►►YG________♠ 21 (2NE1) Official Thread ♫♪

Poop-Shoop-A-Loop

Guest babymodz

as usual...

PEOPLE CHILL...

i totally agree with the statement that

'everyone has the right to voice their opinion'...

so here's mine.

i'm a YGfamily fan; meaning i love all of 'em (from 1TYM to YMGA to our girls)

that being said,

i do anticipate all the comebacks very much

& with news of BB's return this coming August

i am of course psyched!

i do understand why some of you are totally in rage

you miss the girls~

we all do...

but the thing with the current kpop scene is,

most of the artistes make comebacks too frequently

like you might have a goodbye stage in february

& release a new album in april & still be called a comeback!

you don't see that in Hollywood;

some artistes make music, promote & then wait till a year or two more

before releasing something new.

& you don't see fan complaining...

even back then in kpop,

1TYM last became active in 2005,

& now, FIVE YEARS LATER...

we still haven't heard anything from them -

they didn't even bother telling us if they're still together or not!

but no, some of the old kpop fans have been lying low

& waited.

i just wish some of the newer fans can learn to be more patient

you complain when the artiste is gone;

& you rage when the artiste is overworked.

not everyone can be pleased, i agree.

i'm one of the few that actually like the idea

of 2ne1 not being overly exposed to variety programs & such

i like the girls cos for once,

they're being promoted as musicians first,

before being known as stars who make people laugh on TV.

YG is a very successful producer;

he knows what he's doing better than us all.

we're just fans,

so let's do what we're supposed to be doing -

being supportive.

even if he makes us wait till 20 years or ban them from variety show altogether

i will still love them,

because i appreciate them as talents & musicians.

plus i don't mean to be too offensive,

but don't you think we sound whiny

complaining on and on about this?

let's all be classy fans,

& it doesn't matter who makes a comeback first -

even if you don't like the other YG family...

let's just be respectful;

either support or just sit and watch.

now, here's a .gif to make up for the long lecture...

155qqut.jpg

edit:

@mika.16

totally agree with you;

YG doesn't really have a lot of external support (the only one I knew was Mnet - but i think that's different)

he's got a good business mind

& i totally respect him for that

i know that he always puts 100% attention on all of his promoting artistes

& always involve in the promotion process

(like he kinda choreographed the IDC dance ... which is so cute!)

• Replies 39.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mika.16

eek as much as i wanna see 2ne1 back soon as well, i dont underestimate yg's marketing...

From what I heard YG is actually one of very few 'independent' labels....

unlike the 2 other most wellknown companies, yg doesnt have huge 'behind the scenes' support.

(they were once tried to get taken over by larger companies & yg refused... around 2006 i think.. thats when the rumors of big bang not being aired on gomtv or mnet started to circle)

YG & YG's younger/older brother own most of the shares in YG.... where as some other agencies, big commercial companies own alot of the shares.

ie. YG doesnt get that sort of commercial pressure from external people (well to the extent of others) and in return they dont get the same amount of support.

Everthing YG does has to be calculated carefully and timed accordingly because they cant afford to spend more than they earn.. atleast thats why i think they tend to promote only a few artists at a time.

As much as YG is a great producer, he is a great businessman.

He seems alot more hands on with the business side of his artists than many other celebrity CEOS

Guest lovebomvn

^

I love Big Bang too

But I think YG shoule make 2NE1 active more this time

Because they're still new.

