[Drama 2008] Land Of Wind / Kingdom Of The Winds 바람의 나라

Guest huangsy

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Hitokiri-Battoussai

in my opinion from watching numerous anime and chinese drama not to mention a few awesome saeguk dramas the reason yeon put down the figurine was because at that moment she chose dojin over muhyul... ... . . just that moment though ^_^ !!! then again I could be wrong someone more used to the subteltys of the korean mindset/ways could probly confirm or refute what i said!

Guest ardentfrias

So history repeats itself through Muhyul/Yeon. :wacko: Really, these love triangles!! But I have to admit, the Dojin/Yeon moment was really touching (he got teary eyed!). Why did she put the figurine down though? Was she worried that Dojin would see she liked Muhyul and get suspicious?

I think so. She likes Muhyul to be his man and Dojin is just a brother to her. She put the figurine down so that Dojin won't see it. She doesn't want Dojin to get jealous and be hurt and avoid him having a grudge against Muhyul.

Guest selvaspeedy

the character 'lee ji' is tragic. marries daemushin as arranged contract marriage.. loves him but he only loved yeon.

she will be like geumwa's queen who envied yoohwa.

:crazy::crazy::crazy:

arranged marriage

:crazy:

DAMN IT <_< (sorry -_- )

(no wonder she will love him... the man is just so hot :blush: )

but omo... I would really love to see how Daemosin will handle such a wife :sweatingbullets:

Jumong was so pampered and surrounded w/ women who loved and supported him :rolleyes:

poor Muhyul :P

after I heard this news, I can't stop thinking about it... I wonder who will play this role? and why would it be

arranged marriage?

who arranged it :P

(maybe after Yuri announce that Muhyul is his son, he will arrange this marriage w/ one of the chiefs' daughters to stop the fuss

e19376.gif... and will they portray lee ji as in history?!are they going to show us the later life of Daemosin, and his grown up son (Hodong)?!

I really can't believe Dojin though. You guys hung upside down together! There's some brotherhood in that, isn't there?

lol :D

f_10381m_f1b6f02.jpg

(the lost friendship e19363.gif )

Dojin... I loved you before... but what you did now doesn't make any sense at all... why did you turn against Muhyul all of a sudden?!

just because that hugging?!... I can't believe this is the only reason e19376.gif

in my opinion the reason yeon put down the figurine was because at that moment she chose dojin over muhyul... ... . . just that moment though ^_^ !!!

She put the figurine down so that Dojin won't see it. She doesn't want Dojin to get jealous and be hurt and avoid him having a grudge against Muhyul.

I agree w/ ardent... this is the most possible reason for that.

OMG... this song (oh love by who) track number 17 is so beautiful :wub:

f_DSCN0491m_b361025.jpg

f_albunsigninm_2eb9a6c.jpg

f_IMG0737m_232f8a3.jpg

f_m_a349371.gif

f_m_0f77fcc.gif

f_m_a8cf15e.gif

f_m_c512b01.gif

f_1m_ddd2ff5.jpg

source: gall DCinside KOTW gallery

take care everybody

Guest ardentfrias

Just finished watching episode 16 and I'm very impressed of King Yuri's acting. He really can emote well with only his eyes. You can feel his longing for his son and the mixed feelings he has. This guy is really confused. He loves Muhyul but is afraid of his son's fate if the prince's identity would be divulged. People might not understand and would despise him as a King who betrayed his own people and moreover, people might also want Muhyul dead and that's what he is avoiding to happen. He needs to protect his son. Can't wait for the coming episodes, really.

I am enjoying this show a lot and have to say thanks to both WITHS2 and viikii.net for bringing the subs to this show. WITHS2 for the excellent work and viikii.net for the quick/good work. Although WITHS2 is great, viikii.net has done a good job for the addicts who cannot wait for the subs and are going somewhat crazy as to whats next with the show, me included. Believe me WITHS2, viikii.net has contributed to lessening the pressure. I also wish to that dramadok and selvenspeedy (not sure if I got this right) for the summaries, pics, links and management for this forum, you are doing an excellent job in light of the fact that you have your regular lives to maintain school etal.

For those who have watched Ballad of Seodong, I relate Dojin to the character Giroo as one who is to be pitied. They were not necessarily evil when they younger but because of circumstances they choose the wrong path becoming unloved and lonely in the end. As it is in their minds, "it is - if I do this, what would I gain/my objective would be met" the end justifies the means. Dojin's father was called a traitor " a set up I believe by Sagu" so his objective is to prove to the king, himself and dead family otherwise therefore he would do anything to gain approval/prove his worth. Something the king is aware of and is using him for. That's not to say its an excuse for his behavior, there isn't any. Jealousy for Muhyul started to arise when he noticed Yeon's special attention to him and it has increased which is why in episode 15 he made his claim clear. Knowing Muhyul's personality that's not going to stop him at all. Dojin's main purpose is to be Muhyul's rival and disliked in the show, he is doing a good job at that point.

