[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

Since we are clarifying....

When JP confronts JD about why she is no longer swimming and she says she quit. She also said you followed me just ask me that. What did JP say to her? Something about being accused and wanting to know if its true, right? Those two sentences by JP were confusing to understand.

I think he say that he is not the person who lets go something before finding out what happened. YJ accused him in Macau that because of his fault, JD can not swim anymore. He wants to know if its true.

THIS WEEK'S EPISODE WAS AMMAAZZINNGGG ESPECIALLY EPISODE 16... ^_^

JOOPYOO, IT WAS NICE TO SEE HIM AND JANDI TOGETHER SOMEWHAT, WHEN THEY WERE SPYING ON GA EUL AND YI JEONG, IT TOOK ME BACK TO THOSE FUNNY EPISODES WITH THEM, TOWARD THE END I FELT BAD HE GOT SLAPPED BY THAT DUMB WITCH!.

JANDI, SHE WAS HALARIOUS WHEN SHE WAS SPYING, HER GLASSES, BINOCULARS, HIDING, FREAKING OUT AND IMAGINATION, AND AGIAN I FELT BAD FOR HER AFTER THE WITCH FOUND THEM IN THE HOTEL. SHE'S ALSO WORKING REALLY HARD AND ALSO HURTINGG TOO.

JIHOO, I LOVE JIHOO AND HIS NEW HAIR CUT, I WISHED HIS STORY WOULDN'T BE SOO SADD, HE REALLY LOVES JANDI AND HE'S ALWAYS THERE FOR HER BUT HE KNOWS THAT SHE LOVES JOOPYO. I HOPE THAT WHEN HE RECONNECTS WITH HIS GRANDPA THAT EVERYTHING WILL BE ALL GOOD.

WOOBIN, OH HE IS SO COOOLL, I'M GLAD HE'S IN THIS DRAMA, HE WAS REALLY FUNNY TOO! HIS DANCING ALONG WITH "PARADISE VIDEO", MAKING FUN OF JANDI WALKIN IN ON JOOPYO, DOING THE 5 SECOND KILL IMITATION, HIS WINK, AND HIS "ME TOO" AFTER YI JEONG ASKS GA EUL FOR WATER. HE'S TOO CUTE!

YI JEONG, WOW, THIS GUY KNOWS HOW TO ""ACT""(referring to his fake date and back when he helped ga eul with her ex) BUT NO ONE CAN RESIST HIM, ALL THE SCENES OF HIM EPECIALLY WITH GA EUL OR ALWAYS REFERRING TO HER MADE US ALL SQUEAL! HIS FACIAL EXPRESSIONS WAS FUNNY TOO WHEN HE GAVE JK THE BOWL AND SHE SAID SHE WAS GONNA GIVE IT TO HER PET LION AND AT THE BAR WHEN HIM AND WOOBIN WAS LOOKING AT HOW JK DRANK AND ATE. HE WAS REALLY SWEET ON THE DATE WITH GA EUL THOUGH AND HOW HE TOOK CARE OF HER IN ALL, A DIFFERENT PERSON/SIDE OF HIM IT WAS REALLY CUTE. OH! AND HIS 5 SECOND KILL, THAT WAS FUNNY.

GAEUL, I'M SO GLAD SHE AGREED TO GO ON THE SO CALL DATE WITH YI JEONG, EVERYONE NEEDED THAT, WE ALL KNOW SHE LIKES HIM, SHE WAS SO CUTE ON THE DATE. HER AND YI JEONG MAKE THE BEST COUPLE EVER! I CANT WAIT TO SEE MORE OF THEM TOGEHER ALONG WITH THE ARC THAT IS COMING UP. :blink:

I CANT WAIT FOR THE NEXT EPISODES!! :D

sorry for this long post! :blush:

Guest tofumui

Ha ha, I love your comment. Poor JP, he can't let her go. Somebody will complain that he is so illogical but..love is like that. You can't help following your lover.

Poor Jandi too, she still wants to believe him, to find out if he really changed or not. Although she is hurt and angry, but she asks him twice : What do you want?

Jandi, Jandi, he does want you. Nobody nobody but you..

