• 2 months later...
  • Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest OreoVampire

Wow, Gummy her thread on Soompi,
Hello to all, this is my first time here ... I don't have much time before to remember all korean singers' name, and because of that I just knew Gummy from That Winter The Wind Blows Original Soundtrack, She Sings Snow Flower. Her voice is different from other Korean Singer. I think she has her own signature voice. She can sings live very well too, awesome. She is now one of my favorite Korean Singer.

• 2 months later...

She is really awesome, I´m fall in love for her voice! She is one of the best korean singers but is sad that YG don´t promote her properly.She deserves much more.Did you hear about the end of her contract with YG Entertainment? With YG or without YG, I hope she get more attention.

• 9 months later...
Guest adikkeluangman

Orange Caramel, Wheesung, & Gummy to film the next 'Immortal Song 2' 
Orange-Caramel-wheesung-gummy_1399160490

KBS' 'Immortal Song 2' will finally start to re-air. The show begin filming on the 5th! 
The show had been off air for 3 weeks. Orange Caramel, Wheesung, Gummy, Kim Jin Ho, and Seo Young Eun will be on the return episode that will be airing on the 10th. The groups will be choosing family-related song for the month of May (called the Families Month in Korea). 
Since the show is returning from a hiatus, the staff is currently conferring about whether to invite audience members to watch the performances or not. Currently, the staff has decided to proceed on as normal and invite audience members.
http://www.allkpop.com/article/2014/05/orange-caramel-wheesung-gummy-to-film-the-next-immortal-song-2-

• 2 weeks later...
Guest adikkeluangman

Wheesung and Hwayobi revealed to have written songs for Gummy's upcoming mini-albumHwayobi-wheesung-gummy_1400127600_af_org
Wheesung and Hwayobi gifted Gummy with songs for her upcoming mini-album.
C-JeS Entertainment stated on May 15, "Gummy's close friends Wheesung and Hwayobi pitched in for her new mini-album, which is her first in four years." According to the agency, Wheesung's self-composed song for Gummy is a neo-soul track, while Hwayobi's song is of the R&B genre.
Gummy will also hold her concert 'Fall In Acoustic' at COEX Auditorium on July 19 at 6 PM KST. Stay tuned for her upcoming album, which is set for release during the second week of June!
http://www.allkpop.com/article/2014/05/wheesung-and-hwayobi-revealed-to-have-written-songs-for-gummys-upcoming-mini-album

• 5 months later...
Guest adikkeluangman

Gummy to release digital single 'Nowhere to Go' composed by Wheesung
wheesung-gummy_1413588699_af_org.jpg

Gummy has received the helping hand of her close friend Wheesung for her upcoming digital single "Nowhere to Go" set for release on the 20th!
Her agency C-JeS Entertainment announced on the 17th, "Gummy will release her single 'Nowhere To Go' on the 20th. Due to the hot response of the previously unreleased song, which was unveiled during her small-theater concert 'Fall in Fall' on October 10-11, the single will be released."
"Nowhere to Go" is a soul and rock track with a sorrowful yet powerful expression of emotions. The song is composed and written by Wheesung. There will also be 2 versions to appreciate the song in two different ways.
http://www.allkpop.com/article/2014/10/gummy-to-release-digital-single-nowhere-to-go-composed-by-wheesung

Guest adikkeluangman

Wheesung Wrote a Song for Gummy Free of Charge
Gummy boasted about her friendship with Wheesung.
During October 23’s broadcast of MBC FM4U’s Hope Song, Gummy revealed that her new song Nowhere To Go has been written by her close friend, Wheesung.
78954002.jpg

Kim Shin Young asked, “I heard that Wheesung wrote Nowhere To Go. Since you’re close to Wheesung, how do you work out the cost?’ 
Gummy explained, “Wheesung has given me about three songs and last time he didn’t take any money for the song. He said he’ll only take royalties. So it was like a gift from him."
Gummy also said, “I don’t know how things worked this time. Actually, he didn’t write this song for me and thought about other singers when he wrote it. But I liked it after listening to it so he gave it to me.”
Gummy released the single album Nowhere To Go on October 20. Nowhere To Go is a song under soul & rock genre with poetic lyrics harmonizing with Gummy’s sentiments.
http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/78954/wheesung-wrote-a-song-for-gummy-free-of-charge
Here is the song.

• 4 months later...
Guest adikkeluangman

[김준수] 사랑이라는 이유로(With 거미)_MUSICAL DECEMBER 2013 WITH KIMJUNSU:

Gummy and Junsu did a duet on a remake of this song. Nice.

• 9 months later...
Guest adikkeluangman

Hwi Sung talks about his first meeting with Gummy

Hwi Sung talked about his first meeting with Gummy.

On December 12th, Gummy appeared on channel JTBC's 'Hidden Singer Season 4.'

