[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

Guest funkindagirl

^ Haha I think they generally share all their accessories among F4.

I noticed the hand warmers that GE gave to YJ have been passed back and forth between YJ & WB a lot.

Lol, although I dont think they share rings. WB tends to stick with his 'crown ring'

And JP has his black one. Although he changes it frequently.

Guest kimngoc266

I read the maga, and in the maga, after JP and JD get back together after spending time in the desert island set up and JK, JP get stabbed by someone who was pissed at Shinhwa group. JP almost died, but because of JD he survived. However, because of this incident, he lost his memory, he remembered everyone else except JD. JD was very sad, but she frequently came to see JP at the hospital and tried different things to get JP' s memory back. At the hospital, there was a girl who befriend with JD but fell in love with JP and tried to break JP and JD apart. I guess the PD will put in the amnesia arc after JP get stabbed at the fishing village.

I'm excited about the preview. Look like PD is trying to come to the end of the drama by uniting JP and JD together.

Guest mysticalz

YJ and GE (in the first pic, they're waiting for filming. in the second pic, YJ is taking GE's photo w/ a camera):

At the fishing village lives a man who is seeking revenge at the Shinhwa Group. He mistakenly thinks JH is JP and tries to stab him, but JP gets stabbed instead while trying to stop him. JD is there too. When JP is hospitalized, Joon Hee yells at Chairwoman Kang and says this is all her fault. According to the script, Chairwoman Kang sheds a tear (not sure if in front of Joon Hee or not).

Ep 23 ends w/ JH crying in front of his grandfather. Not sure whether all this will be included in ep 23 or pushed back to 24. As of ep 23, no sign of Umi yet.

i cut ur post........but is it possible that when Jp was stb he rolled over then hit his head thats why he loss his memory and Umi might be a nurse who takes care of him......this is just my speculation :P

can someone put englsih sub to episode 23 preview

Guest polaris

haha this is random... but wouldnt it be so cool if Woobin hooked up with JP's sister?? ... you know.. she's divorced right? (if she's not..then she should get one) and Woobin likes the ladies a bit older and with her fighting skills ..she would fit right in with his mob background :rolleyes:

.. voile! ... it's a perfect match.

Guest F4fan

I read the maga, and in the maga, after JP and JD get back together after spending time in the desert island set up and JK, JP get stabbed by someone who was pissed at Shinhwa group. JP almost died, but because of JD he survived. However, because of this incident, he lost his memory, he remembered everyone else except JD. JD was very sad, but she frequently came to see JP at the hospital and tried different things to get JP' s memory back. At the hospital, there was a girl who befriend with JD but fell in love with JP and tried to break JP and JD apart. I guess the PD will put in the amnesia arc after JP get stabbed at the fishing village.

I'm excited about the preview. Look like PD is trying to come to the end of the drama by uniting JP and JD together.

Oh...this makes sense. Okay, not really sure how stabbing causes amnesia but whatever. Just don't spend more than one episode on it. Better than the traffic accident. It might put JD with equal footing with JP after saving him and his father.

haha this is random... but wouldnt it be so cool if Woobin hooked up with JP's sister?? ... you know.. she's divorced right? (if she's not..then she should get one) and Woobin likes the ladies a bit older and with her fighting skills ..she would fit right in with his mob background :rolleyes:

Is she divorced? Or isn't she still married to a hotelier? In the swimming competition, the 3 Mean Girls said that she was married to a guy who has the biggest hotel or something like that.

Guest TW1NKLE

Thanks for the translation, TW1NKLE! But just to clarify, in the ep 22 long preview, Secretary Jung tells Chairwoman Kang, "Aside from everything else, but to eliminate Su-Am Art Center..."

In other words, the witch's plan to hurt JD involves trying to hurt JH's art center business. I assume this is why JD decides to break up with JP.

ahhhh you're awesome! thank you so much :D

EPISODE 23 LONG PREVIEW TRANSLATION

Jandi: Hello!!

Maids: Geum Jandi!

Jandi: How is everyone?

Maids: What are you doing here? Are you allowed to just come like this?

Jandi: It's do or die~

Maids: Geum Jandi Hwaiting~ We're all on Geum Jandi's side!

Gma: AHEM.

Jandi: Hello, Sunbae!

