[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

I think she is in the hospital for her long overdue treatment.

knuts, I think this photo was taken just after finished the last scene filming, and Goo Hye Sun was there, and she appears in the others photos with F4.

This is like "Where's Wally?" XDDD

Um, does anyone know how long it takes for the dvd box set to be released?

Like is it usually a few months after the series stopped airing?

Haha, im willing to pay alot for it :DDDDDDD Okay, well not too much since im not that rich U_U

In the k-drama dvd box set thread, someone posted that k2dvd.com is listing the box set for $99.00 USD with a release date of 4/30/09. It's supposed to come with some extras. However, it's a region 3 so it probably won't be subtitled (if you need subs).

I've been told that YA Entertainment is currently trying to negotiate with KBS to distribute the box set in the U.S. Funny, YA's president said he was flooded with phone calls and emails about BOF ever since the final episode aired. Personally, I'm hoping and waiting for the YA version (if they make one), even though it will take longer to release since they'll have to sub it. The quality of the English subs released in other Asian countries makes it not worth purchasing even if they are cheaper and released sooner. I also noticed that when Korean dramas are released overseas, they change the characters' names.

Guest lilethkim

I just finished watching BOF and yeah, I do hope there is part 2. =P

I'm so happy for SoEulmate. Haha. =P

Daaang. That was really the last episode. I feel so sad right now.

I'll miss everyone.

Guest funkindagirl

Not to sound pessimistic or anything but does anyone else think this 'SPECIAL EPISODE' will be just a SPECIAL of the drama itself?

Just like when Goong ended...it had a special where all of the stars and co-stars of the drama came out and participated in a talk show format.

It was basically highlights, ngs, and talk. I just don't think they would end the drama with the time-leap with a special episode right around the corner. I'm sorry to sound like such a downer but I don't want high hopes to be crushed if this SP EP is not what everyone is expecting.

Um, YES.

I think that is what everyone IS expecting and knows the special will be about.

It'll be a special 'talk show' where they all come together and show NGs, BTS etc. and I for one, cant wait! It'll be awesome to see the cast together like before but this time with GHS.

What kind of special ep were you thinking of??

I've been told that YA Entertainment is currently trying to negotiate with KBS to distribute the box set in the U.S. Funny, YA's president said he was flooded with phone calls and emails about BOF ever since the final episode aired. Personally, I'm hoping and waiting for the YA version (if they make one), even though it will take longer to release since they'll have to sub it. The quality of the English subs released in other Asian countries makes it not worth purchasing even if they are cheaper and released sooner. I also noticed that when Korean dramas are released overseas, they change the characters' names.

Haha, not surprising they were flooded with requests. I love YA kdrama boxsets because they're of such high quality in terms of the packaging and the very accurate subtitles. I hope we dont have to wait too long though, it would be nice to get it before the year is out.

Guest letmebeplease

Wow what a huge wrap up party, its sad to think this is the last time they'll ALL be together.

Wish I could hear the speeches they gave.

Side note:

(I LOVE Minho's tight pants) :P

Think its just a rumour, there's been no official confirmation so far.

oh?? really i thought it was true... thnx anyway :)

but i hope there will be a season 2 or the movie :wub: :wub: :wub::D :D :D :D

knuts, I think this photo was taken just after finished the last scene filming, and Goo Hye Sun was there, and she appears in the others photos with F4.

This is like "Where's Wally?" XDDD

I read an account from someone who was there during the final filming that GHS went missing, and so she was not in the group photo. Apparently, KHJ looked concerned, looking around to see where she might be. They (I think F4) later went to find her in her van. I think she may either have been crying or changing her clothes (because they threw her into the water after shooting ended)

Guest lol^_^

i hope there is a part 2 as well

i felt like it left off at an awkward point...

but u never know

it could be like how they do in american movies where at the end the leave something unfinished to signify a part 2

so maybe its like that her

i personally would love to see a wedding between JD and JP

and more of SoEul......maybe a girlfriend for WooBin

i mean they cant not have a part 2 when boys over flowers was the most watched korean drama in asia and the US

they have 2 right?

i would like to buy it too....i hope they will release a region free version

Guest tam1430267282

I read an account from someone who was there during the final filming that GHS went missing, and so she was not in the group photo. Apparently, KHJ looked concerned, looking around to see where she might be. They (I think F4) later went to find her in her van. I think she may either have been crying or changing her clothes (because they threw her into the water after shooting ended)

Thanks! I've been looking at the group photo for too long looking for GHS.. :P

I was wondering, what does a concerned KHJ look like? lol. peace!

KBS hasn't released pics from episode 24 and 25 yet?

