[THE OFFICIAL] Taeyang 태양 Thread

Guest shinhdeplol

Guest itsumo

Omo they closed to BB thread T_T

~ Everyone got a little over-excited with YB. WHO WOULDN'T THOUGH

I've read some of the comments on that LJ account. Some made me laugh -- trying to focus on those. Some are really... straightforward and close-minded

But I have to say, the title is misleading and is pretty much asking for people to make a comparison between YB & Omarion. I can see why people responded that way. but wahh ~ YB is TALENTED T_T . No one can tell me otherwise. NO ONEEEE :)

YEAHH ! When I first listened to "Baby I'm Sorry" I was tryna figure out wear I had heard the rap part.. & then it clicked A FOOL'S ONLY TEARS<333 I was pleasantly surprised hehe. Never forgetting BB<3

& also. Where can I watch:

5/23 [8:00 PM KST] SBS 8:00 News - YB introducing his new album <-- that?

Ehh I'm confused bout all the timezones & stuff. T_T

Can't wait for his solo activities<3 31st seems so far away lmao.

-----

I TOPPED A PAGE?

Old pic of YBabyyy.

2000859095064328064_rs.jpg

He's grown up ne? Still smiles the same xD

Guest latiana2003

Aww boo. Guys, the Big Bang thread got closed down. I knew it was gonna happen.

I should've made a big post about that. Please don't post Big Bang stuff in here or else

this one will end up the same.

are u serious lol?? that's messed up. i guess some people dont read the descriptions under the thread lol.

anyway.. i read the comments on that LJ site.. i must admit, some of the comments actually made me laugh because they were dumb. but it's their own opinions. can't be liked (or loved) by all. i just wished some of them didnt get so blunt with the "sexual" comments lol, but oh well.

i was watching this today just for old times sake : YoungBae

and couldnt help but laugh lol. i was like "awwwww. he was so adorable. now he's just sex!! ::tear:: my baby has grown up in front of my eyes." even though he's still adorable when he's in interviews and stuff. he's always so laid back and has that killer smile that lights up a room ^_^

Not that i didn't like Tae Yang to have his own official thread, but i think Tae Yang should still remain in BIG BANG thread. It's like taking him out of the group just to spazz about his mini solo album. And it is becoming an inconvenience like when you're posting something regarding BIG BANG, and then you can't help but to talk about Tae Yang too. then you would go 'OH right, this should be in tae yang's thread' . i know we are seeing him as an artist now, but it really gives an impression that there are only 4 members in big bang/bigbang's thread. .

ok i'm done ranting, sorrry about it. but this is just my pov.

as for other people criticising Tae Yang's music .. ><;;

i thought YG said the album will be full of black r&b music? aiii.

but i really like LOOK AT ME MV. it's my favourite among the two.

i love how he looks sooooooooooo cute when he smiles. and we can see that he's so shy when he was interacting with the female lead in the bloopers. hahahahaha!

WHOOO thanks everyone for the SPAAZINESS and the PICTURES and GIFS!!

DUDE YB BLEW ME AWAAAY! like always. but danng i don't recall an innocent boy anywhere?! only a SEXYMAN upFRONT! wordup.

SO i listen to the ALBUM on repeat and i must saay its soo GOOD! ALL the songs, ALL of them were perfect, from the lyrics and the beat and everything. it's SO him. YB stats youknowhatimsaying? and like i've said before only YB, DONGYOUNGBAE could pull off a miniabum with song titles like thaaaat. its crazzy. it's so hard to pick a favorite but if ihad to, i'd narrow it down to like baby im sorry. look at only me and make love. ahah thats like basically the whole thing. but HAY. it's too hard to decide. allt he songs are really catchy.