Gma: Welcome, Ms. Geum Jandi.

Jandi: What's wrong? I'm Geum Jandi! Your student!

Gma: You are now a guest in this house. What brings you here?

Jandi: Ah~ Goo Joonpyo... i mean the young master... I'm here to see Goo Joonpyo!

Gma: The young master is in his room.

Jandi: Okay~

Jandi: Joonpyo yah!! Let's play!!

Joonpyo: I'm hearing Geum Jandi's voice now -_-

Jandi: GOO JOONPYO LET'S PLAY!!

Joonpyo: Yah! What's going on?

Jandi: Goo Joonpyo, let's go play ^^

Joonpyo: Why'd you come?! Did the evil witch do something again?? Is that it?

Jandi: GOO JOONPYO LET'S PLAY!!

Joonpyo: WHat are you doing??

Jandi: Let's go on a picnic! [holds up the lunch] Picnic!

Joonhee: How could you do that?

Kang: Can't you see that I'm already having a difficult time without you creating a scene.

Joonhee: Mom.. No i don't even want to call you Mom anymore. How can you.. How can anyone.. How could you do something like that??

Kang: What are you talking about?

Joonhee: Why did you say our father was dead?!

Kang: You.

Joonhee: You want to know how i knew? Is that important? You thought you could just bury away our father and keep it a secret forever?! Why did you do that?! WHY?!?!

Kang: It's what your father would have wanted.

Joonhee. What..?

Kang: I was going to take resposibility for everything. Then, suddenly, your father fainted. He was in a vegetative state. I couldn't stand and watch the head of Shinhwa Group crumble like that. My pride wouldn't allow that to happen.

Joonhee: Pride.. Our father is alive and yet you told the whole world and your own children that he's dead.. all because of your pride?!

Kang: It was for your father.

Joonpyo: What are you talking about?

Kang: Joonpyo. I'll carefully explain everything. I-

Joonpyo: WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!

Joonhee: I'm going to go see father right now. You're going to come too, right?

Joonpyo: I'm not going.

Joonhee: Joonpyo!

Joonpyo: I'm not interested.

Woobin: What?!

Joonpyo: If you're going to go, go by yourself.

Jihoo: Goo Joonpyo.

Woobin: Joonpyo, is that how you really feel? Don't act like that, just go.

Joonpyo: I said i'm not interested.

Jihoo: I'm going to ask one more time. Is that how you really feel?

Joonpyo: I do miss her..

Jihoo: It's up to you whether you come or not.

-end-

Guest funkindagirl

I love the scene in the Ep.23 preview when JD is yelling out to JP to play. Its so childish and..JD-ish. :lol:

And she remembered!! The picnic she promised him when they were stranded in the hut up in the mountains in Ep. 12. :D

Haha nice idea but unfortunately JP's sister is still married.

I think WB's just destined to end up alone in BOF.

Oh...this makes sense. Okay, not really sure how stabbing causes amnesia but whatever. Just don't spend more than one episode on it. Better than the traffic accident. It might put JD with equal footing with JP after saving him and his father.

Yes, agree with you F4fan stabbing does not cause amnesia. With only 4 episodes to go, I'm hoping the amnesia arc is excluded in this version. There have been no announcements regarding the actress who'll portray Umi, so I am keeping my fingers crossed. This, by far, was the lamest part of the manga.

Guest lemonsorbet

hmm

if they are really doing the amnesia arc, and a Umi is supposed to appear in ep 23,24.. shouldnt there have been a report on who was cast? unless theyre changing it to ep 24, 25..

if thats the case, the pd's are sure giving us angst til the very end! :angry:

TW1NKLE,thx for the translations...gah..can't wait for next Monday and Tuesday...

I think thay had a sweet kiss instead of a passionate one because maybe HS's lips are still recovering from her recent accident..??

That's just my guess...maybe they don't want to burst her stitches...

The PD had to comply with the Korean Censored Committee - not too passionate for the younger viewers. Remember that passionate kiss in ep. 10 or was it 9, the PD had to cut out the really passionate portion because of the younger viewer.

Hey, a sweet kiss is a lot better than no kissing at all.

