Skip Beat Live Action Taiwan Upcoming Drama

Guest shinhaku

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Merit

@Merit really? wah....cant wait to download all the episode available, yesterday while downloading the ep2, my connection fail me again...arg.....

done with episode 1, OMG Shang is no bad, NO MORE LOVE SHANG~~~~~~!!!

I do want them to extend the drama more than 13 or 14 epis but at the same time I don't want the drama to drag. I want to see Gong Xi and Lian's story progress. I'm not sure within a couple of more episodes is going to do it justice. The more I watched Shang the more I like him, but I just don't like him with Gong Xi. I don't know if it's Donghae that makes his character likable to me even if Shang is a thoughtless richard simmons from time to time. I guess, he's one of those character that I love to hate but can't.

Guest Merit

Siwon is definitely (Ren) handsome in this episdoe. To me, the more the drama goes the more he gets into character. I really love Siwon as the teacher in Dark Moon. Though, for some reason I feel like this episode is short. I am praying to the drama god that it is longer than 14 episodes, even if it's unlikely but praying nonetheless LOL. I think, there are so many things that needed to be squared away and 1 or 2 more episodes will seem rush and I don't like rush ending.

OMG!!! The preview for next week is making me anxious for it. I wonder how they are going to wrap it up though? Will they make it obvious that she is going to choose one of them (though, like I've mentioned before from just watching the drama up to this point, it is directed at Lian) So, I hope that is the case since I do like their relationship better.

Donghae makes me like Shang and even if he's a jerk he's still a likeable jerk but I just don't like him enough for Gong Xi LOL. But once he realized his mistake I think he's genuine about it. This drama does show how good of an actress Ivy is, she's such a talented girl. The ending must be satisfying....since the drama is short. Oh, by the way, I so adore Lian's manager. He is as cute as a button. The way he shipped Lian/Gong Xi is just priceless.

Guest PBaddict

I don't think they confirmed how many episode it is going to be. Iam thinking 15 or 16 tho.

I wish you were right. :) I couldn't find confirmation anywhere about the number of episodes, but judging by the flow of the story I don't think they can satisfyingly wrap things up if the next epi is the last one. I can only hope that it won't be as abrupt an ending as the anime had.-_-

Also I may sound greedy but I have to say as a HUGE Skip Beat fan (read and re-read the manga countless times, watched the anime) I do yearn for a second season with this cast... somehow I got to Love each and every one of them, the manager and Lian especially. I don't say this often because one of the reasons I like kdramas and twdramas is that (unlike American tvshows) they usually have a beginning and an end and no cliffhanger endings making me crazy until the next season. But knowing how much material the manga that is still ongoing has I can't help but wish to see my favourite scenes from there to be played out by this cast. But if they give me a satisfying ending with both GongXi and Lian being able to open their hearts for each other and to love again, I won't mind the show having only 1 season. :rolleyes:;)

Guest Merit

I've been a lurker for the whole series.... But just watched ep 11 and ep 12 and OMG. I've finally fallen in love with this series!!!! Not a moment too soon. ^^""""

To be honest, I didn't think Siwon had it in him from the trailers, but now, I truly believe he deserves that role as Ren. :) Ivy cracks me up, Bianca has been the best I've ever seen her, and same with Hae.

And the manager... LOVE the dude. ^^

He just weiboed this picture... cute right? kkkk.

*quoted image*

From the looks.. it was during the time Siwon got drunk (maybe because of his grandmother).

One more (? a few more?) episode left!!! They better freaking make a season 2. I hope there's plans for SJM to promote in Taiwan in the upcoming year.. That way, SiHae can go there and film.

Thanks for the pic...Ivy is tiny and so adorable. So envious of her, she looks so young being older than Hae/Siwon. I think this was the farewell party of the drama. Siwon was only tipsy but Donghae was actually the one that got drunk. I agree with you, Siwon was really Ren in episode 12. I wish it was longer or at least have a proper ending.

Guest Shio_Chinsuko

I think Skip Beat was supposed to have 14 episodes, but it seems they added one more episode <33

That's what I got by guessing what's written on tw-wikipedia ^^

The airing date for the next drama, Absolute Boyfriend, was already decided for April 1st, but now there are different dates on each site...

