All About Mineral Makeup

deppstar

Guest d-0ne

what should i do to ensure that my mineral powder doesnt look chalky and too powdery?

exfoliate, tone, moisturize, dont apply too much...is there any other tricks?

make sure you buff really good and spray a few sprits of mac fix + on the brush. :)

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest mineforkeeps.

For EDM, does anyone know what shade if just slightly yellower than Fair Neutral? or what other shade I could mix with Fair Neutral to make it slightly yellower?

Guest husssh

i started off with bareminerals and it made me break out like crazy.

so i switched to bb cream and that made my skin nice and smooth again,

then i decided to give bareminerals another try, and i broke out again.

and to add that their tone isn't really yellow for asian skintone, it's more.. warm tannish.

but ironically, i have to admit, i LOVE their mineral veil.. it's one thing that i can't live w/o now..

then i decided to give everyday minerals a try

and my skin has been getting better.

i like it so much more than bareminerals, i feel like i'm not wearing much.

the color is just a little too light, but tone wise, it matches so well

so i'll def. be ordering from them.. as soon as i find my perfect shade.

i love EM. it's way cheaper and feels better. i tried bare essentuals on at the store and it looked really thick and cakey on my face. EM's powders are really fine and feels very light on my skin. they have different types of powders to accommodate your skin type too. hurray for free samples! :)

Guest `mandee<3;

Currently I use Bare Minerals, and honestly, I think it makes me look orange?? Being an asian that lives in north america, makeup that goes well with yellow skin tones are hard to find.

Recently I've come across a loose powder that is extremely popular in Japan, and Korea too I think? I think it's a Korean brand.

It's called Theatrical Powder from the brand Palgantong.

I haven't tried it, but it's been recommended in my Japanese magazines. I've just ordered it from Sasa.com and it's on its way over to me. <33

Here's the description on the site:

"Theatrical powder from Korea is make up of Ceramin ingredient from UK. The size of particles is just half as the other particles. It reflects more light from your skin to even the tone with natural appearance. Thin and comfortable, brighten your skin just like Movie Star. So, it is also called “Star Powder” in Japan and Korea.

Over these 10 years, this powder is commonly used in Korean Movies, TV programme and drama. Over 5,000,000 powder were sold in Japan, as No.1 loose powder in Japan"

Guest azncrow7

^ I've read about that powder being pink-undertoned and fairly dark. D:

So far, I use EDM Golden Fair Matte. It's not bad, but I think I could use more coverage and a better finish. Can't afford Fix+, so I'll just try it with distilled water and see how that goes. :3

Currently I use Bare Minerals, and honestly, I think it makes me look orange?? Being an asian that lives in north america, makeup that goes well with yellow skin tones are hard to find.

Recently I've come across a loose powder that is extremely popular in Japan, and Korea too I think? I think it's a Korean brand.

It's called Theatrical Powder from the brand Palgantong.

I haven't tried it, but it's been recommended in my Japanese magazines. I've just ordered it from Sasa.com and it's on its way over to me. <33

Palgantong is a Japanese brand and no, it's not a mineral makeup. just loose powder. pretty cheap. but I thought chacott is the best seller in Japan. all the different declaration of 'best' powder is making me confused :blink:

if BM is too orangy, can try everyday minerals winged butter. SUPER yellow!! :lol: I am pretty yellow myself and I am using fawn (light colour with strong yellow undertones). i mixed fawn with WB if im wearing semi matte formule, cuz it runs abit too light for me :sweatingbullets:

is there any cheaper alternatives to mac fix+?

water + glyercin

evene spray (did i spell it right?)

rosewater

any face spray. :sweatingbullets:

-----------------------------

I just received my Lumiere foundations! :sweatingbullets: looks quite close to fawn, except it's slightly darker. hopefully it's a good match!

Guest azncrow7

^can i use toners? like witch hazel? im kinda confused on what exactly the mac fix + is

Fix+ is to help set your make-up, like how loose powders do except it's a liquid you spray. Can also help give powders a smoother finish~

Aren't toners to help clean your skin from any traces of make-up and the sort? It would probably be better to use distilled water or another face spray. o_o

Guest LUCKY SE7EN

does anyone use everyday minerals foundations that are in the 'olive' family?

i thought olive was supposed to be better-suited for asians...

^ yeah. i think popular shades are light olive and olive-golden medium. darkness of golden medium is somewhat like winged butter, just less yellow, more olive/beige undertone. i don't have the others so i cannot judge :sweatingbullets:

Evian :)

haha. yeah!

Guest ★★★

My friend uses American Beauty

its like 25 bucks,and she loves it.

I havn't used it so idk... but wouldn't hurt to look into : ))

Ohh thank you so much for everyone telling me about Mineral Makeup! I'm thinking

about trying Everyday since it got lots of good reviews =] Thanks!

For people that have ordered it online, is there a Fee for Shipping and Handling

for the Free sample?

Archived