Guest eternitygoddess

Who cares who Woobin ends up with? I think it's smart that he stays single at the end of BOF. He's 20 something years old for goodness sakes! It's really unrealistic in the beginning for people to find their soulmates when they're in their early 20s (JP and YJ were purely for the show's sakes). I rather him go out, find himself, get some experience, and then meet the girl of his dreams.

Having a happy ending for everyone is overkill. I'd like to think that the BOF story will go on, and their lives still have chapters yet to be written.

Guest Banana Peel

Joonpyo: I'm not interested.

Woobin: What?!

Joonpyo: If you're going to go, go by yourself.

Jihoo: Goo Joonpyo.

Woobin: Joonpyo, is that how you really feel? Don't act like that, just go.

Joonpyo: I said i'm not interested.

Jihoo: I'm going to ask one more time. Is that how you really feel?

Joonpyo: I do miss her..

Jihoo: It's up to you whether you come or not.

-end-

Sorry to cut your post and thanks for the translations! :)

I thought JP JH and WB was talking about JP's dad, in that part ^

but I guess it's about JD? I wonder what they're talking about.. :huh:

Guest yogurutu

hmm

if they are really doing the amnesia arc, and a Umi is supposed to appear in ep 23,24.. shouldnt there have been a report on who was cast? unless theyre changing it to ep 24, 25..

if thats the case, the pd's are sure giving us angst til the very end! :angry:

There's been a rumor that Lee Hyun Ji is cast as Nakashima Umi - It's not confirmed, but she posted on her cyworld "Amen Amen Amen Amen Nakashima Umi" in her main info box.

Lee Hyun Ji is a singer and actress; She was a part of "Banana Girl", sang the song "Kiss Me Kiss Me", and "Vanilla Love feat. Onew of Shinee". She also hosted and guested on a few variety programs.

Go to http://kpculture.wordpress.com/2009/03/21/...son-2-spoilers/ and scroll down for more information.

Guest TW1NKLE

Sorry to cut your post and thanks for the translations! :)

I thought JP JH and WB was talking about JP's dad, in that part ^

but I guess it's about JD? I wonder what they're talking about.. :huh:

hmmm that's what i was thinking at first, but why would jihoo go see joonpyo's dad? the video quality is horrible so i couldn't really hear what they were saying. but it just made sense that jihoo would go see jandi haha

Guest raahmose

It has been a while since I posted something on this thread. I've been a silent admirer of the show from the begining. I have a few observations that I wish to share with you all.

JP and JK:

As much as we love to hate the pair, there was some definite chemistry. There was a level of understanding between them. JP was extremely patient with her. This was based mostly on sympathy and maybe a few moments of intrigue. He understands her background, knows her pain and is empathetic towards her current situation. I'm glad he let her down easy. She was to get hurt in the end, but he let her do it on her own terms.

JP and JD:

There is a scene in one of the later episodes when the two are in a hotel room stalking GE and YJ. JP makes a comment: you are not GD if you don't turn my insides upside down. This is very astute observation about the relationship. From the begining, JD has shaken JP to the core and turned his world upside down. Indirectly, JP has done the same for JD. His mother has been the source of the trials and turbulations JD has gone through. But through it all, there has been an undeniable connection between the two. They do richard simmons each other off, but somehow it is not unwelcomed. Good times have been few, but enough to keep them coming back for more.

GE and YJ:

I like this pair very much. As much as YJ portrays himself as this bashful person, he is very shy and sensitive. I like how GE has taken control of their situation from the begining. There wouldn't have been anything had she not encouraged it. He is afraid and she is not turned off by that. It is interesting how he keeps denying in the soulmate concept yet keeps gravitating towards her. She is, by his account, a no no for him. Yet, he won't push her away completely.

Guest dreampryncezz

Hi if anyone is interested I will be uploading the rest of the series in HD 1280x720 on my youtube channel oldschoolkaypop thanks.

Wow...the quality is amazing. Do you think you can upload the HD version with English subs? I also think you should name it something else. Youtube has been cracking down on a lot of accounts with "Boys Over Flowers" in the title of videos.

-----

OMG! The previews are super amazing. I love JD&JP. I forget how much I like them together because we've been seeing too many moments with them and other people.

I do really hate JK in this series, but I definitely like the actress. I can't wait for the actress to have a role starring as the main lead in another series. Seriously, if we were to enter this series at the wedding scene with JK as the main lead, I think that we would all side with JK. She's pretty charming.

