Dir en Grey

Guest boatswain

Guest boatswain

[because I didn't see this posted already] Dir en grey is a popular Japanese rock band formed in 1997. Starting out as a Visual Kei act the group has since experimented with various styles while maintaining the steady lineup of Kyo (京) (vocals), Kaoru (薫) (guitar), Die (guitar), Toshiya (bass) and Shinya (drums). Their current music has become hard to categorize, falling somewhere between Industrial, Gothic rock, and Pop with influences from metal and Shock among others.

[stolen from Wikipedia]

I love Dir en Grey! They are one of my favorite bands, and definitely my favorite j-rock and Visual Kei band. Can't wait till the US release of Withering to Death comes out!

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest cyberfruit

Dir en grey was great until Vulgar. With Vulgar they went straight downhill for me and I won't listen to any from Vulgar, on. I will say that they're an excellent band (they were my first Jrock band, way back when) but, their new musical direction...sucks.

Guest uiyoltan

I used to like them... now they are just freaky.

Oh and by the way...

Does anyone notice similarities between the songs "Bboy 2000" by Crazy Town (feat. KRS One) and "Obscure" by Dir en Grey?

Guest toshiyanemura

I LOVE Dir en Grey. My favorite album was Gauze but Macabre's great too!!! I'm not too thrilled with the screaming but I think the band's just keeps getting better. They've recently had a concert here in LA and it was GREAT! Of course, I wasn't allowed to go, but my friends went and they said it was awsome.

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/feature/art...t_id=1002345276

article about Dir en Grey on Billboard. they might tour with Korn this summer in the U.S. Pretty awesome if they do and they'll probably explode unto the mainstream music scene.

I went to the LA concert a few weeks back not knowing their music and I was blown away.

Guest ima_robot

EKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!! <3 i heart dir en grey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:sweatingbullets: my favorite song is umbrella! my freind gets frreked out by them tho .. =[

Guest tifachan

Hahah. People who aren't used to Diru immediately gets turned off and they're like, "Who? Dir en GAY?" -_-;; What kind of a comeback is that?! Lolsz.

Nevertheless, they're the first JRock band I listened to, and I like both their old and new stuff. Vulgar and Withering to Death for me! ^^;;

Guest Death Note

I really like Dir en grey. They were my first J-rock band. I missed them when they had a concert here though. :(

Guest Olivia*sSlave*

sorri sorri

anyway write emails to Diru and their U.S. label Warcon

Warcon are sorta dumb when it comes to advertising and planning

Guest Paroxysmal

^ Maybe...? Lol.

i am totally in love with dir en grey! wish they'd have a concert in australia. i'd definately go.

^ Yeah, I'd totally go too. Too bad though - but I hope they do plan to have a concert here.

Bleh anyhow, Dir en Grey's great - they're my all time favourite band, though I'm not digging their current style (it's sort of Americanised IMO). I miss their older styles. Oh well. :sweatingbullets:

Guest Fayly

I really lov Diru >o< i doub why they dont come to my contry TToTT they went malaysia and other in southeast asia. really really like shinchan!

Guest PunchNine

I used to really love their music ... and vulgar came out.. and i stopped paying attention to them.

<3toshiya

Guest bizuei

i am totally in love with dir en grey! wish they'd have a concert in australia. i'd definately go.

:lol: no one seems to come to australia though <_< not alot of fans here probably

Guest tasty

eh...

i'm not really into asian rock (or any asian music)...

or any rock bands that formed mid-late 90's

but anyone wanna recommend me what they'd consider to be dir en gray's BEST song?

i'll check it out.

edit: oops, i meant i don't like any rock bands that formed mid-late 90's and onwards.

i lurve classic rock.

Guest Dachink

eh...

i'm not really into asian rock (or any asian music)...

or any rock bands that formed mid-late 90's

but anyone wanna recommend me what they'd consider to be dir en gray's BEST song?

i'll check it out.

Akuro no Oka

followed by Embryo

Archived