►►YG________♠ 21 (2NE1) Official Thread ♫♪

Poop-Shoop-A-Loop

I'm loving 'Can't Nobody'! The shorter teaser didn't really show it justice.

I actually love everything that's been teased so far :D

But at the top has to be 'It Hurts', idk it's just really good without even trying.

Autotune or not, kpop is changing, you can either fight it and keep being disappointed or join in on the fun.

I can't wait for my CD!!

• Replies 39.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CAN'T NOBODY LONGER TEASER

It's not as bad,but it doesn't

create that 'boom' factor in it

like 'It hurts' or 'Clap your hands'.

What I am thankful for is that BOM's

part are not being autotuned OR it will

be a pity . :rolleyes:

Nontheless,I still love the teasers to 'It Hurts(with

their unique style in vocals) & 'Clap Your hands'

which exudes powerful rapping skills and beats.

On the happy note, D-2!!

Guest hasuike

i actually think that Can't Nobody is preferably for Western ear that's why they also made an english version of it,..

clap your hands is to keep their hiphop style,..

and go away,.. hmmm,.. what's on Go away??? is it like their usual style? *curious*

It hurts is a ballad song,..

Guys,.. remember that the concept of the album is to show the versatility of 2NE1,.. means to show different kinds of music not only sticking for one,..

Guest sweetflower

Usually I don't like girl groups that much because of the overly cutesy image they portrayed, but 2ne1 was the exception. Although I'm not their fan, but their mini-album in 2009 was extremely well done and all the songs were catchy - so I was anticipating a lot for this album too. BUT...

Speaking from a non-fan perspective - So far, I'm not impressed with the teasers for the title songs. Yes, I do understand the concept that we shouldn't judge a song by a 30sec preview (ex. GD's HB), but I was hugely dissappointed after listening to the 1min20sec preview of Can't Nobody (keep in mind that a typical song length is around 3-4 minutes, so a 1min20sec preview is almost half of the song already). I honestly just don't understand how and why it was chosen as one of the title song. I'm not going to complain about the autotune overload (since that's fairly obvious), but what I'm going to complain about is the lack of structure and direction of Can't Nobody - it threw me off cuz I thought I was listening to a combination or remix of 2 songs instead of 1.

Another thing that I did not like about this upcoming album is the fact that it's so heavily influenced by Teddy. I was NEVER a huge fan of Teddy or his compositions, so it was quite dissappointing to see the album's credits (COMPOSED/ARRANGED/PRODUCED: TEDDY) for all 3 title songs. I said this quite often, but too much of Teddy is not always a good thing. My biggest problem with him is not cuz he's the autotune rainbow (since autotune, if used correctly, is <3), but the fact that almost all his songs sound very similar to each other, and after awhile, it becomes redundant. It's understandable since he's overworked, and supposedly he's in USA resting + getting new inspirations right now, but I can't help but think that he's prolly burnt out by the time he got around to producing 2ne1's album before his long-overdue vacation. To YG, why the heck are you not utilizing your other producers?!?

Despite what others may say, I'm very thankful that GD is 100% in charge of BB's upcoming korean album, I absolutely want NO part of Teddy in their album.

Guest Michala01

^^^

You said everything I wanted to say but was too inarticulate to put into words. I'm in the same boat as you. I'm a fan of 2NE1 but not a stan yet. I'm hoping this album will turn me into a full blown Blackjack.

I think I will like 'Clap Your Hands' and I'll wait for the album to come out before I say much more but 'Can't Nobody' is all over the place. The break between the verse (doesn't sound like a verse either) and the chorus is pretty atrocious. I don't mind the chorus as much but even choruses aren't meant to sound THAT repetitive. When I saw the track listing for this album and that almost all the songs were arranged/produced/written by Teddy my heart sank a bit. He hasn't been doing his best work for quite some time now. YG has so many talented producers he could use and yet he didn't. I would have liked to have heard a song GD had written for the girls.

Anyhow, I'll wait to judge of course cause I haven't heard the album but I hope their next album has more collaborators when it comes to composition and writing of the music.

@sweetflower: wow thank you very much for saying that about Teddy

and good luck to GD's compositions and BB's album

yes, im being a lit sarcastic. just a little ^^ coz i also want them to succeed

ok, back to 2NE1

30 sec Cant Nobody didnt do it for me. but this one did ^^ and it's weird coz the part that keeps repeating is the chorus which i shouldve had from the first teaser, right? LOL

Dara's part isnt too heavily autotuned. everyone was saying in Fire teasers that hers are autotuned but it's not really. the autotuned part is only the end, the "yeah yeah" part.

i see the reason why they chose to have this in English. I'm hopeful it's gonna sound even better in full. ^^ honestly, im tired seeing these Teddy is this and that. a lot of my fave from 2NE1 and Taeyang's are his so im wishing for the best and staying positive ^^

I really like the variety we're having so far. im sooooo excited with Go Away. just seeing the photos, i think it'll be my favorite even though i absolutely adore Clap. lol. im so happy seeing the girls with instruments. they can play those? Minji on drums? i hope they're really playing them and not just props. lol. but they look so cool ^^

120k preorders! yey! im sooo happy! i know the girls will sell because not only do they have fans who love them as idols, they also got those who appreciate them for the music they make. Just like I Dont Care which pretty much became an anthem to Korea's summer, I hope there's one of the three that becomes that for 2010. perhaps it's Go Away ^^ i'll just cross my fingers ^^

