fr: fanmir

6d306757.gif:(:tears:

d83aee2a.jpg

Thanks Middy!!! :w00t::w00t::w00t:

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please dont flame me, but i found it pretty boring(through i did finish it).

Hi duckweed,

I didn't like the story line and was trying to avoid watching this. If it wasn't for KRW I would have given up after the first two episodes, but I got to enjoy it so much and was glad I finished it. It was a very emotional experience for me but somehow I ended up loving the dialogue. It was like listening to slow classical music... eventually at the end I was overwhelmed by the emotions it evoked. The theme of the story is so simple and beautiful....quoting from the ending~ "The one you love is the one next to you."(If I remember the words right.)

Hey ~ ling ~ Felicia, kim ~ & all ~~ :D

MV links to Episode 4, 5, 6, 8 ~~ ^__^ :w00t:

mms://mi9303.cafe24.com/mi9303/raewon/saylove_4.wmv

mms://mi9303.cafe24.com/mi9303/raewon/saylove_5.wmv

mms://mi9303.cafe24.com/mi9303/raewon/saylove_6.wmv

mms://mi9303.cafe24.com/mi9303/raewon/saylove_8.wmv

------------------

d83aee2a.jpg

Thanks middy.... love those pics too..

Just found out from RW family that there're 4 more MV links to Episode 1, 2, 3 & 4. Have these been posted??

The episode 1 MV song, I'll be there.. a lively song.

mms://mi9303.cafe24.com/mi9303/raewon/saylove_1.wmv

mms://mi9303.cafe24.com/mi9303/raewon/saylove_2.wmv

mms://mi9303.cafe24.com/mi9303/raewon/saylove_3.wmv

mms://mi9303.cafe24.com/mi9303/raewon/saylove_4.wmv

credit to shirley (indigo) from RW family

haha... :D:lol: I just do a guessing and testing... seem like the MVs title last number is the episode number... so I change the number and the link work for me...

Here are the links for other "Say U Love Me" MVs - Should be Episode 10, 11, & 12..

so now we have the MVs from 1 to 15.

mms://mi9303.cafe24.com/mi9303/raewon/saylove_10.wmv

mms://mi9303.cafe24.com/mi9303/raewon/saylove_11.wmv

mms://mi9303.cafe24.com/mi9303/raewon/saylove_12.wmv

Guest Middy

so.. YAYAY~~ we've got all the MV links .....

Thkss ~ ling ^^ :lol:

:DShare an interesting pic of Rae Won having collaborated w/ all the 3 casts of movie "A Tale of Two Sisters" ... within a year .... ;):w00t:

Im Soo Jung ---- 2003 movie "...ing"

Moon Geun Young ---- 2004 movie "My Little Bride"

Yeom Jung Ah ---- 2004 drama "Say U Love Me"

29a5c6e6.jpg

^ :w00t: WOW!!!...That's so weird...I didn't even notice that...It's cool how you realized that. Thanks for the picture as well....But yeah, about this drama itself...I didn't like it at all....The storyline itself killed it for me...I only watched it because of Kim Sung Soo and Kim Rae Won....

Thanks Ling and Middy for the goodies! :w00t::w00t:

^ :w00t: WOW!!!...That's so weird...I didn't even notice that...It's cool how you realized that. Thanks for the picture as well....But yeah, about this drama itself...I didn't like it at all....The storyline itself killed it for me...I only watched it because of Kim Sung Soo and Kim Rae Won....

Hi ihlubwonbin,

IMHO, the story is more meaningful for those who have been in a long relationship.

There were so many nice analogies mentioned in the story:

One was told by Young Chae's father about how we live our lives....every action we take is like a paint stroke....every stroke affects the entire picture....the picture consists of our family, friends and all who are close to us. We cannot just erase the entire picture when we make a mistake.

