What Is Love?

Guest Loveology

Guest rinimeatballs

love is real but i believe there are stages to it. like in the Triangular theory of love. You have intimacy, passion, and commitment. Either you can move forward from one to the other, or stay stuck in the same one forever, or just lose interest. WIKI it, its a good read.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kimmyb07

Your sister says you'll move on in a couple months or years, and honestly that may be true for most young relationships out there, but I know my parents, who are still in love, have been married 31 years and dated about 4 years before that. That in itself proves her wrong.

I do believe love is real. Love is never perfect though. Love does make mistakes sometimes. And sometimes people don't understand that and confuse imperfect love for not being love at all. I think true love is when someone understands that although it can never be perfect, they both will try their hardest to make the other happy

Guest cxXChRriszZ10Xxs

meh...........

wait a minute....

so ppl get married because of infatuation or limerence?

=_="

(i think i'll just marry a pillow.)

Guest xAatiix

Lol, wow so many opinions! Its great! I was just showing my sis this topic and she was like ^_____^

Hahahaha! She's kinda changing her mind.....Kinda.

(i think i'll just marry a pillow.)

^^My Fav!

There can never be love without pain because when you love someone whole-heartedly, with passion and vigor, seeing something bad happen to that person or relationship will always be painful.

^^That is so true!

Thnx for sharing yur thoughts!

Guest gurl4got10

I think it's hard to know if it's real or not because there's no absolute definition for it..but then plenty of people can relate to love, so I believe in it.

Guest 7thprincess

Love is real.

Soompiers tend to forget that love can also mean a bond between a parent and a child, it can also mean a bond between a person and his/her pet, Love isnt just a bond between 2 people.

So if love is just an infatuation, then what is the bond between a mother and her child? Is it fake? HELL john teshING NO! Its unconditional!

Love is much much more than emotions between 2 people. I get the feeling that people forget that.

Guest madame_xxx

I think love does exist. once in life everyone falls in love perhaps they wont realise it or wont call it love becuz of what others say but it does happen. There are many definitions for love the most common one being so and so is good looking i wanna spend my life with him becuz his reasonable to shag. That in my opinion is not love. But hey everyone has their own opinion. Personally i think it all starts in the eyes and goes down to each little bone in your body.Love happens right but it doesnt knock before entering.

^

^ Agreed.

"Learning to love yourself, it is the greatest love of all." - Whitney Houston :)

But anyway, to the topic starter, for the kind of love you're talking about, I believe it exists. How else would you be here right now if your parents hadn't loved and trusted each other enough to create you? :) [but of course there are a few exceptions to the causes of some people's birth.]

Guest madame_xxx

A world without love i don't know about anybody else i'd die.

Personal View on Love:

I personally believe that Love has nothing do with what you are expecting to get only what you are expecting to give- Which is everything. What you will receive in return varies. But it really has no connection with what you give. You give because you love and cannot help giving

Guest cand33clouds

I believe in love; true love. If there's an infinite driving force of nature in a person's capacity to hate (Hitler, Stalin, Pot, etc.) then there's also one in regards to love.

There can never be love without pain because when you love someone whole-heartedly, with passion and vigor, seeing something bad happen to that person or relationship will always be painful.

Yup. I think it's cuz our sister and cousin are young... maybe the see many people say they "love" each other and then break up the next day.

Honestly, look at the happily married couples. My grandparents are very happy together =]

Guest tofu plushie

Love is real.

Soompiers tend to forget that love can also mean a bond between a parent and a child, it can also mean a bond between a person and his/her pet, Love isnt just a bond between 2 people.

So if love is just an infatuation, then what is the bond between a mother and her child? Is it fake? HELL john teshING NO! Its unconditional!

Love is much much more than emotions between 2 people. I get the feeling that people forget that.

^^ Agreed, I love my family very much and will always be emotionally attached to them. And it's not just because it is my duty to love but because I truly and unconditionally love my family. Also my grandparents have been happily married for 45 years and I see they way they fondly look at each other, it is love. They have been through a lot together and their relationship is really strong.

Guest xAatiix

Hiiiiii! My sis just wanted me to clear up her POV. She thinks ALL kinds of love is an infatuation (kill her now b4 i do---I'll giv yu our adress!) and is all bs. Unconditional? No way. <-------That's her POV not mine!

Archived