All About Mineral Makeup

deppstar

F&Q and know hows
Hello!!

I'm pretty new to Mineral Makeup (MMU) and seems like there is a growing interest in them.

Post your favourite brands, colours, applications of MMU here.

for starters, check out this thread: http://www.flowerpod.com.sg/forums/index.php?showtopic=59014

post away! :sweatingbullets:

------------------

my swatches.

Everydaymineral blusher swatches

Please take note I swatched quite alot per colour. and take in consideration that if your face is oily. so matte will turn glowy for some IMO after a while. :)

I made 2 more swatches. I think there were a couple of repeat colours. nick nack and shortcake and email me.

kvayihkyny.jpg

http://static3.filefront.com/images/person.../kvayihkyny.jpg

xwaxkjnkkr.jpg

http://static3.filefront.com/images/person.../xwaxkjnkkr.jpg

Posted these a couple of pages back. added in the colours on the picture for easier keeping :lol:

trmwfnaqmv.jpg

http://static3.filefront.com/images/person.../trmwfnaqmv.jpg

hsupasulzq.jpg

http://static3.filefront.com/images/person.../hsupasulzq.jpg

-------------------------

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tetteke

I was just about to make a thread like this. =]

I'm fairly new to make-up in general and I've only tried the Bare Escentuals foundations. I've stopped usng them though because I think they made me break-out, and it was only until after that I found out that it contains an irritating ingredient -- bismuth something-chloride. sorry, I don't have the name off the top of my head.

Other brands I know are:

- Sheer Cover (my roommate loves this stuff, but I've heard a lot of bad reviews on this actually)

- Bare Escentuals (beware of the irritating ingredient)

- LaurEss (I want to try this one the most, it has high reviews...)

- Meow (I just learned about this one...)

- Everday Minerals (average reviews...)

Are there other brands?

Of the ones above, which gives the most coverage but minimizes breakouts?

I've also heard all mineral make up contains corn starch? Or is this only with Bare Escentuals? It's the corn startch that is irritating, I believe...

Guest smiile

I was just about to make a thread like this. =]

I'm fairly new to make-up in general and I've only tried the Bare Escentuals foundations. I've stopped usng them though because I think they made me break-out, and it was only until after that I found out that it contains an irritating ingredient -- bismuth something-chloride. sorry, I don't have the name off the top of my head.

Other brands I know are:

- Sheer Cover (my roommate loves this stuff, but I've heard a lot of bad reviews on this actually)

- Bare Escentuals (beware of the irritating ingredient)

- LaurEss (I want to try this one the most, it has high reviews...)

- Meow (I just learned about this one...)

- Everday Minerals (average reviews...)

Are there other brands?

Of the ones above, which gives the most coverage but minimizes breakouts?

I've also heard all mineral make up contains corn starch? Or is this only with Bare Escentuals? It's the corn startch that is irritating, I believe...

i think its only in the mineral veil that has starcg\h but that doesn't irritate the skin. i have sensitive skin and i like bare escentuals the best. i tried sheer cover, and everday minerals and ive got to say i prefer bare. its actually the bismuth oxychloride that irritates the skin so if your skin is sensitive to that, i suggest everyday minerals.

Guest Lilaaa

i find that the "wet application" method is best for my skin.

i use the every minerals brand in winged butter and golden medium. first i would pour a little amount in the top, then spirtz some mac fix+ on my buffer brush and just buff in the minerals. its really simple and actually feels refreshing for my skin(:

Guest Lilaaa

are primers and finishing powders really important when using MMU?

to me it is. i always use the smashbox photo light primer & it makes my pore less visible and face just overall smoother prior to application.

Guest grllprops

i think the most popular ones are BE(bare escentuals), and EM(everyday minerals).

em totally rocks my world (:

are primers and finishing powders really important when using MMU?

if you have oily skin then I think primers works better. your makeup stay on longer.

for MMU, primers are usually kaoline (EM start to finish), rice, oat, or silk dust.

^^ hey. I also wanna know about CS Mineral powders! any reviews!?

Guest xsmitten

I've only used EM, and I really like it.

I spray toner on my face after putting on mineral makeup.

IMO, it makes my makeup stay longer and looking fresher.

Guest beana*

i find that the "wet application" method is best for my skin.

i use the every minerals brand in winged butter and golden medium. first i would pour a little amount in the top, then spirtz some mac fix+ on my buffer brush and just buff in the minerals. its really simple and actually feels refreshing for my skin(:

I do the same thing you do but right now i'm using BE

and waiting for EDM samples to come in the mail :]

but yeah my mom and i BOTH notice that if you use the mac fix+

with your makeup it stays on throughout the whole day! especially

now since it's getting hotter it's a great thing to have around :]

sorry i can't give much info but the time i've been using BE

i had no itchy-ness or anything at all but i can't wait to try my EDM :D

Guest nanshi

Hey, the FlowerPod forum said that Everyday Minerals in "Intensive" gives medium-to-full coverage, is that true? I'm looking for a mineral makeup with full coverage, but medium is better than sheer.

I highly recommend Silk Naturals MMU because it really feels like silk and is really nice and you get to mix your own colors, BUT the coverage is just too light for me... MMUs are so trial & error with me.

Hey, the FlowerPod forum said that Everyday Minerals in "Intensive" gives medium-to-full coverage, is that true? I'm looking for a mineral makeup with full coverage, but medium is better than sheer.

I highly recommend Silk Naturals MMU because it really feels like silk and is really nice and you get to mix your own colors, BUT the coverage is just too light for me... MMUs are so trial & error with me.

I find intensive coverage to be very good. except if not buffed properly, my pores tends to be enlarged :wacko:

apparently buffed cosmetics coverage is even heavier than intensive formula from EDM. you might wanna check them out? :sweatingbullets:

Guest BEBixAMY

i use buff'd minerals and sometimes lumiere cosmetics.

Buff'd cosmetics is suppose to be as heavy as Cory Cosmetics.

I love the finish of buff'd minerals.

they come in extremely yellow tones so becareful.

Guest eunbit

how is this an FAQ thread when there are no FAQ's answered?

and this topic has been extensively posted on in the form of bareMinerals thread, etc.

my recommendation: don't use mineral makeup products w/o extensively researching the ingredients. anything containing bismuth oxychloride (like is found in bareMinerals) you put on your precious skin at a great risk.

if you're willing to sacrifice perfectly healthy skin before the age of 20 in order for a easy quick makeup job, get ready for extreme dryness, oiliness, patching and flaking, worsening of existing acne and introduction of cystic acne.

just my two cents.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jaeeeee

i like everyday minerals.

i used sheer cover and BE, but those didn't go good with my skin.

i think it really depends on your skin type and your preferences.

Archived