[THE OFFICIAL] Taeyang 태양 Thread

Guest shinhdeplol

There was a post on YB on

ONTD:

http://community.livejournal.com/ohnotheydidnt/23770979.html

and reading the comments made me upset. some were like "wtf who is this" and saying he has no talent and that they felt embarrassed for him after watching the mvs... some were encouraging and saying that he was hot. but i was still kinda sad. i mean of course not everyone can like him i know that but i love him so much that i just take it a little personally lol

That's too sad..I felt the same when I asked my friend who was NOT a KPOP lover to listen to his songs and watch the MV..I was really anxious how she would criticize TAEYANG's music..but good thing she liked it.... Too bad some people aren't that accepting with his music...

theLOOSER: thanks for the sched...OMG...i'm so excited which song will he perform first...I hope it'll be Prayer...haha..been listening to it ever since....

Guest snookie831

Thanks for opening up a TaeYang thread!

His album is awesome. I've already order mines.

Can't wait to get it. All of the songs on his album are

wonderful. I can't wait to see his performances!

Guest YBLH

There was a post on YB on

ONTD:

http://community.livejournal.com/ohnotheydidnt/23770979.html

and reading the comments made me upset. some were like "wtf who is this" and saying he has no talent and that they felt embarrassed for him after watching the mvs... some were encouraging and saying that he was hot. but i was still kinda sad. i mean of course not everyone can like him i know that but i love him so much that i just take it a little personally lol

its okay. there's always gonna be opinions. i mean no one is liked by everyone. i don't mind the haters.

i guess we should respect their opinions too right?

you can fangirl here with us! haha.

but he does have talent....most people can't dance like that. can't sing like that....and he is definately not acting black....

wtf??? music is music right? there's no nationality in music. i know musicians when they make music they want everyone to enjoy it...

i hate it when people put a race on music..."its black music" "its white music" "its asian music"

like is said music is music...its the most universial thing in the world.

creativity is shared. its not like Taeyang plagirized the songs. he just took the style...and i have the say listening to all the hip hop/rnb on the radio, they're all crap....all they talk about is money guns and s3x.

sure, taeyang took the rnb/hip hop style, but he definately put his own flare in it.

Guest cpopbaby19

5/31 YB's solo activities starts

credits: gyang from TY city =]

I can't wait either!

YAY! Good thing he's not going to start performing live this saturday~ XD (coz I won't be here in our house to watch him LIVEE) :w00t: Now, I'm MORE excited about it!! :rolleyes:

And xocutie07.. T^T; Those comments made me sad. T^T; well as I can see it, they don't recognize asian talent. *o* Whooo. But yeah, at least we know there are WHOLE lot of YB fans.. AND COUNTING! :3

Guest keaiclam

I just saw the MVs today =D

Look at me was so cute =DDD

Go Taeyang oppa~ Hope he performs it sometime soon ^^

Guest ;deuce

Haha, those comments definitely upset me.

But it's understandable. The language is foreign to some so they can't get the meaning of the song,

so they're a bit cynical about the music.

And there are some really hardcore critics on the internet who love to just put down everything in sight.

But they don't matter because we're all Youngbae ever needs. n n

@YBLH: Argh, that's so true.

Giving music a race.

People do it to dancing too and it's hard to grasp.

Like, since when did this music style or that dancing style belong to one specific race?

People just get too touchy.

Youngbae will definitely break through all that crap. [x

@AiriinxKumori: HAHAH.

You don't even have to ask because we'd agree right away! x'D

Ahh, don't mind the ONTD people. They usually bash everyone haha

Anyways, new poster to this thread but so not new to YB (*sighs&loveydoveyeyes).

I'm so excited to get his CD and his poster in the mail! I had to convince my friend to borrow his credit card so I could order it online haha ;P

Can't wait to get the CD, I'm going to blasting the thing in my car so loud and singing: "LEMME SAY UHHH OHHHH" and other drivers are gonna be like "wtf?" ;D

I'm so proud of YB. It's been.. 2 years? since YG announced YB would be going solo and it's finally happening! He's so amazingly dedicated and hard-working.

I hope this CD isn't the last of his solo career. I want to hear an all English album from him :D :D :D That'd be awesome!

Tae Yang.... man he just PROVE to me that he's no longer a little kid anymore... He finally show his manly side and I'm loving it... 21 and legal... I'm loving it more...

I'm so in love with the song "look only at me"... the MV is really nice... I'm glad they went with something different.... the middle when he was dancing in black with the white hat, sort of reminds me of SE7EN... just because of the beat they played in that part...

I want to know what was said between TaeYang and the girl over the phone at the beginning? Can someone translate it please? Or was it already done and I just don't know... thnx in advance... Oh and I would love to know the english lyrics to this too... I hope someone translate it soon...

Guest jemnise

so today, i have a mission when i went to school. Basically, i showed my classmates TY's MV... and they were like..