I liked the emphasis on the moral themes as well.......the emphasis on the 20 year relationship between Byung Soo and Young Chae. ...The title itself, Say You Love Me....too often couples forget to say that over time or they never say it at all. :o In current times, many couples forget about the one next to them and think the grass is greener somewhere else as was the case of Lina.

Finally, it was a beautiful love story between Byung Soo and Young Chae...their love was strong enough to withstand the treachery, the hurt and the mistakes.

Hi all, I just started watching this series with friends from

http://jisubaddicts.com/forum/

The discussion is taken place at the thread of “Kim Rae Won, Interpreted” under the general discussion section

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5880&st=140

Felicia, is the old pal who has made this watch possible for me and I already PM her for joining the discussion.

And I would like to invite all the SYLM lovers, especially Choi Ji Woo and Kim to stop by and to have us enlighten with your unique and great insights.

I will repost some extract of my thoughts from JSA to shows how much I fall for this drama and hope our further SYLM experience can be further completed by your companion.

Jazz, Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:45 pm

Jo Yi Na, a tough modern survival and yet the another modern lost soul who has been breathing with layers of human psychological pollutions, finally got the taste of fresh air – Kim Byung Soo’s sincere and pure smile and his down-to-earth kind of loving for Suh Young Chae.

Naturally or somewhat survival instinct, she is drawn to Kim Byung Soo – and I guess most of modern lost soul would find them breathing again through that simples, pure and warm smile with helping intellect. I am not sure how crazy Jo Yi Na would be as the story developed. But up to this point, she is not being irrational, on contrary, I think she is very aware of her own existing and she seems wanting to hold on something sunny and bright before getting drowning or freezing herself to a soulless human shell.

My great respect and gratitude to Actress Yeom Jung. Frankly speaking, among the 4 main characters, she is the one who can reserve and release the expression so effectively that she does add a great depth to the overall performance of team.

It is certainly a treat to see KRW plays a role that is not as outward or as assertive, or with his typical couldn’t-care-less smile. This time he plays a pure mind with a smile that is coming directly from the heart, modest and honest. For the first two episodes, KRW has delivered the essence of Kim Byung Soo.

This is the drama with a lost of contracts and metaphors – the countryside and city, the temple and the entertainment industry, the innocent and sophistication, the love and sex, and so on.

And I have good feeling about it – I believe no matter how dark the story will adventure, there will be light in the end.

Jazz, Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:04 pm

Being a kid coming from a breakdown marriage, Jo Yi-Na learns to be tough and gives herself no break in terms of emotional release. So when she saw Kim Byung Soo’s sincere nature, all the barrier she sets up to protect herself from be hurt for love, get corrupted.

And now she desperately wants him. So desperate that she turns evil.

She decides the quickest way to capture Kim Byung Soo is through sex.

And the result of her first attempt is the serial of philosophical questions.

Love, sex, youth, desire, marriage and time can be many different combinations.

And “Say You Love Me”, a commercial TV, takes this love and sex matrix up to the philosophical level.

I really wonder how the general audience will perceive this type of content in depth.

A drama with such heavy weight can be something so unpleasant and unappealing.

But it does gain my heart and respect.

Especially when Byung Soo ran back and confess everything to Young Chae’s Dad, there is such sadness about the lost of innocence. And I admire the statements from Young Chae’s Dad, regarding the difference between "having sex without love" and "having sex with true passion."

MBC a daring, social-conscious and social-responsible film making company.

Jazz, Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:31 pm

Within 4 episodes, I am not expected to fall this deep, but I can’t help it.

Each episode, there seems so many things to say about it, but again I need some time…

Tonight, what touched me most is Yeom Jung Ah – yes, 4 straight strikes, she is good.

I agree JYN is cruel but Yeom Jung Ah makes me to pity her despite what JYN did.

My eye is teary during JYN and KBS nightly conversation by the fire on the island, not particularly for the plot itself, but more for the combination of scripting and acting.