LOL i want nobody nobody but you.. i want nobody nobody but you.. and i remember JaeKyung was at karaoke she was singing the wonder girls song too..

Have these been posted? Another netizens' leak of pictures again

Looks like there will be a scene where JP will save JD from drowning in the pool?

http://i43.tinypic.com/fu05eb.jpg

http://i44.tinypic.com/o5ywxg.jpg

credit: DC Minho

oh i remember from the TW version, she was in the hot spring and fainted, and both guys were running to save her but in this case it would be JiHoo that gets there first.. so i wonder if this version they'll switch it up and have JunPyo save her instead.. cuz since they're only in a pool this time it wouldn't be as bad as if he was in the river/ocean so he would get over his phobia and save her.. ahhh i can't wait to see this scene

Guest jollibee

i just finished episode 15..[currently watching episode 16...]

anyways a few things i have absolutely confirmed without a doubt...

-i love jun pyo's character...my goodness...

yeah!sometimes he's really stupid and irritating but come on...he cries for a girl he may never get a chance to love fully.

-ji hoo's chinese friend is absolutely gay...o_0...

-ji hoo is the most selfless person in the world...

-and i can't take this drama anymore...i actually have no life since i started watching this...

i know a lot of people may not like jun pyo's fiancee, JK. but i like her...i cannot hate her she's sooo00ooo cute...

i love that song that she played in the piano...does anyone know what it was?

i also love that jun pyo's sis is back...to knock some sense to the queen b***h a.k.a their mother...

anyways thanks for all the updates...

Guest Senorita_

Have these been posted?

Another netizens' leak of pictures again

Looks like there will be a scene where JP will save JD from drowning in the pool?

http://i43.tinypic.com/fu05eb.jpg

http://i44.tinypic.com/o5ywxg.jpg

credit: DC Minho

It looks interesting. I think the girl on the floor is JanDi. I think JanDi dropped her necklace in the pool, and when she tries to get it back, she struggles in water. JP sees her and saves JD.

LOL i want nobody nobody but you.. i want nobody nobody but you.. and i remember JaeKyung was at karaoke she was singing the wonder girls song too..

oh i remember from the TW version, she was in the hot spring and fainted, and both guys were running to save her but in this case it would be JiHoo that gets there first.. so i wonder if this version they'll switch it up and have JunPyo save her instead.. cuz since they're only in a pool this time it wouldn't be as bad as if he was in the river/ocean so he would get over his phobia and save her.. ahhh i can't wait to see this scene

LOL

You got me right . JK is so funny and unique. I like her a lot and hope that she can end up with sb. JH? Cant imagine JH will sing karaoke and eat chicken-legs. :lol: . I think Yo Yo is better.

Its so romantic and touching if JP saves JD this time. Both JH and JK will see there is no place for them and JK will let JP go.

But we still have the Evil Mom here.

Gosh, how could be the mom like her ? So terrible, cold-heart, cruel. I can not stand the scene when JP screamed angrily with the eyes of tears " This is the gal, YOUR SON, ever love since I was born!"

Guest huangsy

SS501 should be performing "I am stupid" tom Fri 27 Feb on Music Bank

http://www.kbs.co.kr/2tv/enter/musicbank/v...2349_10385.html

Actor Ahn Suk Hwan (JD's dad) is really popular, this is the 2nd time Morning Live with Nam & Choi is featuring him exclusively, 2nd time was this morning, LQ vod at http://hallyudrama.blogspot.com/search/lab...hn%20Suk%20Hwan

I love Ahn Suk Hwan ( JD's dad). He is funny. I liked him in Delightful Choo-yang and in My Girl. I am glad that they got him for JD's dad. The scene with the both of them at the swings was one of the best scenes in the whole series.

Guest lilnahnah

Since we are clarifying....

When JP confronts JD about why she is no longer swimming and she says she quit. She also said you followed me just ask me that. What did JP say to her? Something about being accused and wanting to know if its true, right? Those two sentences by JP were confusing to understand.

I just played that part back and I typed up a quick translated transcript of the exchange

JP: How come you're not swimming anymore?

JD: I quit

JP: Why would a swimmer quit swimming?

