COPYCAT_Ayumi Hamasaki

Guest dongyao_

Guest azurel

no doubt some comparisons looks really similar

but some are just ridiculous

i like ayumi because she's a great song writer, and she wrote her songs, she even compose some of her songs

i found her amazingly talent

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Juli~<3

well when theres fashion, its pretty much all the same really. and well western music doesnt always flow into eastern territory, so maybe they think people will never know lol

Guest revontulet

the person on top of me sound really biased

jolin can sing IMO seriously

or its just a matter of taste

Man when it was jolin alot of people were "OMG she copy ayumi gosh she is such a copy cat"

but when its about ayumi copying

most of ya don't even care....don't look fair to me

any way I like ayumi and her songs alot and I really don't care whether who copy who as long as they sing well thats all that matter

but seriouly are we really going to be petty just because the music videos are alike

just because someone wear something first doesn't mean the next person to ever wear that is a copy cat.

Sure, I may be biased at times. But have you REALLLYY heard Jolin sing? And I mean live? I saw Jolin try to sing Utada Hikaru's First Love and she was barely audible and to add to that, she could barely hit the high notes <-- scratch that, her notes were way TOO high and kind of whiny sounding. Don't say Utada's a different singer than Jolin, because you know what, if you can't sing, you can't sing :) ANYWAYS, I'm not that big of a fan of Ayu, so consider me a devil's advocate :P

Guest hiroko_666

Some of it look more like coincidence rather than copying

an abt how her pv's r made, i dont think she has a say in it~ probably da producers responsible if they did copy.

i still love her~ she's a talented singer and great lyricist~

O_O...Yeah. I don't feel like saying much.

Would'nt people who wear a school girl's clothes be copying school girls then? :mellow:...Sometimes it's best to look at celebs at humans not high level people. You see it all the time in people how they "copy" other peoples styles. You see people wear the same clothes. It's not like their's a separate clothing store for everyone on earth. Nothing's original, you get ideas from other things.

Crap, I said I didn't want to say much. <_<...Don't argue with me either :X...It's just my opinion and some backing up.

Guest wish4or

HAHA> i dont belive this crap.ahha

every artist has their styles. but it's not like they dress theirself. they wear what's in style at the time .ahhah

if having similar clothes copying.ahah.then i guess we're all copying each other. except we arent making a public display of it.

Guest i like me

hhhmhmm last time i checked it was the MV coordinator and the producers and what not who were in charge of making videos.....guess i was wrong *saracasm*

and also...some of those are SUCH GENERIC music videos....i mean come on...on a moutnain?? WHO DOESNT HAVE a MV like that....seriously....NOTHING is original any more...GET OVER IT!!!!!

(shoot im not even a FAN of her...but this is ridiclous)

Guest LeSilly

Well, once you think about it... it's hard to come up with new ideas especially when everyone's done it~ Her copying isn't really noticeable.. BUT I did realize that she's really inspired by Madonna. When I first saw her smile... sometimes, her face reminds me of Madonna... My cousins ever said that! O____________o Freaky Deaky~

Guest baby--s
I don't think its her copying them but rather being inspired by western stars. I mean everyone does it, not even stars.

Guest XxIllicitxX

While some of the copies are undeniable, there are others that the Western stars were not the first to come up with either. Anyone else notice the Japanese influence in some of Madonna's pics there? So what, Madonna invented the Kimono now? Get real. And the pink dress Madonna is wearing was a copy of Marilyn Monroe's from the movie "How to Marry a Millionaire".

Do your research.

Guest moochi2000

it's nice u have proof which was borrowed from somewhere else

if her talent was copying, then she's pretty good @ it don't u think haha

she sings, she sings wat the company tells her to sing

she dresses wot wat he rcompany tells her to dress

get ur facts straight

i'm amazed that she appropriated so many "sytles" from the western culture

look, who doesn't

but yes u r right, it seems a bit overboard

but it's not like her songs would change

but she has talent

Guest chuiee

another topic about this?

nowadays many stars copy each other.. plus its not like its ayumi's choice to do so, probably her stylist or something

geeze shes a celeb, her job is to entertain us with her dance and music... and shes good with that so it's all good

fucking hilarious people.

Goodness, look at the dates. Some PVs date are really close together that it's hard to even ecopy. I mean Ayumi's PV is pretty expensive to make, and it usually takes months for touch up and post-productions. Seriously they're mostly coincidences. And those are just FEW things that Ayumi had set trends in Japan.

Guest Fish01

Jeeze... why even bother about this, she didn't copy 100%, not even close. and some of the examples are by chance that they have the same posture for a sec.

All artists need to borrow inspiration from another.

Any how, I still love ayumi and her singing.

Guest y2687

Only so some of the screens of her pvs match other screens, but the PV's are hardly anything alike O_o some screens even have nothing to do with eachother.. and whoever sat there taking all those samples trying so hard to make them look alike, really needs something better to do. everyone knows ayu admires madonna and her style, she's even said so herself.. atleast her pvs are deep.

Archived