitcom: That Person is Coming (2008), cameo in one episode

Drama: Happy Rose Day (2013), one episode drama, as one of the 4 lead roles

That's all the projects she did. I like all especially Hellcats and Happy Rose Day!Let's look forward to Sohee's projects with BHent and her evolution as actress!!

February 11, 2014
An So Hee signs a management contract with BH Entertainment
Source: STARN News 20140210173347_52f88eeb5ba12_1.jpg
An So Hee signed a management contract with BH Entertainment.
On February 10th, BH Entertainment told that An So Hee signed a new management contract with them.
Before this news was officially announced by the company, An So Hee made a post about her new management contract on her Twitter, and expressed thanks for her fans’ patience.
Actors and actresses who are currently under a contract with BH Entertainment include Lee Byung Heon, Han Hyo Joo, Go Soo, Bae Su Bin, Han Ga In, and Han Ji Min, and An So Hee will be able to build her career with some of Korea’s hottest actors and actresses.
An So Hee made her official screen debut through a short film back in 2004, but she debuted as a member of Wonder Girls in 2007. Afterwards, she casted in a film called ‘I Like It Hot’, and KBS 2TV drama ‘Happy! Rose Day’.
A representative of BH Entertainment said, “We thought that An So Hee has a colossal potential as an actress, and we thought that we would be able to give her all the necessary supports.”
The representative went on, “She was one of the most well-known singers of Korea, but she will make another start as an actress. We will be giving the best support that we can give, and we hope that many fans would show her unchanging supports.”
/Reporting by Noh I-seul en@starnnews.com

February 11, 2014
So Hee leaves a comment after signing a new contract with BH Entertainment
Source: STARN News20140211002413_52f8ef1d25103_1.jpg
An So Hee left a comment after signing a new management contract with BH Entertainment.
On February 10th, former Wonder Girls member, So Hee, wrote, on her Twitter, “Hello, this is An So Hee. Did you guys all have wonderful lunar New Year holidays? I spent a great time with my family. I realize it’s been quite a while since I made a post on here.”
She went on, “Many people might have been getting curious about my future plan, and I also thought that I should inform you all as soon as possible. I have shown my acting bit by bit in a couple of different works, and I will be officially starting a new career as an actress with BH Entertainment. I could be audacious enough to make such a decision because of the trust and supports that my teammates and JYP family showed for me, and I’m about to take the first step.”
So Hee lastly added, “I won’t forget today’s start, and I will keep doing my best to not let all of you down. I will always wish for your health and happiness, and I will get back as soon as possible. Thank you.”
Meanwhile, actors and actresses who are currently under a contract with BH Entertainment include Lee Byung Heon, Han Hyo Joo, Go Soo, Bae Su Bin, Han Ga In, and Han Ji Min.
/Reporting by Choi Hyun-Jung en@starnnews.com

February 11, 2014
So-Hee leaves ‘Wonder Girls’, decides to go to Lee Byeong-Heon’s agency BH Entertainment
Source: Innolife Korea
8593_1.jpg
Girl group Wonder Girls’ member So-Hee made an exclusive contract with BH Entertainment. So-Hee sent message through her Twitter on February 11. She wrote, “I want to work with my acting in my new agency BH Entertainment. I got courage to this new dream of being an actress with the support from Wonder Girls members and JYP. I lack a lot, but I want to try as hard as I can.” After the exclusive contract with JYP Entertainment expired last year, So-Hee drew attention with where she’s going. BH entertainment said, “We are going to support So-Hee to draw her ability as an actress to work in movies and dramas as actively as she can be.” In BH Entertainment there are many stars like world star Lee Byeong-Heon, Han Ji-Min, Han Ga-In, Han Hyo-Joo, Shim Eun-Gyeong, Bae Soo-Bin, Jin Goo and etc.

February 10, 2014
Sohee Joins BH Entertainment To Focus On Acting
Source: KBS Global
n_20140210e_02.jpg

It's bittersweet news for Wonder Girls fans. Sohee has finally decided which agency to sign with, and it's not JYP Entertainment. Her new rep will be none other than Lee Byung-hun's home, BH Entertainment.
The former idol star shared the news with her fans directly through Twitter. She shared her plans to pursue a more diverse and active acting career than before, not forgetting to thank her Wonder Girls members and JYP family for their faith and support in the process.

February 11, 2014
Sohee to debut as actress
By Park Si-soo The Korea Times
05-04(93).jpg

Sohee, a former member of K-pop girl group Wonder Girls, has signed a contract with BH Entertainment as the first step toward making her debut as an actress.
The signing comes two months after the 22-year-old left JYP Entertainment, the third biggest incubator of K-pop musicians in Korea. BH manages several top actors, including Lee Byung-hun, Go Soo, Han Ga-in, Han Hyo-joo and Han Ji-min.
“There are so many people who wonder about my future career. I’ve decided to work with BH to convert my career into acting,” she wrote on her Twitter account on Monday. “I’ve been loved by a lot of people. I’ll never forget this. As an actress, I will do my best.”
BH Spokesman Kwon Oh-hyun expressed high expectations about Sohee, saying she is “talented not only in singing but also acting.”

Agency Reveals Sohee's Plans for the immediate future:

Sohee recently joined BH Entertainment to focus on pursuing a career as an actress. It has now been revealed that she already has a few projects underway according to a report by 'Sports Seoul'.

Sohee's party revealed, "Sohee's project is moving forward.  There will be a break in February, we will seek a course of action to take for the future, she will appear in an independent film in March, and she will start as a CF model in April for a full-scale start allowing gradual activities as an actress."

It's said that since last year, multiple movie production teams have been in the middle of preparing a thriller and low-budget drama with Sohee as the main lead.  

One film production company rep said, "She has both a unique appearance and good voice projection. She has more than enough talents to become a good actress. In addition, she was widely recognized overseas as a singer, so casting Sohee was very attractive for the movie makers."

In addition, there appears to be no desire to completely cut her off from JYP Entertainment and her singing career.  BH Entertainment said, "Her exclusive contract with JYP merely expired; it is not true that she will completely halt her singing activities.  If her previous agency offers her an album or another form of collaboration, the door to opportunities is wide open. We will reflect on Sohee's opinion to the utmost.  As an actress, she is not going to be stubborn about getting the lead role. Even if it is a minor role, she could take it on as an actress if it has a distinct personality."

Stay tuned for updates regarding Sohee's new start!

Source: http://www.allkpop.com/article/2014/02/sohees-upcoming-plans-with-bh-entertainment-revealed

February 13, 2014
Sohee to sign on to be an actress
Source: KBS Global
8008291_5908_l.jpg
Sohee has started her career as an actress with her new agency, BH Entertainment.
Sohee, a former member of K-pop girl band Wonder Girls said Sunday on her Twitter account that she has signed a contract with BH Entertainment agency to convert her career in acting. “I’m writing this on my Twitter for my fans who have been wondering about my future activities. Making my debut as an actress was not an easy choice to make, but other Wonder Girls members and JYP family, have supported my decision and encouraged me a lot,” and “I’ll never forget my fans and I’ll do my best as an actress,” the 22-year-old stated. Earlier, Sohee decided to leave Wonder Girls and JYP Entertainment to focus on acting. Meanwhile, BH Entertainment is under a management contract with several top stars including Lee Byung-hun, Han Ji-min, Han Ga-in, Han Hyo-joo, Go Soo, and Shim Eun-kyung.

Archived