They need more time to shine

I miss them so much

Guest cristina0422

Calm down people. I know where you guys are coming from. We all miss the girls so bad that's why I understand the complains but don't drag BB or other YG Family artists here. And don't compare YG artists from Idols of other agencies. Fans of other YG artists have waited for what? 2 or 3 years for the comeback. And they are patiently waiting still. I guess being a supporter of an artist that came from YG, we seriously need to know and learn the word "PATIENCE". It's a common knowledge for YG fans that YG artists really takes time to comeback. There's a lot of preparation for an album. Usually, artists have to prepare a year or two for a follow up album (if you are not in Korea). I would rather wait for an amazing album which consists of title track worthy songs than a mediocre album of one so-so song and others will be buried because it's not worth listening. And we all know that YG is not really good on promoting his artists at the same time. I don't know if it's a good thing or bad thing because like me who supports all YG artists, I can fully support them w/o being bias and heartbroken. I'm just happy that Blackjacks and VIPs are supporting each other, international fans should do too! Don't rant on other FC especially VIPs coz they're the one who supports the girls when they debut.

Don't get me wrong. I really want the girls comeback but as a fan, I'll just patiently wait. My love for them still the same if they comeback now or later. True love waits. Kekekeke. If the girls are already done with their album and YG just building up the anticiaption for the girls, I hope it won't take too long coz some fans are getting tired of waiting, especially if you are in kpop coz there's a lot of idols who's popping out every minute.

mika.16 has a good point regarding YG.

Guest sw8et_vietgurl

well hopefully 2ne1 will comeback before october

if they want to win awards at the MAMA

Guest blank_blank_cuti3

Calm down people. I know where you guys are coming from. We all miss the girls so bad that's why I understand the complains but don't drag BB or other YG Family artists here. And don't compare YG artists from Idols of other agencies. Fans of other YG artists have waited for what? 2 or 3 years for the comeback. And they are patiently waiting still. I guess being a supporter of an artist that came from YG, we seriously need to know and learn the word "PATIENCE". It's a common knowledge for YG fans that YG artists really takes time to comeback. There's a lot of preparation for an album. Usually, artists have to prepare a year or two for a follow up album (if you are not in Korea). I would rather wait for an amazing album which consists of title track worthy songs than a mediocre album of one so-so song and others will be buried because it's not worth listening. And we all know that YG is not really good on promoting his artists at the same time. I don't know if it's a good thing or bad thing because like me who supports all YG artists, I can fully support them w/o being bias and heartbroken. I'm just happy that Blackjacks and VIPs are supporting each other, international fans should do too! Don't rant on other FC especially VIPs coz they're the one who supports the girls when they debut.

Don't get me wrong. I really want the girls comeback but as a fan, I'll just patiently wait. My love for them still the same if they comeback now or later. True love waits. Kekekeke. If the girls are already done with their album and YG just building up the anticiaption for the girls, I hope it won't take too long coz some fans are getting tired of waiting, especially if you are in kpop coz there's a lot of idols who's popping out every minute.

mika.16 has a good point regarding YG.

I agree with you completely.

As for BB was "active" more than 2NE1 when they debuted, but I think we need to realized that it's two differnt situation. When BB debuted, they didn't instantly became "top" artist like 2NE1 did (although 2NE1 is still a rookie). I remember someone mentioned it before, that Big Bang was trial and error b/c YG never debuted idol singers. With 2NE1, he's using what was successful with BB, so it's different marketing strategies YG is using. As fans, I don't think we should argue about who's doing more, but just be patience. I'm sure YG has alot in store for us, but he is not just a CEO...he's a brother/dad to his artists. He has to make sure and fulfill what he promised to his artists/fans (and BB's contract is expiring next year, so this is the right time...) unlike other companies. This is the reason why we love him, so just be a little more patient. When the right time comes, 2NE1 will comeback. And I'm sure it won't disappoint with all the wait. XD

Guest wonderbang123

I agree with you completely.

