[drama 2009] Triple 트리플

Guest MWshin

Has anyone imagined how haru's father is going to feel?

Remember, Hwal's father is the man that took haru's father's wife away from him

Honestly, I don't like this whole hwal-haru thing.

Hwal is at an age where he has to get married/ is married whereas haru is supposed to be experiencing puppy love and high school relationships. She doesn't even have any friends at school (since she barely ever goes)

If she was in college (18) and this love connection was going on I'd be all for it and the age difference doesn't even matter, but this is a child. In the real world, everyone would be calling hwal a child molester.

I don't know this drama is going the typical path so it got boring for me

Hopefully it will get better down the road and I will watch it later on...

I really liked it in the beginning before the whole hwal and haru stuff went on :(

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest susukiss

Calling all Ji Poongho (Song Joongki) fans!

I'm doing a small birthday project for Song Joongki's 25th birthday.

I will be going to his fanmeeting/birthday party on September 20th.

For his birthday present, I am planning to give him a small booklet of letters written from international fans (Soompiers)!

I have no idea if I'm allowed to post this here. TOT

But please, if you are the least bit interested, please PM me!

Letters can be short or long, handwritten or typed, etc.

Thank-you!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest yobiworld

Hopefully Japanese people will appreciate this slice of life drama hopefully have better ratings. OH and the men look sooooo cute with that teddy bear. :lol: :lol:

• 1 month later...

Love all the storyline and the theme of the serie.

This director really know human conscious and emotion..

All actor and actress are great.

Don't bother with the poor rating.

Rating and good drama are not related.

Please give it a trial!!!! :D:D

I really like your thoughts Bamidele...good observation

This drama is really well written, the director's execution is nicely done and the acting (for some) is excellent. I honest think that this drama is really for mature audience only. I say this because of what the characters are experiencing and going through, I personally think that you have to be a really mature person with an open mind to really enjoy and appreciate the characters and their emotions. Again, people are uncomfortable with the possible love line of Hwal and Haru, while I have been a support of them not because I favor them more over the pairing of Haru and Poong Ho, but because they have more chemistry and it is just natural to see them together. Society have seem and excepted older men dating and marrying younger women so it's really nothing new, but I guess the idea of being ex-step siblings are bothering people. I say just watch and enjoy this great drama for what is it. Whatever happens will happen and who knows the story can take a 360 degree spin into a whole different direction. Tomorrow is Wednesday =)

I hope the cast and crew are not disappointed that the drama's ratings are so low. They should be proud of their work, regardless of ratings. They are bringing joy into my life every Wednesdays and Thursdays =D.

After finished "Triple".

I'm 100% with you.

One of my favorite serie. :):):):)

Adorableness can only get you so far in life. Adorableness should not be the mere fact that Haru should like him. I don't see sparks when Haru and Poong Ho are together, if anything they seem more like silibings than Haru and Hwal does.

Again age should not be a factor in this at all. She is legal and so is he. When we first meet a guy the first thing we think of is not age, we don't go up to him and ask him his age and when he is considered to old for us we stop in our tracks, no we don't do that.

Love causes us to do stupid immature things. Sometimes we regret them as Haru did when she confess to Soo-In that she was the one that threw the CD away. Haru does not set out to cause others harm because she is evil, she is 18 and has just discovered a whole new set of feeling she has never felt before its only normal that she react like this. We all don't act mature when it comes to love and believe me people in their 50 can act way more like 10 year old when it comes to love.

Yes! Yes! Yes!

couldn't agree more. :D:D

• 3 weeks later...

so i only stumbled upon this drama from the withs2 website by chance, but decided to give it a try anyway since it's about figure skating :D

honestly i'm glad i found ppl who like the drama from this thread. i felt bad that the drama has such low viewership. i find it so realistic and unpretentious. it's not formulaic in the usual dramatic ways. and i love the witty sarcasm coming from the dialogues.

my impression on min hyorin has also improved quite a bit. first of all, she skates! lol. secondly, she's not a shabby actress. in fact, i think her performance was a lot better than some of the other young actresses in recent years. although her character isn't a very complex one to portray, i'm glad she did it naturally without being unnecessarily cutesy like current trends. her cheerfulness, naivety, selfish tantrums, all seemed real. perhaps it's also to the scriptwriter's credits, but i felt that her feelings for hwal was so genuine. whether it was puppy love or not, whether it'll last or not, it was true and real at the moments she expressed them. when she talks to hwal, i felt like she's really talking to him, like she's totally set her heart and eyes on him. i've watched so many other dramas where the whole thing is so scripted i just :rolleyes:.

hmm... so yeah, the ending. when hwal met her at the uni, and she says "i thought if i see you, my heart would suffer" ... is that the literal translation? as in "i thought my heart would suffer, but it doesn't anymore", therefore she cries to bid goodbye to her first love? i thought i saw haru's heart shifting toward pungho in the end. and although i know hwal likes her (and has enough logic to not encourage her, bless his heart), perhaps her feelings for him were just "love at 18" as hwal himself predicted?

p.s. hyuntae <3

Guest yobiworld

hamster428 I never thought about it like that maybe that's why Hwal never expressed his true feelings to Haru.

