[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

Guest EUNSHIHAE

Okay so i just finished watching Episode 1 & Episode 2! OMG! i have seen Meteor Garden and Hana Yori Dango, and so far, Boys Over Flower has captivated me much more. I haven't felt this excited about watching a drama before. After all the hype that the korean media has shown BOF, the wait was definitely worth it. Even though i know what's going to happen, i just can't help it but be curious as to wonder how the Korean version was going to play out like.

FIRST: i absolutely love AND adore all the characters. I think Goo Hye Sun is soooo pretty and funny. I really like her acting in here, but i really, really, really wished that they had kept her hair long and straight. i dont really like the short hair with bangs, but she's still pretty though. And then Jun-Pyo *fans self* okay, i definitely loooooove this guy to death. He makes such a good Domyouji and he's soooo evil but adorable at the same time. I just loved the part when he was sitting in his chair, laughing to himself because he was trying to figure Jan Di out. And his conclusion came to that she must've liked him. He's so goofy, gotta looooove the bee part too, because that was just too cute :) Then there's Hyun Joong playing Rui. There were some parts when he looked like he was off in his own little world with his deer caught in the headlight stare, but i totally love Hyun Joong as Rui. He's so quiet and when you look at him, he seemed so peaceful and beautiful, lols... He does it well, and i just looooove the whole pancake part. He was adorable there. But all in all, i really like how this version builds up and Jan Di's background. How she ended up going to Shin Hwa school and everything. So i'm not going to complain about this drama because so far i give it two thumbs up. Now i just can't wait to next week's episodes!!!

And yeah...

I also think Lee Minho was the biggest surprise of this drama so far. He was awesome as Tsukasa! I'm also thinking that he might become my fav Tsukasa... :P

i agree with you, Lee Minho has become my favorite Tsukasa as well!!

BTW: Does anybody know what song is playing during the part when Jan Di was cleaning up the pool when Jun Pyo trashed it with garbage? I love that song, definitely my favorite song out of the drama so far!

Also why are we discussing how realistic Boys Over Flowers is? It's adapted from a manga! And how many scary violent guys will actually fall in love with you when you kick them in the head? C'mon, it's escapism + crack + awesomeness + eye candy which is why it's so much fun to watch. xD

LOL, I totally love your explanation, I was reading the comments and was like "REALISTIC?" people this is adapted from a manga...cartoonist people! So your escapism+crack+awesomeness+eye candy really summed it up!

Guest RITSUKO

Did anyone else think that guy "Lee Min Ah" in the beginning (the one who got the F4 note in his locker) was really good looking @_@ my god <3333

Goo Hye Sun matched the part perfectly too. Her hair cut was really cute, and she looked as flawless as always.

Well to the comparisons with the actors that play Domyouji, I think Jun did the best Domyouji, but it's a different drama, and actors have their own portrayal of the character. I think Min Ho was great too (=

Did anyone else think that guy "Lee Min Ah" in the beginning (the one who got the F4 note in his locker) was really good looking @_@ my god <3333

The first guy who got the red note played in Doremifasolatido the movie, he was hot in there too!!

Hmm... i actually find GHS's haircut cute, not all agrees with me though =p I remember Makino had that similar hairstyle in the manga, so that hairstyle is based on manga?

Uh Oh..... i kept replaying episode 2...... T_T i'm addicted to Junpyo's cute scenes.

Waiting for next week is a big torture....... ughhhhhhh

---Caroline

Guest I_broke_a_nail!

OK, I, for one, am really glad that I stuck through this drama.

***If, for whatever reason, you hated episode 1, try watching episode 2 b/c it will change your mind***

- Jandi's acting improves so much more in eps. 2 & she looked so pretty in eps. 2 when Joon Pyo gave her that make-over.

- Seo Hyun (the person that is Shizuka) is HOT ... I mean look at her lovely rack ::swoon:: lol sorry

- Joon Pyo, regardless of how he looks, plays "Domoyogi" better than the others. Although he's not as comical as the jdrama version, he is definitely what Domoyogi is SUPPOSED to be.