Guest itszmaeee

I'd be lying if I say I was surprise to see Teddy producing 80% of the songs on their full album. To be honest, I'm thankful that Teddy is producing for our girls. All of the songs he's composed and produced are big hits, but I can't fully judge Can't Nobody because I haven't heard the full song. But my judgement for now is....the song just not appeal to me. It's not too americanized [like others keep on saying], but there's this certain style to it that I can't bring myself to like for now. I don't blame the girls nor Teddy. I'm not too worried about other people's opinions because I respect that everyone have different perspectives. Plus it's good and nice to see that others are saying their opinions maturely. Sometimes it gets complicated with the constant bashing or saying things out of context or bringing in other groups. Anyways, the LIVE PERFORMANCES is what usually gets me to LOVE the songs and my instinct is telling me that I'm just typing this with a confused and tired brain. So with that said, I can't wait for the full songs to be performed live. Its usually what steals your breath away by looking at their charisma and immerse by their awesome vocals.

And about Teddy...GO TAKE A LONG LONG LONG RELAXED AND NICE BREAK! We'll miss you though<3

Guest funkdreamer

I, for one, really enjoy [Can't Nobody] A LOT! Yes, Bom's part does have that disco thing but then it transits to a really futuristic sound in the chorus, I think that was what the effect was for. I think seeing the MV, people will change their minds about the songs as well. MVs does wonders. [Try To Follow Me]'s MV was so epic I love the song so much more now. Hopefully they can top that! hahaha...I think [Go Away] may actually be like [i Don't Care] but I hope they do not follow the same formula of tracks. I mean so far, [it hurts] and [Can't Nobody] have shown that they can sing in a different genre yet retain something 2NE1-ish about it (which is their Attitude in singing..which i LOVEEE).

I positive about it :)

28 MORE HOURS PEOPLE!

It was my feeling when I heard "I Don't Care" the first time, cuz it was different from "Fire" and after that, the song grows on me and now I play it everyday ;p

About "Can't Nobody" new teaser, umhhh, honestly, it hasn't been grown on me, the style's really different, but after Bom's voice, Dara's rap gives me a fresh feeling, and I'm start liking it. Can't wait to hear the full album xD

D-1, BJs, are you ready xD

We should have a party before the moment our ladies release their album, maybe I can't sleep at tomorrow's night :P

P/s: DJ Yigytugd released his remix album titled "2NE1 Forever", worth hearing ^^ http://yigytugd.wordpress.com/2010/09/05/september-2010-updates/

u know i completely understand people not feeling Cant Nobody. it's my least fave. but please lay off a little with Teddy. remember when he was asked to go to the US, and he declined because accdg to him it's important that he knows who he's working with? i respect him a lot for that. and i have faith that he knows what he's doing knowing the girls capabilities. so far, whatever he and YG is doing is pushing the girls to evolve with their music. if it fails, well, that's life. the highs and lows are all part of the fandom. and our girls need this. if they're really good then they'll make any music daebak. a lot of haters or maybe just doubters say that 2NE1 is only popular because theyve got catchy music. that if their music were given to other artists, those artists will be as popular as them. i disagree completely. ive heard a lot of REALLY good music from other kpop artists, so good, i wish 2NE1 sang it, but these songs werent hits which tells u a lot about singing, performing, and charisma. our girls have worked so hard and theyre gonna bring it! it's almost here!!!!!! no need to be feeling down and all, ok? so everyone just be happy and confidently look forward to seeing our girls again!

@funkdreamer

i actually wanted another I Dont Care with Go Away but u have a point there. ^^

let I Dont Care be I Dont Care

and Go Away be Go Away

i just want 2NE1 to surprise us. make us love music that we didnt think we'd love. that makes a true artist

Guest pumcake

Not feeling Can't Nobody. I don't know why. I just don't feel it. But I'm still waiting for the full song. I bet it is so much better than the teaser alone. :)

2 more days before the full album comes out! <3

EPIC COMEBACK.

Guest key_love

heard the exteded teaser of can't nobody

sandara's part sounds like bbri bop a of narshaspecially the first phrases

the "can't nobody,can't nobody" part

Guest pumcake

2NE1TV Season 2, is it gonna air tonight??

Pshhhh. We have been waiting for this, and yet.. we don't know if it's gonna air tonight or what.

Guest babiiv214

Thanks for posting all the new teasers! pics!

YG is keeping fans more and more excited with all these~

Soo far.. from the three teasers released

Clap your Hands top the list~ :wacko:

I've been replaying it nonstop after release~ LOL!

I can't wait to hear the full song! plus the MV of course

I am soo inlove with Dara's part! that totally surprise me!

Thank goodness she didn't shy away from rapping this time, wii!!

Dara, Minji and CL's raps, you got a whole variety of style right there

they each got their style and flow, daz right! :P

Goddess D!! Wow!! her piercing eyes! Soo Gorgeous~

it's one of her best asset and I love how she can convey a thousand emotions with it~

very Dramatic eyes indeed~

I love how different and versatile the girls all look in different MV

Gorgeous D from one alluring, stunning Lady in the blue dress then completely change into a wild, fierce and beastly? LOL! yeah, she got that down perfectly in their military look~

the rest of the girls transformations are really well-thought off as well~ :wub:

I hope to see more teasers tomorrow! LOL!

Wanna see more Dara and Bom solo pics this time.. Park Sistaz loving~ :wub:

Aww.. I was hoping to see 2NE1's new show today, guess they haven't decided when it'll be back.. oh well, maybe next week then? :P

Archived