So let's hope it's really one more episode for Gong Xi and Lian ^^

Guest Heaven11

I am absolutely loving this drama. Just finished watching Ep12, Ivy is just so hilarious and all the different expressions she does.

I actually want to see Dark Moon, lol (I wonder if they'll make a proper series of that to watch biggrin.gif).

The episodes just fly by, it really doesn't feel like you've watched an hour long episode.

Guest Shio_Chinsuko

Wait... so does that mean it's going to be 15 episodes now?

Haha, I should be happy, but I want more!! more!!! It's just starting to get really really good.

I hope the drama is successful enough in Taiwan that they'll make a seaons 2. :)

Btw... I see it's your first post! congrats on posting for the first time with this account! ^^

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the way, I just checked on our viewership ratings.. and it's not bad. It's not super high, but we're doing decent, and in 2nd positions. :)

Not enough to guarantee or justify a second season, but not too low that it's completely out of the picture either. I guess it all depends on how strongly the fans will be demanding the second season. The only few tw idol dramas I can remember having a 2nd season is ISWAK, Meteor Garden/Meteor Rain (both had crazy high ratings) and the rest is more like a spin-off (KO.1 for example).

*quoted image*

Good thing is that it has been going up more or less for the past few weeks. ^^ And that compared to our premiere, we've improved. :)

As a comparison, you can check here:

http://showbiz.china...5137,tv,00.html

*quoted image*

4 and above is crazy high.

3-4 is a major success.

2-3 is very good.

1.5 - 2 is decent, on the lower end.

1-1.5 - disappointment

1 and below - unsuccessful

Haha, yeah, I just made an account, I was following your discussion some time though, and really wanted to join. So I thought I'll join with this good news^^

Right, it's 15 episodes now.

http://zh.wikipedia.....A6.96.E6.92.AD

I wonder how they can do it, because I thought in Taiwanese productions normally everything is  finished before the first episode has its premiere... But I won't complain, at least we get one more episode...

The wiki-page for Absolute Boyfriend hasn't been edited, yet. But on their official facebook page the date is April 8th, that's why I think it's really true^^

The ratings aren't bad either, I wonder if it's enough for a second season... I guess it's pretty expensive the two Korean top-stars, have to translate everything on set and so on...

I just finished the 12th episode as well, and as always I enjoyed it very much. I wasn't expecting that I'd like this drama so much :)

Guest Merit

I love episode 13. But it seemed so short though because the moment I started feeling giddy about Gong Xi and Lian it ended. I seriously hope that they do a second season for this drama. I enjoy the innocent of Gong Xi when it comes to her relationship with Lian. She seemed to be in her own little world when it comes to them. If they ever decided to do another season let it be soon so they can use the same cast. I can't see anyone playing them. Ivy as Gong Xi would be the hardest to replace. Her facial expressions is just hilarious. Yes, the elevator scene is one of my favorite. The way she screamed when she saw Lian was epic and I have watched it many times and I still laughed.

I think being second place is not bad, it's better than the near bottom. But I guess, Siwon and Donghae is too busy touring and stuff while the others probably have other dramas and such to work on. So getting them all at the same time might be a bit hard. If they can't do another Skip Beat at least have another drama with the three (Ivy, Siwon and Donghae) I really like their chemisty. Even if Donghae doesn't have that many scenes with Ivy but when they do, I enjoy it. I kind of see their friendship on screen rather than the enemy they are supposed to be. LOL

Guest PBaddict

non-manga readers be aware of possible spoilers!!!

Oh my... how I loved ep 13 and the preview (that has my all time favourite scene - the Emperor of the Night hugging her tightly on the floor made me start re-reading the manga from that part... so much more material to choose from the unexpected love arc and the valentine arc, I wish they made a 2nd season including the "Beagles" rivalry with Sho :D  /Vie Ghoul/).

Anyways I hope they make opportunity for a kiss in the drama though cuz that is one thing we still haven't seen in the manga, Lian deserves it :) Can't wait for next week to see our OTP practising in Lian's house. :phew::wub:

Archived