JD: It's none of your business...is that why you're following me?

JP: It's not in my nature to sit by and take things unfairly...I have to reveal things that need to be revealed.

[this is a tricky line to translate...basically he means, he doesn't like being misunderstood, and needs to clear up misunderstandings]

JD: About what?

JP: The engagement or whatever...it has nothing to do with me

So yeah, the main thing he wanted to get across to Jandi was : "I'm not engaged. Really, I'm not."

And at the same time, he probably thought he might as well ask what the whole swimming thing was about that Yijung had mentioned in Macau.

Ahhh.... thanks all for clarifying what JP was saying. This was very helpful.

I thought it was just pertained to swimming. Since JD wasn't going to say more about it and he wasn't able to talk to her after the birthday party, he wanted to let her know that he had nothing to do with the engagement. Now, he meant it for both.

It looks interesting. I think the girl on the floor is JanDi. I think JanDi dropped her necklace in the pool, and when she tries to get it back, she struggles in water. JP sees her and saves JD.

SPECULATIONs

wow this is a gd speculation. i would like to think jandi returns junpyo the necklace and then out of anger he threw it in the pool and then jandi sees that and jumps to pick up the necklace LOL. and then she ends up having... shoulder cramps? o.0|| lOL. and junpyo saves her?

but it makes me wonder how in the world can junypo swim? LOL

oh, guys, of course that girl is JD. u can see in the picture she's siting on teh floor. JD"s hair is fifferent from JK. u can see some of the short hair in front of her forehead. it must be JD. the problem here is why JD falls over the pool & whether anyone there ecept for JP . i hope there are JH & JK too. ^^

i have to say that seeing that pics makes my lesson in school today much more intersting. ha ha. i felt quite depressed with the current storyline & suddenly, u guys posted those pics. i feel glad again ^^

Guest vthinkg

Sorry to cut your post... According to Korean netizens, JD faints into the pool from anemia, and JP saves her. So her almost drowning has nothing to do w/ her shoulder. Yes, I guess this is the twist from the manga because in the manga, Rui saves Makino.

"Dull" is not the best translation. A more accurate translation is "numb" or possibly "stunned." Although you didn't address me, I'll try to explain on their behalf based on my earlier post. "I've always thought JH was not really JD's first love (he was merely a crush) and she really experienced the meaning of being in love through JP. The way she sounded so bittersweet while describing her first love solidified for me that even JD finally realized that JP was indeed her first love."

MANY THANKS to chiara for posting those pictures for the upcoming scene! :D Also many THANKS to blue_angel_1004 for explaining that it was indeed Jandi in those pictures with JunPyo and that it was he (and not JiHoo) that saves Jandi. :D:):lol: You have absolutely NO IDEA how happy and satisfy I am after seeing these pictures and the explanations for them. I mean I can actually sleep in peace for the next couple of days as oppose to wait anxiously and contemplate when on earth will our couple get back together. Seeing this definitely puts my heart at ease that it will only be a matter of time before PD will give us some lovely JunPyo & Jandi moments again. :blush:

Guest betchay

I think the reason why JP asked JD why she didn't go swimming

was because...maybe he went first in the swimming pool area to look for her.

He just casually asked it to have a reason to talk to her but still didn't realized yet what

YJ said to him in Macau.

Why is it so ridiculous and unbelievable about her wanting to become a doctor?

Think about this: Barack Obama. Came from a poor to middle class family with no father. Got a scholarship to go to an exclusive high school in Hawaii. Sounded like he was an average student there. Went to Occidental then Columbia and then Harvard Law School -- became more serious and studied and work hard. Now, President of the United States of America.

How is it then that its impossible for JD to become a doctor? I laid out several pages ago about how it is believable for her to do this. In the last few episode, she has talked about studying and about her future. Now that she can't achieve her dream of being an Olympic swimmer, she has channeled all her energy of becoming a doctor. She bought books to help her accomplish her goal. Instead of working another PT job, she volunteers at the clinic. She has one of the best mentors who can give the highest of recommendation for college and medical school --- JH's Grandfather, former President of Korea.