As for BB was "active" more than 2NE1 when they debuted, but I think we need to realized that it's two differnt situation. When BB debuted, they didn't instantly became "top" artist like 2NE1 did (although 2NE1 is still a rookie). I remember someone mentioned it before, that Big Bang was trial and error b/c YG never debuted idol singers. With 2NE1, he's using what was successful with BB, so it's different marketing strategies YG is using. As fans, I don't think we should argue about who's doing more, but just be patience. I'm sure YG has alot in store for us, but he is not just a CEO...he's a brother/dad to his artists. He has to make sure and fulfill what he promised to his artists/fans (and BB's contract is expiring next year, so this is the right time...) unlike other companies. This is the reason why we love him, so just be a little more patient. When the right time comes, 2NE1 will comeback. And I'm sure it won't disappoint with all the wait. XD

I barely ever post here but i love 2ne1 as well as big bang. I honestly thing this is a really bad decision on YG's part. Yes 2ne1 got a lot of success real fast but using that as a safety blanket is not a smart move. People will start to get bored of them &move on. Just because they experienced success easier than most does not mean they can just sit around for a whole year &do absolutely nothing. They are still ROOKIES. They still have a lot to prove &improve. Honestly as much as a fan i am of them i have to say even im getting tired of waiting. Its not like they left fans wid soo many things. Theyve barely been on any variety shows even while theyre active &theyre not doing any side projects. basically they need to come back ASAP.

I rather wait a whole year without the girls if it means that the quality of their music is going to be amazing. Remember, when artists rush to get music out, we end up either not liking their music or hating that it seems that the music was not only rushed, but there was no passion to it. Also as it was pointed out, lets not bring BB or other artists here, it's not their fault to begin with. All of that is handled by their management.

Guest mae22

as for me I am a yg fam fan... Almost every cd n DVD I have r from yg fam artist.

I cAn understand the sentiments but it's not nice to drag other artist in this thread because it's 2ne1 not yg fam... It can cause fire I know everyone is entitled to their opinion but try to avoid dragging other names especially if It will be kinda negative.

May take on this yg is still going to release the girls album like cl said they album is ready they can even drop it Tom or it can be next yr. I understand the concerns about 2ne1 not getting into the light can cause them to loose fans. But I know those fans will still be there when they will make their comeback. 2ne1 had a very great success as a rookie not like any other groups who debuted before or after them. The pressure on yg and the girls is really on. They are expected to deliver. They received so many recognition it's hard because they r already on top of the competition when they started n d most difficult thing to do is staying on top. As a fan I'm willing to wait until the time comes. Like their seniors yg fam bb which also expected to deliver a great album. Yg has so much pressure on him. But I know and you might also feel it 2ne1 will come first because yg wants to end the yr with the bang. ;) so chill it's almost half of the yr we had been waiting for almost a yr they will make their comeback ;)

Guest itszmaeee

As for my past experience of being a YGF fan, I've learned many things. When YG announce 2NE1, or any other YG artist, will be stopping their promotions, it means no variety shows, radio shows, concert appearances and a whole year or so so preparation for a comeback on the down low. I know we are all impatient, but it is what it is. So far YG announced that SE7EN, Gummy and Big Bang are forsure coming back this year. I know I freaked out when I found out Big Bang is making their long awaited comeback and was simply hoping to see 2NE1 along those lines, but they nowhere there. I learned to pretty much just wait just like how I was for Big Bang when 2NE1 hasn't debuted yet. I learned to simply just trust the last minute announcements rather than an announcement made way back when then be completely disregarded due to the fact that they changed their plans or pushed back everything because something came up. YG, as frustrating as I am right now, I gotta admit I am extremely dissapointed not to hear from the girls at all [except MTVJ]. I just hope YG could've stopped releasing statements or news articles exaggerating about 2NE1's comeback back when they stopped promoting their mini album so everyone could've been patient and quietly just wait for 'an official article'. As a fan, I know I can wait. If the album is kept on being pushed till the end of this year, the album better be gooooood and beyond expectations. YGE have a nice expensive building, yet it seems like they dont have enough people working for them. Weird. Also sometimes I feel like 2NE1's popularity was tooo fast. Soon the hype will die down [not that I'm wishing for it] because of YG's decisions. If Big Bang is coming back late august-october, that means 2NE1 MIGHT come back december.