Like you said TRIPLE was sooooo refreshing to watch im glad the director decided to step away from the cliche drama trends and try something new. My only hope is that the director or writers continue to do drama like this one.

Does anyone know if TRIPLE DID Well in japan????

^yobiworld - yeah, i went back to read previous posts and it seems that's what others are getting from it too.

Finally figured out with I felt so uneasy with the whole Hwaru thing. I'm not one to have qualms about age difference or faux-relative relationships. What I did have a problem with was the fact that Haru really treated Hwal as a true brother, not as a brother figure like Hyuntae or Haeyun, but a brother with familial ties. So for her to develop romantic feelings for Hwal without having a flinch was the true disturbance. I'm not asking her to give up her feelings, I'm only wishing she had given it some more thoughts. Even if she kept tabs of the fact that they're not blood-related somewhere behind the whole oppa act, it still takes a little internal conflict to convince oneself things like that are okay. Most people would've been confused if not horrified. And then they'd try to repress their feelings, or reason things out, agonize over the situation, and eventually the time comes for acceptance of their new feelings. Haru never did any of that. Hwal did. He did so even though he was the one to have never recognized her as a sister. Their earlier sibling bonding, IMO, wasn't really sibling bonding for him. I think she was more like a pet. Haru was to Hwal at that point what Wal was to Haru. A fuzzy cute thing that makes you happy. And in return you want to keep it close and treat it well. So although I still applaud her for having bold, passionate emotions, I feel they were also careless. She was careless with them since the beginning and that was why it all felt wrong and sad. "It shouldn't (because of the way her feelings was conceived), and it wouldn't" was why watching their story so difficult. Yet I hoped and the inevitable still came. If that was the way the writer intended the character of Haru to be, then I like her a lot less. Oh well, will be moving onto a happier drama. Triple makes me think much, and I have a love-hate relationship with it now.

Does anyone know if TRIPLE DID Well in japan????

Hi yobiworld :)

Checked with my Japanese friend, Triple is being aired in Japan via cable TV (not free TV). It means that everyone cannot watch this movie. So sad she's not sure whether the rating is good or not. Anyway, I wish Japaneses were open-minded and liked this fresh & natural drama.

Hello hamster 428. To me, I just sat on couch watching this drama and let the drama take me along with the story. I seldom got into the character in details. Until I read many postings in this thread, wow...it's awesome, I honestly feel that you gals guide me and teach me how to have fun while watching the drama. :)

Thank you for sharing your thought with us.

Sharing you some nice gifs:

14001.gif10047.gif

10051.gif11039.gif

13026.gif13049.gif

14005.gif05114.gif

cr: cyworld/shipper79

Guest shinkanzen

After i saw this series. i really love Hwal and Haru couple. i think Min Hyo Rin is really cute.

even this drama is low rating but for me, this a best one drama.

i really like it

• 4 months later...
Guest MissTJune

I like Triple, i like cast) So breeze and fresh drama. Love Haru and Hwal and Hyun Tae))) Good job!

Guest A!*1430268765

I know that a lot of viewers thought the storyline was

getter weirder as the drama progressed. However, I

enjoyed the novelty very much. I think all the actors

did an extraordinary job at portraying their respective

characters. A Lee JungJae, Yoon KyeSang, and Lee SunKyun

collaboration can never go wrong. Haha!

• 2 months later...
Guest miss_ardes

I've read the entire pages for three days n I must say I'm entraordinary impressed on ur thoughts/inner dephts thought...

What an experience watching all the great cast come together live on a drama series:) (and the chance I can see them again by re-watching it is a pleasure)

Even I was hoping to see hwal-haru ending together, my mind keep arguing that hwal knew haru would change, as much as he hoped haru would stay loving him as a man, he knew she would'nt. But its never in his right mind that it turned out he was the one who would fall in love with her deeply. When he realized he loved her as a woman, I think it is wise of him not to state it directly to her and let Haru letting him go (do I make sense here?) by approving all her decisions...

The last two eps were, hmmmm what should I say, not that unexpected. You know when you hope for one thing but both your mind n heart tell u its the opposite...

its dissapointing but its real. Oh Hwal,it takes a courage to not say a word when u know that word will change everything...:)

And the acting, wow! WOW! Its like watching through expressions (I mean w/ Hwal) Lee Jung Jae is that good! Its like those great authors who only use words to stirr up our emotions. Triple gives me those feelings while watching n looking at LJJ. His eyes, lips, n hands tell me more than words. Of course, the others have done their parts. Sigh, and yeahhh I just found out this drama last week in dramabeans web.

Triple is great!

Thank you for your postings:)

Its been my pleasure reading them all...

Archived