Other - I am asking someone to please put up the link for KOTW OST, I thought I had downloaded it but found out otherwise. Its appreciated.

Guest valmylove

Dramaok, LOL, thanks for the clarifying...jumping to own conclusion.... that make sense, a queen from the same country to settle down the people. At least Yeon will be loved by him...a child 2gether!! ^^

Selvaspeedy thanks for the caps/pics u post...very good cap!! are they BTS pics??

I wonder did SIG lose weight for this drama? He got married before starting right? I mean to my eyes, he seems slimmer but I know i can see through his clothes as he is fit and built like an ox!! nice, lucky wifey! ^^

an Maro is slimmer at the beginning but will gain weight right, becas he looks buffer during some pics when Muyhul becomes Daemushin.

I wonder did SIG lose weight for this drama? He got married before starting right? I mean to my eyes, he seems slimmer but I know i can see through his clothes as he is fit and built like an ox!! nice, lucky wifey! ^^

an Maro is slimmer at the beginning but will gain weight right, becas he looks buffer during some pics when Muyhul becomes Daemushin.

Yes, he is. If I'm not mistaken there's an article/someone said that he is on diet? and yes, he got married before this drama is start.

Some of the scene when he became Daemushin is been taken before the first eps.... the scene when he have a war with Dojin (already masking) is been taken in china? same scene with the early eps (1st) when Yuri have to go to war *correct me if i'm wrong :P*

For those who have watched Ballad of Seodong, I relate Dojin to the character Giroo as one who is to be pitied. They were not necessarily evil when they younger but because of circumstances they choose the wrong path becoming unloved and lonely in the end. As it is in their minds, "it is - if I do this, what would I gain/my objective would be met" the end justifies the means. Dojin's father was called a traitor " a set up I believe by Sagu" so his objective is to prove to the king, himself and dead family otherwise therefore he would do anything to gain approval/prove his worth. Something the king is aware of and is using him for. That's not to say its an excuse for his behavior, there isn't any. Jealousy for Muhyul started to arise when he noticed Yeon's special attention to him and it has increased which is why in episode 15 he made his claim clear. Knowing Muhyul's personality that's not going to stop him at all. Dojin's main purpose is to be Muhyul's rival and disliked in the show, he is doing a good job at that point.

you gave a good views on it, he also remind me of yeonmoon.Dojin find back the loss status of his family so no one can't stop him for that though he fell in love to yeon is not necessarily will stop his goal, muhyul is the adding factor to make his life lonely and unlove ..you can foresee how his character will turn to...

i really loving it....

but why can't i love Dojin now when i love so much yeon moon..i felt pitied for dojin here but not as much on yeonmoon...arrrghh kinda biased..

Guest ardentfrias

but why can't i love Dojin now when i love so much yeon moon..i felt pitied for dojin here but not as much on yeonmoon...arrrghh kinda biased..

Same here, Kish. It seems that Dojin and Yeum Moon have the same character. But I can not love Dojin the way I love Yeum Moon in EOTS. I understand Dojin's predicament. His actions are justified. We can't love him because in this movie, he's up against our beloved SIG and we can't love anybody but him. Maybe if it's not SIG, he could get my sympathy. I'm always on SIG's side and really biased when it comes to my Oppa. And one more thing, he does not have the looks in Yeum Moon's eyes when he's sad.

Same here, Kish. It seems that Dojin and Yeum Moon have the same character. But I can not love Dojin the way I love Yeum Moon in EOTS. I understand Dojin's predicament. His actions are justified. We can't love him because in this movie, he's up against our beloved SIG and we can't love anybody but him. Maybe if it's not SIG, he could get my sympathy. I'm always on SIG's side and really biased when it comes to my Oppa. And one more thing, he does not have the looks in Yeum Moon's eyes when he's sad.

Agree with you arden ^^ when it come to SIG, I will always choose him :P Yeum Moon is my love villain ever ^^ He have the sad looks in his eyes, no one ever have the same look like he was >_<

For those who have watched Ballad of Seodong, I relate Dojin to the character Giroo as one who is to be pitied. They were not necessarily evil when they younger but because of circumstances they choose the wrong path becoming unloved and lonely in the end. As it is in their minds, "it is - if I do this, what would I gain/my objective would be met" the end justifies the means.

indeed, dojin & giroo's character kinda have some resemblance, they both seem to be obsessed with their

lady love that they would/are willing to do anything just to get their women even to the point of going/taking

the wrong/evil path. perhaps they came to be obsessed with their loved ones because they liked these women

eversince they were young & thought/hoped & wished their loved ones will reciprocate their feelings in the future.

then comes muhyul & jang whom dojin & giroo thought stole their women. they think/thought that if muhyul & jang

didn't enter into their lives, yeon & sunhwa would choose/love them. this mentality is what drives them to want

to eliminate the protagonists.