Guest Banana Peel

I barely ever post here but i love 2ne1 as well as big bang. I honestly thing this is a really bad decision on YG's part. Yes 2ne1 got a lot of success real fast but using that as a safety blanket is not a smart move. People will start to get bored of them &move on. Just because they experienced success easier than most does not mean they can just sit around for a whole year &do absolutely nothing. They are still ROOKIES. They still have a lot to prove &improve. Honestly as much as a fan i am of them i have to say even im getting tired of waiting. Its not like they left fans wid soo many things. Theyve barely been on any variety shows even while theyre active &theyre not doing any side projects. basically they need to come back ASAP.

I have to agree with you on a lot of points in your comment. I think their "hiatus" is a bit too long for a rookie, even if it means their quality of music would be better. Of course us loyal blackjacks would be willing to wait just fine, but how about those who barely got to know them? I just wish they would at least have 2ne1 TV season two because waiting for another possible five months is just a no no for me :(

Guest Seraphic_Gin

Calm down people. I sincerely think we should just try to get along with YG's strategies. Sure, he may have some flaws --- but it eventually works out. If it's playing out his talents one by one to avoid a clash, so be it. The only thing important here - is that they are a family of entertainers. The fans should act like one too. Like if it's Gummy promoting now, support her. If 2NE1 is, then support them.

I believe it's the amount of waiting that drives us all insane. But take note, 1tym's fans, Bigbang's fans, SE7EN's fans are all waiting. Not just the Blackjacks, so we all just have to stick up and wait.

The end part is what's most important anyway. And I we're fairly sure YG thinks of quality first than the number of times they do appear in shows.

Guest Zelle

wow

people really need to think first what they have to say

2NE1 hasnt been sleeping around! theyve been to LA and London. u can see them training in their trainer's me2days.

something is cooking, ok?

stop complaining and whining.

do u realize how long the other YG fans have waited?

when did Taeyang's fans get promised for a full album? what happened to that?

seriously, stop being kids.

look, being a Blackjack doesnt stop u from liking other groups.

go ahead and enjoy other genres of kpop.

but 2NE1 has to be 2NE1. and they are from YG so what you can do is just wait. if u can't then no one's stopping u from leaving. u can comeback when 2NE1 comes back with another hit. whatever suits u. but let me just say that VIPs are rejoicing right now. dont be such a killjoy. and dont make statements such us 2NE1 is just sleeping in their dorms. if ur threatened by other girl groups getting popular, well, that means ur not really a true 2ne1 fan because u have no faith on what these girls can bring.

in case u have forgotten, this girl group u are saying that are losing fans have:

CL - is there anyone in Kpop better than her ? ok, i could be biased, but really, she is a force to be reckoned with

Bom - the goddess Bom with that uniquely soulful voice, and that adorable 8D character,

Dara - the freshest faced hyper PR head who can capture any audience with her combination of chameleon-like expressions and her 4d character

Minji - so young yet already so sexy, and can dance out anyone. she's also a total package.

i know they will be back with a bang!

so just wait.

stop whining!

Guest hasuike

i will be patiently waiting for 2NE1 because i am pure blooded Blackjacks,.. hahaha

any simple updates from 2NE1 made my day,.. atlease Dara unnie keep us updated and stay close to the fans,..

1,2,3 years? i can wait for that,.. because I know it's worth to wait,..

2NE1 comebacks is a lot of pressure so they need to make sure that the new album and songs are going to surpass the success of the 1st album,.. people put a high expectations for their comebacks so for them it's a high pressures,..

so i will wait because I know it's hard to create a good quality music,.

stop being kid and be a little more understanding OK,..? :P

Guest big_tabi_bang

Blackjacks need to calm down. I love 2ne1 and Big Bang and the rest of yg. 2NE1 is not the only group in YG. YG needs to take care of other artists too. you guys said that everyone is getting bored of 2ne1 and they are loosing fans. How about big bang. they have been out of kpop for a year and you know how many fans they have lost. We hate YG when he makes us wait but love him when he send out our favorite artist. Patient is a virtue.