THE MVS. were like WHOOOAAAAA. it got me going for hours last night! it was craaazy. my heart literally stopped beating as i watched the first mv, the look at only me one. at first i was like NO WAY this is YB?! our innocent shy boy YB?! cos on camera it didnt look like he was shy or anything. daaaang. iit was forsure a GREAT mv. at first i was surprised that at the table, it werent hte BB boys, but then slowly if you've watched it you see the BB homewreckers. haha yes homewreckers. but hay i dnt blame them! theey all looked ULTRA fly too<3 but hay YB somehwat outshined them from my POV. the way he danced and moved. and DUDE i TOTALLY didn't know that it was YB talking in the beggning with the English?!?!?! that was some crazzy shizzz. it sounded soo wow fluent and everyhting. HUBAAAE got his english on! it got HECKA better. thats forsure. and his facial expressions, he pulled that off! even though he, obviously never "experienced" that type of feelings or anything, but sure as hell seemed lke he did! and at the end when he woke up! (whoever thought of that dream idea was PURELY GENIUS!) but it was soo hilarious and cute when he went * ISSSHH* tot he girl. haha but if you notice! for that split second, in his eyes, i kinda saw how scared and nervous he kinda looked. i guess its from like, oh he has to get close all up in her face and the fact that he was and WAS GNNA lay down on her lap once agian<33 hah this MAN.

FOR the GIDO MV! WHOOOOOOO my eyes POPPED OUT! literally! i really needed an oxygen mask to breathe! he took my breath away. i went crazzy spaz mode. I LOVED EVERYHTING it was soo HOT. and somewhat sexual. haaay have we EVER SEEN YB THAT MUCH EXPOSD? bsides the my grl's perfs? ( for the record, he always had scraps of his torn up shirts on him:]) so yeaah. and i loved how they chose the lighting to go with his "tan". ohh that was a REALY big turn on:] hehe. the tan plus how they oiled him up a little bit. and maybe some makeup? but it totally worked for the mv. Another thing i absolutely loved was how he matched with the theme, like in the snow part, even his hat had some fur shizz going on there. peng! but i tink EVERYONE AGRREEES with me with the SKINESS! DUDE 0.0 he has a friggen 8 PACK! his BICEPS ARE HUGE!! and from those pictures everyone sent, damn he is RIPED. whooo. he gots them veins popping out, ususally that aint cute but hay he changed that persepective for me.

THE DANCE MOVES , i believe by shaun evaristo? was HELLA BOMB. it totally rocked. soo YB stats. and the number one thing i absolutely LOVE ABOUT YB PERIOD. is his EYES!!! i love his eyes. and i totally saw a whole different person behind his eyes in the MV. his eyes were always so serious and fierce looking, i LOVE IT. from his crescent moon chinkiness to the fierce bold ones he portrayed in the mv. whooooooo. im still whoozy from it and it was yesterday! haha.

oh and what's cool is YB's album. im so happy and proud of him! he's made records! his album is selling big time! so please BUY HIS ALBUM FOR SUPPORT PEOPLE! and EVERYBDY BE WANTING TO SEE HIS BOD UPCLOSE NOW... P:]and the shape of his album. one of a kind! it looks so cool.

i babbled a lout now! THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE!

Just wonder whether Taeyang will perform his solo hits in Global Warning Concert in Bangkok next month... or even in Seoul... it would be nice if he will do so....Prayer is really really HOT !

so sad.. BB thread is closed. :blush: :tears:

Guest YBLH

To be truthfully honest, I never expected Taeyang's album to be as hot as it is. I was a little skeptical about how he was going to hold his own without the rest of his boys, but WOW. I have been playing his album non-stop. I am an official fan of Taeyang as an artist, and not just because he's a member of Big Bang. I love Prayer and Make Love the most. His voice is just simply ear-candy. BTW, I did not know he had such a hot body. Damnn those abs!

Your comment made me really happy.

I think this is what all artists should try to achieve: respect and love as an artist, not as a idol.

Yes. I've always respected him as a artist because he has true talent. I mean his voice is beautiful and he can actually sing.

I agree with YG in that YB should have a solo album because he's actually talented, not because he's already famous. In fact, he's one of the least popular BIG BANG members. There are many other "singers" not artists who have to rely on looks and glitzy outfits to attract fans. The fact that you like him and his music as a solo artist, not because he's a Big Bang member, shows that his talent is obvious and genuine.