Guest avonmarissa

Dojin has a lot of things to consider by being on the 'evil' side. If he indeed completes the mission given to him by King Daeso, he acquires more than the King's favor. He would presumably be the heir to Buyeo's throne, restore his family's name, restore Wesaja's honor and the icing on the cake: marry Yeon. Everything and more he could possibly wish for is before him if he accomplishes the task set forth by King Daeso. For a viewer like me, I understand Dojin's motivations, but I cannot agree with his tactics.

Dojin has a lot of things to consider by being on the 'evil' side. If he indeed completes the mission given to him by King Daeso, he acquires more than the King's favor. He would presumably be the heir to Buyeo's throne, restore his family's name, restore Wesaja's honor and the icing on the cake: marry Yeon. Everything and more he could possibly wish for is before him if he accomplishes the task set forth by King Daeso.

exactly, dojin probably thinks that if he were to accomplish his mission he could have yeon (like giroo to

sunhwa as i stated above). he's not taking into consideration yeon's feelings at all although he must

already have an idea that yeon likes muhyul as well. it probably didn't occur to him that yeon probably

wouldn't want to marry an 'evil' guy (should she find out later), & that she could do unimaginable things

so she could avoid marrying him (like soseono did in jumong where she opted to marry a guy she doesn't

love just so she won't be able to marry daeso).

Guest selvaspeedy

thanks WITH S2 for Ep. 13 subs :D

Other - I am asking someone to please put up the link for KOTW OST, I thought I had downloaded it but found out otherwise. Its appreciated.

you can find the links in page one in the first post in this thread :sweatingbullets:

Selvaspeedy thanks for the caps/pics u post...very good cap!! are they BTS pics??

what is BTS pics :blush:

yes he indeed lost weight :blush:

has been working out since he got married... AJA fighting oppa e19371.gif

you gave a good views on it, he also remind me of yeonmoon.Dojin find back the loss status of his family so no one can't stop him for that though he fell in love to yeon is not necessarily will stop his goal, muhyul is the adding factor to make his life lonely and unlove ..you can foresee how his character will turn to...

i really loving it....

I didn't watch Ballad of Seodong so I can't relate Dojin to Giroo :sweatingbullets:

but I agree w/ kish... he does remind me of yeum Moon (not the early Yeum Moon... but the late one... the bitter one, after he got branded :tears: he became sooo evil and inconsiderate of the human lives).

I pitty Dojin a little bit... he has been brought into this camp since he was 15 years (I think :unsure: ), no wonder he would be this ruthless.

and I totally agree w/ ardent and korean_aein... PGH is a good actor, but SIG performance in EOTS just can't be surpassed... and I will always support him even if he was the evil man in here :P

Guest Chianna

For me Dojin and Muhyul are two very similar men who now happen to be on different sides. I can't hate Dojin any more than I can Muhyul. Both of them have had pitiful lives and are trying to find a reason to keep living. Muhyul has chosen Yeon and his country, Dojin chose restoring his family honour by any means he has to.

Viewed from one side Dojin gaining favour while sewing discord is evil but how is it any different from what Muhyul did in the ninja camp and then to the King? Twice now Muhyul has tried to kill this man the first time because he was told to by his brother and the second time because he wanted to redeem himself. What Dojin is doing is more long term but for the same reason Muhyul did, a chance at redemption.

If Dojin had wanted to kill Muhyul and Maro he would have done it. Instead he gives a lame excuse to the lackey and takes himself away for a while. Dojin has been keeping who Muhyul is quiet for a while now he only disclosed it when he knew he had to class Muhyul as an enemy, I don't think it was an easy decision no more than it will be for Muhyul when he reaches the same conclusion, probably next week. They've been too well trained as cold blooded killers to do anything else.

To me KOTW isn't a black and white drama, there are no white or black hats just people.

Guest Dangermousie

I can't hate Dojin either. I also don't think he 'turned' against Muhyul just because he saw Yeon and Muhyul hugging. Dojin would have to be really unreasonable: it's not as if they were getting married in front of his eyes, or similar.

But for Dojin, with possible exception of Yeon, Daeso and his loyalty to his country comes first over everything (once his family got executed, he could have gone two ways, I think: hating everything about Bueyo and becoming a rebel or chosing to show his loyalty in contrast and he chose the latter). He might genuinely like and respect Muhyul, but he even executed Yeon's father who was like a father to him, on Daeso's orders. Putting a spanner in Muhyul's rise is nothing to that.

As to Muhyul, I feel bad for him. His very close friend is turning against him, and Yeon might also prefer Dojin for all he knows (they did grow up together). Awwww. I might like Dojin but Muhyul always comes first, for me.

Archived