Baking With Rice Cooker!

Guest Y0UNGiE☆★〃─。

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest SUMM3RxBABii

oh my gosh, that's genius!! i haven't found the time for baking, especially when I don't feel like taking out all the utilities from my oven.

It was thanks to this thread that I attempted the Rice Cooker Cake.

After having none of my friends believe me, I decided to give it a go anyway. Perfect every time (yes i have made it more than 3 - 4 times now).

It is really, really easy. Mix, grease rice cooker pot, pour it in. 'Cook' x 2. And then see how cooked it is. Sometimes it needs a further 'cook', other times, just let it keep warm for another 20 - 30 minutes. It is moist, not burnt, and very even (my baked ones rise everywhere!!! >.<) :)

Do try :)

Oh, my rice cooker is like, 5 - 6 years old. No 'bake' function. Only the 'cook' function :) So you don't need any awesome rice cooker, any will do :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest lunasea

haha so awesome! this is what i've been doing since i've been in asia and didn't have an oven.

made banana bread~ you can also use the stove top indirectly.

but i finally caved in and bought a toaster oven for cookies!

Guest nauticalblue

This sounds interesting. I wish I could try it, but our rice cooker was brought over from China over 20 years ago, and I don't think it would work with baking a cake. It doesn't have anything to set the time; it just sort of has a pre-set time for how long to cook rice. 0_0

• 3 weeks later...
Guest xiaoxing04

thank goodness for this thread! i was just watching 'we got married' and there was an episode where gain made jokwon a choco cake using a rice cooker..i was running out of ideas for valentines so i decided to copy gain so i searched google i immediately found this thread, lolz!! thankz guyz! <3

aaaaahh this is so cute! I told myself to try this, but I have yet to lol.

I'm bringing a rice cooker with me to university, so I'll probably be making cakes everyday haha. It seems a lot easier than baking with an oven.

• 1 year later...

is it posible to make cupcakes in a rice cooker? as in put those metal cupcake tins/cups inside? WebRepOverall ratingThis site has no rating(not enough votes)

• 10 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Archived