It is that scene that made me realized the writer’s carefulness in making character of JYN and how the Actress Yeom Jung Ah takes this carefulness and interprets the content of JYN as a person in all colors. For that, I cry. I don’t think I can put a word to describe how move I am when seeing a drama villain with multiple human dimensions and further colored by super acting skills. The treasures of my K-drama experience…

Jazz, Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:29 pm

Started the episode 6 (out of 20 segments) and wasn’t able to stop by at the end of episodes 8 (equivalent to episode 6 of yours.)

To sum up in one sentence – “tears non-stop streaming down.”

When YC told HS that BS must be in painful state –my MISA tears capacitates seems to be revealed again.

And when YC’s Dad returned to BS and applied medication on him after the beating, there goes my MISA crying power……..

How beautiful and touching when core of the love and family is being presented consistently at different difficult situations.

I LOVE this drama…love the script…love the graceful and powerful rhythm of it…love the filming…love the music….love the editing…and of course love the acting….

I thought I would dislike JYN after her cheap pregnancy lie.

But again I drop my tear for her when she stopped her car in the middle of street to categorize and wipe her tears…Yeom Jung Ah stunned me again.

The role of YC is getting more complicated. For the first timer, Yoon So Yi is very convincing.

HS is another interesting character – a womanizer but deep down he cares for JYN.

Another puzzle of love and sex. He plays around and yet he does love.

Jazz, Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:33 pm

I have been told that the first few episodes are slow…

Ironically, I felt the first 6th episodes are the few most beautiful made K-drama episodes among my K-drama experience…

Tonight, I started episode 7 and stopped at half of 8th .

Honestly, unlike previous 6 episodes, the episode 7th probably is not my preferred episode.

For one, the character of JYN is becoming somewhat “stereotype.” – and that disappoints me in great deal.

My sympathy for her ends at this episode and I am not sure if I like this new development.

I always see JYN as an interesting book, a villain with human side, and now she becomes a fixed image and I am not ready for that.

I am afraid to proceed with next episode since I worry they will appear to be something “typical”, “predictable” or “stereotype.”

Peggy, enlighten me if you will.

One positive thing out of this episode is that the character of HS is getting more polished.

I might need to take a break to adjust the expectation a little bit…

Jazz, Fri Jun 16, 2006 4:07 pm

As friends are wondering my sympathy for JYN, here is the length reponse…

As my sympathy toward JYN is really coming from the “process” of the JYN character.

The presentation of JYN started with her acts to defend her business ALONE and she was actually scare and shriving inside.

There are times JYN lies without blinking of eyes. But there are times she is actually trying to push her survival capacities when dealing the situations – such as threatening the business partner or making up the pregnancy lies – each time, she shivers and shaking…

These processes including her trying to calm down in the car after the winning of the war shows that she is merely just another mortal being who achieved her objectives by pushing herself into a harden state of mind – in that sense, JYN is neither evil nor saint but simply a lost modern soul.

How does she grow up – if we look at the ways she bangs her wounded hand on her leg on the way back to office – that process tells me she has been through intense painful struggles and what she is able to come out from all these growing pains is to become tough. She probably doesn’t allow time for herself to be self-pity, not to mention the physical wound. Thus, she has my respect in terms of her determinations and self-dependency but at the same time it is a pity to sense the fact that she has already sold her soul at some point along this process.

Has she been cruel to HS? Maybe -- but the story skips the first part of orientation regarding the relationship between YN and HS.

Remember YN’s attitude regarding HS playing around with young girls when she picked him up at airport. Both YN and HS have this easiness and shameless response to the girl that make me sympathizes with YN further for she feels no love of herself or from her boyfriend. Up to this point, she seems already accepts and plays the rules that HS sets out between them long time ago -- any thinking of commitments or possessions will be the end of their relationship. For what follows, I simply can’t solely blame on YN. After all, the rules and hurt may start long time ago, what is different is the change of positioning and timing.

