[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

also please don't bash me for comparing. Afterall, it IS Hana Yori Dango korean version. It has the same plot, similar scenes. Its only natural if people start comparing all the versions.

I agree its only natural to compare. Folks compare the tv adaptions to the anime version and to the manga. How is it similar? Is it true to the mangas?

If we can't compare, then we might as well close our minds from the manga, too.

http://noriterm.ipop.co.kr/cgi-bin/noriter...mp;nid=18071736

it's a really good mv made by korean fan 파쓰

but it's flash i don't know you guys can see it :tears:

This is definitely the best BOF MV I've seen so far.

Just in case some people can't view the video.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/on466z

I hope it's okay..

If it's not allowed, then please do tell me, so I can remove it.

Guest guccigal

Its human nature to compare :D

I like the pacing of HYD K version. Its not that fast I reckon. Whats important is to establish "strong" chemistry between Jandi and LMH which I think they accomplished despite Jandi's stiff fringe (LOLZ).

I agree its only natural to compare. Folks compare the tv adaptions to the anime version and to the manga. How is it similar? Is it true to the mangas?

If we can't compare, then we might as well close our minds from the manga, too.

i think it's fine to compare the drama to the manga but not the other drama versions since there's bound to be similarities/differences. all three dramas are based from the same source so if people had already read the manga they should already know what's going to happen. it is then the actors/actresses responsibility to do their best so that the people who had already watched the previous dramas to forget them and just be absorbed into his/her acting and the storyline even though the outcome is already known. each drama has to have their own flavor otherwise what's the point of remaking it?

i have watched the tw and jn versions and liked both at the time but with the passage of time they're not that imprinted on my mind so i don't really compare the three at all since they're the same but so different at the same time. but i will state once again that i'm loving Lee Min Ho, Kim Bum and Kim So Eun's acting so far.

For the 1st time in my life, I look forward to Monday! I am basically counting down the days.

BOF is that powerful!

I wish today is Monday already! LMAO! :lol:

Guest chimeraspunk

i actually don't mind GHS's portrayal of Tsukushi/Jandi. At first I maybe was a lil annoyed but later on I got used to it and actually found it adorable. She's not as mature and has 10 times more attitude than the other interpretations. Which I think is fine. It would be cyclical and boring if she just acted it out the same. And sorry if this sounds sweeping, but ive seen plenty of korean dramas where spunky female characters shout out of annoyance. Like in World Within, Song Hye Kyo's character also shouts alot. Maybe its a cultural thing?? But I think its also hugely due to Jandi's character who is outspoken and righteous. Like what Joonpyo said, she's different. Not the typical meek girl. She's loud and she speaks her mind. A lil brash, she just instinctively shouts out what she feels. And when dealing with guys as annoying (to her) as Joonpyo, I think its acceptable. He really tests her patience and tolerance for injustice. This to me, makes her even more compatible with him. :)

Guest misshakissh

^songielove

thank you

I'm trying it right now

I've rewatched episode 4 and the I realize something

bof3.jpg

is there a garage sale like that? I mean I have never seen it at my country,,

there just too strange for me,

^orange08

episode 6

since when did garage sales happen in mall sized supermarkets with carts?? jesus.. ever heard of one day sales?

most countries usually have those. lol...

im sry i will apologize in advance, i might sound really mean, but sometimes really uncommonsenseful (stupid) questions gets to me.

Guest sshlady

Just my two cents, but i think comparing BOF to the MANGA itself is fair although i dont think i can say the same with the other two adaptations. ANd with the manga in mind, i thing GHS nailed Jandi pretty well. Makino is supposed to be overeacting, loud and almost disgracing herself most of the time. Besides, she's cute so her behavior doesnt pain me as much. All in all, BOF is OK but there are flaws here and there. I dont know, but the PD seems to make some wrong decisions lately. Aside from My Girl which i think is perfect, his other works seems lacking one way or another. I think that is partly because he set a rather high mark at his earlier work.

I watched the one day sales in a documentary in KBSWorld not too long ago so i wasnt that surprised too see Jandi and her mother battling in the mall since in the documentary, koreans do shop like that when it comes to one day sales. It never happen in my country too and i might find it a bit ridiculous if i hadnt watch the documentary, so yeah you sound a little mean, but u apologized anyway so what gives? But i do understand her/his perplexity over that scene. I am actually very pleased to see the scene anyway because it gives a view of korean living culture to the viewers. I believe dramas and movies are ways to promote one country's culture and lifestyle.

since when did garage sales happen in mall sized supermarkets with carts?? jesus.. ever heard of one day sales?

most countries usually have those. lol...

im sry i will apologize in advance, i might sound really mean, but sometimes really uncommonsenseful (stupid) questions gets to me.

