Dir en Grey

Guest boatswain

I saw them yesterday at the Fine Line Music Cafe in downtown Minneapolis! God, we waited for an hour and a half in the freezing cold for the concert to start because the first group was stuck in traffic! The feeling in my toes were gone.

They look so much better in real life! Not that they're bad in pictures, but much better in real life than in the pictures! Toshiya and Kaoru are so hot! Too bad I couldn't get a good look at Die. He was on the other side of the stage. Shinya looked so tiny in the enormous drum set. And Kyo... when he came out, I was surprised because he was my height! I assumed he'd be a little taller than me. It was all in good fun.

What I didn't enjoy was the fact that picture taking wasn't allowed. It was a "WTF" thing in my head. I did enjoy touching Toshiya's hand though. :unsure:

hey my friend went there yesturday too~!....he's never heard of dir en grey....but he went with his GF(ithink)....i was so jealous ><....but he said it wasn't all that great, he thought it was a good experiance since he doesn't listen to japanese...but he said something about it was too much for him...and that would be a once in a life time thing for him....i was like eh i still wanna see them ><...but I CAN'T BELIEVE I MISS THE CHANCE~!!!! T.T.....dangit...next time

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest precious4e

Too bad I couldn't get a good look at Die.

Die is pretty hot in real life. He looks really tired though (they all do lol....esp Toshiya haha) But he has a great smile. I acutally liked him more after I saw him live.

I just got their new album Marrow of the Bone , great album , fave song is Ryoujoku no Ame

Yea the album version of Ryoujoku was awesome. The bass line and the drums are amazing.

Though the single version might be a little more...I dunno...intense? Might be due to Kyo's vocals.

My favorite off the album is probably....conceived sorrow. The unplugged version is love.

Guest miranduh

I just got their new album Marrow of the Bone , great album , fave song is Ryoujoku no Ame

how did you get it already? i thought it was only preorder?

or maybe they sold it at the concert? people kept pushing me in line haha xD

i like Rotting Roots from what i sampled.

i know i was so pissed i couldn't take pictures and left the camera in my friend's bag or else i oculd have sneaked a shot >=(!!!

and woah kyo fainted? >__<''

i really want someone to help me buy stuff :mellow:

toshiyaiconoe9.jpg

*drooool*

Guest Tonyc402

how did you get it already? i thought it was only preorder?

or maybe they sold it at the concert? people kept pushing me in line haha xD

i like Rotting Roots from what i sampled.

i know i was so pissed i couldn't take pictures and left the camera in my friend's bag or else i oculd have sneaked a shot >=(!!!

and woah kyo fainted? >__<''

i really want someone to help me buy stuff :mellow:

toshiyaiconoe9.jpg

*drooool*

hahahah ermm.. i have my ways . You can pm me ... XD

Die is pretty hot in real life. He looks really tired though (they all do lol....esp Toshiya haha) But he has a great smile. I acutally liked him more after I saw him live.

Yea the album version of Ryoujoku was awesome. The bass line and the drums are amazing.

Though the single version might be a little more...I dunno...intense? Might be due to Kyo's vocals.

My favorite off the album is probably....conceived sorrow. The unplugged version is love.

Yeah , conceived sorrow is great as well. This album is quite intense overall hahahhah

Guest precious4e

^ Yea the hardest they've put out.

But i'm glad they had some more slowish songs like Conceived Sorrow and Namamekashiki Ansoku, Tomadoi ni Hohoemi. I think their slower songs are even more intense than their hard headbanging ones.

Guest Malice_Kaiser

I agree, heh heh. I was like right in front of him at the Chicago show. He looked great!

I must say, I think Kyo looks better in person too...

Guest Strawberry Boba Tea

I think they all look so much hotter in real life. I kept staring at Kaoru most of the time because he was like... four feet from where I stood. I barely saw Die because he was all by himself on the right side of the stage and turned at a 3/4th angle away from me. Shinya's just a busy-body banging on the drums like the boss he is.

They did look very tired but if you think about it, they pretty much perform back-to-back so it'd be no surprise for them to look so worn out. Man, I love it when Kaoru and Toshiya headbang cuz the whole crowd is in sync with them. <3 Diru.