Guest blackjackVip

WOAH!...

...So after all this LONG waiting...2NE1 ain't coming back yet?! :angry: what the hell? seriously...YG!!! i hate u!!!...(sorry to say) some of u might hate me for saying that...but i can't help it! i'm a human too and i lose patience easily, not really a patient person. BUT i/we have been waiting for so damn long!! it's been a year already with nothing NEW?! what's up with that?

they are NEWBIES...they are not yet as succesful as Big Bang or Wonder Girls or DBSK and so on, i think they need more exposure now more than ever!!!

....please YG, give us some 2NE1 love!!!...T_______T they haven't even come out with a full album yet. this makes me even more displeased. <_<

Guest itszmaeee

I, for once, do not get YG's strategy with 2NE1. I don't want the girls to have a one-time fame, meaning they were popular in the beginning but they plop the next. I guess we should all calm down. This whole fiasco going on here will die down sooner or later. But to others who are patiently waiting, if it annoys you so much to hear other's impatient opinion, just respect it. Even though I was annoyed and still annoyed by YG's tactics, I'm hoping they give us something good. No not good, but beeeeeyond awesome.

2NE1 is a rookie afterall. From what I've seen and followed ever since new groups debut, their company go all out promoting them in the beginning which causes them to be overrated and too much exposure. 2NE1 is different and YG is one hella different company either. I'm crossing my fingers. 2NE1 WILL MAKE A COMEBACK THIS 2ND HALF. If YG's definition of "second-half-of-the-year-comebacks" is the end of the year, then I'll wait but my attention for the time being is still patiently waiting for 2NE1 and at the same time focus on other groups. Simple as that. I get that we get impatient and frustrated but let's all take a chill pill and if YG hear us out, then maybe just maybe he'll make the comeback early. Maybe he wont go with the february plan he had with se7en->taeyang->bigbang->2ne1. Maybe 2NE1 will go right after SE7EN. Who knows.

Guest dada

YG making an announcement

on BIG BANG's comeback

does not mean he neglected the girls.

Of course I am kind of upset

that there is no news about the girls' comeback.

& I have been like re-watching their performances

like no other.

Maybe around this corner

he will make another annoucement

regarding the girl's comeback.

Afterall YG is having more manpower

to allow him to promote more than 1 artiste

at a time.

On top of that,he know how much

powerful the girls are and I am sure

he would not just let it slip by.

On the side note,hopefully

DARA unnie update her me2day too

to tell us what they have been doing. ;)

Guest annefreaks

Why not discuss/get hyped up for this instead =)

Big Bang nominated for 2 awards while no-show for Dong Bang Shin Ki for upcoming MTV WS VMAJ

Big Bang gets nominated for 2 awards while Dong Bang Shin Ki will not be attending the upcoming MTV World Stage Video Music Awards Japan (WS VMAJ).

Coming 29th May, the MTV WS VMAJ will be held at 6pm in Tokyo Yoyogi National Stadium. And domestic group Big Bang has been nominated for the awards 'Best New Artiste Video Award' and 'Best Pop Video Award'.

Group Dong Bang Shin Ki has also been nominated for awards for the awards ceremony, however, they will not showing up at the event. In Japan, Dong Bang Shin Ki is currently undergoing dissolution. Ever since the discord between the 3 members of the group and their ageny SM Entertainment last July, the 3 members have been doing their individual activities in Japan, and in a while, they will be releasing an album as a trio unique group.

An official said, "There are no plans for them to attend the event. It is not an easy situation for all 5 of them to appear on stage together. And their Japanese agency AVEX has terminated the contract with SM Entertainment, the activities a 5-member Dong Bang Shin Ki in Japan is discontinued."

Group 2NE1 will be appearing for the award ceremony, doing the red carpet performance with Big Bang.

S:Newsen

C/trans: sookyeong (K-bites)

Archived