Its on my to read list but Outliers by Malcom Gladwell writes about spending 10000 hours at your skill to become great at it. And along the way, meeting the right people who can mentor you and guide you at different points in life to help you succeed.

For me, this is what's happening to JD and that is why I can believe that she can become a doctor.

* i apologize in advance to everyone with this ginormous essay.... -_-

okay. I never stated in my previous post that it was ridiculous and unbelievable about her wanting to be a doctor. I stated that people wouldn't laugh at her as much. Sure she's getting experience by volunteering at the clinic and maybe she does have a good person to get a recommendation from...but that doesn't mean that she can become a doctor (also doesnt totally mean she can't...and I never said she couldn't. I'm skeptical about it, but I never said in my post that she couldn't)

but i think comparing BARACK OBAMA WITH JANDI IS RIDICULOUS AND UNBELIEVABLE.

Since you started it, I'll continue it.

You're right.

Barack Obama did start out in a poor fatherless family and Jandi's family is poor as well, but the difference is that Obama EARNED a scholarship into the exclusive high school. and im gonna guess that it was an academic scholarship since the high school is known to be a prestigious college prep school.

Jandi on the other hand, did not.

You yourself said that Jandi was given the "scholarship" as a PR solution by Madame President. So basically Jandi was given a "scholarship" to shush the media...nothing to do with her studies or athleticism.

I don't know your definition of an average high school student, but Obama went through his share of drug, alcohol uses. He also attended college parties/events and mingled with students who discussed political issues of the time. By having himself exposed to these kinds of mature discussions at an early age, he was already preparing himself for what was to come to him.

And yeah, he got into columbia, harvard -> ivy leagues, meaning he was smart enough to get in.

Maybe it was easier for him to get accepted into these colleges in the 1980's, but they were still prestigious at the time, which means he still put in the time and effort into studying, and since i've already acknowledged that he was given an academic scholarship to his high school, he wasn't a brainless idiot. We can see from his speeches and actions that he is a brilliant and intelligent man, one that can't be taken as a fool.

Jandi on the other hand...

Her mom is always telling her that she should pretty herself because she's not smart.

We've seen in the entire series that she's not entirely smart through her actions.

Also, the fact that she's never shown studying (sleeping in class, looking at books but not shown buying them, saying she's studying in the clinic but shown helping out patients and cleaning) only allows me to assume that she doesn't study.

And if you want to take this realistically as you have included Obama into this, seniors in high school in Korea are bound to studying.

My cousin was a senior last year, and when i visited her for the summer, i saw her about 3-4 times during the whole break because she was cooped up in the library or a learning institution studying her butt off to take the korean SATs, which determines whether she'll get into college or not.

Jandi wants to go to med school to become a doctor (if im correct, in Korea, there's no pre-med track in undergrad. you either directly get into med school or not). While it's somewhat excusable as she only had this goal recently, it still doesn't explain the reason why she doesn't study when she's a senior in high school. The other students in Shinhwa high don't study because they can at least pay their way into college. Jandi cannot.

Maybe her lack of studying can be explained because she's so busy all the time going to all her part-time jobs to support her family...but if this is the case, how does she have the time to go to F4 parties, to Macau, or to spy on Gaeul?

Also, to be a doctor, you at least need some kind of common sense to determine how badly the patient is hurt and whatnot. Jandi has proved in this series that she lacks in that area.

When a beaten up student is standing at the ledge of the school roof, it's common sense to realize that this student will probably commit suicide.

When you're in a room with two pervy-looking men taking pictures of you and handing you skimpy outfits in a room with a bed full of stuffed animals that are blindfolded and handcuffed along with other sex toys, it's common sense to realize that you're probably not in the best of places at the moment.

Jandi herself said that people are going to laugh at her and call her crazy because she knows she lacks in many areas, but Jihoo told her to ignore all that and just do what she wanted to do as an encouragement.

I'm not disagreeing with you when you say that you need the will to do something before you can do it. (there's a Korean proverb that I love, saying, "Starting something is already the half of it")

But you also need some kind of evidence to show that you're on the right track. It's like me saying I have the strong will to lose weight! But if I don't go to the gym and eat healthily, losing weight is just not going to happen.

