Dir en Grey

Guest boatswain

Guest Pickychu

Iunno, all of their songs have pros and cons. I think right now, they're really just playing around and messing with their style right now. I mean, if you think about it, from Withering to Death to DOZING GREEN, their style has changed quiet a bit. I don't think being Visual Kei has any effect on how good a band sounds. If that was the case, than the majority of the Visual Kei bands out there wouldn't sound like the same repeated sound that's been thrown in a blender.

I did like MARROW OF THE BONE though. It took a two or three listens for it to rub off on me, but it is a pretty great CD.

DOZING GREEN it's kind of like...too many sounds thrown it at once. I mean, they did a great job with the music but it was kind of all over the place, guitar-wise mainly.

I really hated Macabre though. That was a pretty bad CD.

I've never seen his dance at all. I haven't seen them since February ~w~.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Lindoodoo

Hmm~ I meant that during their Visual Kei era, the music they produced had a variety of sounds. They had slow rock, hard rock, and some songs that didn't fit into any music category. I missed that sort of diversity from them. But yeah, I didn't like Marrow of a Bone as much as the other CD's. I could barely tell some of the songs apart.

I sort of liked Macabre. But honestly, I thought that that album was much better than MOAB...

alsfjdss~ YOU SAW THEM? Aiyah, i've never seen them in all 4 years of my Dir en grey loving life. x.x

But are 14 year olds even allowed at concerts? xD

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Admiral

I'm a Diru fan. They are actually me new favorite band, and I've only been introduced to thier music early this year (I found a picture of Toshiya and said "what hotness is this?!" and then found the band on YouTube). Diru fits my tastes because I like both j-rock/visual kei and heavy metal. So no matter which album of theirs I play I'll like it. Dozing Green took a few listens for me to enjoy...hopefully it is a sign of an upcoming album. And hopefully Kyo goes back to singing instead of screaming all the time.

I'm still waiting to see them live. Withering to Death was an awesome album. I'm still mad that I wasn't introduced to them until Marrow of a Bone; I didn't see them play their older stuff live. I agree that Macabre is my least favorite. Not that I hate it...I just like it the least.

Also, I have a pathetic fancrush on Shinya. Like, a really pathetic fancrush. I'm 23.

• 2 months later...
Guest 13Beloved

I was a big fan of them and even went to a concert of Dir en Grey. They are really awesome. I recommend them since they are the best Japanese rockband ever.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest SassyGirl23_35

This thread seems to be lacking in the posts..

So anyways , I was wondering if anyone was going to the seattle dir en grey concert dec. 3rd?

if so- Im going and would love to meet up with my fellow soompiers . I would love a soompi dir en grey concert meet. So anyone going to the seattle concert...lets meet ^^

Heres a list of where their concerts are and when- so y'all will know if there is a concert near you!!

11/5(wed) Ft. Lauderdale, FL / US Revolution

11/7(fri) Orlando, FL / US Firestone

11/8(sat) Atlanta, GA / US Center Stage

11/10(mon) Baltimore, MD / US Rams Head Live

11/11(tue) Philadelphia, PA / US The Theatre of Living Arts

11/12(wed) Boston, MA / US Wilbur Theatre

11/14(fri) New York, NY / US Terminal 5

11/15(sat) Montreal, QU / CANADA Le Medley

11/16(sun) Toronto, ON / CANADA Kool Haus

11/18(tue) Pontiac, MI / US Clutch Cargo

11/19(wed) Chicago, IL / US House of Blues

11/20(thu) Minneapolis, MN /US First Avenue

11/22(sat) Milwaukee, WI / US The Eagles Club

11/23(sun) Sauget, IL / US Pop's

11/25(tue) Houston, TX / US House of Blues

11/26(wed) Dallas, TX / US Palladium Ballroom

11/28(fri) Tempe, AZ / US Marquee Theatre

11/29(sat) Los Angeles, CA / US The Wiltern LG

11/30(sun) San Francisco, CA / US Warfield Theatre

12/2(tue) Portland, OR / US Hawthorne Theatre

12/3(wed) Seattle, WA / US The Showbox

12/5(fri) Englewood, CO / US Gothic Theatre

-EDIT-

Here is a bigger list of concerts they are doing...there are some not listed in my quoted list. There are even some concerts over in canada..so check this list out to :

http://www.bratmarketing.com/degtour/

go to ticketmaster.com or your nearest ticketmaster and see if you can get tickets!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest disfunktional.

This thread seems to be lacking in the posts..

So anyways , I was wondering if anyone was going to the seattle dir en grey concert dec. 3rd?

if so- Im going and would love to meet up with my fellow soompiers . I would love a soompi dir en grey concert meet. So anyone going to the seattle concert...lets meet ^^

Heres a list of where their concerts are and when- so y'all will know if there is a concert near you!!

-EDIT-

Here is a bigger list of concerts they are doing...there are some not listed in my quoted list. There are even some concerts over in canada..so check this list out to :

http://www.bratmarketing.com/degtour/

go to ticketmaster.com or your nearest ticketmaster and see if you can get tickets!!!!!!!!!!!

omgosh, i just found out about this! There's one right in Philadelphia so I'm definitely going!

But anyone know songs they'll most likely perform? ^^

Guest SassyGirl23_35

lol no wonder why I was confused. this was the one I posted in . lmao!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah there is two isnt there? lol

• 1 year later...
Guest XxIllicitxX

So I'm not on these boards often, but... Where's the old Diru thread? The one that was 30+ pages long? The one that used to be all pics.

So I'm not on these boards often, but... Where's the old Diru thread? The one that was 30+ pages long? The one that used to be all pics.

Lol, it's like 500 + pages now! We've grownnnnn.

Here's the LINK.

• 2 months later...
Guest Vulgar_ism

I adore Dir en grey.

I've been listening to them for...*counts* 8-9 Years now?

I enjoy everything they have produced, even the newer songs, (although i do not appreciate the uncontrolled screaming. Kyo has a great singing voice, he should use it more often.)

Maybe I'm sick, but the full[er] PV version of 激しさと、この胸の中で絡み付いた灼熱の闇 was beautifully artistic.

I also like the song very much.

I miss their old style of music more than anything though. I don't think of it as changing, i think of it as growing up. (:

• 9 months later...
Guest Freya69

OMG!! dir en grey is ART!

they are one of the best rock band ever! and their songs are awesome!!

by the way, i don't get it, why does everyone start to dislike dir en grey since vulgar? :(

i think it's just me who thinks that they are better now..

can't wait for their new single LOTUS :D

Archived