Blood+

Guest Mugen

After finishing off Speed Grapher, I wandered around looking for more new matured themed anime and I found Blood+ Watched the intro to the first episode, lots of decapitation and blood. Sucked me right in. biggrin.gif 

blood-blood-9502303-1024-768.jpg The music is also done by Hans Zimmer. Blood+ is based around the 60s where US troops were stationed in Japan. Mainly Okinawa and they are pretty significant to the plot. 
Plot:

Under the care of her adoptive family, Saya Otonashi has been living the life of an anemic amnesiac, but otherwise ordinary schoolgirl. However, her happy life is shattered when she is attacked by a Chiropteran, learning that she is the only one who can defeat them. Armed with her special katana, Saya embarks on a journey with her family, allies, and her chevalier Haji, to rid the world of the Chiropteran threat and recover her identity. The course of the journey reveals the background history of the Chiropterans and Saya's past, which extends into the mid-19th century.

The series is initially set in September 2005 Okinawa City (Koza), on Okinawa Island, near the US Kadena Air Base. Over the course of the series, Saya travels across the world, from Japan to Vietnam, Russia, France and finally the USA, fighting Chiropterans.

Volumes: 5 (Complete) http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=2455

Published by: Dark Horse Comics

Anime Episodes: 50

*This series has also games released

Didn't like the character design though of the main character. But backgrounds were beautifully done. In Japan, this is shown in TBS channel at 6. Go check it out
5209897c944af252c9824657d08d1e9a165f0396
Bloodfull266860.jpg
Saya_to_Tomodachi.png

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...
Guest luluchan

OOoo i didnt know there was a BLOOD+ thread in here~ seems like no one's interested! how come?? i think Blood+'s a good show~ i watch it every week!

Guest luluchan

^ I think shinsen subs stopped subbing i heard cuz Blood+ is licenced~~

I heard that bakakozou is still doing it~ i HOPE THEY CONTINUE! i like a lot!

lOLs I was watching this during new years eve and yeah it was getting to the part where shes in a dress frighting or whatever and all a sudden i heard some weird bang out side I got so scareed cause i assumed it was a robber or something but turns out it was just the fire works ahaha

Guest Nightmare

^ I think shinsen subs stopped subbing i heard cuz Blood+ is licenced~~

I heard that bakakozou is still doing it~ i HOPE THEY CONTINUE! i like a lot!

Shinsen-subs are still subbing it. They had some inner complication that lead to miscommunication.

Is this the anime based on Blood: The Last Vampire??

Sorta, but it's no related to it.

I stop watching this anime after that cheesy ball crap. Blood just became a drag to watch, and I was tired of the repeative plot lines.

Guest madeinktown

^at first, i didn't like it either, but the storyline is getting a lot more interestin. i'm just going to keep continuing it since i'm already 18 episodes in.

Guest knockblock

I've seen about 6 or 7 episode and it sucks. Someone tell me if it actually gets better. It's not something I thought it would be.

Archived