Dir en Grey

Guest boatswain

Guest cyberfruit

I was sort of wondering... what kind of person are you?

I'm sort of a Guaze person. I start out my morning in a 'Cage' mood and end it with a 'Hakushi no Sakura'. In the middle I'm in 'Yurimeki' mode.

How 'bout you guys?

I'm a Gauze lover at heart but I'm also a Kisou fan.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Malice_Kaiser

I heard that they've already got tour dates set up and everything, but I haven't heard anything... Anyone know what's going on?

Guest TygrrLilly

eh...

i'm not really into asian rock (or any asian music)...

or any rock bands that formed mid-late 90's

but anyone wanna recommend me what they'd consider to be dir en gray's BEST song?

i'll check it out.

edit: oops, i meant i don't like any rock bands that formed mid-late 90's and onwards.

i lurve classic rock.

I'm one of those older Diru fans so my choices aren't some of the most recent , and they're also softer than a lot of their other ones, but whatever.

Yokan, I'll, Jealous, Cage, Taiyou no Ao, and Umbrella (this one I dunno I just liked it)

Guest paranoidtrash

I love all of their songs. I think depending on what mood you're in, it'd fit. I listen to Gauze and wtd the most right now along with CLEVER SLEAZOID, Child prey, karasu, and MR. NEWSMAN.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest precious4e

Hey all. This is my first time posting in this Diru thread. I usually go to the one in the "other celeb photos" forum. More activity and info in there. But I would say my favorite Diru song is Ain't Afraid to Die lol. I know its one of their slow songs but I just think its so moving. Other songs I like (off the top of my head) are obscure, drain away, [KR] cube, dead tree, and cage.

They're touring with Korn in America this summer and all the dates and venues are posted if anyone didn't know :lol:

And they have a new single coming out in July. I'm so excited!

Guest OBSCURE Sin

I was sort of wondering... what kind of person are you?

I'm sort of a Guaze person. I start out my morning in a 'Cage' mood and end it with a 'Hakushi no Sakura'. In the middle I'm in 'Yurimeki' mode.

How 'bout you guys?

its Yurameki :)

I love all their songs. I'm a very strong fan, but that's kind of obvious by now. I have to admit, I do prefer their stuff before Withering to death. but that doesnt stop me loving the album to - well - death XD

My favourites have to be Mitsu to Tsuba/Tsumi to Batsu, Mazohyst of Decadence, Zakuro, mushi, 24ko cylinders, umbrella, OBSCURE, C and Machiavellism.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest JFaith

Vulgar was the album I fell in love with. XD; I think Obscure's the best, but that's only my opinion.

What first got me into them was their "Ain't Afraid To Die" PV. After that was an mp3 of "Cage" and then there was that PV of "FILTH" and then...

Yeah. @_@ They were my very first JRock band... so I support their work a lot.

Guest bonbons

I <3 diru to deathhh!!!!

i went to their concert in March and omg i'm still thinking of that day! XD

i loved vulgar,but after the concert i started listening to Withering to death more and more. :P

gaah and they all look soooooo HOT in real life ahahaha...*faints*

Guest Olivia*sSlave*

i'm also a vulgar fan

I just love every song

but im totally in love with kasumi

kasumi is like TEH song for me lol

• 2 weeks later...
Guest precious4e

Based on the previews, i'm thinking i'm going to like Ryoujoku no Ame alot.

I really like Kyo's singing voice (over his screaming voice although he screams very well) that's why I like their slower songs. But I do love their "harder" songs too. Mushi recently became one of my favorite Diru songs.

Anyways, can't wait for their new single.

Guest battie

OMG going to see them on august 28th in T.O. !!! <3 <_< And i really don't see why everyone has such hate for korn i think the're awesome!!! lol my opinion... there great. I personally have respect for anyone who can make it in the music industry... they've gotta be fiercely talented.... :mellow:

Guest csnrain

I love dir en grey, although I've only liked them for about two or three years, hehe.

I know alot of people seem to differentiate between their material before and after Vulgar but I pretty much like all their material, spanning from their first to most recent album.

And favorite songs change constantly for me, usually depending on the mood I'm in.

I heard a clip of their new single and I believe I'm going to like it, different from their past few singles.

The only thing that puts a damper on liking them is that I really have no access to their albums. Vulgar was bought by my friend in Korea and I got Withering to Death here when it was released in America...internets always an option but...my parents are reluctant to let me buy any Japanese related material :crazy: actually, reluctant is a bit of an understatement...They have no idea I listen to Japanese music :ph34r: I'm waiting for the day when I can get my own credit card, at which point in time I will probably spend all my money on diru albums, DVD's, photoalbums, etc, hehe.

Guest AnniexMaru

yay!!! im so happy there's a Dir en Grey thread!!!

:w00t::w00t::w00t:

hrmmm anyways yeaaa i love them to death!!!! haha i fell in love with their song obscure and then cage. i love toshiya's bass solo on there so kool. dir en grey has really inspired me ((oh jeeze sounds too corny)) they are the only reason why i took up the guitar although im not very good at it

haha i was just wondering ... who are your peopLe's favorite(s) ...???

i personally love all of them. haha cant really pick one >_< it was too hard

Guest cyberfruit

yay!!! im so happy there's a Dir en Grey thread!!!

:w00t::w00t::w00t:

hrmmm anyways yeaaa i love them to death!!!! haha i fell in love with their song obscure and then cage. i love toshiya's bass solo on there so kool. dir en grey has really inspired me ((oh jeeze sounds too corny)) they are the only reason why i took up the guitar although im not very good at it

haha i was just wondering ... who are your peopLe's favorite(s) ...???

i personally love all of them. haha cant really pick one >_< it was too hard

Favorite songs, band members, or albums?

Song: Aoi Tsuki

Band Member: Don't have one anymore

Album: Kisou or Gauze, can't choose

Guest AnniexMaru

oh haha sorry for the confusion. i meant favorite band member in dir en grey ... hehe sorry again :blush:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest purple turtlE

ee!!!!!!!!! -scream- I LOVE DIRU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! -dies- i never noticed there was ANYTHING diru on soompi until now. :sweatingbullets:

AHH!!!!!!!! i might be a tad obsessed. :w00t:

do you guys know any stores in LA where i can get the REAL Dir En Grey cds? I WANNA GET ALL OF EM!!!! rawr.. for now i only get songs from online. >< i NEED TO KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! where where where. :tears:

Guest precious4e

^ Welcome to the Diru thread hahah. There's another thread here: http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=122

You can get their Withering to Death CD at HotTopic. And I know LA has a Kinokuniya Bookstore in Little Tokyo. They sell Diru CDs in the one in NYC so they should also sell them there (not sure but you should check it out).

My favorite Diru member is.... SHINYA! He's just so adorable and amazing on the drums. I love his dog!

I also like Toshiya and Kyo.

• 1 month later...
Guest Kasumi

wow, I'm kind of surprised that this thread is dead, I remember before soompi had problems everyone would post on this thread like crazy.

Archived