20151213103837_566ccc1d29554_1.jpg

Hwi Sung, who is well known as one of the best friends of Gummy, appeared as one of the panels, and he said, "I met Gummy for the first time when Brown Eyed Soul's Naul introduced her to me."

Hwi Sung continued, "Gummy told me about auditions that she had participated in, and feedbacks that she received from those auditions were totally opposite of what I expected her to get. That's when I thought that I should help her out. I introduced her to YG Entertainment's head producer Yang Hyun Seok afterwards."

Gummy said, "Hwi Sung is the savior of my musical career."

Meanwhile, actress Ahn Moon Sook and Gummy's resemblance became a hot issue on this week's 'Hidden Singer.'

http://starn.hankyung.com/global/en/news/index.html?no=423067

• 1 month later...
Guest adikkeluangman

Kim Tae Woo and Gummy to Hold a Concert in New York

K-pop singer Kim Tae Woo and Gummy will host ‘Kim Tae Woo & Gummy 2016 NEW YEAR CONCERT IN NEW YORK’ on February 6.

Kim and Gummy, both known for their strong voices, will meet their fans overseas through the opportunity. They will sing their hits from their 17-year career and also sing together to create a collaborated stage.

51548316.jpg

He made himself recognized in the United States as a representative K-pop singer from previous visits. In November 2014, Kim Tae Woo successfully finished his concert in New York. He appealed to the local residents by singing in harmony with other musicians of New York. Additionally he took part in god concert in Los Angeles and New Jersey as the lead singer of the group.

In 2015, he released an official album T-ROAD in which he participated for composing and writing. He proved himself as a musician and artist who can create songs, not just sing well. He wrote one of his titles Lonely Funk featuring Jay Park. The song had addictive hooks and exciting and funky rhythm which resembles Uptown Funk by Mark Ronson and Bruno Mars. Another title Resemblance had poetic lyrics and grand music. The two songs demonstrated Kim’s ability to sing different genres and read the trend of music industry.

Gummy held a solo concert in December 2015 and showed off the unique voice with live performances. She genuinely delivered her songs with profound and delicate sensitivities and wowed the audience.

‘Kim Tae Woo & Gummy 2016 NEW YEAR CONCERT IN NEW YORK’ set its date on February 6, the Lunar New Year’s Day, to match its title. It takes place at Colden Auditorium of Kupferberg Center in New York, the United States. Kim and Gummy are making times during their busy schedule to discuss the stage settings and rearrangement of the songs.

Kim said, “It is meaningful because it is my first concert in 2016. I’m preparing for good music for you, so please support me through this.”

Meanwhile, Kim will hold ‘Love Valentine 2016 Concert’ in Osaka, Japan on February 13 after his performance in New York. 

http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/102519/kim-tae-woo-and-gummy-to-hold-a-concert-in-new-york 

-----
Kim Tae Woo & Gummy successfully finish their duet concert in New York

Kim Tae Woo and Gummy successfully finished their duet concert in New York.

On February 6th, Kim Tae Woo and Gummy's duet concert was held at Colden Auditorium at Kupferberg Center under the title of 'Kim Tae Woo & Gummy 2016 NEW YEAR CONCERT IN NEW YORK.'

20160207234044_56b7576cc23b5_1.jpg

Kim Tae Woo deeply impressed all of the audiences with phenomenal vocal performance, and also with his humorous character.

As Kim Tae Woo started singing Billy Joel's 'New York State Of Mind,' all of the audiences made a standing ovation.

Afterwards, Kim Tae Woo performed Mariah Carey and Luther Vandross' 'Endless Love' with Gummy, and the two invited one audience up to the stage to sing a serenade just for the person.

As the audiences chanted for encore, Kim Tae Woo performed god's 'Road,' and also performed god's 'One Candle' with Gummy.

Kim Tae Woo expressed his gratitude for local fans' amazing love and supports, and promised to visit the city again as soon as possible.

Meanwhile, Kim Tae Woo is going to hold a Valentine's Day concert in Osaka on February 13th under the title of 'Kim Tae Woo Love Valentine 2016 Concert.'

http://starn.hankyung.com/global/en/news/index.html?no=433274 

• 3 months later...
Guest adikkeluangman

[Teaser] Gummy(거미) _ You Are My Everything l 태양의 후예 OST Part.4

She sang for this popular drama.

Guest adikkeluangman

[MV] Gummy(거미) _ You Are My Everything l 태양의 후예 OST Part.4

Her voice gave so much feels and the scenes that they used for the MV doesn't even help. The views for this MV, is like WOW.

• 1 month later...
Guest adikkeluangman

VIBE 바이브 - 1년 365일 (Feat.거미) TEASER

Gummy featured in VIBE new song. Her voice also in this video teaser. So good.

Guest adikkeluangman

VIBE 바이브 - 1년 365일 (Feat.거미) M/V

The song is so good. The duet is even better. Hope to see them all performed this

Archived