Please Don't Quote Images!~

anyway... its not a garage sale... even here in America there is something called Black Friday it happens once a year, the day after thanksgiving where EVERYTHING is on sale. The lines are longer than that picture and its even more rowdier than what you saw in the episode~ (you want proof...a person got killed last year b/c he was stampeded over when trying to open the door for Walmart).

And its during this time where you can even buy 2laptops for 500dollars~

also perhaps that there is a certain amount of time before the sale ends... that's what happens here on Black Friday also...

I don't know why everyone is hating on Jandi's character. Compared to the other versions, I love this character most. She's more stronger and less shy in my opinion, plus she's much funnier. In my honest opinion, Makino, the character, not the actress, drove me INSANE. I hated her character so much. She was weak, unfunny, and fickle. Jandi on the hand is much more bearable. Although they are supposed to be the same character, you can tell there is a major difference. For instance, the scene where makino/jandi asks shizuka/seohyun not to leave. Makino seemed like she was just butting into someone else's business, because it didn't feel like she liked Rui, not even crush-wise. In the korean version, Jandi seemed more sincere. I don't know why, I can't put my finger on it.

Basically, to me, there was no chemistry at all between the characters in the japanese version, especially between makino and domyoji. I don't know how they did it, but Jandi and Jung Pyo fit super well together. The actress and actor have done an amazing job and work really well together on screen.

Guest Valentin

did anyone else notice that the OST from the full album DL link come with songs that get cut off at 4 minutes? Not all the songs but at least half... Does anybody have the link to full mp3 file songs? Thanks!

I noticed that too. I checked a few sites, and supposedly the OST isn't supposed to actually come out until January 23? Of course, it's nice to see in advance what songs will be featured (although I personally would've loved it more if they'd included some of the worked-up classical music spin-offs that they threw on the show), but it'd probably be good if someone flagged the current OST download as only preliminary or a preview of sorts.

Comparing BOF to its predecessors is natural I agree. I can't also help but compare this to Meteor Garden myself, but the thing that just bugs me is on how some people expect this to be an exact duplicate of the previous versions. >< All of the version has its flaws really. And BOF is a REMAKE; anything that has been remade, renovated, or rebuilt. Its based on them, and is not meant to be an exact copy of the previous versions.

I wish JanDi hair were long instead of short because short hair make her look older than she is. I wish she keep it long like in these pictures because she look younger to me with longer hair.

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r161/LVlisa/19-1.jpg

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r161/LVlisa/10.jpg

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r161/LVlisa/6.jpg

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r161/LVlisa/11-1.jpg

What do you think people? Jandi with long hair is so much more youthful looking. She is very pretty also. I wish she could have wore the dress in the first picture with that long wavy lock to the party. All F4's jaws will drop for sure!!!!!!!!!!

Guest misshakissh

Please Don't Quote Images!~

anyway... its not a garage sale... even here in America there is something called Black Friday it happens once a year, the day after thanksgiving where EVERYTHING is on sale. The lines are longer than that picture and its even more rowdier than what you saw in the episode~ (you want proof...a person got killed last year b/c he was stampeded over when trying to open the door for Walmart).

And its during this time where you can even buy 2laptops for 500dollars~

also perhaps that there is a certain amount of time before the sale ends... that's what happens here on Black Friday also...

i know what it was. i was explaining to the person who asked if it was a garage sale.. lol. anyway forgot to unquote the image.

Comparing BOF to its predecessors is natural I agree. I can't also help but compare this to Meteor Garden myself, but the thing that just bugs me is on how some people expect this to be an exact duplicate of the previous versions. >< All of the version has its flaws really. And BOF is a REMAKE; anything that has been remade, renovated, or rebuilt. Its based on them, and is not meant to be an exact copy of the previous versions.

BOF is a ADAPTATION OF THE MANGA. not a REMAKE of the previous dramas of the manga.

Guest honeybeat44

i like her with long hair better but for the role of jandi i just can't imagine her with long her i don't think it would suite her character

Guest misshakissh

I wish JanDi hair were long instead of short because short hair make her look older than she is. I wish she keep it long like in these pictures because she look younger to me with longer hair.

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r161/LVlisa/19-1.jpg

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r161/LVlisa/10.jpg

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r161/LVlisa/6.jpg

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r161/LVlisa/11-1.jpg

What do you think people? Jandi with long hair is so much more youthful looking. She is very pretty also. I wish she could have wore the dress in the first picture with that long wavy lock to the party. All F4's jaws will drop for sure!!!!!!!!!!

i think short hair fits the typical krn highschool girl..its how its in the manga and this drama is based on a manga long hair makes her stand out and look pretty that itself contradicts her character.. long hair both short and long hair doesnt really seem to change her physical age image imo. too late, her hair is short not like its going to grow back to that length besides it was a hair extension. its following the manga so no complaints here. if it was long i bet 100 bucks ppl would say that she should of cut her hair. and vice versa. either way.lol