And to be honest, I wasn't expecting much either since YG did absolutely nothing to promote him. They just said he's gonna come out with a solo album. No pictures no previews no interviews. NOTHING. For a while I thought YG was just pulling our strings. I was really nervous. I was afraid that people would criticize him for trying to leave Big Bang and such. But the fact that he had so many pre-orders is very encouraging. To me it means that his talent/voice was recognized before and appreciated even though he's not people's favorite.

Just wonder whether Taeyang will perform his solo hits in Global Warning Concert in Bangkok next month... or even in Seoul... it would be nice if he will do so....Prayer is really really HOT !

so sad.. BB thread is closed. :blush: :tears:

He's aposed to perform it at the Daegu concert ^^

Excerpt from YG's message (080519); translated by melodygreenleaf@ YGBB/Soompi

Taeyang's solo album first stage will be at Big Bang's Daegu concert, which is this Saturday(May 24th).

(Daegu fans~ Congrats ㅋㅋ)

To me it means that his talent/voice was recognized before and appreciated even though he's not people's favorite.

O_O!!! omfg you said exactly what I was thinking but didn't know how to put into words...lol. You basically summed up the meaning of my previous not-so-organized post XD

=O a taeyang thread!!! i hope he doesnt like leave big bang tho, big bang is like different without him :[ its sorta not fair that he has his own minialbum, but its great(: lol

Personally I think it's very fair XD

YG said it was to make up for him being so harsh on YB before (this album was soooo long overdue lol)

and in agreement with Jane~ I think out of all the BB members, TY has the most potential to be solo.

YB has always been out of the spotlight despite his talents because of his reserved(?) nature. He doesn't get as much exposure as the other boys..but now its his turn to shine :) I mean you see TOP branching out to acting.. GD producing/composing/writing songs.. SR is getting into acting too, and Daesung showing up on Variety shows. Where does YB fit in? ^^;; So he gets his own minialbum! ahah XD

I don't think he'd leave Big Bang..lol. I would cry if he did T T

urgh.. my post is so inconsistent. i keep saying YB, then TY.. aish XD

Guest xloserr

=O a taeyang thread!!! i hope he doesnt like leave big bang tho, big bang is like different without him :[ its sorta not fair that he has his own minialbum, but its great(: lol

Guest Silverfox118

Taebin released a solo album

And he's still with 1TYM

I wouldn't worry about it

^ AGREE. And also, I have a feeling they're really loyal to YG. For example, have you guys heard about

Gummy

and her offer?

And I have the same feeling about

Se7en

too. GD and YB spent their whole childhood with YG. It wont make sense if they leave.

Guest ;deuce

@bashful_harmony: YAY.

Hahah, I went to their channel and asked them why his MVs weren't up there. > w <

But I made a typo. But whatever. They're up~

Yay. x'D

Guest melodygreenleaf

As for all the comments comparing Omarion and Taeyang, they actually do have some merit.

The choreographer for Omarion was in charge of making the dance for Taeyang's solo performances. That would include the MVs as well.

The comparison with Omarion was actually done purposely.

(I'll see if I can translate the article about the choreographer this weekend if no one gets to it ^^)

xingg: I completely agree with everything you wrote in your rant.

yay! Taeyang's new album! <33

To tell the truth, I did'nt have much likings for taeyang to begain with,

hes always so quiet.

but after i watched the mv! Im IMPRESSED, his songs are sorta similar to christ brown's Forever,

but in a way i think it has more flavors to it.

I just wished they didn't make his voice to electronic, he hid his beautiful voice!

XD

yeee youngbae FTW!

I think Jiyong looked too hot in taeyang's mv. AHAHA <333333333

yay!