Guest del32

It's adorable how concerned the boys were that their 'mascot' was missing from group pictures :lol: and searching for her. I hope they will continued being friends even after the series over *sighs*

Guest AceKiller

Uhm , may I ask if anyone could find some more pics of jandi's parents from Lunar Sea ? I love the way they draw it . :rolleyes:

BTW , I heard there would be sequel of BOF ? Is it true ? I know today is April 1st , but please tell me the truth . Thanks in advance . ;)

Guest garnet07

S2 is just a rumor!! Personally, I hope there wouldn't be a S2 since there isn't much story left to tell anyways. It's just going to drag the drama more. Maybe they can make a special movie where it shows Jun Pyo and Jan Di getting married and have kids and whatever the rest of the F4 are doing. That should pretty much wrap up everything and make everyone happy. S2's never work out for the most part.

Ahh, currently listening to all the BOF OSTs and I truly truly will miss the craziness of this drama. Thanks everyone for all your insights. See you guys all on another drama fandom.

Guest dreampryncezz

I actually think the director is quite good. Without the director, I dont' think the whole production can be as good: from choosing the scenery, to choosing how to place the actors, to even telling the actors what to do. No matter how many criticisms we have of it, the creativity and talent of the director are things that make this drama really good. He is the same director that did MY GIRL which was also really popular!

I think it was the broadcasting company that put a lot of restrictions on the show. :(

Guest wasabiness

the pool scene was the most touching moment of BOF, absolutely amazing!!

having watched the last 2 episodes in 1 viewing, the yumi character/plot felt so rushed - they really needed more time to flesh this out.

ga eul and yi jeong getting together was <3 - i had a feeling this would happen even though they've never gotten together in the previous hana yori dango incarnations (i think?) gogo soeul mates!

Guest pangstar_lOVEs_herojaejoon

warning: extreme melodramatic-ness up ahead...

-you've been warned-

i'm so sad to say this is probobly going to be my last post in this thread, ):

i've literally... became attached to this drama, as silly as it sounds.

im going to miss anxiety attacks after a break up between the otp.

im going to miss checking on this thread every 30 seconds for updates.

im going to miss being suddenly excited on sunday to watch mon/tues eps.

im going to miss flowerpot's reviews and blue_angel_1004's spot on spoilers,

im going to miss lunar seas dream-like artwork

im going to miss junpyo's totally NOT "curly hair" (;

im going to miss jihoo's bulging eyeballs when he's mad.

im especially going to miss woobin's gangster engrish.

and to me, this list will go on and on,

no matter how much i complained, how an arc was dragging,

blah, blah this, blah, blah that. im going to miss everything about this drama,

because the leads have so much chemistry together.

i'd definetly like to see more of lee minhoswork, hes amazing, and hot too, (:

i'm going to pray for a movie, where a certain junpyo jr. is included, xD!

& for episode, 25... i almost cried, literally at the beginning just because

it said -last episode- sigh~ haha.

the pool scene is truly beautiful, just like in 'lovers in paris'.

the CPR was like... haha, 'looks like they're making out...'

& the actual kiss scene was adorable. aah~ they're so comfy w/ eachother noow.

ooo~ evil witch&coma dad are together!~ ahh.

the ending...hm, it was mixed. it was definetly happy, but sad because,

no more bof mon/tues, right? it seems, they've wrapped the present,

and tied a knot, but didn't tie a bow. does anybody get that? thats my opinion

on the ending. im stilll happy, the otp is together at last, (:

and i loved how they played paradise. normally, i would cringe and say

'yea, k...wtf? no!' today it definetly touched home. sad that its over. sighsigh.

if anyone has any good upcoming dramas in mind, please pm me, (:

and on last note:

goodbye infamous f4. goodbye geum jandi; the strong weed.

& goodbye goodbye fellow bof fans.

thank you cast. thank you crew. thank you...

for finding the inner 12 year old in all of us,

long live boys over flowers, ♥

you'll always have a special place in our hearts!

I want to thank you so much for posting this.

You have tooken all the words out of me.

I have to agree with you. This drama has brought out the 12 year-olds in us.

It really did make me happy. I actually liked Mondays when BOF was on.

thank you so much, this post really did make me want to cry & sob.

I just want to be thankful to all the staff, PD's,fans, & espicially the cast for their hardwork.

Going to miss everybody here so much! Thank you guys for your spoilers,pictures, & ranting :DHope to see you guys again for Boys Over Flowers 2 in other drama/threads :)

boys over flowers ♥

always will have a special place in my heart

Guest mandapanda

damn. im gonna miss this drama. i hated yumi. i dont get how she can walk again after junpyo was discharged rofl. i was like wtf everytime she walks hahaha.

I'M GONNA MISS JUNDI & F4 T__________T jihoo sunbaeeeeeee~

I actually think the director is quite good. Without the director, I dont' think the whole production can be as good: from choosing the scenery, to choosing how to place the actors, to even telling the actors what to do. No matter how many criticisms we have of it, the creativity and talent of the director are things that make this drama really good. He is the same director that did MY GIRL which was also really popular!