Highlights of episode 2

- Jandi was incredibly pretty with the longer hair that Joon Pyo's people gave her. I kind of wished they portrayed her character with long hair and put it in pigtails since that's what Makino is supposed to look like... but the short hair definitely highlights the "ordinary" look in her.

- Seo Hyun's appearance. Damn, she's so fricken hot, and I don't care how lesbian that may sound kekekeke.

- Everything seems so much more luxurious in the kdrama version, no lie.

- Ji Hoo (aka Hanazawa Rei/Hyun Joong) had the FUNNIEST reaction at the end when the new and improved Jandi appeared for the dance after Seo Hyun gave her shoes and dress.

hahaha.

Man, it's been a long time since I've obsessed on a drama, episode by episode.

Although... episode 1, I feel, scares a lot of viewers away. It's really nothing comparing to how good episode 2 was.

I can't wait 'til I see the next episode

And Arashi.vox ... damn, he/she is so cool ::tears::

The first guy who got the red note played in Doremifasolatido the movie, he was hot in there too!!

I remember Makino had that similar hairstyle in the manga, so that hairstyle is based on manga?

Sorry, I trimmed your post.

- Yeah, the 1st guy that got the red note is from DoReMi. It didn't occur to me that they were the same actor until he attempted to jump off the building. LOL. He did the same thing in doremi. Let's just say he's really good at playing the distressed dude that jumps off buildings.

- Oh yeahh... but I think at the beginning, before Makino entered the Rui/Domoyogi love triangle, she had longer hair with pigtails.

hey, for those who downloaded my MF links for ep 1(eng subbed), when you joined the parts with HJSplit, was the video file only 28 minutes long/or didn't work at all? because MF is really spazzy and I don't want to give everyone bad links. i might have to re-upload them again...

I've download the 1st and 2nd part

looks fine

dunno about the others

Credits : lychee@joongang.co.kr + SS601.com + (English Translation) xiaochu @ Quainte501.com

Kim HyunJoong filmed kiss scene with Han ChaeYoung and was reborn as ‘real man’.

Kim HyunJoong who acts as Yoon JiHoo in KBS 2TV Mon-Tue drama ‘Boys Over Flowers’, filmed the kiss scene with Han ChaeYoung on 6-Jan afternoon in Seoul Banpo JW Marriott Hotel presidential suite room. On this day, Kim HyunJoong filmed the kiss scene for 3 hours from 6pm to 9pm, giving off a tough masculine beauty.

Sitting in the bedroom, Kim HyunJoong took over the marionette from Min SeoHyun (Han ChaeYoung) and unexpectedly asked Han ChaeYoung “What am I to you?” and threw away the marionette. In addition, soothing himself, he shouted to Han ChaeYoung “Don’t lie. Don’t be ridiculous.” Resenting Han ChaeYoung whom he wants to get, but cannot get near to. Also, Kim HyunJoong said the script “I am a man too. I want to hold you as my woman till death…” and held her and kissed.

Kim HyunJoong and Han ChaeYoung had some NG before completing a more serious kiss scene. After the filming, Kim HyunJoong expressed his thoughts about the filming of the kiss scene “Having doll-like Han ChaeYoung, whom I’ve only seen on TV, right in front of me and even having to kiss, it makes me even more nervous.”

Kim HyunJoong and Han ChaeYoung’s kiss scene will be broadcasted in episode 3 of ‘Boys Over Flowers’ on 12-Jan. Han ChaeYoung made special appearance in the 2nd and 3rd episode as caring first love of Kim HyunJoong who suffers from autism.

Kim HyunJoong “Doll-like Han ChaeYoung right in front of me..”

Credits : asiatoday + SS601.com + (English Translation) xiaochu @ Quainte501.com

So does that mean filming is week by week? Whoa, I thought they had like at least four or five episodes edited and completed already.

Guest I_broke_a_nail!

So does that mean filming is week by week? Whoa, I thought they had like at least four or five episodes edited and completed already.

Hm, maybe its better this way?