"are you serious that he's korean?!"

ahahahaha. They have like the same comments that i had. He's a mixture of different American artists! And also they can't take away their eyes from his BODY which is like OH-SO HOT. DUH?!?!?!

and i made them hear his songs, and they were like "its GOOD in all fairness..." wuhoooo! i am so loving TY! he was able to get the attention of people who really don't appreciate my kinda' music!:)

2u6gyu9.jpg

credits to 정신차려BB @bbvipz

YB dearest, you have made me so proud (: I was so excited to listen to your album which I will DEFINITELY buy (my maknae aunt is coming to NY in June so this is one of the things I said I wanted when she asked me if there was anything I would like) and when I saw the music videos yesterday, it just made my entire month. Everything was worth it to see you shine like the star...no scratch that...the sun you are (: haha.

I haven't felt this proud of someone for the longest time. I'm so happy that you debuted (:

And it doesn't hurt that Teddy came out and ALMOST made me scream at midnight and bang my knee against the keyboard/desk and spazz....and cry from happiness haha

what i wrote on the BB thread that applies to YB's debut (ignore the U.S. thing because i was quoting and replying to someone that was talking about how they would love it if he debuted in the U.S. (: ):

HAHAHAHAH....i really think that youngbae has the most potential out of the BB boys to debut as a solo artist...i've been saying this since the beginning although GD's my favorite, i have to be honest and say that i honestly think YB has the solo package. and i truly believe in his ability to become an amazing solo artist in the U.S. he has this certain appeal to him and he already has the talent...he has an amazing voice, amazing dance moves, and is amazingly good-looking which is a bonus (: he has an awesome personality and good manners too so i strongly have faith in youngbae ^^<3

i've been waiting for a YB solo ever since i realized that i thought YB had the most potential out of them to debut as a solo artist and mr. YG has granted my wishes. hopefully, the U.S. thing will come in the near future (: i hope YB's ready then and his english (he's soooo hot when he speaks english in his freaking low, sexy, deep voice) will be fluent by then...the truth is, i don't know if the U.S. would be ready for our wonderful youngbae.

I can't decide what songs I like the best...they're all growing on me, even the ones that I initially had an "okay, it's good..." reaction to, but not "omfg its amazing".....now I can't decide which ones I like the best.

THANK YOU, MR. YG!

I LOVE YOU YOUNGBAE (:<3 You've grown into a fine young man....from your cute days with your huge, baggy clothes (which I occasionally miss) to your hotttttttttttness now. HWAITING! KEEP ON SHININ`<3

Guest Aphrodite

To be truthfully honest, I never expected Taeyang's album to be as hot as it is. I was a little skeptical about how he was going to hold his own without the rest of his boys, but WOW. I have been playing his album non-stop. I am an official fan of Taeyang as an artist, and not just because he's a member of Big Bang. I love Prayer and Make Love the most. His voice is just simply ear-candy. BTW, I did not know he had such a hot body. Damnn those abs!

I was wondering why they used part of "A Fool's Only Tears" in YB's "나만 바라봐" -- idk the

english song title.

YB's "나만 바라봐"

inun danun marun NO WAY

nan no hana bake morununde

nowa han sajin hanjang kuthne

boriji mothago barabone

ama na no animyon dashin

sarang irango dubon dashi

hago shipjido harsudo obso

negen ije no animyon andwe

PLEASE COME BACK HERE

BB's "A Fool's Only Tears"

itneundaneun mareun NO WAY

na neo hanabakke moreuneunde

neowa han sajin han jang

kkeutnae beoriji motago barabone

ama na neo animyeon du beon dasi

sarangiran geo du beon dasi

hago sipjido hal sudo eobseo

naege ije neo animyeon andwae

PLEASE COME BACK HERE

I wonder why they used the same lyrics? I was like "HEY! I KNOW THAT RAP!" haha

=] All good. I love the song neither less still =]

lyrics : g yong ee~ & Mady from YGBB.

Guest sweetsorrow

There was a post on YB on ONTD: http://community.livejournal.com/ohnotheydidnt/23770979.html

haha okay so some of the comments actually made me laugh...cause they were SO immature....geeze do not people have the deceny to respect an artist? i dont care what race u are but no one has the right to criticize another person's work with profamnity and stupidity...as well..since when did music have a race? music is music no matter what country, religion or background u come from...its the one thing that unites everyone (heck im not even asian)....also this whole copying business people are going on about....since when was a style copyrighted??? im sorry but did i miss the legal action omarion took to make sure no one copied his style? no....also, his dancing...since when does a style of dancing get labelled to an artist? heck its not even omarion's dance moves, its his instructors..and i give props to shaun evaristo over YB for this one, his moves are incredible and all credits go to him for giving YB some of the hottest moves....i understand how people are saying omarian and yb are similar in style and looks wise...fine, ill let that go because to some degree i see it aswell....but they're BOTH different too and saying that YB "copied" omarion is wrong because he didnt, and its plain and clear.....*urgh* okay i think ill stop here

sorry for the rant, but it was really bugging me on how ridiculous some of this stuff is getting...*sigh*

golden rule

if u dont have something nice to say..then dont say anything at all.....if everyone did that, it wood be a much peaceful world...