I think it was the broadcasting company that put a lot of restrictions on the show. :(

I would have to disagree. The only real restrictions we've heard about from the broadcasting company relate to the violence and adult themes. The director, on the other hand, has a lot of responsibility. He controls the storyline bc he can override the SW, he controls the acting, the set direction... he oversees all of it. I think the crazy schedule alone and all the mishaps is a perfect example of how the director messed up. Many, if not all, Korean dramas air as they film. However, the BOF cast and crew were grossly over-worked to the point where all of the 5 main cast actors got into accidents. We know that LMH and KHJ lost a lot of weight (which showed) and towards the end there were reports that the actors were only getting a few minutes of sleep. At some point, the director should have stepped in. Just a few steps he could have taken: (1) hire drivers whose sole purpose is to drive; (2) if filming can't proceed bc a huge fan crowd shows up, then move the location. Don't just wait around for 4-5 hours hoping the crowd will disappear. They are crazy stalker fans--they are not going to just disapper. (3) provide better direction to the actors so that numerous takes are not required; (4) provide better direction to story arcs so that there is better cohesion, meaning to cut unnecessary scenes so that there are less scenes to film; (5) if all else fails, then postpone an episode for crying out loud. It was done when GHS was in the hospital so just do it again.

Just my humble opinion

In Meteor Garden, the second season was dedicated almost entirely to Daoming Si's (Junpyo) memory loss, and they really dragged out the story until I was bored to death. Since this part has already been done in the Korean version, I don't think they will actually have a season 2. However, I would love to see a movie, as a lot of you have stated, which ties up all the loose ends in the story and just gives it a bit more "closure", as we saw in HYD, the movie. Without giving too much away (for those of you who have yet to watch it), the final scene shows the main couple on an island by themselves, and it was such a poignant and precious ending. I wish we could see something like this in a BOF movie!!!! Because of the immense popularity of this drama, I have high hopes that they will at least entertain the thought of making a movie, if the schedules of the actors allow them to all be available at the same time. Anyway, it's been a an amazing 4 months of BOF, thanks to all of you for being a part of this experience!!!

Guest yumoreo5

I for one object to a second season. BOF dragged like crazy. :rolleyes: Because this drama was airing and filming at the same time, it lacked organization. A lot of the scenes were filler scenes that could have been used to build up perhaps SoEul or Woo Bin's side story. This was a 25 Episode drama YET I felt like a lot of the important points were rushed while they dragged out the least significant moments.

BOF ended in a good note, Jun Pyo proposing, Ji Hoo a doctor, SoEul happy together, and Woo Bin, well, there was never much on him anyway. Jun Pyo's parents happy together, Jun Pyo's Sister was happy, Jandi's family happy, happy happy happy all around. The loose ends were in a way tied, no need for a sequel, PLEASE NO!

Even I thought Hana Yori Dango Final, the movie, was um, boring and cheesy? Or perhaps it was the short and tasteless dialogue that bored me. Anyway, if they do decide to make a sequel, I hope there's more organization, more of a storyline, share more screentime with the other F4, not all about Jun Pyo and Ji Hoo because if that was the case, they're just repeating BOF 1. :rolleyes:

Guest tchq90

If the second sequel has scenes with Ji Hoo then Ji Hoo Jan Di then Ji Hoo then Ji Hoo Jan Di then Ji Hoo again and again, I will definitely pass. Please give KHJ a break to take some acting lessons first before considering him for this role one more time.

I think BOF completely messed up the definition of "soulmate". Soulmates will end up no matter what. They're the apex of true love that spans time and distance.

Jihoo was more like...platonic best friend. Or bosom buddy. Or kindred spirit. NOT a soulmate.

I also DO NOT UNDERSTAND why Yumi was even included in the last two episodes. She didn't advance JP and JD's relationship, or built on the characters. I feel like the awful scriptwriter threw in the Umi arc simply for the sake of stuffing the entire manga into the series. The story could've been fleshed out so much more without all the screen time dedicated to Umi.

As much as I hated Yumi's very existence, in this version of BOF she was needed to further the JD/JP relationship. I hate to say it, but it's true. Because of Yumi, JD became even more aware of her love for JP. Unlike when JK was in the picture, JD actually fights for JP. Her fight may not be in your face, but like her love for JP it is there. She refuses to give in to Yumi's schemes and refuses to let go of JP. It doesn't matter how rude he is to her, how much he may think that Yumi is his gf or what Yumi does. JD just keeps plugging along and trying to find away to make JP remember. Her falling in the pool and remaining under water for so long (my heart was in my throat) showed the depths of her love for JP and the extent she was willing to go to to keep him.

If there was no accident, no amnesia and no Yumi, JD would have probably remained in the fishing village trying to protect GE and JH. Let's just thank God that her role and existence was short lived.