Baking With Rice Cooker!

Guest Y0UNGiE☆★〃─。

Guest Princess_Sakura93

You can cook cakes using a rice cooker? I want to try that!!

I'm afraid of breaking the rice cooker at home though. ._____. Since we sorta need it. xD Haha.

Still, I'd like to try this someday. C:

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it possible to bake stuff using the old-school rice cookers?

You know the ones with only 2 settings, "Cook" and "Keep Warm" . . . or do you need the modern ones with the microchips?

yeah, thats fine!

but youre gonna have to keep pushing it.

since my rice cookers old, i had to "cook" it like 5 times...

just make sure to check on it after every "cook"

and also, do you guys think it'd be okay to bake brownies in there?

Guest loveamii

QUESTION: on the strawberry cake recipe, it says "2.5 butter". does that mean 2 and 1/2 sticks of butter? and should it be melted or not?

thanks in advance! :)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest swt-L0VE

I was trying this and for some reason, my rice cooker stopped like every 2 mins or so after i pressed "cook" :S how long is it supposed to cook for ?

I was trying this and for some reason, my rice cooker stopped like every 2 mins or so after i pressed "cook" :S how long is it supposed to cook for ?

mine does that too, i think its due to high temperature.

What i did was just keep pressing it down.

I like how it does that it reminds you on how the cake is cooking to prevent burning.

Guest Chinkie_eyes

:]

YAY i made a brownie cake in our mini rice cooker!:]

Tips:

1st of all for people who have the old fashion one where theirs only two option [Cook or Keep Warm] this is going to take a lot of patient:D

2nd.If yoohr using mom/dad/aunt/uncle/grandma/boyfriend/girlfriend rice cooker and yooh have the tendency to burn/ruin cake try using cake mix first:]

3rd. Butter/ Oil yoohr pot extremely well (unless its non stick) this helps the cake come off easily. Butter the WHOLE entire pot...yes that means the sides and obviously the bottom. I buttered it from top to the bottom:].

4th. If yoohr using the old fashion rice cooker yoohll have to sit next to it and press it down whenever it jumps back to keep warm.

5th. Sometimes open the lid and stick a chopstick see how much is "baked" It gives yooh a good estimate of when it would be finish.

6th. If yooh only have brownie mix just add one extra egg and tada! yooh got a brownie cake:]

:]

I'll add more tips/advice when i make them more often:]

hopes this helps.

PS. It took me 1 hr to bake my cake. I'm not sure if its because i used brownie mix of if its because i was using a tiny rice cooker>_<

Guest melonaa

:[ i tried baking with my rice cooker today,

but i gave up. It kept changing onto the warm button about every 30 seconds

because it got too hot. i ended up using my oven x)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DarkDanger==

That''s soo cool..! :w00t:

Have to convince my mum.. so I can make a cake in the ricecooker..

You can even make bread.. looks soo goood.... B)

Guest IckyVicky<3dongbang

WOW yum yum that looks sooooo GOOD! xD

well since i'm a college student living in the dorms, my roommate and i will make random

stuff in the rice cooker, like ramen, spaghetti, hispanic rice mix with taco powder and canned beans,

ahahhaha such a useful thing. xD

Guest strawberrykiwii

WHOAAA

this is so cool

my mom is always complaining cause i bake a lot, but in little bits, so i waste energy preheating n stuff

im sooo gonna try this

• 2 weeks later...

Archived