Given that reading, it is quite logical for me to comprehend the significance of BS smile in the evaluator. She has been struggling and fighting alone with all the ugly realities that a society can possible thrown upon her. She is a lonely and tiring soul and the presence of BS just makes part of herself awaken – something that make her feeling warm out of her virtual cold cold soul.

But what has been so wrong with her is the idea of love – she has been in the position of thinking the meaning of success is to possess by any means, and she tragically mess up that concept with love. And her disability of understanding love led her to a dark hole that she traps herself and all the victims in the perpetual suffering.

My anguish toward JYN reached its first climax when BS wondering at the top of office building and it seems that he was planning to jump off. There is second there I feel it is not easy to be an audience, to witness the torturing and killing on the innocence at this cruelty level. However, YN’s reaction to BS’s state is NOT LESS painful and at that moment she was willing to let him goes so she told him the most of the facts are merely the lies. Unfortunately, BS didn’t get it and feeling somewhat responsible to her so he tried to comfort her in return.

My unpleasant feeling toward “the development of YN” (somewhat disappoint in the writer) is when she comes up another losing baby cheap lie in the attempt to stop BS rushing back to YC. I was actually thinking the scriptwriter could do much better than this. This type of same old repeating drama elements sometimes is simply too much and discounts the scripting artistry. Anyway, after that, YN indirectly told BS to leave (if that it is what he wants.) The naïve BS doesn’t think there is point of return…

Having said that, I hope I had explained myself properly in terms of understanding JYN as a character with virtuous literary elements but it seems going downhill from this point.

Anyway, this particular reading of JYN are truly inspired by Yeom Jung Ah ‘s acting…

As I said there are layers of emotions effectively reserved and released from her facial muscle, eye expression as well as the body language that captures my attention more than other main characters at the early part of story.

Guest t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

My friend lend this drama DVD 2 me but I haven't got any chance 2 watch it coz I still watch other korean drama :sweatingbullets: Too many korean drama & movies 2 catch up.... :tears: I wish I have so many time 2 watch korean drama the whole week or a month :( Oh well, I will watch this drama sooner or later :P

tomoniichan.jpg

Guest Choi Ji Woo

Just wanna say hello to all Say That You Love Me fans in this thread, especially to Felicia Soh, Middy & Jaz!!!!!

Guest Middy

HI HI ~~ Choi Ji Woo ~ ^___^ *waves ~

soo nice to see you again ~~~ :w00t: hee... as the starter of the thread, arent you glad that more people get to appreciate & love this unique drama ...? :D

here a newly-made MV, hope you like it as I do.... :P

------------------

NEw, touching MV -- "tears" ... :tears:

M to M b/g song

http://www.uboard.co.kr/play1.asp?PB41853.asx

6d306757.gif:tears:

097abef6.jpg

----------------------

Thanks Middy for constantly showering us with lots of Say U Love Me goodies for all to enjoy. Big hello to Choi Ji Woo chingu. Jazz my dear, enjoyed reading your commentaries and you are stirring me to re-watch again. Had always enjoyed this drama despite many who felt otherwise….would definitely love to participate in the discussion of this drama….. To Kim, I am sorry for abruptly leaving this thread as I was in Japan recently and the demise of my father that I had not been active in Soompi. Miannanda…..

Glad to see some new followers in this thread....welcome! :)

I am sorry for abruptly leaving this thread as I was in Japan recently and the demise of my father that I had not been active in Soompi. Miannanda…..

Glad to see some new followers in this thread....welcome! :)

Felicia Soh,

No apologies necessary. :o

Hi Jazz,

I really enjoyed reading your posts. WOW! You really analysed every aspect! The first time I watched this, I was drowning in tears, my brain could not analyse anything. :tears:

Jazz, Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:45 pm

This is the drama with a lost of contracts and metaphors – the countryside and city, the temple and the entertainment industry, the innocent and sophistication, the love and sex, and so on.

And I have good feeling about it – I believe no matter how dark the story will adventure, there will be light in the end.