B/c then if the actor/actress gets bad feedback, they could immediately change their style and suit the role better.

I don't know.

But it is a bit odd... that they film episode by episode, if that's true.

Sorry, I trimmed your post.

- Yeah, the 1st guy that got the red note is from DoReMi. It didn't occur to me that they were the same actor until he attempted to jump off the building. LOL. He did the same thing in doremi. Let's just say he's really good at playing the distressed dude that jumps off buildings.

- Oh yeahh... but I think at the beginning, before Makino entered the Rui/Domoyogi love triangle, she had longer hair with pigtails.

It's alright ^^

In the manga, she later cuts her hair

http://www.onemanga.com/Hana_Yori_Dango/213/01/

^ the same hairstyle as Jandi, same length...

the girl with black hair is Makino just in case there's someone here that never read HYD before..

---Caroline

Guest wonderfulstar

I'm guessing not?

Because they already filmed Kim HyunJoong's kiss with Goo Hye Sun didn't they?

Because it was in the trailer already... maybe they did that this week?

I'm not sure, but I like it week-by-week because

they can reflect on how they did

Guest manderley_angel

Hm, maybe its better this way?

B/c then if the actor/actress gets bad feedback, they could immediately change their style and suit the role better.

I don't know.

But it is a bit odd... that they film episode by episode, if that's true.

Yeah, that is weird... I've never really come across a kdrama that filmed episode by episode (I think only some kvariety/sitcoms do that...) but maybe they aren't filming this in a linear way?

I meant it would be crazy to have all the New Caledonia scenes in the upcoming Episode 3... I think they already had some parts of each episode film, then other scenes that shot during the week, then eventually pieced together by next week?

c_gunawan541 - you're right... even the mangaka drew Jandi with short hair ^^ I think it suits her better, and stands out from Seo Hyun and the GinSunMi trio... who all have long hair.

And didn't Jandi remind Eejung and Wonbin of Joonpyo's noona... Goo Jun Hee (sister) has short-ish hair that similar to Jandi's. :)

1229927816_151003001_L.jpg

^ goo noona/dongseng looks cute here ^^

A lot of people are commenting on how GHS is overacting in the drama. However, i think she is setting the right portrayal for Jandi. I read the manga and Tsukushi kinda overreacts and has really funny facial expression in the manga also.

Her hair also is short towards the middle of the manga.

Here are some examples of Makino Tsukushi's character that are portrayed by Jandi's "overacting"

hyd_v23_035.jpg

hyd_v17_035.jpg

hyd_v17_010.jpg

(credits Mangafox.com)

Let's give BOF a try and wish for the best of all the characters in this drama :)

Guest iJaney

2whjibr.jpg

Credits : www.reviewstar.net + SS601.com + (English Translation) xiaochu @ Quainte501.com

Ending song ‘I am stupid’ for the 1st episode of ‘Boys Over Flowers’ has received tremendous interest.

At the end of KBS new Mon-Tue drama ‘Boys Over Flowers’ broadcasted on the 5th, the ending song ‘I am stupid’ was released and it has received tremendous interest by viewers.

Especially that it has been the talking point that the song ‘I am stupid’ for drama ‘Boys Over Flowers’ OST is sung by SS501 consisting of Heo YoungSaeng, Kim KyuJong and Kim HyungJoon and has received a tremendous response from the fans. Viewership has been high since the first broadcast and is an indication that the OST will be selling great.

Many fans have been discussing much about the broadcasted drama ‘Boys Over Flowers’ and the plot (of the drama) has received much interests. It will probably induce exceptional interest further on, keeping a lookout for the turn in the story.

Boys over flowers OST. tracks list

Credits: WithS2 (songs trans) + yeohweping@soompi

01. Paradise (flower boys OST Main theme) - T-Max

02. I'm stupid - SS501

03. Do you know - Someday

04. Stand By Me - SHINee

05. Lucky - Ashily

06. Starlight tears - Kim Yu Kyung

07. A little - Seo Ji Young

08. One More Time - tree bicycles

09. I Know (Saxophone Instrument) - Lee Jung Sik

10. Opening Title (Paradise intro) - T-Max

However ‘Boys Over Flowers’ ending song title was changed by netizens

Credits : SS601.com + (English Translation) xiaochu @ Quainte501.com

KBS 2TV Mon-Tue drama ‘Boys Over Flowers’ ending song title was mistakenly changed by netizens.