Likewise, you cannot get into a college with just a GREAT recommendation and some experience/internships. There's a reason why colleges ask for your high school transcripts, to see how well you performed in your classes. (I don't even know if recommendations from teachers or HS transcripts for college entry exist in Korea but that's not important)

And with the way the production team has organized it, it's totally unconvincing when jandi says she wants to be a doctor especially because she only says it with words, and not with actions, which is why there are so many people in disbelief of Jandi's claim to become a doctor.

And especially because this is a FICTIONAL story, it's just really hard to see what's to happen in the "future" (besides her becoming Mrs. Goo.) We can only speculate as everyone has done here. I just took it in a realistic term because you brought up Barack Obama.

Sorry I ended up writing too much, but I think I've made my point on the matter.

You can continue believing that Jandi has potential to become a doctor, but for the people who can't believe it, I think they have a pretty good reason why they think she can't, since it's all evident in what has been shown in the drama.

I'm done with this subject and won't bring it up anymore. I'm going to take a chill pill and pass out.

Guest shamien7

MANY THANKS to chiara for posting those pictures for the upcoming scene! :D Also many THANKS to blue_angel_1004 for explaining that it was indeed Jandi in those pictures with JunPyo and that it was he (and not JiHoo) that saves Jandi. :D:):lol: You have absolutely NO IDEA how happy and satisfy I am after seeing these pictures and the explanations for them. I mean I can actually sleep in peace for the next couple of days as oppose to wait anxiously and contemplate when on earth will our couple get back together. Seeing this definitely puts my heart at ease that it will only be a matter of time before PD will give us some lovely JunPyo & Jandi moments again. :blush:

LOL thats make two of us! huhu... :lol:

Now I can finally waking up smiling again after 2 weeks of glooming over JP/JD painful separation :lol:

p/s: my 2 cent about JD being med stud...yea...if shes really not that smart...she really needs to start studying seriously...huhu...so JP, stop toying with her feeling and let her study ok? -_-

Guest ginny_potter

i read somewhere that ji yung's brother will be his rival to Ga eul's love :rolleyes:ga eul will enroll to a pottery class and ji yung's brother is teaching the class and some sparks will fly......maybe this tym ji yung will finally realiz ga eul's importance to him :tongue2:

Ahhhmmm, last I heard Yijung's brother actually works as a barista and is not involved in pottery. It is Eunchae whom Gaeul would meet while taking up pottery and thereby stirring up memories again of Yijung's history with her. So NO, I don't think there will be a triangle between the two brothers and Gaeul.

Fans saw BOF crew and cast filming at a library. Maybe BOF will finally show JD seriously studying to prepare for med school? Also, someone supposedly overheard the crew talk about filming at Jeju island next week... maybe we should expect to see the deserted island scene soon?

Ohhhh... now that Jeju island has been mentioned, wasn't it stated in Episode 1 that half of it is rumored to be owned by Woobin's family? :) It'll be fun if they'll point that out in an episode and have all the F4 members go on vacation there (not just the love square).

You are right. It is really an essay. LOL.

But i dont see any ridicullous or funny about Jandi's dream

We will never know if she can do that or not? As you stated above, we are not sure. In fact, she will become JP's wife - the chairwoman of Shinwa instead of being the doctor. LOL.

I think the important here is ..she found the way of her life. The purpose, new aim, new dreams. I think it's precious for her in that difficult time when she has nothing in her hand. May be when she is trying to become a doctor, she will realize that it is too much to reach and change to another job. I think policeman will be suit to her. She loves justice and good at fighting. LOL

Let's dream as much as you can, try as hard as you have. The goal is not what you get finally but the feeling when you are trying to get it.

becoming a doctor is not that hard u know, i'll be one soon, i'm in my senior year of the medical school!

i don't why there is so much talk about it!

besides what we wish to be has nothing to do with what we will be in the future that we ignore!

please let the story goes on!

Jihoo?? :blush: haha j/k

maybe there's a swimmers insurance.. :rolleyes:

hahahahaha......

u guys are sooo funny.....

l cant think of a better idea......

obviously....its JiHooooo

how i wish she had called Jihooo to help her spying her friend instead......