You are very right! Lots of contrast drawn in the drama. I see you have not finished the drama so I shall not comment till you do. Or else I will be dropping too many spoilers.

ALERT: MAJOR MAJOR SPOILERS

06/22/2006 morning,

Very often when finishing a good drama, I wasn’t able to sleep well that night for the touching part of the story…

Last night, the image of Park Hee-soo kept popping up…from the early eposides to the very end.

Even though,toward the later episodes, I am getting more clues about the point that scriptwriter try to make.

It is not until the very last episode when Hee-soo said those line to YN as this drama titled “Say that you love me”, I realized the artistry of scriptwriter.

A rather torturing yet but the most authentic, artistic, beautiful crafted, and realistic love story.

What a lesson to a viewer like me to realize the true masterpiece can really come from a drama script.

It is about the Hee-soo and YN, after all, exactly the way that Il-Mare puts it.

Say You Love Me

*Reviewed by il_mare

In the end I actually felt that the story’s is about Jo Yi-na and Park Hee-soo. This is THEIR story and not about Byung-soo and Young-chae. The angels were brought in to make Yi-na and Hee-soo realize what they felt for each other

Dear Il_Mare,

It is story about Yi-na and Hee-soo, the title said it all.

Kim, I have so much more to say, but later.

Guest Choi Ji Woo

HI HI ~~ Choi Ji Woo ~ ^___^ *waves ~

soo nice to see you again ~~~ :w00t: hee... as the starter of the thread, arent you glad that more people get to appreciate & love this unique drama ...? :D

hi there felicia..of course i'm very glad that many people have replied to this fun thread..take care always!!!!!

Guest ju1ia16

hi...hmm...does anyone know where i can get high quality for the last 2 eps of this drama (ie.ep 14 & 15)...i can't seem to find it anywhere online....thanks for any help that you can give me...(",)

Posted below is part of message to a dearest friend for asking her to watch this drama and it partially states my thoughts on the scriptwriting.

Yes, now, I would hope you to watch this drama, for craftsmanship of scripting.

This is a script writing with outstanding disciplines and seriously the scriptwriter is very fortunate to be allowed to do so plus having a cast with matching acting capabilities.

Knowing how much you enjoying good writing and scripting, I think the uniqueness of this drama may help adding another dynamic to your already expanding horizon on different scripting styles.

I am not saying you will enjoy this drama but it is good stuff that requires lots of patience and readings.

if you decide to watch it…

SPOILERS BELOW

Pay extra attention on HS if you will, especially at the times when there is tear in his eyes. He is the very first person that commits the love crime among four -- loving a person but doesn’t know how to express it in time. His love for YN is probably not less than MH to EC in MISA but he allows it to develop in its damaging and dark way. Sometimes, you will think both YN and HS are crazy. But what he tries to do is simply to protect that fragile and madwoman he loves. So he lets everybody hurt including himself for the attempt to make sure that woman he loves won’t go mad or die.

Not your typical pretty love story, putting it this way – but it is daring scripting that reflects the love story in its realistic ways. HS’s inability to express love (he teases YN instead of expressing the love in word) is a rather common characteristic in man. You may know a friend who seems alright from the appearance, but is actually smoking pack after pack of cigarettes at the corner when the situation with loved one get intense and he just doesn’t know how to “talk” it over.

And the beauty of this love story is that it shows the saying is not necessarily equal to the loving, and dilemma derives when loving itself sometimes is simply not enough, and when this happens (which is quite often) people are at risk losing the loved one next to you.

It is so unfair for the young couple in this drama to go through all these turmoil – especially YC. But, look at it this way, they are the massagers of love arranged by the scriptwriter to show HS the way to say that he loves her (YN.) Such painful and unnecessary journey for all four but we are not all that efficient in our own way, just like BS told HS it is not right to focus on your own anguish, it is more important to let the other know what you actually feel inside. And don’t we very often make that same mistake?

Let me know if you will give it a try.

Your alternative script companion -- jazz.

Archived