Ending song cum Kim HyunJoong theme song for ‘Boys Over Flowers’ which was broadcasted on 5th & 6th has gathered much interest immediately after its broadcast, and has been most hit search on different search sites. However, the original title ‘Nae Meoriga NabbaSeo’ (Because I am stupid, literally means because my head is bad) was searched as ‘Nae Meoriga Nabba’ (I am stupid), making the not-yet-released song’s title as ‘I am stupid’.

Lyricist Eun JongTae who wrote ‘Because I am stupid’ sung by SS501 said “It is really interesting how netizens guessed the title for the song which was not released yet and making a search for it.”

He explained “Part of the lyrics that was heard was ‘because I am stupid’, so the original title was ‘Because I am stupid’. However, since the netizens came up with ‘I am stupid’ and it is already in circulation in the internet, I plan to change the title to ‘I am stupid’.”

‘Boys Over Flowers’ OST will include 4-member group Someday’s ‘Do you know?’, KimBum’s theme song sung by Shinee, etc. and will be released online in mid of this month.

Highlights of episode 2

- Ji Hoo (aka Hanazawa Rei/Hyun Joong) had the FUNNIEST reaction at the end when the new and improved Jandi appeared for the dance after Seo Hyun gave her shoes and dress.

apologies for trimming your post.

But i fully agree with this line - LOL, instantly reminded me of him in WGM.

though i don't like to compare the three HYD dramas as each have their own strengths and weaknesses, i can fully sense the korean-ness in BOF (not that there's anything wrong with that) - which gives it its own personality. ATM, i'm loving the set design and while the acting is off at times, i'm hoping there will be improvements by the time the emotional scenes start.

Guest huangsy

^huangsy,,

sorry for asking you this but could you arrange the download link at 1st post please?

thanks

PS: it's ok if you don't want to do that

arrange in wat order ?

BTW, i dont post temporary MU etc links on 1st post, cos they expire in no time.

A lot of people are commenting on how GHS is overacting in the drama. However, i think she is setting the right portrayal for Jandi. I read the manga and Tsukushi kinda overreacts and has really funny facial expression in the manga also.

Her hair also is short towards the middle of the manga.

Here are some examples of Makino Tsukushi's character that are portrayed by Jandi's "overacting"

Let's give BOF a try and wish for the best of all the characters in this drama :)

Thanks for posting those scan of BOF, brings back memories of when I first started reading the manga!!!! Such excitement! It was so funny reading and looking at Makino's expression, and take note that SHE is usually the only one that OVERACT hahaha that's what made it so funny! Anyway, Jandi totally is embracing tha manga Makino!

Guest soph_iie

can someone please help me out

im in china and i want to watch episode one with english subs

youtube doesnt work for me and viikii doesnt seem to be loading

is there an alternative link to episode 1 with english subs?

mysoju doesnt work either ...

ty

Guest Screen Name

If my friend started going, "Yo yo yo! Wassap man!" In front of a Chef. I'd be so embarrassed. I'd be like, "Shut your trap. You're embarrassing the crap outta me!"

Guest hopesofgreen

Um can we please refrain from comments like this. If you don't like him, fine but just keep it to yourself. Love, a butthurt fan :P

Also why are we discussing how realistic Boys Over Flowers is? It's adapted from a manga! And how many scary violent guys will actually fall in love with you when you kick them in the head? C'mon, it's escapism + crack + awesomeness + eye candy which is why it's so much fun to watch. xD

Edit: Your reply made me LOLed. Yeah, I know many people think this version is realistic, but I don't quite agree. I mean, Jun Pyo uses a helicopter to go to school. Come on, now. Yo'ure right, that's probably why its a lot fun to watch.