Guest precious4e

^ Hahaha I like Kaoru's headbanging stance and how his hair flips really nicely lol.

But my favorite part was when Kyo got the whole crowd to clap along with him.....I forgot during which song though :unsure:

But it was fun cuz there was a lot of interaction. You could feel the love lol.

Guest kadajlover

i went to Diru's show on Feb 14 in minneapolis. MY DREAM COME TRUE, SERIOUSLY! kyo looked so SEXY. my sister and i were standing near the wall on Die's side, and i guess you could say we were pretty close to him; there was only 4 people standing ahead of us. everybody looked really hot w/o the makeup, and yes, their hair is as silky as it looks in the pictures :) shinya looked so FRESH. i could die happy after seeing this concert, no lie.

MOAB is flippin' intense! it's totally a headbanger's heaven (though i prefer the softer songs). i am hooked on Conceived Sorrow, The Pledge and this version of Ryoujoku no Ame. AWESOME album, GREAT GREAT GREAT band!!

Guest miranduh

where did he even take the razor out? lol i blinked and there he was cutting himself O_O it's amazing O_O;;

i started watching them on youtube again i wonder where all those poeple get their clips T__T''

Guest D_Hime

it wasn't a razor, it was a safety pin. lol well to kyo it was just a pin because he used it for something other than safety lol. a lot of people snuck cameras or used they're neffy cellphones during the concert to capture concert clips. i watched the security in front of me take 5 cameras and cellphones away. some people are soo soomth when it comes to it >_< i remember during the San Fran concert, someone took a snapshot of Dai when Kyo was doing his solo (all the lights were off and a whole flash went off indicating someone had a camera lol) nora the translator/ roadie went crazy and started to look for that person lol.

• 1 month later...
Guest ~Shelly~

Whoo! I LOVE Dir En Grey, Their song Mushi makes me cry. It's so beautiful. I'm going to their London concert on August 2nd! Yay I can't wait! =^-^=

• 3 months later...
Guest picNICK

Dir En Grey *q* I bet I shouldn't have even heard of that band at my age, much less like it, but yeah.

They're so awesome XD The only CD I have for real is Withering to Death, but I listen to everything else off of YouTube... I really want their new album, but... but... it cost $46. =w='' That sucks. In Korea it would only be like... $16 at the shop I go to.

Anyhoo... I love their songs (all of them) but their music videos scare the hell out of me! O_O;; I mean, some are okay, but those really graphic ones are just... so... so... *shudders*

Aum, so I guess it really is true about the self mutilation during concerts? I get so worried DX Does Diru have a doctor or something travel around with them? Because Kyo does a lot of things that look awfully painful and dangerous. >>;;

BTW is there an age requirement for their concerts, like 18 and up?

Guest -56-TJ

Could anyone give me the link that i can download music and video clip of Jrock and VK bands for free in English? +_+!

I find lots of link but itz write in japanese...hix....... >.<!!!

• 3 months later...
Guest _rabuDUMPliNG

Yes~ I absolutely love Diru. They are the sole reason I've become who I am. <3

Their new single, "DOZING GREEN", is really quite amazing though The Marrow of a Bone disappointed me greatly. They really seem to be returning to their roots and showcasing their abilites now~

And Kaoru... <3

Guest MiSsNaNa

is it just me or has dir en grey music been really going down hill, after they stopped VK.. i can't even get through listening to any of their later songs .. i haven't heard any songs from Marrow of the Bone yet so i dunno about that ..

i like diru and everything but to me their prime was back in the days o_O

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Lindoodoo

^ YES! Omg i agree with you 100%.

In the latest album, Marrow of a Bone, most of his songs are mainly screaming. MOST. Not all. (The songs Conceived Sorrow and The Pledge are great.) But in their earlier albums, Kyo was able to transfer his emotions into music beautifully in a variety of ways. And NO song in MOAB could compare to songs like Embryo or Undecided. Kyo expresses his anger now in a more... should I say... cacophonous way? (X.X) But I guess that their Visual Kei years were their golden years for me...

BUT ANYWAYS...~

Does anyone else besides me love it when Kyo dances to Disabled Complexes? XDD

Archived