no....also, his dancing...since when does a style of dancing get labelled to an artist? heck its not even omarion's dance moves, its his instructors..and i give props to shaun evaristo over YB for this one, his moves are incredible and all credits go to him for giving YB some of the hottest moves.....

sorry for the rant, but it was really bugging me on how ridiculous some of this stuff is getting...*sigh*

they said he copied his dancing from an artist? actually, LEGALLY dance CANNOT be technically owned by a person so that no one else can use it. it's the way an artist cannot say that a certain note is his (ex: B Sharp) because it's something that is commonplace in music. however, the specific melody cannot be copied (: and that is the thing that is considered the original work. for the dancing, it has to be the exact choreography for it to be copied and/or a specific signature move of a specific artist (that people, as soon as they see it, think of that specific artist) is copied (although i'm less sure about the latter). just because something is similar does NOT mean someone copied the other artist. it may be that the person is influenced by that artist or looks up to that artist, but it does NOT mean they legally violated any copyrights.

wow. law class is actually sort of coming into use :mellow:

anyway, yeah shaun evaristo...mad props to him. look at all this crazy, hot choreography!! ekwjklwjfwjweja (: man, he's amazing isn't he? haha.

Aww boo. Guys, the Big Bang thread got closed down. I knew it was gonna happen.

I should've made a big post about that. Please don't post Big Bang stuff in here or else

this one will end up the same.

Taeyang's schedule:

5/23 [8:00 PM KST] SBS 8:00 News - YB introducing his new album

Anyone gonna stay up and watch this? I really want to but its at 6 AM. Ugh ...

Im just gonna wake up to find good news xD

----EDIT---

Sorry, I think I confused you xjiji xD

Its at 8 PM for korea but for me is 6 AM which is CST.

Guest ;deuce

I was wondering why they used part of "A Fool's Only Tears" in YB's "나만 바라봐" -- idk the

english song title.

I wonder why they used the same lyrics? I was like "HEY! I KNOW THAT RAP!" haha

=] All good. I love the song neither less still =]

lyrics : g yong ee~ & Mady from YGBB.

HAHAH.

Omfg, my friend pointed that out to me but I didn't know it was used in Naman Barabwa...

Which part? x'D

I'm so lame.

I think I was too into the music video to notice. Lol. [:

@Mrs.ImDanny: OMFG THANKS.

That's... Okay, wait. Is that six am tomorrow morning?

This time zone thing is so freaking trippy. =_____=

I'll just... change my clock on my computer. 8D

Teehee...

@___@;

Edit: So... It wasn't Naman Barabwa but Baby I'm Sorry where the lyrics were recycled? x'D

I was watching the MV over and over again to find the lyrics. > <

Guest May May

I've been thinking of something coherent to say about YB's mv's but nothin I say could do those videos justice. Or his songs..After my friend told me that his MV was out, I was just expecting one,heck I was happy to get just one but wow..did he outdo himself.. I had to be friggin resucitated after that - When I was watching the Pray MV I heard this wheezing sound only to realise that they were coming from, darn boy made me forget how to breathe..wait..I take that back.. The word 'boy' and 'Taeyang' do NOT belong in the same sentence..unless its "Taeyang isn't a boy".. Man..Toto we aint in Kansas no more..for reals.. I don't even know what I'm saying anymore!!!

But wow, after I saw the Kido MV I was like where the heck is the offical YG Youtube channel I gots ta see this MV in HD!!

and then I had a little giggle at the way they had spelled look for the Look at me MV..'loot'...cause I sure as hell would loot YB..if you get my drift...

As for the Look at me MV..can you say aaaahsome pengalicious MV..when I saw that the other members where in the MV i was like..ohmagod!noway!YG you are seriously out to kill fans..all that excitement in one day isn't good for my heart..The dancing was sooo cute/cool in this MV...minus the waiter+ YB part.. I was like..erm..do I watch do I not watch..remember Jesus YB resist!!!I should remember Jesus too and resist..

Taeyang has been blessed with many,many talents. Forget the body, his talking voice,his singing voice is so easy on the ears. I am soo proud to hear that he's doing so well, he more than deserves it! I can only expect bigger and better from him in the future..

When I think back to how he was in the GDYB days, it brings a smile to my face. It's so cool that as a fan I've been able to watch him grow and develop as an artist. Seeing the difficulties he's endured etc and the fact that he's still always smiling and only gives nothing less than 100%..it makes me so proud to call myself his fan!yaaay Taeyang