Anyway, I cannot wait to see the last 4 episodes. I cannot believe it's over so soon. :(

Guest jenjen4

*don't tell me the dad is the butler that's always with him*

anyways...i cannot wait until the new episode is out. seriously, it's getting really twisted. must they incorporate so much at the end? i do feel like it's rushed. regardless, i think in the last few episodes they have to really have some worthy moments or else i'll be really disappointed.

dad? amnesia? proposal? Umi?

how will it all pan out....we'll wait and see.

the spoilers are so much fun haha. everyone is trying to understand it. anticipation.

thanks so much for the ep. 22-23 long preview translations, TW1NKLE!!

and thanks for all the pics and news. :D

does anyone have a compilation of the posts with the X-Files clips? i just realized that my clubbox has 1-8 and noticed that someone posted 18-19 here a few pages back. so, i'm interested in grabbing the remaining ones that i'm missing. :lol:

is the stabbing in the manga? or was it made up in the japanese version? i hope they dont put in the losing memory thing. i think its quite stupid. i understand its for jandi to express her love for jun pyo but i think the stabbing thing is good enough. The stabbing hasn't been acted in any version yet so hope the korean version will have it if it was in the manga. Would be good if the korean version will have something different. Looking forward to what happens.... so far the writers have done really well...really hope that they dont ruin the ending....they must be so stress!!

yes, the stabbing is in the manga. they (F4, tsukushi, shigeru...) came back from an island. shigeru had her bodyguards stun-gun tsukasa while he was having stew with tsukushi at her house, put them on some big ship on auto-pilot, and they ended up on an island. its shigeru's attempt to make those two realize their love for each other. anyway, when they went back home, there was a crowd of reporters at the dock. since tsukasa had been gone for some time, the media thought he had been kidnapped. then someone in the crowd, supposedly the chairman of a company that the domyouji business had recently swallowed, decided to take revenge and stabbed tsukasa in the back. tsukushi carried him to the hospital to be treated. but when he finally woke up, he could remember everyone but her. the diagnosis was that maybe he only lost that part of memory since he thought so intensely about her. recovery of memory was uncertain. umi is another girl who was staying at the hospital. she has a bright sociable personality, but can send off the wrong message to the people around her cuz she seems so eager to interact with them. like, she doesn't know she's "in the way" or doing things that are not suitable in the situation. it's like a way of protecting herself since she justifies her actions. tsukushi gets outshone by her in front of tsukasa and was very hurt. but eventually, tsukaka regains his memory after tsukushi throws a baseball at him--the one that she caught at the game on their date. XD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

anyway, i have a hobby of writing english lyrics to songs that i like. so, after getting my OST part 1 in the mail recently, i wrote the english version of these two fave tracks of mine... :D please have a read if you're interested. ^^

SS501 - Because I'm Stupid [English lyrics]

*written from perspective of JP to JD

Kim Yoo Kyung - Starlight Tears [English lyrics]

*written from perspective of JH to JD

credits: wackycashew / dreamweaver @ soompi // http://wackycashew.wordpress.com

i've never really posted here before. =D i like kim hyun joong and wanted to follow this drama. but due to lack of time online, i couldn't download to watch. i'm mostly at the library tutoring in the evenings, so i resorted to reading the manga series instead. :P i just finished the manga, and managed to backtrack the drama this past week since my students are on spring break. ^^V so, i hope to watch the series to see how it compares with the manga. i actually caught parts of a few ep's recently while i was in korea. BOF stuff is EVERYWHERE!!! :lol: at different window displays of shops and restaurants and stuff. and the ep's are repeated quite often on different channels. keke~

example... here's a shot at COEX mall... :rolleyes:

t4z910.jpg

and here's a puzzle i got in myeongdong for a friend... :wub:

neht14.jpg

and a shot at the subway... :P girls passing by would just walk up and touch the poster and squeal. heehee~ i took a pic with a hyun joong board at a tony moly shop at gangnam subway underground shopping center. but since that's not related to BOF, i won't post it. =P

28u4s9l.jpg

credits: wackycashew / dreamweaver @ soompi // PLEASE DON'T POST THESE PICS ANYWHERE ELSE. THANKS! =)