Guest xocutiex07

its okay. there's always gonna be opinions. i mean no one is liked by everyone. i don't mind the haters.

i guess we should respect their opinions too right?

you can fangirl here with us! haha.

but he does have talent....most people can't dance like that. can't sing like that....and he is definately not acting black....

wtf??? music is music right? there's no nationality in music. i know musicians when they make music they want everyone to enjoy it...

i hate it when people put a race on music..."its black music" "its white music" "its asian music"

like is said music is music...its the most universial thing in the world.

creativity is shared. its not like Taeyang plagirized the songs. he just took the style...and i have the say listening to all the hip hop/rnb on the radio, they're all crap....all they talk about is money guns and s3x.

sure, taeyang took the rnb/hip hop style, but he definately put his own flare in it.

hehehe. will fangirl with you guys here instead. and yeah its so annoying how they say its black music blah blah blah. i hate the fact that just cause he's asian, he can't do the so called "black music." hiphop/r&b is just a genre that he loves and excels in. personally i think people made those comments because they couldn't find anything LEGIT wrong with him. talent and looks wise! ;) i almost wanted to reply to all the negative comments, but restrained myself lol. i mean constructive criticism is always helpful, but some people are just overboard or closed minded! whatever, i'll just stay away from stuff like that so i don't get my self worked up for no reason. :)

He's aposed to perform it at the Daegu concert ^^

YB has always been out of the spotlight despite his talents because of his reserved(?) nature. He doesn't get as much exposure as the other boys..but now its his turn to shine :) I mean you see TOP branching out to acting.. GD producing/composing/writing songs.. SR is getting into acting too, and Daesung showing up on Variety shows. Where does YB fit in? ^^;; So he gets his own minialbum! ahah XD

I don't think he'd leave Big Bang..lol. I would cry if he did T T

urgh.. my post is so inconsistent. i keep saying YB, then TY.. aish XD

so true. he's always so shy and stuff so it doesn't get much attention like the other guys. and like you said other members have their distinct image/thing going on so its nice to see YB do his thing. and ... very well haha. needless to say. YB, GD, YG, and etc have really outdone themselves!!

and i personally don't think that people should be worried about him leaving BB ...since BB is still relatively new and they're doing SO well as a group.

Guest ...:chau:...

YB has always been out of the spotlight despite his talents because of his reserved(?) nature. He doesn't get as much exposure as the other boys..but now its his turn to shine smile.gif I mean you see TOP branching out to acting.. GD producing/composing/writing songs.. SR is getting into acting too, and Daesung showing up on Variety shows. Where does YB fit in? ^^;; So he gets his own minialbum! ahah XD

i think like you too....Now he shines bright than ever before..it's Yb era now..Now YB got his own BIg world.I think YG had prepared this for YB a long time ago and that's why he didnt do stuff like other BAngs like acting, prosucing, hosting...he put efoort ib this album and now it just pays off his hard work.I wonder if YG has the same plan for SR and DS???

Some of his album pics

c0017322_4835c345839b3.jpg

c0017322_4835c44fd16a8.jpg

c0017322_4835c44fd16a8.jpg

c0017322_4835c45826f49.jpg

c0017322_4835c45be725f.jpg

credit: popcornfor2

Guest sweetsorrow

aw man...they closed the Big Bang thread..that totally sucks, i understand the YB spaz was going a bit over the top but c'mon YB is still apart of Big Bang..its not like he left the group and became a soloist, he's still there and affects Big Bang in every single way...gah....i guess im just a little mad

YB has always been out of the spotlight despite his talents because of his reserved(?) nature. He doesn't get as much exposure as the other boys..but now its his turn to shine I mean you see TOP branching out to acting.. GD producing/composing/writing songs.. SR is getting into acting too, and Daesung showing up on Variety shows. Where does YB fit in? ^^;; So he gets his own minialbum! ahah XD

omg totally agree with u there gurl....before his solo stuff i was getting annoyed at the lack of limelight on YB..yes he's shy but he can be goofy and funny and adorable given the chance...u saw all the other members doing something else besides being in the band except for YB...now i am SO HAPPY...YB has finally proved everyone that he's just as good without the band and personally, i think he's even better as a soloist..now we can see ever single one of his performer qualities come out

I wonder if YG has the same plan for SR and DS???

at the moment i dont see SR and DS having much potential as soloist.....dont worry i aboslutely love the two and i think they're great singers and performers..but seeing the amount and years YB has put into getting a solo album, i feel as though SR and DS dont have that package "yet"....they may eventually...i see SR making it big in acting and DS will eventually find his second true calling (singing is always first)....but i cant see them carrying out a whole solo album....and they would have ALOT to live up to after YB's solo.....